azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:43 pm
Jeremiah doesn't need a hand on Shun to bring him with, just proximity. Once it was clear that there's a moment to get him to the hospital, he takes the younger detective there immediately. It's somewhere to the side but he's already holding the door open and ushering him inside.

"Need some help here!" he calls out. It is not a voice that is loud or yelling, but calm, efficient and commanding. Jeremiah turned back towards Shun, still not noticing the icy scales that have crept up above his collar, and inclines his head.

"I'll be back after I deal with some of the clean-up." Another nod given, Jeremiah heads back through the door and is gone.

... because there was obviously things to talk about but first work and Shun being seen by professionals as soon as possible.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:29 pm
It was the first time Shun had teleported with Jeremiah. He had expected a need to make contact, as that was how his own ability worked, but that apparently was not the case. It was a little jarring.

Turning towards the older man, he noticed the bits of ice creeping up the neck. He didn't get much of a chance to mention anything as the Chief of Police was gone to handle the mess that incident no doubt left behind.

Personally he was not looking forward to the cleanup.

Any of it.

The medical professionals came rushing over to meet him, and off he went to get treatment.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:10 pm
Jeremiah's ability worked with proximity, just simply needing someone within a foot of him (though if he was not familiar with someone, contact was for the best). He did not reappear for a while, there was a lot to deal with, and by the time he did Shun had apparently already been taken to a private room.

There was a knock on the door, the Chief of Police opening up the door. He had, apparently, noticed the ice on his neck because the collar of his long coat was turned upwards.

"Kuroda?" he called out as he stepped inside. Last names for the moment because, technically, this was work (even if it had crossed the line to the things they dealt with on the other side).

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:19 am
Shun was more or less brooding in his hospital room while he waited. For the time being, he was at least not in as much pain, thanks to the anesthetics that were given to him while the doctors treated his eye. He didn't bother trying to meditate in the time being. For one, it probably wouldn't regenerate his eye. The other thing was that he didn't want to take any risks here. He wanted no questions.

When he heard the knock upon the door, he looked to the side, seeing Jeremiah return.

"Mercer," he grunted, "How bad is it out there?"

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:07 pm
Jeremiah closed the door behind him, walking to a rolling chair in the room and sitting on it.

"Bad," he replied, fingers raking through his hair. "There are more statements to be taken but too many people are involved and this isn't like what happened last May." Blackfriars, when they had been able to spin thing with the assistance of others and the closed nature of it and that people did not, ultimately, believe in magic.

This was entirely different.

"Between casualties and what people have seen ..." This was a mess and a mess he was going to have to deal with.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:24 pm
Shun figured as such, but it still wasn't good to hear the confirmation.

"Do we have numbers on the casualties?"

In all of the chaos, and with how big All Seeing was, it was hard for him to gauge how many were getting hurt or killed before most people managed to get away from the area. He had tried to ensure some people could get away, but he knew there was no way he could have stopped all of it from happening.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:44 pm
"Two deaths," Jeremiah replied, pulling out his notebook from his jacket, the icy scales that were on his neck were visible once more. "The person that was initially attacked and their eye taken and an elderly individual who had a heart attack. Multiple casualties, of which you're included, and some of it because of the chaos of the situation."

A page was flipped as he read through his notes, light reflecting in his eyes. "Twenty people all together." He paused. "Twenty-one with yourself included. This could have been much worse given what we've experienced but at the same time it's a worst case scenario."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:56 pm
A low grumble escaped him. Yes, he would be counted in the casualties. As much as the idea bothered him. That b*****d of an otherbeing had ripped his left eye out. The thought made him realize that his left eye was probably on the ground somewhere given that All Seeing had melted away. It wasn't a pleasant thought.

"Damn..." he sighed. That wasn't a good number. His voice lowered as he added, "That number probably would have been lower if I had tapped into my abilities."

It would have drained him. It would have outed him as being magical, but he could have shadowstepped a few people out of All Seeing's reach.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:47 pm
There, in Jeremiah's pocket, was an eye from All-Seeing but it was likely to be put away with other things he had found over the past year that were tied to other ashdown and it's magic.

"It's better that you didn't, Shun," he said in a tired voice. "It's bad enough that some saw that thing come from Miss Craft. My own use of magic is expected, people know," because he often, when it came up, stepped in to handle things, "but I don't necessarily recommend the scrutiny on yourself. Not right now and especially given you were seen with her prior. You're going to have to give a statement as it stands."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:59 pm
A slow, drawn out sigh escaped him. Yes, using magic openly would only cause more trouble in the end, he supposed. Jeremiah also did bring up another point.

"One hell of a mess...Speaking of Chel though... did you manage to see her when you went back out there?"

There probably hadn't been enough time for people to swarm her but he was trying to get a feel for the situation as a whole. On all fronts.

Azuredream

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:46 am
"No," the expression on his face implied he did not like that he didn't, "but I also told Jack to get her out of there." Jeremiah smoothed a hand across his face, noticing the blood on his sleeve with a sigh.

With the views on misuse of magic and what happened to those who caused harm with it, he was not entirely sure he wanted her to be found. Not when she had no control over what happened.

"This is as close to a worst case scenario as we can get."

Blade Kuroda
yay they're fixed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:13 am
"No s**t. We may need to keep an eye on Chel for awhile, if she is still around," he mumbled. There was no telling what people might try to do to someone they perceived to be a threat.

"A few of the others may be outed as well," he added. A few of the others who combated All Seeing weren't quite as discrete with their use of magic. While he didn't see who had caused it, he did recall at least one minor explosion going off.

"Do you need to take my statement now?"

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:00 pm
"She'll need to be kept safe, that's for sure. I don't want to see her injured." Jeremiah was not entirely pleased with the scenarios his mind was working through. It wasn't the idea of paperwork or what he would have to do but what would happen to others.

A hand smoothed across his face as the mention of others. "... yes, there were others that were there and I am only hoping that, perhaps, it will be waved off but I don't know that we'll be that fortunate. I feel like I may need to go speak with certain individuals and have a conversation about be discrete. Yet in that kind of situation?" His shoulders shrugged, as if it would have been hard to do so. Shun had managed but only because he was naturally able to handle things, even without magic.

"I can take a partial statement now but a full one will be needed later."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:20 pm
Shun slowly nodded, then lightly rubbed the right side of his face. He suspected things would be tense in Ashdown for awhile.

"It started pretty suddenly. While browsing the wares at the farmer's market, I heard some screams of terror. Then there it was, All-Seeing, having appeared to spawn out of nowhere. It picked up a civilian and ripped out one of his eyes," like what it did to him, "Chel was on the ground nearby, seeming to either be unconscious or dead. Jack was trying to get her away. It was about then that I contacted you before moving to engage the creature."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:31 pm
Jeremiah was already writing things down in his notebook. Unlike before, where he would have had to take the time to write neatly, he was able to write legibly and neatly quickly as Shun spoke. It was not something he had been able to do months ago.

"It was tethered to her, wasn't it?" There had been a blood trail that lead from All-Seeing to Chel. With his pen set down it was obviously something he was not adding into his notes.

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces