[PRP-FIN] Cogs at Work [Apibom + Kaldru] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Honey delivery to Four Fronds!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Apibom had never been to Four Fronds, and for what they considered to be good reason! The murderwoods were near there. That, and it was a sort of vacation area for seadwellers, and while Apibom rather envied admired seadwellers, they were not exactly keen on running into any of them for the time being. They'd rather deal with people a little closer to their own hue. So most of their honey deliveries had been to shops near their own hive, or perhaps to Chittentown. Butt hey were all stocked up- this was the last place they'd seen needing a shipment of honey and, well... Api wanted some extra beetles to put toward their latest hobby experiment: figure collecting. It was a rather expensive hobby, surprisingly enough.

Joined by many of their lusus' drones, Apibom made their way to the Four Fronds shop, dragging a wagon full of honey jars behind them. It was hard work, but it was worth it! They were playing their part in the world after all, weren't they? Her Majesty was rather proud of them for the time being. They'd see how long that lasted, they needed a break from all the walking and the drones that were always watching- a short break could easily be considered slacking off!

Still, their feet hurt and then wanted to take a breather. They pulled their wagon off to the side of the road so as to not be in the way of anyone else traveling, and then settled onto the grass. Perfect...

quiet delegation
lemme know if you need me to change anything~!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:55 pm
Kaldru loved Four Fronds. In truth, it was much easier to get to than the upper settlements of Busthind, and while the residents might have been a bit upper crust for his typical hobbies, it didn't phase him in the least. While he did typically avoid the 'hunting parties,' the safer woods dotting the resort intrigued him. They were so much more lush than the scraggly, hardy things near his own hive! The twisting, thick branches were so tempting, and such it was that the blueblood found himself unable to resist; soon enough he was scrambling up one!

As expected, the branched trunk was exceptional for climbing, and soon enough Kaldru was playing a game of troll-watching, spying through the pale leaves as travelers and residents passed by on the road below. Every one of them perked his interest, though it was most unfortunate that they all seemed to have destinations! As much as he might want to talk to them, he wouldn't detain someone just to say hello, but the young blueblood was rather content with his position in the tree, right then.

It was much to his surprise and pleasure when one of the many passers-by stopped under his tree; he shuffled softly in the branches, peering down curiously at the warm toned clothes - how unusual, here! Not minding in the least, however, Kaldru's eyes were soon drawn to the wagon and its contents. He squinted at it curiously; he didn't recognize the golden stuff in the jars, and soon enough his curiosity got the better of him. He slipped down to the lowest branch, carefully tucked his kilt around his knees so it wouldn't flip down obscenely, and rather dramatically flipped upside down, head and torso popping suddenly out of the overgrowth as he hung by his legs, a large smile plastered over his features as he did so.

"Heya!" he chirped cheerfully, stretching one arm down towards the ground as he might have been lifting it in the air to wave. "Who're you?"

nepsah
gg kaldru kill people from shock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:59 am

It really was a rather nice night. Temperature wasn't too bad... there was a good breeze, they hadn't really run into anyone they needed to be worried about... Apibom raised a hand to stifle a yawn as they continued to make the mistake of letting their guard down. One should never be too careful around the woods, but the city troll wasn't exactly well-versed in that practice. Forests mostly just had animals in them, didn't they?

The sudden appearance of a troll was, of course, a shock. They yelped in surprise, scrambling to their feet as fast as they could to get away from whoever it was. It took them about half a second to realize the other troll was a) not a danger, b) hanging upside down... and c).... a highblood. They immediately flushed yellow with embarrassment and began to smooth themself out. Oh, geez. What a bad impression!

"Ah-ah, hello..!" They waved awkwardly once they'd sorted themself out. "Uh- I'm.. I'm Apibom. A-Apibom Honeii." They nodded their head a little deeper than normal- a good sign of respect, right? "I'm sorry if I disturbed you - I uh, I was just taking a small break..." They glanced over at their wagon which was now... covered in their lusii. The bees were crawling all over the jars, buzzing in anticipation of potentially having to defend them.

"Oh, uh..." Carefully Api shuffled forward again to try and subtly wave them down.... which was rather hard to do and so was totally unsuccessful in being remotely subtle at all. Good going.

quiet delegation
lemme know if you need me to change anything~!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:44 pm
"Oh, no, I'm fine!"

Kaldru grinned, waving off the concern casually. It wasn't his tree any more than (he assumed) it was theirs, so why would he be bothered by someone else resting under it? It just gave him a good opportunity to bother for chatter, in truth; he didn't feel bad striking up a conversation with someone clearly at rest.

"Are those yours?"

His eyes wandered to the golden jars again, this time lighting up with excitement at the swarm of small, white beasts over them. He wondered if they were the other troll's lusus, or perhaps just pets of some sort, but the way they swarmed up protectively reminded him of the way Mim's drones seemed to appear out of nowhere when he was at risk. As though on cue, one fist-sized worker - a soldier by the looks of it, with its massive (for its size) scaled head and broad, finger-length jaws brandishing as menacingly as possible - marched dutifully down his outstretched arm to inspect this new development. In truth, it seemed to surprise Kaldru; where had that one been hiding?!

"I'm Kaldru," he added, remembering his manners as he plucked the drone from his arm and set it on his shirt before hoisting himself back into the trees. Momentarily and with a light rustle, he reappeared, in a manner of speaking; the active blueblood hopped down from the trees, landing with a thud before picking himself up and beginning to dust the stray leaves from himself. The soldier settled on his shoulder, still watching Apibom, and two much smaller workers crawled rapidly over his shirt, avoiding being brushed off as their charge straightened himself.

"Kaldru Dajale! I saw that stuff," he said, pointing at the swarmed-over jars, "and I was wondering what it was, so I thought I'd pop down and say hi~"

nepsah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:28 pm

What a relief! They hadn't offended this as of yet unidentified highblood. Did he live around here? Api spared a quick look around to see if they could spot a hive- nope, one one hive in sight. Their attention snapped back to their wagon - still crawling with little bees - then over to the blueblood. They nodded enthusiastically. "Oh, yes! I was making a delivery, so I guess they're not mine anymore but they were. Y'know. Before I sold them." Rambling. They were rambling. How embarrassing!

Thankfully the mental self-berating didn't last long- the appearance of Kaldru's lusus... lusii? There were more of them- had caught their attention. They knew they weren't the only kid around with swarm lusii but still, they hadn't really run into anyone else with them. The bees on the jars did not seem to take kindly to being "threatened" by Kaldru's soldier and so began to buzz with more enthusiasm. Api hurriedly attempted to shoo them away from the jars- honestly, maybe they should tattle on the drones when they got back hive.

"It's uh, nice to meet you. You don't know what this stuff is?" They picked up one of the jars - the bees that were on it took flight and decided to settle on their horns instead. "Its honey! From my lusus's colony. I got some extra if you wanna try it!" Honestly they'd been saving it for themself, but hey! They were pretty darn certain that anyone that tried honey would love it and introducing a highblood to something tasty was sure to earn them some brownie points... Right?

quiet delegation

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:24 pm
"Oh I... that makes sense."

Kaldru smiled, not bothering to mention he'd initially meant the lusii and not the containers! It was fine, anyway; now he knew what the other troll was doing here. He briefly wondered what it was like, selling things regularly; he occasionally sold off things his lusus' drones dug up from deep underground, but he certainly didn't have any sort of business!

"Oh!" he exclaimed, lighting up before he got a chance to ask about the bees further. "I've never had any before, I'd love to try it!"

The young blueblood clapped his hands together eagerly, trotting the short distance closer to the wagon and Apibom themself. The soldier clicked at him disapprovingly, and one of the workers crawled up on his head and chittered lowly. Kaldru tilted his head, then flushed a lovely blue and looked absolutely mortified at whatever must have been said.

"Aaah! You're right!" he exclaimed, before reaching for the pouch at his waist. "You said you sold them, right? Even if it's extra, I should pay too!"

He beamed at that, digging out a second, smaller pouch from within, this one holding the small pile of beetles he took with him for traveling. The thought that he should simply take the honey didn't even cross his mind, especially not with Mim reminding him to help other workers do their jobs properly!

nepsah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:22 am

Perfect! Apibom settled the jar back into the wagon, then reached over to grab the small lunch bag they'd packed for themself. The bees on the wagon buzzed in protest, but eventually settled for crawling up their arms to hold on to their clothing. "I have some here- this is just extra for later." They opened their bag and reached inside, rooting around for a moment before finally producing a smaller jar of the gold substance.

"Huh?" They blinked in confusion as Kaldru announced that he should pay them for the honey. What was the proper course of action here... get a little extra money, or offer it as a gift? They shook their head, "oh no, no its okay!" They waved a free hand as they stepped closer to Kaldru. "Consider it a gift! Since you never had it before 'n all." Grinning wide, they held the jar out for Kaldru to take.

quiet delegation

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:21 pm
"Um... well, if you're sure it's no trouble. I don't mind paying for it, though. Mim says everyone should get what they're due if they do the work!"

Rather awkwardly, Kaldru took the jar, looking terribly concerned, especially as the soldier marched down his arm to inspect the gift. He waited a moment as the drone's eyes flared with a flush of their shared blood color, and a few seconds later he seemed to relax as the scaly thing chirped at him. He'd been given the go ahead to take the jar, though he didn't really understand; how did it go from a job to a gift so easily? Jobs were jobs, weren't they?

The blueblood's frown soon enough turned back up into a smile, then, and he unceremoniously found a place to flop on the ground, settling cross-legged. He tilted his head up towards the now-taller troll as he worked on removing the jar's lid; if he was going to get such a nice gift, he had to try it immediately, didn't he?

"I'm sorry I scared you! I've never seen you around before, do you make deliveries a lot? I don't live here or anything, but I'm here a lot. My hive's closer to Busthind, though! It's lonely out there, so -- oh wow! Wow! This stuff is really good!"

Kaldru surprisingly cut off his fountain of babbling as he tasted a finger full of the golden treat, his eyes going wide as a prickling sensation of pleasure washed over his tongue. He enjoyed sweet things anyway, but such a new flavor - it was delicious!

"Your lusus makes it? Wow, I wish mine could make something so good! Where do you sell it at? I -- ow!"

He pouted as one of the workers nipped his shoulder, scolding him for being so rude when she was right there.

"Well it's true!"

nepsah
oh no api found his weakspot: food l o l

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:57 am

"It's no trouble at all! I keep some a the stuff to give out sometimes. Mostly for samples 'n stuff but full jars too." Api nodded enthusiastically as Kaldru took the jar. They watched as one of his bug lusii come down to inspect the jar or... perhaps chide Kaldru for taking it. Should they state that it wasn't poisoned or something...? No, that'd be... suspicious..... and they were just a kid, not like they could get their hands on that kind of thing anyway!

They blinked as Kaldru plopped down- awkwardly hesitating for a minute before mimicking his motion and plopping down themself. Several bees buzzed into the air as a result- but quickly settled back into place on them. "Oh it's okay! I shoulda been more aware of my surroundings." They shook their head, "nope! This is my first time here. Most of the time I stick to the cities 'n stuff. Lots of bakeries that like honey." Api glanced over at their wagon, then back to Kaldru. Apparently he'd gotten his first taste.

They grinned widely, pleased he liked it so much! "Haha! I'm glad you like it! Yeah my lusus and her drones make the honey 'n eat it but I get to keep the extra stuff to sell or use myself." They nodded, still grinning. The gift had worked out! Definitely a good sign. "Uhmmm I mostly just sell it out of my hive 'cause I don't have... a real shop or anythin'. Its just for extra beetles 'cause I do a lotta stuff." They gasped softly as one of the bugs nipped Kaldru. "Uh-oh, did I get you in trouble??" They clasped their hands together, expression turning from smiling to concerned in a matter of seconds.

quiet delegation
//cACKLES

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:06 pm
"Y-yeah -- uh, I mean no. You didn't!"

Kaldru actually whined slightly as he found himself nipped again, and he sulked pointedly towards his lusus' drone. He'd only been being honest! Why was that worth scolding him not once, but twice, and in front of a new acquaintance, too! It wasn't his fault if she didn't make anything tasty!

"You're lucky though!" he piped up, clearly trying to ignore the bug on his shoulder. If he got in worse trouble, so be it! There were friends to make; shouldn't she have been happy about that?

"Mim doesn't want me to go any further than Four Fronds ... um! Like I said, I actually live up near Busthind! Well, kinda between here and Busthind. I come out here a lot because it's lonely, and it's a lot harder to travel up the mountain than it is through the woods."

The blueblood offered a drop of the golden stuff to the drones, and after a moment of likely suspicious chittering, one of them finally tasted it. They seemed to calm down after that, settling down on their charge to watch calmly.

"What other kinda stuff do you do?" he asked, clearly eager to know more about the troll with the tasty treat. "I mostly just spend my time trapping stuff to eat and building on my play-hive. Um, Mim's workers dug a hive out underground, but it's super dark and even lonelier, so I started building a little place near the road so I can see visitors sometimes. It must be super nice to live in a place where there's trolls around all the time!"

nepsah
api honey there are so many better and less chatty trolls you could have sucked up to

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Yes? No? Api wasn't entirely sure which answer to take so they remained in place looking a little concerned until Kaldru commented on their luck. "Ahaha, I s'pose so! It's a lot of work though." They rubbed the back of their head with one hand, laughing a little in response to Kaldru's enthusiasm. "Fluff doesn't really like me wandering about too much either. It's better to stay near the hive 'n all that stuff..." They shrugged, allowing themself to slightly roll their eyes to indicate that it was quite a drag to be told to stay in one spot. Kaldru seemed like he might enjoy that.

"I've never been to Busthind! Is it really that tough?? I live ummm... On the outskirts of New Hemisect." They watched as Kaldru offered some of the honey to one of the bugs. "Oh, uhhhhh...." The question about what they did caught them a little off guard- they should've expected that. "I build stuff too! Not hives tho... Well, I guess plant hives if y'really wanna look at it that way... Mostly I garden a lot 'cause Fluff an' the colony need flowers to pollinate so they can make the honey." They nodded, doing their best 'this is a super important job' impression while speaking.

"I mean... there's a lot to do around New Hemisect so I guess I do a lil'bit of everythin'. You should come sometime if you wanna be near lots of other trolls! There's tons of 'em!" Api clapped their hands together in a display of excitement.

quiet delegation
omg hahaha but they're so chatty too. mercy upon whatever troll the two of them might encounter together at a later date...... endless chattering from both of them.

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:01 am
"Gardening! I do a little gardening! Not for eating, though... Wel, mostly not, since I'm not super good at it, yet. Not for pollinating either, though that sounds neat! You must see your lusus... Lususes... Lusii a lot! I see a couple of these little ones all the time, but Mim mostly does her own thing. She tells me to stay out of the way and not be lazy... Oh and she gives me shiny rocks to sell sometimes! Nothing I could make regular deliveries from, though, I think."

Kaldru seemed rather sulky at that, though another n** at his shoulder snapped him out of it; he knew sulking was one of the things his kid is looked down on the most, besides perhaps too vivid emotions, so the blueblood tried his best to stay perked up. Still, it was hard not to be jealous of a lusus that was more... present in someone's life than his own. He adored his own, but she was rather, well, distant.

"Mmh!"

After the momentary introspection, Kaldru nodded enthusiastically at the thought of visiting New Hemisect. He had wanted to do so for the longest time, anyway; maybe having a friend there would convince his dear guardian it would be okay for him to go. The thought made his eyes positively sparkle, and he smiled widely, quite obviously pleased at the prospect.

"That would be great! Maybe I could come visit you~ You could show me your, hehe, plant hives! And around the city some, 'cause I've never been there... Um, really since I've only ever been to Busthind and here, that'd be super exciting!"

The highblood paused for a moment, then laughed sheepishly at himself and offered a grin to Apibom.

"Um, well. I mean, if you wanted! Mim says I shouldn't just invite myself over!"

nepsah
omg right?? no one else would get a word in edgewise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:20 pm

"Most a my stuff isn't super edible either... I mostly just go flowering plants." They shrugged. Raising food bearing plants took waaaaay more effort than they were willing to put into it. Things were hard enough without having to worry about vegetables going bad on the vine! "Oh yes, they're around alllll the time. Its super noisy sometimes 'cause they buzz when they fly 'n stuff." They titled their head a little, eyes drifting to the workers on Kaldru before going back to his face again. "Shiny rocks?? That sounds cool!! Do you get a lotta freedom to go wherever then?" Never mind that Api had quite a bit of freedom to roam themself, they were going to make that particular ability sound as enviable as possible.

"Oh yes! I don't mind at all. My hive isn't really anythin' fancy but I'd love to show you around! Ooh I can even make you some honey tea. Do you like tea??" They grinned widely and nodded excitedly at the idea.

quiet delegation
eventually they'd get so caught up in bouncing off of each other's chatter that the victim could slip away and not be noticed............. hahahaaha

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:01 am
"I get to roam around as long as I stay in the areas that Mim tells me ... she gets really mad if I go any further. Other than that though, I can pretty much do what I want? Is that not um, normal?"

Kaldru leaned down, stretching to touch his toes; he enjoyed chattering, but it was always so hard for him to stay still in one place for very long. Already he was feeling the urge to run off and get into something else, but the enjoyment of making a new friend was, at least for the moment, overriding that.

"Tea? Oh! Oh yeah, I've had that a couple of times. I don't think I've had it with honey though. That'd be great! I love trying new stuff! Um, and I'm sure your hive's just fine~ Mine's mostly just a bunch of holes in the ground, anyway."

The blueblood giggled at that thought.

nepsah
now that bf is over ..............

if you wanna wrap their meeting up soon i'll start a visitation / bee dancing lesson rp when we're done with this one if you still wanna do that :'D

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff