azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:42 pm
The world was different, entirely different. It wasn't even the new year yet, Christmas coming around the corner and everything was different. Though that could've been an exaggeration but there were enough slight differences that some things were disconcerting.

It was why, after the first day he had gone back to work, he was texting Leila. Everything was feeling topsy-turvy but at least home was mostly the same as he unlocked the front door and went inside. Jeremiah was sending a text before he took off his jacket.

cibarium
text to: leila townhome

went into work today.
checked in with your department
because of a case.
your desk was gone.
there was a *vending machine* there instead.
it didn't even have san pellegrino in it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:37 pm
azuredreams
text to: jeremiah mercer

it's not one of those depressing automated coffee machines, is it?

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:40 pm
cibarium

worse.
it also does hot chocolate.
neither of which is apparently good
but everyone keeps getting it anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:15 pm
azuredrams
text to: jeremiah mercer

if that's the worst news I'm getting, I'll take it
also I have something for you if you want to stop over for a bit

And then another, half a minute later:

azuredrams
we're neighbors now.

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:01 pm
cibarium

i'll be right over then.

Of course, right as his phone pinged for the second text, he was about to send back another. One that was Jeremiah about to ask where were they at because they weren't at their house. Someone else lived there and thankfully he had not teleported within the building but-

There was not any response back, not immediately, because Jeremiah was back in his own home and looking out toward the backyard. A chicken was out there.

Quote:

well that does explain the chickens.
i was wondering about those.

Which meant he was then going out into the backyard and realizing that while one side still held the fence that separated from Carson and Jude (he assumed it was still them), there was not on the other. In fact it looked like a shared, joined backyard and there was a coop. Jeremiah was certain that some of the things that had been planted in the back were likely for the chickens.

Except that he was beginning to realize that he had seen a fully grown one. So when there was a knock on the door to announce his presence, Leila was treated to a slightly sad look on his face when she opened it; the smallest downturn of the corner of his mouth.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:29 pm
Leila's chickens were robust against the winter chill and thus fairly active during the day, so the sound of them pecking at the ground and nattering at each other while moseying across the run was now a constant part of the neighborhood atmosphere. She smirked knowingly at Jeremiah when she answered the door, and was off only by a couple of feet leading him over to the couches in the main room. "Yeah... so there's that," she offered a bit helplessly. "But there's pictures and stuff on the... on Instagram. I'll send you the link."

The extra moment afforded by the teleportation mix-up allowed her to retrieve one of the things Leila had invited him in for already -- the carton was within reach on one of the end tables, and she carefully handed it over. "Eggs. I'm not sure if they're the first I've given you, but I guess it's all the same from where we're sitting."

azuredreams

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:03 pm
"I haven't braved instagram yet, though Algie has. It's flooded with pictures I've no memory of ..." Jeremiah assumed they were likely friends on instagram and probably, of all things, popped up on each other's pictures frequently enough.

He blinked as she handed over the eggs, taking them carefully into his hands and letting out a sigh. "Well, they're the first for me ... Which is what matters, I suppose, but I am admittedly sad that I missed out on seeing them all grow. Pictures will have to suffice."

Softly glowing blue-green eyes glanced back up at Leila and his lips twitched upwards into a smile. "Being neighbors isn't a bad touch, I'll admit." The shared backyard with the chickens was nice as well.

cibarium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:43 pm
For Leila, 'sad' was an enormous understatement. The reminder they were neighbors now brightened her back up a little, though. After a momentary pause to reflect on how nice that development was, she moved pedagogically on to the next topic she wanted to cover. "So... this whole deal hasn't been fun for Biscuit either, which brings me to why I brought you over. I've been getting some help from Friend on patching up our connection, and it... unlocked something in my mind, I think."

The candid tone with which she was describing how she'd recently become more psychic was quite a change from how annoyed she'd initially been with becoming psychic at all.

"I couldn't get too technical even if I wanted to at this point, but it's basically one-way telepathy. And I can send over words, pictures, sounds -- even feelings. So I could give you an idea of what went into making the new sigil, and what all the pieces of it mean, if you want."

azuredreams

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:19 pm
Jeremiah listened, his head tilting as Leila explained her new gift. It was certainly- "That's ..." His fingers rubbed against his thigh and then stopped when he realized he was doing it.

"It would be helpful but ... are there side-effects?" he asked quietly. Mostly because the last time something like that happened, Jeremiah had been out of commission for weeks.

cibarium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:27 pm
"Oh s**t, sorry. Right. With the... bad experiences." Leila rubbed her neck bashfully at forgetting: Ezra's approach to magically passing along information was not kind. "I've been ex--um-- practicing with Eve, and she says it doesn't hurt or anything. It's also how we know it doesn't work both ways."

It was probably a good idea for Jeremiah to not dwell much on how Freudian that slip might have been.

azuredrams

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:29 pm
Definitely not dwelling. Definitely.

Jeremiah nodded once before he sat forward. "If that's the case, then by all means. Anything that would give me insight into what happened with the creation of the new sigil would be appreciated."

Beside that he trusted Leila. If she said it was not going to hurt, then it would not.

cibarium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:10 pm
"It helps to clear your mind and... sort of focus on being receptive, so you don't get overwhelmed. It's easier to give you more if I'm touching you, so we can hold hands for that."

They held hands. It was awkward for a couple of minutes. Leila whispered a small apology for it at one point. Jeremiah was the second person to ever be on the receiving end of her telepathy, and what was easy with Eve was bound to be more difficult with anyone else until she became more proficient.

But then she was slowly letting out another deep breath and snatches of information started creeping in like polite little insects, building up what felt like a backwards recollection of a memory: there was the Void, and Heliodora's journal being used as a guide while the small crowd of Visitors debated the building of a new sigil. It was by no means a complete record of events, but definitely enough for Jeremiah to understand the significance and meaning behind the tree, the trinity knot and the keys, as well as the general consensus to focus on Sunny and Renard's arrival in time for the ritual bloodletting.

Along with this, there was an extra bit to the trinity knot in particular -- almost like Leila was standing next to him and emphatically pointing at Zac, showing his face and voice and the vicarious pride she had in his idea.

It was all said and done in thirty seconds that felt more like thirty minutes.

"Okay, might want to give yourself a minute to let all that settle," Leila said after letting go of Jeremiah's hands and leaning back in her seat. "You want some water or something to eat?"

azuredreams

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 pm
It had probably taken longer because Jeremiah, despite reassurance, was apprehensive. (There may have even been his own sorry back because it took extra time but-)

The experience was nothing at all like what happened with Ezra. It was not something that was pushed in but something that was shared. When it ended he let out a breath, hand pressing to his head as he processed everything.

"Ah ... water, if you don't mind?" he asked quietly. "Give me a moment." There was something poignant about seeing Zac again, twisting in his stomach, but it couldn't be focused on when there was so much to look at.

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:18 pm
With a nod, Leila float-bounded to the kitchen and returned with the requested glass of water a moment later. There was, of course, no ice in it. She remembered the chilled wine trick.

"Sorry if I went a little overboard," she said while taking her seat again. "I figured you'd want to... you deserve to see what Zac's been up to sometimes. Especially if it's something to be proud of."

azuredreams

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:18 pm
"It was nice," he admitted, "because I've not seen him." Obviously. "We talk on messenger programs and text but ..." That was it, nothing else. Jeremiah did impart a little bit of his chill into the glass, frost sneaking up it briefly, before he took a small sip.

"Thank you for that. Looks like he did well but so did all of you." His fingers were closed around the glass, staring at it a moment before he looked to Leila. "The new sigil is certainly something. It's got more ... freedom in it, I think."

cibarium

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces