Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] the rules for lovers (algie & jeremiah) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:16 pm
another year older

With everything that was going on, the reports and the workload, Jeremiah hadn't even realized the day (he still sometimes felt like it was supposed to be December, not January, because of the time they lost). Not even when people had giggled about it being Friday the Thirteenth had he really clicked. It wasn't like he actively did anything on his birthday, it was always a quiet affair, and Algie and himself hadn't even been together yet the previous year.

Perhaps he should realized that he was getting especially strange looks from people at the department - they were surprised he was even in - but he brushed it off as normal. Eventually, however, he was heading home and grateful to be there. Keys were deposited in their usual spot, his shoes toed off, and jacket tossed onto its chair.

"Alg," he called out, "I'm home!" His shoulders rolled, trying to ease the ache between them and the chill that had picked up during the day from the absence of being around his husband.

Quote:
what. with everything going on you think he was going to remember his birthday?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:26 pm
frozen

It was, by the time Jeremiah got home, much later than he should have been. Mostly because he had gone in on Saturday to handle a few things and it was supposed to be just a few things. Not something that turned into him having to handle fallout from an otherbeing manifesting in Ashdown.

He had texted Algie, let him know, and had snorted when he had gotten a message back to the tune of don't die followed by another message of if you didn't want to cook tonight, you could've just said so.

There was an ache in his back, almost as if he was disconnected from it, that would not stop. What was worse was that for all that his clothing looked roughed up and torn, he was perfectly fine. The disconcerting thing had been what he had noticed along his neck and a few other spots: scales like ice that seemed to match the frozen way he felt.

It was an entirely different kind of cold and it was, in all honesty, helped by the nature of the visions he had been plagued with while fighting that thing. His jacket was slid off slowly, a quiet hiss of breath escaping from pain and realizing that he really, really needed to get it dry cleaned. At least he could mend his clothing.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:40 pm
re: the court

Jeremiah did not rush, not as he normally did, and was waiting for Algie to come home before he really started talking about everything he had discovered through the day. His notebook, no longer blank, set on the counter and he was going through the motions of cooking dinner.

Though that was not entirely accurate. The silver-haired man had found his passion again when it came to cooking, the familiarity of it comforting in the face of so many things that were not. Yet it just made him think of all the other things that had changed. That this was far worse than coming back from his trials, that-

He pushed it away for the time being, eyes glancing to the clock and then moving to go get drinks ready for Algie. Since he was due home and it had almost become something of a ceremony that whomever was home first would have drinks ready for them both to share.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:21 pm
another year older

The house smelled like cooking and seemed maybe a tad warmer than it usually was but that was simply a byproduct of Algie whether he knew it or not. He appeared with his sleeves rolled up and glasses down his nose like he'd been reading which meant a recipe was involved.

Jeremiah got a smile and with reaching hands he waggled his fingers for the other man's so he could warm him up, "Welcome home love."

He lifted on his toes to kiss him, "Happy Birthday old man." When he's your husband, you're allowed.  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:24 pm
frozen

Despite the casual dismissal of 'monster in the famer's market' Alg was worried because he always would be. At the sound of the door he appeared, brow furrowed and rumped in his weekend clothes which meant he'd dozed off while he was waiting.

The professor was right there with him in a moment, "Christ you're cold.." Colder than usual, because he could feel it in the air.

"Here let me help.." He was assisting with the jacket and any other disrobing that needed to happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Algie had to admit that he'd missed the regular smell of food cooking. It wasn't a disappointment in his husband. Any day he came home and there was no food smell it was simply a reminder of things that had been taken from them. To have it back meant alot.

Alg sniffed when the door opened, "Jer? Home, love. Smells good.."

Scarf unwound, bag unslung, shoes toed off.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:28 pm
another year older

A warm house and cooking smells was definitely something that Jeremiah liked coming home too. He went easily into Algie's waggling fingers, leaning gratefully into warmth that spread from the smallest touch (though proximity was just as good, this was the best).

Any response was delayed by him blinking about, returning the kiss and then huffing at himself. "... with everything going on, I forgot that it was my birthday." Which was entirely unlike him but there was so much going on.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:50 pm
frozen

Out of his jacket pocket tumbled an eye, one with an odd opalescent pupil and was now as if it was made out of glass. Jeremiah had forgotten about it, watching it and rubbing a hand across his face once the jacket was off of him.

"Thanks, precious ..." Blood was flecked everywhere on his clothing. "It was more than a bit of a fight." Still, he was cold - colder than normal - and without the collar of his jacket to hide it, it was easy to see what looked like icy scales creeping up along his neck and a couple peeking out from his shirt sleeve.

His fingers curled into Algie's sleep-rumpled shirt, wanting to soak up the warmth of the other.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Jeremiah appeared in the hallway, wiping his hands on a towel and tossing it back towards the kitchen counter before walking closer. "Mm, well I haven't made chicken parmesan in a while ..." His hands reached Algie first, fingers curling in fabric, and he leaned to kiss him.

"Welcome home, precious."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:18 pm
another year older

"And I did not.." Because it was his job not to. He'd never forget Jeremiah's birthday. Even years and oceans apart he'd always called and sent something to arrive on the day at great expense.

Always worth it.

"But it may not be as huge of a gift giving year-" What with everything going on. "But I've put some things together for you."

Alg was walking him to the living room, keeping him away from the kitchen for the time being.  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:39 pm
frozen

"Trinket for the road?" Alg couldn't help but see the eye. It seemed to be glass, like a large fancy marble, and made an audible noise when it hit the floor and rolled against his shoe. Alg leaned to pick it up, the cool glass warming in his hand but feeling distinctly magical.

Which is of course when he saw the scaled, icy sheen on Jeremiah's skin.

"You're frozen. Literally I think.." Alg seemed worried, the glass eye set down on a table before his hands were curling around his husband's neck. "You've got... actual ice on your skin Jer.. Or something like it."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:42 pm

Alg kissed him gratefully, lifting lightly off the floor for the kiss without much thinking about it. He had been using his magic readily on the other side and his body seemed tuned for it at the moment. Unfortunately with the state of the world he needed to work on that a bit.

"Well I'm starving," his stomach growled as if on cue, "and I've come from the other side." Which meant he hadn't even been snacking.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:29 pm
another year older

"... because you are wonderful." An obvious answer as to why Algie did not forget. Jeremiah leaned to press a kiss to his husband's silvering hair. "Besides, I think whatever you've put together in the kitchen is more than good enough."

Though they were not heading that direction which got a raise of an eyebrow as his arm slid around Algie's waist.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:50 pm
frozen

"Something like that." Jeremiah was not entirely sure why he had picked it up other than it had rolled against his foot. He was frowning as Algie's hands touched his skin, though the warmth felt good and he sagged into him lightly.

"I thought so," he said quietly, "as I couldn't quite get a good look at it and didn't want to while I was still out." It had been why his jacket collar had been popped upwards. "Can't seem to get it to fade either ..." A breath was released. "... but I am also certain that it's why I am unhurt. I should've been injured but I wasn't." Should've been because he had felt the blow and knew it to be possibly more than his defensive ability could deflect.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:56 pm

"I was there too," Jeremiah replied, smiling and tugging Algie with him towards the living room. They could curl up on the couch and eat tonight, it would not be a big deal. "At the beach. Ran into someone."

There was something about the way he had said someone. "Just practicing chatting up the shadows?" he asked Algie with an amused smile, seating him on the couch with a soft kiss while he let go to get their plates.

iloveyouDIE

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces