[PRP] Where to Begin (Algernon & Jamie) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:09 am
Apparently, and a bit unfortunately, Jamie discovered his counterpart hadn't taken a break after graduating high school the way he had. College was real and it was here and he was not prepared for the fact that he'd missed so much on top of having no idea what he'd missed to begin with. Sure, he'd wanted to go back to school at some point, but this was not the way he wanted to do it.

Even in this new world, Jamie felt so very unprepared.

Knocking on Professor Mercer's door, he tried not to feel too awkward. Talking to Alg wasn't the problem, it was the fact that Jamie didn't know what to say or where to begin.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:21 am
Alg had come to learn that not only had he been in Ashdown far longer than the first go-round, but he was tenured at the college and as such his closet of an office was now a much more generously sized one. It looked used and lived in and he recognized wear spots on the desk, places that idle motions of his own may leave lasting impact, discard knick knacks in drawers, spare change, all the signs that told him this was his space.

Without memory of any of it the place still felt odd but he had found his office hours and diligently kept them.

"Come in-" He was spending a lot of time going over the journals of his other self and while the knock wasn't expected, it wasn't exactly odd. That's what he was here for after all.

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:19 pm
Deep breath, Delacroix. It's nothing but your future, no big deal, no need to worry. Though, truth be told, the endless array of magical shenanigans they'd been forced to deal with made him fret more about survival than education ninety-nine-point-nine percent of the time.

"Um, hello," he said quietly as he slipped inside. "Sorry for not getting in touch with you before coming, Pro- er- Algernon." Still trying to get better about that.

"Do you... have some time to talk?"

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:46 am
"Jamie!" It was a bit of arelief to be someone he knew, someone he liked, and not some stranger he'd have to pretend to know.

"Of course, have a seat-" Alg motioned to a beaten looking leather upholstered chair opposite him at the desk. The walls of the office were book shelves, a window behind him, and blank spaces on the walls hung several degrees, several certificate writing awards, and photos of he and his husband as well as him occasionally at a signing or meeting another writer. There was at least one photo with Steven King and another with George R.R. Martin though he wished he actually remembered either of those events. There was also, rather prominently, a wedding photo of he and Jeremiah, their parents and friends all rather typically posed in a line.

"How are you?"

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:20 am
The relief was palpable in Jamie's mannerisms and visible on his face as he shut the door behind him. His shoulders weren't so tense and he walked with the smallest amount of actual confidence in his step. See, it had just been an overreaction on his part. Everything was actually fine.

"I'm pretty good," he sighed out, plopping into the chair. It was well-worn, but that made it comfortable. "Could be worse, probably, but..." As he paused his thought, he looked around at the office he didn't remember, taking in the photos, taking in how much more grandiose it felt. "Mostly it's just that... things are different. I feel like I can't catch up."

He laughed, knowing that if Jer had agreed, Alg probably would, too. "What about you?"

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:42 pm
Alg let out a sigh, not a sad one, but a bit of an overwhelmed on that seemed to deflate him back into his chair until he sagged slightly.

"I feel exactly the same.." The older man scratched his greying temple, "I definitely wish I remembered meeting Steven King.." He laughed a bit, noticing the other looking at the photos, "But me- all versions of me it seems- keep journals. It's very bizarre."

The moment of course came when he realized Jamie was here.. at the college.

"Are you in school now?"

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:37 am
It would be bizarre, Jamie was sure, and he was equally sure he and Shiloh would find things that weren't quite the same when they went through the audio journals they found in this world. Eye opening, maybe, but still bizarre to hear thoughts similar to yours but slightly different.

"It's going to be... an experience," was what he decided to say, "Learning everything and hearing things through 'your own words' that you don't even remember, I mean."

That was part of the reason why he was here, after all.

"I am in school, but I didn't even know it until recently. I guess I... wanted to talk to you about it. I feel totally overwhelmed by everything I was supposed to have already learned and I just," he sighed heavily, "don't even know where to start."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:08 am
"It's stranger when some things are near identical when I wrote or said something the same.." Alg shook his head, "Which I suppose is encouraging.. that I'm not a stranger from myself but yes- bizarre."

School Alg could do. In fact his postrue straightened as if Jamie was finally speaking his language. Maybe Jeremiah was best at magic or the gossip around town but Algie did this. Books, writing, academics.. they were his thing.

"Well I can definitely help with that. Do you have your roster?" He moved some things from the desk to clear space, "And if you think you need some tutoring or something I think we could get together at the bookshop some days.. if it works for you?" Not that he thought Jamie wasn't able, but he didn't know exactly how far behind the other was.

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:10 am
"Oh, um, here." From his bag, Jamie produced a class list five classes long. There were basic English and math reqs and two different sciences. Interestingly enough, there was also a history of Ashdown course listed, which Jamie couldn't help but think might be useful after everything that happened.

"I'm just lucky I used the same password for all my online stuff, apparently," he said with a small sigh. Maybe his previous self wasn't so different, after all. "But, um, I'd really like some tutoring, actually. That would be great. It just feels... not right to give up and drop out now."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:44 pm
"No don't drop out, besides even if you slip a bit in the first semester it's not odd.." Alg didn't exactly have access to Jamie's records, "It may be worth a visit to an advisor though. I can look at that possibly for you."

He wasn't positive what bits of the college computer system he had access to since he hadn't needed it much in that capacity until now.

The professor glanced over the roster, "These english classes aren't mine but I can definitely help you there and they are basic so don't stress about them."

He blinked very green eyes over his glasses, "How are you at math?"

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:06 am
"Math..." Jamie repeated as he pressed his fingers together awkwardly. "Average, I guess. It's not my favorite. I prefer, um, English and science and stuff, but I can do math as long as I practice." That class, quite honestly, was the one that worried him the most. The others he'd take help with regardless, but he'd need it less.

"Oh, um-! C-Could you help me get in touch with my advisor, too? I feel so out of place, I don't even know the best way to do that. I don't even have their email." He looked a little ruffled, but laughed in a good natured way. He was trying. "I could probably just look it up, I guess, but..."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:37 am
Alg, the english professor, obviously wasn't the college's biggest expert on math. He did turn to the computer on his desk though and peer at it a moment while trying to work out the programs.

After a few seconds he was clicking and typing things in from off of Jamie's roster sheet.

"Math I'm not sure I can do much for you but there are tutors that work out of the bookshop. If you come by I'm sure someone can help," Alg glanced over his glasses. "And if you have interest I could probably get you transferred into my own english class.. It would be comperable."

And he'd be forgiving of certain things as he was a bit more informed about the general state of affairs than other professors may be.

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:12 pm
It was possible to switch classes? Jamie sat up straighter in his chair, a light sparking behind his eyes. If that was the case, he already felt better about this whole thing. Tutors at the bookshop, he could do that, and class with a professor who was a friend and not just a teacher made it even more manageable.

"It wouldn't be too much work, would it?" he asked, sounding hopeful. "It would be nice to be in your class instead... At least that way I wouldn't feel so, um, weird about asking for help with stuff I should probably already know."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:35 am
"No," Alg had the savvy with a computer of most middle aged people, in that he peered alot over his glasses and tapped dubiously at things sometimes. His lips often twitched into a frown when he had to click a button too many times. He didn't handle cell phones much better.

"No trouble," Alg glanced at Jamie with a small smile, "I'll just make up a reason. Scheduling or something.."

As he clicked around, he attempted casual chit-chat, finding a notepad and pen in the drawer to jot some things down, "How's everything else? How's Shiloh?"

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:36 am
Through a fortuitous stroke of luck, Jamie had the patience of a saint where older people and technology were concerned. His grandma was the type who barely knew the different between email and the internet, but refused his help on every occasion he tried to give it. After a while, he gave up trying.

Not that he'd make any mention of the delays or the obvious, vaguely frustrated expressions were he not a patient person. It was just something he happened to notice.

"I appreciate it," he said with a small sigh, relief warming his chest. "Everything else is, um, pretty okay, though. I found out I also have a part-time job, I guess. Shiloh and I... we're adjusting. I think we'll be okay."

He hesitated before mentioning, "I do wish that, um, magic was more accepted. This isn't really how I wanted it to be..."

iloveyouDIE

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces