[PRP] Trashy People [Marcus/Cassandra] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:22 pm
Cassandra ******** had been in town for a grand total of two weeks. Enough time to get her apartment settled (Ted was a very good boy, keeping her apartment safe from dirt and the occasional side of her foot), put in more applications for work than any normal person should have (she'd likely dropped the same application off at the same place at least three times. At least they'd know she was serious?), and....well, she hadn't gotten anything a person needed in order to live an actual, basic, human life.

The Pizza Hut closest to her place definitely knew her by now (how many days can you order a pizza twice a day before they wonder if you're OK?) and she'd confirmed the fridge didn't stink (much), so she'd decided to make the ultimate move-in decision. It was time to go grocery shopping. Which by her standards meant 'I don't have plates or knives or-'

She should have picked up a grown up person cart. She shouldn't have picked up the arm basket. But Cassandra hadn't wanted to push it through the store. That required effort and goals. So instead she'd carefully tetris'd her basket. Paper plates (check), disposable utensils (double check on the forks, those always ran out first), 2-12 packs of soda (not into the basket), and then-

Frozen. Always the frozen section. There was no way she was going to fit in enough TV dinners to last her a proper handful of days.Especially not the cheap a** $1 ones she was eyeballing. And trying to open the freezer for while still holding everything. Cass knew she should have gotten the big cart, but now she was determined.

Which was how she dropped the contents of her basket and one of the things of plastic forks busted open, spilling their contents all across the store floor. She stared down at it, sighed deeply, then finally relented to put things down and start cleaning up her own mess.

"Thanks for setting me up for success, guys." she hissed under her breath as she collected the forks, quietly debating each time if she should stab herself in the eye so she'd have a reason to scream in frustration. Even though she knew it was her own damn fault.

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

Istoleyurvamps
I'm sorry (not sorry) that Cass is a mess and that I keep harassing you to RP with me. Sob.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:59 pm
Rounding the corner and minding his own business, Marcus wasn't expecting two things. One, was a landmine of forks in the frozen food section. Two, was running right into a woman bent over and nearing falling on top of her in his fork stumble. This was all because he's been playing a tap game about fish and not paying attention.

So now, he had without meaning to, made the fork mess bigger but also grabed a stranger by the hips. Letting go like he'd been set on fire, a jumpy apology came out of him in Arabic before he shook himself to his senses.
"Sorry, sorry-, um the forks." That's when he looked down at them.

"Do you need help with them? I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." He had two items in his basket. Tinfoil (three rolls of it in fact), and a tiny cactus from the floral department.

He was slightly embarrassed. He should have just gone down into the forks like a true social swan that he was.
demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 pm
Normally, people didn't trip over her idiot self in the grocery store. She barely braced herself on her arms, cursing in Greek, as Marcus grabbed her hips. While she knew it hadn't been intended, she made a slight squeak of a noise and also grabbed her hips once he'd let go of her. At least some of the forks had been snapped in half during their kerfuffle and Cass found herself looking at all of them, sighing deeply.

"I can't even do this much right. Great." she took a few deep breaths, pinching the bridge of her nose and whispering 'Namasteeee, deep breatthhhsss' to herself before she started to shove things back into the box they'd all come out of.

"No, I..." she picked up a few more forks to shove into the box, "I mean, you can but i'm not going to make you," she slammed the box onto the floor and put both hands over her face. Cassandra forced herself to take deep breaths again. New towns were always hard to settle into and she definitely hadn't been settling well. If she didn't have a contract to worry about, she would have considered just moving on again.

"Sorry, I'm just..." Cass wrung her hands open and closed. "Having a bad day. Are you alright? Didn't hurt yourself while nearly stepping on a Cass-mine?" Hey, that was the first joke she'd made with that name. Great! Progress. Maybe. She barely glanced at his basket as she spoke to him, brows rising. "I like your cactus."

She clearly was doing just as well.

Istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:14 pm
It was a thing. Marcus knew it was just a thing but seeing people upset was never a thing he let go of easily; He looked at her for a moment before getting down and beginning to scoop up as many of the forks as he could, oping he might help alleviate her stress. She wasn't going to pay for them was she? He hoped not. He hoped the store wouldn't make her.
Besides, she was picking them up which was more than most people did.

"I'd like to," came his belated reply offering her a handful of forks, all stacked on top of each other neatly as to not poke her by accident.
"Help I mean. I should have been looking where I was um-Going."
Looking at her and a tiny smile cracked. She was cute. But that was beside the point.
"I'm fine though. I uh, like your face." He blurted it out like an idiot at her complimenting the cactus.
"Cacti are great, just a bit of water and they thrive. Plus they have vibrant blossoms when you take care of them. Do you like cacti? They have a special going on, buy one get one."
He was babbling and looking at her like an idiot, forks held out like a pointy bouquet.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:24 pm
The further Marcus dug into his awkward hole, the more Cass just couldn't help but smile, carefully trying to organize the forks into the box as she picked them up. Eventually she gave up on making sure the top of it would close up again, just trying to make everything fit instead. Lord, he was the adorable dorky type, wasn't he?

"Oh, I was the one on the floor. I don't normally look at my feet while walking," she relented, still forcing herself to take deep breaths, but sounding a lot less strained about everything. When he commented on her face, she lifted her brows slightly, a somewhat silly smile crossing her lips. "Well, I'm glad you like my only redeeming feature. I'm not sure what I'd do without it," she answered casually, reaching out with both hands to take the forks from Marcus and barely brushing her hands across his as she did so.

"I certainly wouldn't buy a cactus. I don't think I can keep a plastic plant alive and eventually Ted would eat it." she didn't clarify that 'Ted' was an electronic device and she would likely have to knock a plant over to make Ted do anything.

Cassandra carefully began to stuff the rest of the forks in the box when she eyed the contents of Marcus's basket again. "Is tinfoil on sale too? Do a lot of baking or...?" she actually didn't know what else someone would use tinfoil for.

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:58 pm
"Cacti are easy to tend to. Succulents can be really resilient to pets as well. I'm sure you could keep one. If I can, anyone can." Said the man who had several tiny gardens just in case the world started to end. Again.

Now there was a morbid thought. Thankfully, it was chased away by the woman's smile which made his own widen considerably.

"I mean, your smile is bright enough you could probably not have to worry about sunlight. I mean, ah erm. Well." Smooth as butter.
"Cacti are really nice." Change topic he told himself. Pretty women and prickly plants and forks gotten he stood, offering a hand up to her. Tinfoil looked at breifly before he spoke without a filter once more.

"I use it to hinder radio and magnetic waves from the cell tower by my house." He kicked himself. That didn't sound odd, not at all.
"They tend to mess with the electronics so I have to get creative." Totally logical right. Nothing to do with spying and tracking and the fact he had records of interference at his house. It was just a normal thing. For safety.

"I also need it because I'm making roasted potatoes with rosemary and garlic tonight and I ran out."

Normal things.

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:08 pm
"Oh no, Ted isn't an animal." Cassandra corrected. "Spines won't stop Ted from doing whatever it is he wants to that poor cactus." And she really didn't want to find a place for a cactus. Marcus' not-so-subtle compliment made her laugh. "Oh, I'm sure it would do better in an actual window in the hands of someone capable,"

She stashed the box of forks back into her basket then accepted Marcus' hand to stand again, brushing herself off and then picking up her two boxes of soda again. Good thing she had at least one big strong arm to balance everything she was carrying in.

Listening to Marcus' explanation for the tinfoil, Cassandra would have admitted it wasn't exactly what she had expected him to be using them for. Her brows lifted and she quietly put a tick on her list of 'ways to tell if you're dealing with a crazy' list. Her own list was ticked off pretty well so she knew a thing or two about crazy, at least.

"I see. I've heard wire mesh works for that too. Doesn't keep all the heat waves in your place either. Unless you like melting in your own skin," Cass replied with an innocent tone. Sure she believed you.

"Oh, those sound really good," Cass's stomach growled at the mention of the potatoes and her face turned red. Whoops. "Much more grandiose than my plans at least."

Istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:26 pm
Ted wasn't an animal than what was Ted?
Oh.
Oh.

He visibly relaxed...Reading the situation all wrong. He assumed Ted must have either been a metaphysical being or an otherworldly resident. "I see. I don't have a name for those who visit me other than a few more corporeal beings, but they're all quite friendly thankfully." He spoke a bit softer. Many people in this new world were not always so welcoming. Or open.

"Wire mesh however is only useful as a physical barrier. The aluminum and mineral content is too low to really make a meaningful impact, and while it's great for when I make my statues or have yard projects, the foil is better as it can be shaped into rather pleasing forms while better serving their purpose." Reaching into his wallet he pulled out a tiny very flat origami tinfoil flower.
"See? Form and function." He offered it to her not putting much thought behind the action of offering a woman he'd just met and flirted with a flower made of literal metal.

"If you want to melt you can join me." He froze, that came out wrong. "God no-" A small curse in arabic he took a breath pink reaching his ears.
"If you're that hungry I'd be happy to share. They're quite tasty and melt in your mouth with a little butter or roasted chicken."

Was he offering to cook her a dinner? Maybe.

(He was)

He tried his best to smile, embarrassed. "Marcus Lacroix."

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:41 pm
A look of confusion slowly passed over her face as Marcus started talking about corporeal beings before shaking her head slowly.

"N...o......the ghost in my apartment is named Dennis. Ted is a Roomba." she clarified. There wasn't actually a ghost in her apartment, but if he knew his popular culture, she'd at least hopefully get a chuckle about the name of choice she'd pulled out of nowhere for it. He probably wouldn't, though.

Okay, Marcus definitely had a few odd quirks to him, but she wasn't exactly a bucket of rainbows. Maybe she was.. At least her face was, apparently. "Just gotta put the mesh in the right places. I'm not quite sure that the procedure is for electronics." she admitted with a shrug. As she was offered the flower, she took it shakily with one hand and a smile, debating as to where to put it before she settled for the logical option: down her shirt.

Then again, she gave him a look of mild amusement as he fumbled for the right word for his meanings. "Well, I'd feel bad not having anything I could really...bring to the table," she admitted sheepishly. "Not much of a cook." Hence why she currently had a basket of cheap TV dinners. And broken forks.

As he introduced himself, Cass quietly fumbled in her head for the right name to give him in turn.

"Cassandra N...T..." she coughed, "Cassandra Youttz." Nailed it.

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:57 pm
"..." He opened his mouth, closed it, then he laughed. Dennis. "Ah, Buffy right?" He hoped he was right about the joke. She was joking right. But Ted was her roomba. Roombas were pets as far as he considered them. A bit dim and needing regular upkeep.

Her putting the flower down her shirt had his face turning a rather lovely deep red. His gaze lingered there a moment longer than needed perhaps before it zoomed back to her face, not knowing just how red he looked.
"Honestly, I like company. Its hard cooking for one." Following her gaze to the frozen food he made no comment.
"If you came over early enough we could cook together. Cassandra." Her hands were full and now that the forks were all taken care of?
"Give me your number we can text and work it out? I'll hold the soda if you want."  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:09 pm
As he processed her joke, she waited, smiling and shifting the soda to her other arm because oh lord that was heavy and her arm was tired. "Angel, but close enough." the series were related, she'd give him full credit for getting that one.

She watched him, pointedly, as his attention remained on her chest (or rather the disappearing flower) and laughed. Oh, he was such a little dork and it was very cute. Cassandra would let herself play with that for a while. "Oh? You find all your company in the grocery store, Marcus?" she inquired with a teasing tone. "And invite strange girls over to ruin your kitchen as well? Why, I'm flattered you trust me so much." she heavily considered making a joke about being a sleeper agent.

She'd hold off on that joke for the time being, just in case that would turn him into a bundle of nerves.

"Ummm, phone..." she got a slightly serious look on her face. "Shoot," she fumbled through her pocket with her now free hand to pull it out. It was a contractless thing people usually could pick up in a grocery store and it probably hadn't cost her much more than $20 for the device itself. Because really she didn't talk to anybody much.

"xxx-555-7897," she read off of the menu as she navigated to find said number. "Texting is fine, I'm not big on actually holding a phone to my ears. Might pressurize my ear and have to drive West at 80 MPH and die."

It was a joke.

She really hoped he'd pick up that reference too.

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:23 am
He coughed to clear his throat. He found company in a lot of odd places. Not that it was bad just that he had a very odd way of finding it.
"Good company knows no bounds. And I'd argue that inviting strange girls to dinner is exactly the thing one should do. My kitchen has held up to my experiments so I'm sure it could handle whatever you have to offer."

He set his basket down, pulling out his own phone and punching in the number a quick text shot off to text if he'd got it right. The text consisted of the cake emoji and nothing else.

He missed the reference however. "So uh, see you. Around. Cassandra. Um." he swallowed, looking at her awkwardly.
"Do you want me to carry the soda, I'm pretty much done shopping so uh." He didn't know what to do.
"I'd invite you to get a coffee with me before dinner, but your meals might melt in the meantime."

demon_pachabel
he awk

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 am
"Experiments? Should I be worried?" she asked lightly. "Or should I take that as a personal challenge?" No Cass. Don't take that as a personal challenge and burn down his house. At least he has a house. HE HAS ROOTS CASS. DON'T RUIN IT.

Cassandra watched her phone as he texted her, when smiled at the little cake emoji that popped up on the screen. She flipped mindlessly through her own options and chose one at random to send back to him.

istoleyurvamps

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nailed it.

"You don't have to carry anything for me. I'm a big strong girl," this was a lie, "I can carry my stuff. You're very sweet to offer though." Slightly flirty? Maybe, but it was meaningless to her. "I'd take you up on coffee, but that also means you're stuck with me looking like the trash heap I rolled out of this morning after. These," she looked at her dinners, "if they defrost that just means I microwave them for less time. I really won't be hurting for it." Though something in her started nagging at the idea of going on TOO MANY food adventures with the same person in but a single day. Hey now. Don't let him treat you too much. Keep it fun, don't set him up to break his heart in a week.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:54 pm
He scoffed at her. Marcus was all for self admonishment towards himself but less when he heard it from others.
"Well you're a very cute trash heap and we'll just have to put the meals in a thermal bag is all." the man paused, a slowly thought about what he just said.

He was this far, might as well keep going.

"Shall we check out and then check each other out?" He smiled at the joke that wasn't a joke because he really did plan to do that more than he already had.

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:16 pm
"Oh, only on the surface, I assure you. Maybe I'll let you see how deep the trash pile goes." she said, though her tone and smile lost a certain brightness they'd had previously. Well. He was forward enough at least.

"So your plan is to just whisk me away for a romantic evening of....potatoes and coffee?" she inquired, though it didn't keep her from starting to walk her nice heavy boxes up towards the check out stands. "I mean, it's better than what my plans were at least." What HAD her plans been? Oh yeah, TV dinner and play fetch with Ted.

Ted was VERY good at fetch.

Istoleyurvamps
SORRY FOR REQUOTE, I editted something.

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out