[PRP] doppelganger (Oliver & Shun) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:54 pm
    Oliver had a lot of questions about a lot of things, namely the weird-a** eye that he had received from his brother (of all people). His vision was sharp as he cradled the dulled out eye in his pocket, and he was watching people pass by as he loitered outside of the Ashdown police department. Honestly, it probably wasn't the best way to go about things (he didn't want to be super suspicious, but) he had been referred a few times to the Chief of police, and he thought it might be time to peek in for an introduction. Maybe. It was a little nerve wracking.

Hence why he was standing around outside instead.

At least it looked like some of the office workers and other employees were leaving for the day (or maybe a shift change, he wasn't sure how all of this worked). Maybe he could catch him then? He shifted around, realizing he had no idea what this man even really looked like. Ugh, just go for someone who looked vaguely important and cool Oliver, it's not that hard.

"Excuse me?" He went for the guy with the mucked up looking face and the tight bun in his hair. Someone of his stature made sense, right?

Blade_Kuroda
I HOPE THIS IS OK! I took some liberties/figured this would be after his stay in the hospital

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:19 pm
It was back to the grind for Shun. He had taken some time off, having needed to be in the hospital for a short while, but he wasn't one who liked to be out of things for too long. His injury didn't keep him from doing certain types of work anyway, though the pain in his eye was still present for the most part. Pain wasn't really something that he couldn't handle. It was the little things that bothered him more.

He was going to need to retrain himself in some ways.

At least now that he wasn't in the hospital, he could work on healing the injury a little more quickly. He wouldn't be able to regenerate his eye, but he could keep that area from being a sore spot as long as it might have otherwise.

A bandage patch was still in place over his left eye.

Turning as someone addressed him. Someone who looked a lot like Shiloh. Only he didn't have the whole plant thing going on.

"Shiloh?" he started, but paused. He recalled seeing an identical boy with Shiloh once before, "No. His brother. Right?"

Unless there was more fetch s**t going on. But he was pretty sure this wasn't a fetch.

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:39 pm
    Why the ******** did everyone in this town know Shiloh? And why did they constantly mistake Oliver for him? Actually that was an easy answer—twins, duh, ok moving right along—but why did everyone know Shiloh. Actually this made sense in a twisted, unfortunate sort of way. He amended that statement; why did this police man know Shiloh? What had he done?

His anxiety was slipping away from him, but he shook it away. At least the man caught himself and corrected it. "Yes, his brother."

He cleared his throat, "It's Oliver. Beaumont." He held his hand out for a shake, "I hope this isn't a bad time?" His eyes immediately went to the bandage on Shun's eye. "But I had some questions that aren't... really well suited for the public." His eyes looked around, shifty, nervous, "Um, you know," his voice got really low, "Magic."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Oliver. Good to know. He supposed it was a good thing Shiloh had the whole plant thing going on with him now. He wasn't so familiar with the boy that he'd be able to easily tell him from a twin apart otherwise.

"Detective Lt Shun Kuroda," he greeted while giving Oliver a firm and brief shake of the hand. He had to wonder what it was that brought him to the station. It didn't quite seem like he had been searching for any one person in particular else he would have asked off the bat. The fact that he seemed to be getting a little nervous only

And then there it was. Magic. His good eye narrowed a bit, as he now wondered if this had something to do with Shiloh in some way.

"I may be able to answer your questions. We can speak in my office."

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:45 pm
    "I appreciate it." He seemed to relax at the hand shake; this wasn't the guy he had initially set out for, but it would work regardless. Kuroda was a name that had come up before in his conversations with Shiloh as well; mostly he was glad for physical contact that didn't end in that new... weird... pack touchy thing.

"Actually, I think I've seen you before..." It made sense with him being a detective and on the force, right? Except then it dawned on him that he had seen Shun back in the eighties. Suddenly he felt really stupid for saying what he had. "I uh. I'll explain that inside."

He stepped aside to let Shun lead the way. He didn't feel super great bothering authorities (especially when they were just on their way out), but he wasn't planning on keeping him too long. A few questions about all-seeing (that Shiloh had conveniently decided to leave out) and maybe some inquiries about the events in the void... mostly he wanted to expand his people database, get some new names up in the registry, other magic users that he could call on in a pinch.

He wasn't about to let this s**t catch him by the wayside again, not after the weird moonwalker s**t that came out of the goddamn blue uninvited.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:08 pm
Shun tilted his head at the comment, but didn't think anything of it right now. There were numerous ways where he could have been spotted prior. With a nod, he turned to start heading over to his office, which had once been Jeremiah's in the past.

"Go ahead and close the door behind you," he stated while he made his way around the desk, "And have a seat."

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:19 am
    Oliver did what he was told, shut the door, took a seat. He plucked the glass eye from all-seeing out of his pocket, though he kept it clamped down in his hand. "What I said before, I meant I saw you from another time. I recognize your face now." He shifted in the seat. "You were there, right? At the void? My brother and I saw you back in the eighties." He hadn't conversed much with the Shun of that time, and he was sure Shun had probably already heard about this from other people, but Oliver knew he'd be curious about othertime-doppelgangers.

Especially since he didn't have one, despite the Shiloh of that time reacting as violently as he had. What was up with that? He supposed he'd never know, now.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:55 am
At the mention of the void, and another time, Shun lifted his head. Yes, that was right. The boy was there with Shiloh during that whole experience.

"Ah. Right. The time where I apparently had a buzz cut," he deadpanned. Shiloh had informed him of that, and it was quite literally all he knew of that version of him.

He shook his head and seated himself across from Oliver.

"Anyway, what brings you here exactly?"

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:03 am
    He nodded, "You were a bouncer at the bar. With the NYPD I guess?" He scratched the back of his head, "I didn't talk with you much? I got a nasty gash on my forehead and you seemed pretty chill about uh, letting me know where the first aid kit was." That had been the extent of their conversation at the time, anyway. A grimace and a nod towards the bathrooms in the back.

"Anyway, that's neither here nor there." He produced the eye for Shun to see, setting it on the table (and steadying it so it wouldn't roll away). He hadn't know much about magic—still didn't—but as far as he had been aware, it was just... a thing. A dangerous thing sometimes, but mostly (if not completely) contained and tethered to the Otherworld. Sure, magic could be preformed here now, but.

"If you know anything about the incident that involved this..." He was still staring at the eye, "My brother was... rather vague." Finally, he looked up at Shun, "Does... this sort of thing happen often?" He was starting to realize he might have been underestimating this whole magic bullshit, and it didn't sit well with him at all.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:09 am
"You were in New York...?" he asked, furrowing his brow lightly. The bouncer bit was interesting, but what had caught his attention more was that he apparently was still on the NYPD force there.

There were times where Shun wished he could have remained in the city. Ashdown never did feel like home before all the changes, and it certainly didn't now either. It probably never will.

Looking down to see what Oliver was placing onto the desk, his finger twitched a bit at the sight of the eyeball there.

"Yes. I was there," he answered dryly, "If you are talking about other creatures going on rampage, no. That is not very common at all as far as I am aware."

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:25 am
    "I see..." This information calmed him a little bit, but he still found himself nervously playing with his jacket sleeve. The slow moonwalker transformation, the new state of their world... He sighed. "I guess it's a relief it's not common, but if it hadn't happened in the old world... and it's starting to now..."

He continued to trail off in thought, hand at his chin thoughtfully. "Hopefully it doesn't mark things to come." He shouldn't have said it really—they were both thinking it he was sure—but the comment slipped out anyway.

"I guess that answers my question though." He leaned back against his chair, leaned down and slumped slightly. "Going back a little though, yeah, we were in New York. It was... really bizarre. Why, weren't you?" He hadn't been aware of what had happened to the others after all. Hell, his entrance onto the scene ended as quickly as he had arrived, jumping into the void right after Shiloh.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:32 am
"Things like that should not become more commonplace now either. Hopefully, anyway. The public really does not need more reasons to fear magic than it already does," he sighed, "But magic, as a whole, is a bit more common in the world now than it used to be. Prior to the changes we made, it was only centered within Ashdown."

Shun shook his head at the question about New York.

"No. I was in Ashdown, in 1969. Or rather a version of Ashdown at that time."

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:38 am
    "The sixties, huh?" Oliver knew as much about the old world as Shun had just said; Jamie did well to fill him in on events before the void, since he had just come back to Ashdown in time to witness that whole debacle. People knowing about magic in this world bothered him though; he wished it was all or nothing, like it had been before or like it had been in their trip to New York.

"How weird was that?" He asked out of genuine curiosity this time, rather than trying with a motive. His hand scooped the eye back up again, his own vision sharpening rapidly (it was a little disorientating). "I mean, where we went magic was everywhere. Everyone could use magic. Everything was shaped around it. It made everything pretty bizzare..."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:50 am
"As far as how common magic was, it was not too different from our old world. A number of people were different ages however."

Shun folded his arms over his chest. There had been magic in New York where Oliver and Shiloh had gone?

"I had heard that a long time ago, the world had been like that. But then something happened that caused a few individuals to try and take action, which created the 'cage'. I wonder if that was the world you got a glimpse into."

Melancholies

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:12 am
    Oliver hmm'd. "Shiloh would probably know more about that. The cage stuff, I mean. I'm still getting my bearings." The eye found its way back to his pocket. "But it's definitely possible. People used it for everyday mundane stuff; holding their newspaper up without their hands, stuff like that..."

He shuffled. "Are you acquainted with Liam and Renard? I don't know much about them, but their names seem to carry weight here. They were there too—younger, but definitely there." He continued to think, "Apparently they housed the then-versions of my brother and his friend Jamie. It was strange meeting them too..."

"But, if that's the case, then why was your world so different? I mean, the eighties came after the sixties, so you'd think it'd... be the same, or at least a progression, or something." He clicked his tongue, "Unless it was a different cycle I guess, since those are a thing."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces