Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:58 pm
another meeting

"So far as Fell was able to tell me," Jeremiah said to Shiloh, shoulders rolling and looking up into the strangely serene sky of other ashdown, "Court is quiet. Which I suppose is better than it not being quiet but it's still unsettling."

Quiet always seemed to come before something happened.

"Though apparently there is something making a nuisance of itself around here but I've yet to find it." The way he said nuisance implied that it was likely far, far more than that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:04 pm
hellion

Jeremiah has taken to speaking more frequently with Shiloh. It corresponds with his talks with Alg frequently, especially when they discuss the Court. Except this time at the Mercer home and he is definitely supplying shakes.

The best kind of shakes. (As best kind, in this instance, is Shiloh's favorite.)

Except that before he say something else, a window in the kitchen is being nudged inwards and a small feline with a flowery mohawk is making his appearance.

Jeremiah just stares and Hellbine froze, clearly caught.

Melancholies
there may be more later, but, uh, here you go XD <3

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:48 am
    Another meeting

"Beel said the same." Shiloh nudged at a patch of grass on the ground that poked through the sidewalk. It twitched before blooming into a very poofy looking dandelion, "When I went to talk to him, I mean. I met another Noble too." Pause, "Dunno how I feel about it though."

He shrugged it off. "Whatcha mean though? I'm kinda sick of Otherworld s**t." Though he said it with a certain nonchalance; he obviously wouldn't back down if there was something serious going on.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:16 am
    hellion

Something seemed decidedly off about Shiloh Beaumont. He dragged like he'd just woken up and his face was cloudy with pensive thought. Shiloh was living action, not thought.

Still, he had shown up and given face level pleasantries. The shakes were met with much more vigor at least, as anything chocolate was enough to cheer him up. When Hell one appeared, he also froze, momentarily snapped out of his doldrums.

"Does... does your cat have flowers, Mercer?"

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:30 pm
another meeting

Jeremiah's head tilted towards Shiloh, an eyebrow raised. "Another noble? Who was it?" Though from the way he said it, it was likely one he had not expected and that really only left one that he was aware of.

His eyes, in other ashdown, seemed to be more reflective and glow without him realizing it (even without it being dark). "There was an otherbeing that came to see Fell not that long after we got back. Something has been destroying bits of the park and other places. I've gone looking where they said it was but haven't found anything yet. Nor did the thing have any comment about what it was that caused the destruction."

There might have been a roll of his eyes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:34 pm
hellion

Jeremiah was contemplating bringing out the good stuff. Which was to say he had a layered chocolate brownie that was made the previous evening and if Shiloh didn't perk up from the shake, that would probably help.

That and he knew everything came in time. Whatever it was that had the young man looking as he did would be spoken of.

... after he went over to his cat and plucked him up. "He does," Jeremiah replied, tapping Hellbine on the nose and closing the window. "His name is Hellbine." There's a pause, then a huff. "So named because of what grows on him and because he can grow it, among other things."

The small white cat is squirming in Jeremiah's arms and eventually he just set him down. Once freed, he made a beeline straight to seat next to Shiloh (because visitors were safety from being in trouble with his people dad).

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:03 am
    Another meeting

"Their name was Alexis." He shrugged, "I had no idea Alois took a tithe either." At least he didn't seem so downtrodden or upset about this like he had been with Thorne. Still, someone roughly his age--that didn't sit right with him.

"That's weird though. Beel didn't mention anything like that." But well, Beel was Beel, "Wonder what it could've been..."

And then he laughed, "At least it seems like a good job for you, Detective Mercer."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:30 pm
    hellion

"Hellbine huh?" He watched as the cat shot straight for him, providing ample asylum with a gentle scratch along the spine (he would have gone for the head, but he felt bad disturbing the flowers). "So he's... kinda like me." It made him smile.

"I've never heard of magic cats." But then again, Jamie had demon fish, "That's... really cool though? I wonder if I could get Junior to do crazy magic turtle s**t." He perked up considerably from whatever was plaguing his thoughts before.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:17 pm
bakeding

Valentines was not that far away. Even Jeremiah was having his moments of realizing he was going to be able to spend it, for once, with the man he had loved since he was a teenger. Perhaps he should have expected that he might have been asked but there was a little surprise (it had been years since he had done the same with Zac at this point) when Shiloh had asked him for some guidance on baking something for Jamie.

"I've got ingredients for just about anything," he said to the young man. "Was there something you had in mind?" He was going through the cabinets, pulling things out that were just basics. Hellbine was already sitting at Shiloh's feet and waiting to be picked up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:28 pm
another meeting

Jeremiah's fingers twitched. Not at the mention of Alexis but at the mention of Alois. "I was aware of Tucker but I wasn't certain that Alois was their patron." A hand raked through his hair and he, more so than Shiloh, seemed bother by it.

"Who knew that I'd become Chief of Police and still have to handle regular detective work," he said dryly after Shiloh was done laughing. "... but I am looking into it. I don't want to see either side suffer at this point."  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:10 pm
hellion

"Hellbine is an othercat," Jeremiah replied, rolling his eyes at the small cat who was stretching out under Shiloh's fingers and then pawing at him. Yes, obviously, he wanted up. Please to be holding him.

"I don't know about turtles but both felines and avians seem to adapt to the magic of the other side? Dogs can't even sense it, so far as I'm aware, at least ones that aren't potentially warg familiars." He was honestly thinking about this now, trying to think of other situations. "Hellbine's a bit different, though, than some othercats." His lips twitched, his expression a little sad and somber. "Heliodora called him my familiar once and his people dad."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:43 pm
    bakeking

"I mean, chocolate is the standard right?" Except rather than browsing through ingredients and trying to formulate a plan (despite being the one who asked) he was all too busy cuddling Hellbine in his arms. Plantbros who ride together die together, it seemed.

"But uh, brownies might be easier. I think he'd like those." He said with a definitive nod. "Or snickerdoodles? Those sound really cute..." Whether or not Jamie would like them was apparently not the deciding factor with cookies, but rather how endearing the name happened to be.

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:46 pm
    another meeting

"S'what they told me." He folded his arms as he rocked back and forth on his feet. "I haven't seen him around though. Dunno what he's doing. Dunno why he took them either." Or why any of them took tithes. He'd been more than bothered by it, but in the same breath he was considering the idea of tithing someone when before he had refused it outright.

"But yeah, guess you can't escape it huh?" He winked despite the nervous energy he had, "Good for you for being the peacekeeper, I guess. Then again... I guess that's what Noble's are supposed to be for?" He wrinkled his nose, "Maybe? I dunno how often the other patron's really did anything." Ezra maybe, Aodelle he could've pegged for a bleeding heart. Melany? Not so much, not without something worth her time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:50 pm
    hellion

"Othercat huh? Well, Jamie sort've has otherfish now..." He immediately reached into his phone to produced pictures, because he was proud of them like they were his own sons and daughters or something. Plus, he could show off Junior too. "At least, they're super freaky."

After a bit of fumbling he got his phone secured, flipping through his gallery to the aforementioned pictures. He showed them off with a weird tired-but-energized sort of vigor, "See?" His other hand went to scooping Hellbine up into his lap. Whatever mood had been plaguing him was steadily lifting with the help of chocolate, cats and fish.

"They weren't like this before the void, though, so it's kinda weird about cats..." he frowned at the mention of Heliodora. "Oh um, speaking of the new world, I kinda found something out..." though the way he trailed off made it seem like he didn't want to say it.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:11 pm
bakeding

"Chocolate is fairly standard, yes." Rolling his eyes at Hellbine (who was purring contentedly and very much pleased with his current place in life), he pulled out a baking pan. "Brownies are easy to make, though ..." There was a bit of an amused smirk. "There is such a thing as snickerdoodle blondies? They're brownies but taste like snickerdoodles."

The look on his face was mostly because of being amused at the number of times he said snickerdoodle.  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff