azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:25 pm
"Alg! Hold up!" A not familiar voice when a faded accent called out from down the hall. The professor would see a red-headed man waving an arm at him, dressed warmly and comfortably, and walking at a brisk pace to catch up.

"Just the man I was looking for," he said with a pleasant smile, pulling his glasses off and cleaning them before they were slid back on. His red hair was peppered with white but he had aged well with a few wrinkles and obvious crows feet at the corners of his pale blue eyes. He was only a couple inches shorter than Alg.

iloveyouDIE
i lied, i left u a borr and killian elsewhere and u get this

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:24 am
Alg paused at being called, though not many called him 'Alg' besides friends. The voice wasn't immediately familiar but when he turned he recognized the red headed man as Borr's husband.

He hadn't been his husband before the world reset, but he had been present. Alg knew well enough through a little effort, some reading, and a few videos that were saved that he and Jeremiah were much closer with Borr and his spouse in this iteration of the universe and Killian, that was his name, was actually both a coworker and a friend.

That meant about jack s**t when it came to familiarities and small talk.

"What did I do this time?" Alg lifted his brows, trying to play casual and familiar even though he was feeling some mild level of anxiety over this.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:27 pm
"Beyond that you haven't been by Darlene's this week with Jeremiah? Nothing really." Killian shook his head, mostly because it was entirely too often that Algie opened with that comment.

"Actually, remember that copy of my manuscript I gave you?" He was writing another book, one that was about beer and history and all those good things. "Don't suppose you've still got it in your office? Save me the time of printing up a new one. Junior ate the other one I had that was just as fancy." The look on his face was both fond and exasperated because dogs.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:23 pm
"Ah-" Alg smiled a bit and scratched at his head, "It was just a crazy week. I get my anti-social moments.."

Which wasn't entirely a lie and if the other Alg was like him was probably a very reasonable explanation.

"OH ah-" Manuscript in his office. Right. Of course. Something he had no idea about, "I don't remember if I took it home but we can check.." He motioned down the hall towards the office.

"You know this wouldn't happen if you gave up on dogs and got cats instead.." Even if he was faking the familiarity, Kil seemed (so far) easy to get along with and if he was writing manuscripts than perhaps soon the friendship wouldn't be entirely false.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:28 pm
"Mm, I know. Especially with the hols, I know Jeremiah and you are likely just wanting to hole up and have some quiet time." Killian fell into step next to Algie, fingers raking through curls and then holding onto his satchel strap.

"If it's not in your office, just bring it tomorrow. It isn't like I need it immediately and I know you said you were putting a few notes in ..." Mostly because they had gotten started about some of the short narratives that were in there. Algie was given a look at the mention of cats.

"We've been over this, Alg, your cats are not cats and do not count."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:02 pm
If it was in the office he knew that he hadn't read it. Not him which meant he felt an obligation to.

"You don't mind if I keep it another day? I'd like to give it a once over again.." At least he could feel included and the next time they spoke he could feel like he knew what they were talking about. Still he led to the office door, unlocked it and let them in.

The office was bigger than the one Alg had before the world changed. There were windows, bookshelves, and the walls were covered in photos of him and his family and his degrees in frames. There was notably a wedding photo, a photo of his parents (before Lucille's death) and a pair of photos where he apparently met George RR Martin and Steven King.

"Let me just grab it.. and I'll take it home for a last go over."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:26 pm
Tenure was a beautiful thing.

"Sure, that's not a problem." Killian followed him in, seemingly at ease with the office and everything (because he was, because this wasn't new, because he probably had been in here more times that he wanted to count).

"Though I'm not in tomorrow but you could bring it by the bar?" Sometimes he still had trouble calling the place Darlene's and he would, without thought, spin the wedding band on his finger. There were two there, one his own and the other Darlene's. "There's a new brew I'm sure you and Jeremiah would love to try."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:56 am
"Of course," Alg moved around the desk leaning to the bottom drawer and surprisingly was correct. The manuscript was there, on top, with notes but Alg wanted to give it another go over anyway.

"Here goes.." It was put into his bag (the drawer given a flip through for anything else interesting but only found a stash of oreos, "Oreo?"

He adjusted the bag on his shoulder again, "I'm sure I can wrangle Jeremiah for a pint. You know we can't pass up a new beer."

Alg was a traditionalist but strangely with Borr and Killian and Darlene passed, he didn't find the arrangement strange. All he could think was how hard it must be to lose a spouse but that it was good that the two men still had one another... and Borr happy with his husband was certainly better than the slightly sad barkeep they knew before the world reset.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:08 pm
Killian's fingers wiggled, obviously completely willing to have an oreo. "You were rather thorough with the last one you read through and it saves me a bit of trouble with my publishers, so I don't mind the wait." That got a bit of a sheepish look but the older man did appreciate having Algie's help. It was why he was both thanked and given credit for his assistance.

"Wrangling your husband is a full time job, I'm sure. You two have been busier than ever, especially when he took over as Chief of Police earlier in the year." Algie was given a wink a moment later and the expression on his face was likely one that had been seen on Borr before. "You didn't hear this but we may have finally gotten that brew to commemorate that."

... because that was what they did. They made beers for special occasions.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:53 pm
Alg offered the sleeve of oreos for the other man o take as many as he wanted. Somehow he could lready feel that they were friends even though it was odd and unknown. Perhaps Killian was just easy to know.

"Oh please tell me you named it some brilliant cop pun that he'll be ashamed to laugh at.." the oreos then resumed their place in the bottom drawer before it was closed.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:25 pm
"I admit to nothing," Killian replied, taking an oreo. He would actually peel the cream off of the cookie and eat that before he ate the cookie parts.

"... but it might be and Borr's quite proud of it," he said with another laugh and a smile. "Not as good as when you got your tenure but still pretty good."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:26 pm
"That was a good one.." Only because Jeremiah and he had discovered a line up of empty bottles decorating the top of a cabinet. Once it examined it was a collection of special bottles that it looked like Borr and Kil had brewed for one occasion or other. Several weddings (not just their own), some birthdays and anniversaries of note.

"Well I can't wait.. and it's been too long." He almost wanted to invite the pair for dinner but wouldn't make that arrangement without speaking to Jeremiah first. Especially since the couples friendship with these men was near unknown to the brits at this point.

"I promise this Saturday." He patted the bag, "And I'll have this all ready as well."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:02 pm
Killian smiled and nodded, finishing off the oreos he had pilfered and then stretching his arms. His fingers curled around his satchel bag, adjusting it on his shoulder. "Not too long given the time of year but long enough we were wondering ..."

In his experience, the Mercers had a tendency to disappear around the holiday times and not really resurface until they had passed. Mostly because the season was made for them to have to make more appearances than they probably liked.

"... but I'll tell Borr and he'll hold you to that promise." Kil's eyes glinted behind his glasses, the man smiling widely. "I'll just be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the manuscript." He moved towards the door, waiting by it for Alg.

"Since you've got that and I'm sure you're wanting to head out, I'll walk with you." Killian's voice dropped lower for a moment. "... and we can talk about all the illustrious things people have gotten up to over the hols." Office gossip time.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:20 pm
"Oh good because I heard something about that new psychology professor from their last college-" Alg walked to the door and then out with Kil, turning to lock it up.

Sharing gossip was his favorite thing.

"-and that the student involved just transferred in here too.."

azuredreams
made up gossippppp

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:15 pm
"Professor Gibbens?" Killian raised an eyebrow. "I had heard some rumors about that transfer student but I didn't realize that Gibbens was the-"

He leaned closer to Algie. "That's so scandalous. Do you think it was planned?" For Gibbens to come to the school and the student to follow.

iloveyouDIE
and then a true friendship was born

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas