Submit

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Did you hear the one about a kid that sees dead people?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:25 pm
Akkira turned her head to one side and then to the other. There was no sign of her lusus, so she had probably successfully escaped her lusus. But she wouldn't feel safe until she was inside the hive and her scent was drowned out by whoever the occupants were. She didn't know much about the Troll she was visiting, she knew a bit about Aprife but not much about the doctor that he shared a hive with.

Oddly, she felt nervous. Would she seem stupid for asking about psionics? For mentioning the voices she keeps hearing over and over again. She chewed her lip as thoughts raced through her young mind. She was snapped from her mind wandering by the sounds of her lusus melody. She had to get in asap before her lusus found where she was. She knocked quickly and loudly at the hive door, "Hey! Uhhhhh..!" Off the top of her head, she could not recall a name for the doctor. "Hey doc, you live here right? I need to ask you something,"

Melancholies

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:56 pm
    "Doc has a name, thank you!" came the quick snappy reply, muffled from inside the hive. Muerte had no idea who the hell was visiting him, but his response would have been the same regardless if the voice had been familiar or not. Sighing (very dramatically), he rose from his messy desk and made his way slowly to the door.

He almost shut it once it was opened, actually, because he didn't immediately see anything until he looked down. A child. How quaint. "Muerte Perist, if you must." He opened the door more, but only so he could stand fully in the doorway with his hands on his hips. "What do you want? I'm a very busy individual."

He recognized the symbol vaguely, but only because Aprife had information on most of the trolls in the swamp and Muerte himself had a vague, crude "database" (if it could even be called that) of compiled medical records. His fingers tapped impatiently as he awaited a response.

saihen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:22 pm
Melancholies
short short short

That was a lot faster and a lot more offended than she was expecting, it was almost funny. Actually, she couldn't help but cover her mouth and giggle, oops. Akkira removed her hands from her mouth and cleared her throat. "Soooorrry, I'm not very good at remembering the names of trolls I don't know!" she said leaning forward a bit. "Actually I don't know if I ever heard your name until now, so how was I supposed to know,"

She locked her hands together behind her back before she continued to speak"Anyway. my name is Akkira and I was wondering if you could teach me anything about psionics," being let inside wouldn't hurt, she thought. "I thought that maybe, since you're a doctor you might know something," Or at the very least could explain it in a way that made logical sense and not just 'they exist I've seen them,' or 'they just do and you're a dummy if you don't believe in it,'.  

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:01 pm
    Muerte's lip twitched. But then he cackled, and then he brushed his bangs back with a fluid (if not sarcastic) movement. "Well, I can't say I'm not inconvenienced, but you've come to the right place. I know many things." He shook his head in a "it just can't be helped" sort of way, for some reason.

"Very well. I've decided." He stood up straight and stepped to the side, allowing the tiny child into his abode, "It would be selfish of me to deny the pursuit of knowledge. If these things prove too confusing then you can just leave." He waved his hand nonchalantly. Did he actually know about psionics? Not terribly, but that wasn't the point. He knew about anything depending on who was asking.

The interior of his hive was quite bare, outfitted with only the minimum. As he led Akkira in deeper to his lab, things became more populated. In fact, his lab space was an absolute disaster of papers, broken tech, books and the like. A few empty stools entertained the messy table, beckoning.

saihen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:41 pm
Melancholies

Any dramatic spectacle the greenblood put on was lost entirely to the blind child. unable to detect any visual sarcasm that Muerte had going on. She knew he was moving as she could hear his clothes rustling, but that was it. She wondered what the literal swamp wash this guy was doing. But the clue that she was allowed inside was more than enough to get the small redblood animated and moving. She tapped the ground with her bokken, making sure she wasn't going to slam into a wall, the door or the greenblood.

"You know, for someone who doesn't like being inconvenienced, you sure picked an inconvenient place to live," she said as she tried to keep up with him. Mostly she wanted to make sure she was close by, the echos being muddied when she was close by and reverberating when there was too much distance. Of course it would be simple just to grab his coat and hang on, but she was not that weak! She could do this herself! Akkira realized real soon how empty this place was, the echoes were pretty obvious when she payed attention to sounds that came from the sides and not in front of her. After a while though, the sounds got a bit more muddied, a crowded area? Maybe?

"Wow, this place is pretty packed isn't it? I mean, it sounds like there's a lot in here, the other one was pretty empty," she started to ramble. "Of course it probably looks perfect, just.... sounds like you have a lot in here...." she trailed off, how do you describe why a room sounds busy or empty? People who can see wouldn't get it anyway and she knew that.  

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:11 pm
    "Oh you silly little... thing." He pursed his lips, not knowing what to call her (a name was too chummy; Akkira was out of the question) "It's not inconvenient because I rarely have to leave. When you have the brain, the smarts, the privilege that someone as myself does, you have other trolls to do all the hard work."

He was talking about Aprife.

"Of course, I still leave when the time affords it. Or when it's absolutely necessary; but those occasions are typically worth their weight in beetles." He pulled up a chair to have a seat, motioning to the other stool when a realization dawned on him.

"Did you say... hear?" His eyes narrowed, robotic eye whrring like a camera lens. "You... you're blind, aren't you?" He set his elbows on the table, chin in his hands.

"How curious." the tone of his voice changed slightly; something perhaps a hair less harsh, "Take a seat. It's to your right." He started to busy himself with collecting some papers, ready for his impromptu lesson.

saihen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:40 pm
Melancholies

He rarely left and he didn't have to work hard? So did that mean he was weak? probably. She wondered how likely it would be that she could hold him in a headlock and keep him there.... but now was not the time for getting physical. "Yeah, but doesn't that just make you weak in the long run? Wouldn't you just get killed without someone there to protect you, that seems kind of stupid to me," Without a doubt it did seem like a stupid idea, but... it also had it's perks from the sound of it and it wasn't like she hadn't used someone to do things for her before.

Akkira was thinking about the idea of what would be precious enough for this weird hermit to leave his hive when he asked about her blindness. Did.... did he seriously not realize that she was blind? DID HE SERIOUSLY OVERLOOK THAT. She actually laughed out loud this time. "Yeah? Of course I'm blind! Been blind for as long as I can remember," she affirmed as she felt around for the chair. Eventually she found the stool, once she confirmed that it was solid enough to sit on she climbed on. She rest her boken against the table carefully.

"So, uhhh... what was that noise? It was like, uhhhh...." she paused in thought and then tried to make a noise like the whirring sound that came from Muerte's eye.  

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:15 am
    This was typically a point that would piss Muerte off and send him into rants and raves, but he also had to be in a position where he felt threatened. Coming from a small blind child that, as far as he could tell, was utterly unattended by their lusus, meant he was not feeling very threatened. "Perhaps for any ordinary troll, yes. I've transcended that; hosting intelligence like my own is a far bigger burden than any typical strength." He nodded sagely.

"Case in point! That sound is none other than a profound piece of tech that I—Muerte Perist—have engineered all on my own. In fact, it's insurance to keep from becoming blind myself. It's a robotic eye that—well, I suppose that would be telling, wouldn't it?"

He organized the papers on his desk, "It helps me see, and it's worth far more in beetles than you are. That's all you need to know." His mouth twisted into a grin, the sight unnatural (not that Akkira could tell), "Secrets are half of the battle after all, and that's why I put my expertise to work every night. You came to learn about psionics? They might—in fact—be one of the biggest secrets of all.

He slapped his hands on the table.

"But, I am dangerously close to uncovering them. Tell me; what about them piqued your interest and compelled you to seek me out?"

saihen
he's so... wordy... dies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:50 am
[quote="Melancholies"That's okay, Akkira isn't much better. :') ]

Akkira just silently listened to Muerte's entire speech. She was both awed and irritated by him. How could a troll live with just brains alone? Wasn't that a foolish thing to do? She pursed her lips and placed her arms on the table folded. But what really irked her was the 'worth far more beetles' comment, she wanted to slug him. If ANYTHING, she was worth more than that stupid eye.

"WellIi don't know about that, that eye of yours is alright, but it can't climb or fight or sing or do acrobatics!" she inhaled sharply before she continued her rant slamming her hands on the table and knocking over her boken. She heard what sounded like a chorus of voices chatting at once, nearby specters with weak wills, likely being drawn to Akkira's emotional state."In the long run you'll just have to repair it when it breaks! and it doesn't do much! I think in the long run I'm worth waaaay more than your eye!" She finally blurted out and then waved her arms, "I don't understand what's so special about being able to see at all! I doubt there is anything I'm missing out on that I can't do without my other senses, I mean I'm here, by myself, what does anyone need to see for?"

Okay she was getting way off topic here, but she was equal parts offended as she was impressed. Akira took a deep breath and held it before letting it out slowly. To be honest, she did sort of want to see. She'd love to see her home, her friends... seeing would probably be nice, but it wasn't everything. "But I guess if you're able to make something that lets you see, you have to be pretty smart," she said with a sulky sound to her voice, maybe with the slightest note of envy.

Oh, but she was still getting off track, she didn't come here to argue with this infuriating doctor! She came here for information."Anyway.... " she began slowly, trying to clear the strong emotions from her throat so it would actually work. "I met this troll in chittentown, she supposedly could teleport from place to place and Forera was telling me that Psionics exists and it's not something that Rianon made up just to mess with me, but what are Psionics? how do they work? How do you know if a troll has it or them?"

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:43 pm
    "Well don't you have a mouth." His tongue clicked against his teeth disdainfully. "Seeing is what allows me to dedicate myself to my craft. All the brawn in the world would mean nothing without science and medicine backing it." he adjusted the glasses on his nose, but mercifully dropped the subject. Was Muerte easily provoked? Yes, but this was a child. He was getting better about screaming at things that didn't warrant it. Had she been gnawing on his books like certain other children...

"Teleportation sounds interesting. We can deduce that she wasn't a lowblood, then." He looked to his papers. "Or at least assume. One of the first things I've noticed with psionics is that they are, to some extent, dictated by blood." Stryke, Odette, Vremea... what did they have in common? "At least, so goes my theory. Of the lowbloods in the rebellion, all their powers seem innately based on mental prowess rather than physicality. I've read reports of highbloods with spectacular displays of strength, rapid regeneration... things of that nature." his fingers thrummed together. "Why this occurs, I'm not sure. The same goes for their origin in general; why do some trolls have it? Why do others awaken to their powers far later in life?"

"These are mysteries I'm hoping to unravel. As it stands, I believe they're tied to certain stress responses. Any troll I've looked into that had woken to their abilities late did so in an act of emergency. To that end, I believe all trolls might be capable, it's just awakening that potential..." He sighed, feeling his throat dry. "I'm going to grab a drink. Don't touch my documents."

saihen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:15 pm
Melancholies
UR NOT GETTING AWAY THAT EASILY.

The young redblood stuck her tongue out at Muerte in response to the mouth comment. She had one and she'd use it ! other than that moment of insolence she listened intently to what Muerte had to say, though at some point she had rested her head on the table as she listened, her eyelids closed. when he was finished she gave a melodic but quiet hum as she mulled over the information she was given. None of it was really anything that proved psionics were a thing, but if highbloods did have more physical powers while lowbloods had more mental powers? that sort of makes sense, but she'd never met any lowbloods with powers so that didn't really prove anything at all did it.

"Huh?" She snapped from her thoughts and raised her head from the table. She scoffed and scoot of the stool, "Why would I touch your documents? I can't read or see them at all, so what good would that do me... it would be, uhhh...." what was the word she was looking for? Something that meant stupid and pointless to do? "There wouldn't be a point to it!" She clambered off the stool to keep up with the doctor. "I want come with! I want something to drink too," water would be great, boiled leaf water would be even better. She ignored the voices that seemed to be coming closer to the hive.

"... Rianon is a greenblood, I think. I don't know for sure but she was warmer than Forera, but a lot colder than me," Akkira picked up her bokken and rested it on her shoulders, completely sure that she wouldn't run into anything this time, maybe. "I mean, you'd probably have to see for yourself to know, but uhh... I don't know, maybe I can invite her over to my hive and you can see for yourself what I'm talking about, though.... I don't know if she'd be alright with that," the young redblood trailed off . "Maybe, I still don't know if I believe that this isn't some sort of elaborate prank,"  

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:40 pm
    "Force of habit." He replied swiftly with a raised eyebrow. The incident with that scrounge of a child was still fresh in his memory. He didn't say anything to Akkira's instance on joining him, and instead opted to keep waxing scientific poetry.

"Nevertheless, it's just a hypothesis, but it would be interesting if I could have more substantial data." He tapped his chin as he wandered down the hallways in his hive. The lab was situated in a higher part of the lab, so the way to the rest of the hive was mostly downstairs. The closer he got to the more interior parts of the dwelling though, the less it smelled like chemicals and the more it smelled like something lived in. The soft smells of honey and flora were faintly present. "I was under the impression that blood did little to separate trolls other than by politics, but if there is something different with the physiological aspect then it would be groundbreaking."

The nutrientblock was small, but equipped with the necessities. He produced a bottle of pre-boiled (self purified) water before setting it to rest on the stove. "I'm more interested in how it happens, however. The DNA aspect and how I can harness it for my own purposes." Finding a match, he lit the stove apparatus underneath what was a makeshift kettle. "Either way, as I said, I could use more subjects to study. This... Rianon. Teleportation seems like a very intriguing ability." That, stopping time, electric manipulation, super speed... psionics really were a vast subject.

"Don't touch anything." He warned her again, "I worked hard on all of the furniture." Which was to say, he made doodles and had Aprife construct them.

saihen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:42 pm
Melancholies

Well, unlike SOME trolls, she wasn't some kind of heathen! Though she did really want to knock stuff over just for the sake of it. She was up off the stool and following the greenblood, carefully. She touched the walls as she walked to make sure she wasn't going to slam into them or anything else. Attentively the young redblood listened to Muerte and the sounds his voice made against the walls. As they made their way to the house, Akkira couldn't help but let out a noise of satisfaction at the smell of honey and some sort of floral aroma. It was much better than the chemicals and lab smells even if it was faint, something nice. If they could continue talking here she would much prefer that to the lab. Once in the nutrition block, she took a seat on the floor.

"...hmmmm," She didn't know a whole lot about the specifics of biology and didn't have the faintest clue how you would harness a power or anything through DNA. That sort of escaped her. "Well... if you want to meet Rianon, maybe you could both come over at the same time?" she mused over the idea, at the very least it would probably be funny if they ended up mad at each other. "And I guess if I end up with some sort of power or something, I'd kinda like to know more about it too so--" just then there was a loud bang somewhere up above, like something heavy being thrown. Akkira flinched in surprise, the whispering was now distinct andtalking about teaching someone a lesson. "Is, uhhhh.... there anyone here besides us?" Unaware that this was a voice only she could hear, she couldn't help but let nervousness choke her voice.  

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 pm
    His eyes were lidded as he waited for the kettle to sound. "What on Alternia are you babbling about?" He sighed, but Muerte did give the hive a look around. Aprife lived here too, and he was willing to accept that the yellowblood might've shown up without him noticing.

Still, aside from the faint ruffling of feathers and chirping from up above, there were no voices, no indication of another troll being there.

"No, I believe we're the only ones here. Although the wrigglers in this swamp fancy breaking into my hive." He scowled, the sounds of dishes clattering around as he pulled out two tiny ornate plates with matching mugs. "So unless the vermin got in again, we ought to be alone in our conversation."

He paused.

"I also provide psychiatric evaluations." He raised an eyebrow at her. Whether that was meant to be a jab or a joke was hard to tell with someone like Muerte.

saihen

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces