Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Mᴀʀɪɴᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Bᴀsᴇ
Infirmary Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lerry Jive

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:06 pm
        𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐐xx𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘xxxxBlue Sea l Base
        User Image
User Image____________________________________________________

xxxxxClaimed by: Marines x

This is the area in which marines are treated from harsh conditions they have undergone and or experienced. Within this area, Doctors can gain more experience in the jobs they do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:23 am
User Image

Sans
────────────────────────────────────────

"....I....can't stand this paperwork..." the soft mumble of a masculine voice could be heard in the truly lonesome Infirmary section of the building that the man was in. The sole body within the area who looked more scruffy and run down then what one would expect a somewhat dignified marine to look like. Grunting in distaste as he would continue to doodle on the papers in front of his face, "Don't understand why you need papers to explain why you went to the bathroom....then again zombies don't really have that kinda function..." a cheeky smile spread on the man's face revealing some exceptionally large canines, it was a bit sinister due to his overall looks. Bleach white hair, piercing blue eyes and paper white skin, he looked without a doubt dead, or at the very least like an albino with an eye color defect. If it wasn't for the large dark red circles under his eyes to signify he didn't 'sleep' one could say he really was still living, but no human being could have the markings on his skin. Sitting in a tank top and long pants with slippers on his feet the man looked more like he was lounging around like a free loader. The severely large jacket on the back of his seat in white and blue was probably the only reason he wasn't considered someone not apart of the marines. Pale deft hands pushed the long white scruff of his hair back over his forehead, muscular arms moved lightly as he did an over head stretch. Hundreds of small scars lined up and down various parts of his body, something he consistently hid in the presence of others for the sheer fact of not wanting to admit he could scuffle.

The wounds themselves were obtained while alive while some newer ones came after his death, "Sans!" a voice sounded from outside and it would only be seconds before the man had swiveled and pulled on his jacket. Easily keeping his calm as he turned to the side to observe the opening door, "What?" he questioned looking bored and tired, but still retaining his smile, "Do you have all the medical supplies you need?" the marine questioned, "...they send you down here to check on me?" he questioned casually while inspecting his nails. The marine was quiet, "Yeah, I got everything I need kid. Tell'em that they live hard lives, pencil sharpeners can only live on tips after all." a snide remark as he would turn back and continue to doodle on his paperwork. The marine didn't get it much at all, but easily excused himself and headed out. Sans in the meantime laid his head on his desk and closed his eyes in a futile effort to sleep. His mind would end up wandering without much thought put into it, memories would converge on him without hesitation and images of his daughter would briefly crawl through his mind. As one would have it he had a half minkman daughter who already had a daughter of her own, she must be in her twenties by now. Anyways, his daughter Ameretto as named by her mother was a white tiger minkman with bright white hair and the husband was a wolf...maybe it was a fox? He couldn't recall and the two created a white haired minkman child, a cat none the less which was honestly the most surprising to him. Later on they ended up finding out his granddaughter was a rare type, a liger due to skipping genes, it was quite interesting to say the least. His granddaughters name was Morgan Kaiser, she was supposed to be twenty four this year, from the few pictures he had kept hidden away from prying eyes she had a lot more androgynous traits then he could have ever guess. He loved her regardless and last he heard she was currently a mercenary looking around for work, she was quite smart as well as intelligent, though he had little clue to what she was even proficient in.

Ameretto said that the girl liked cooking, so maybe a chef of some sort? Though his son in law had said that she was also proficient in sword-handling so it made him think she was some form of warrior chef, which would honestly be quite interesting to him to say the least. Maybe she ran around hunting down rare species and turning them into gourmet? Or maybe she was out hunting down pirates while looking like some form of badass, he had absolutely no clue, but the more he thought about it the more he realized he wasn't really apart of his families life anymore. Sans had made that a simple choice to leave them behind because he was technically dead, though if his wife ever did become unable to take care of herself he'd be there for her in a heartbeat, after all he still loved the woman, but being a reminder of the past wasn't exactly a good thing. Hell he was half sure she had moved on, which didn't honestly hurt, more so it sorta felt bad that he didn't meet his granddaughter face to face before. She would become a fine strong woman for sure, there wasn't a doubt in his mind about that, but it still piqued his interest to want to learn even more about her. Who wouldn't want to be apart of their grandchild's life after all? As his mind drifted time would pass in a quick manner leaving the male by his lonesome after a good few hours. Many doctors had cycled in and out as well as patients, no one bothered him unless there was an emergency which there rarely was nowadays. Most doctors left him by his lonesome when they wanted some time off which never bothered him in the least. Hell he hardly did anything. It wasn't a big deal if they left him here because he could handle all the physical labor by himself with ease, after all he was supposed to be like eighty two years old.

Defont

Words: 1,016

• Health: 200
  • Strength: 05 ( +5 Human )
  • Endurance: 15 ( +10 Zombie )
  • Speed: 10 ( +5 Human )
  • Intelligence: 25 ( +10 Doctor )
  • Accuracy: 15 ( +10 Scientist )
  • Dexterity: 15

Cor Contritum

Raider

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:39 pm
    User ImageUser Image
Str: 80 // End: 50 // Spd: 60 // Acc: 20 // Int: 20 // Spt: 82

The last thing Luka wanted to do was come back to base after what had happened back in Lyneel. She felt shitty and it wasn't just because she had been bleeding out her side for a lot longer than she had wanted to be doing so, which was not at all honestly. She was in relatively bad shape as far as her blood content was concerned and she had been forced to remove and slice apart her previous jacket to tie it about her abdomen after she was no longer in a life or death battle. It helped stem her bleeding quite a lot up until she was bale to find someone to give her a proper bandaging for the open wound. She'd hurry her way back to base and the wound was barely taken care of due to her impatient stubbornness as she headed back to the base infirmary. She would have been fairly light headed upon her arrival and she would have been given quite a lot of stares from everyone as she got back. Not only for her wrapped up body but for the fact that she was only in a bra with her jacket and shirt used to tie off her injury beforehand and quite frankly she had a really large set of tits and without her form fitting jacket holding them in place they kind of bounced about a lot as she walked. Fortunately she was too busy to really notice or care right now.

She went down the hall, wincing in pain as she grunted every handful of steps from her irritating pain. It was inhibiting her ability to even walk at a full normal pace even as she went straight towards the infirmary. She had a a job that needed to be done and frankly, she needed it done by the laziest son of a ******** on the entire base but he was also the only ******** on the entire base qualified to do this. She didn't like the idea and yet she had no choice as she came to the door for the doctor and opened up to find exactly what she had expected. Her breasts bouncing more as she opened the door and stepped moving to stare at him, narrowing her eyes at the sleeping and slacking b*****d sitting before her. "Sans!" She shouted at the man passed out in his office as she just stood there in his doorway, half naked on the top half aside from her wrapped stomach and her red bra that matched her hair. "I'm bleeding ad I need you to fix it." She spoke firmly, gaining back some attitude despite the blood loss thanks to her annoyance at him having been predictably asleep. "I also don't know how much of the bleeding is internal either..."

Words in post: [470] Current total: [1,000]

Cor Contritum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:09 pm
User Image

Sans

Sans really missed being able to actually sleep and dream, made things much more entertaining, now it was just slow labored thoughts that generally passed through his mind. Face planted firmly on the desk he could hear some form of commotion going on outside, but he chose to blatantly ignore it tuning out any and all noise as he would remain hunched over on his desk with papers scatted about with large doodles on the majority of it. Though he'd completely miss the sound of his door opening and would be 'woken' by the sound of his name being yelled. He recognized that voice, he sat up slowly eyes opening in the process as he looked somewhat groggy, eyes half closed as he would turn around to hear Luka yelling at him about something or another. Something about bleeding, "Yeah, seems like you hopped on your menstrual cycle and decided to run my a** over...you know that happens every month right?" he grunted easily crossing his arms before he'd actually take notice of her current attire and looked honestly unimpressed if not caring what so ever, "If your going for a new look....well I suppose the men needed a morale boost." he'd state staring at her chest with a bored look before looking back to her as she would explain about the bleeding, "Yeah yeah, I see you got your a** whooped kid. Go sit down and quit your yackin', I'll get some stuff." he grunted as he would move to stand up, the chair creaking noisily as he would take his easy and long strides towards one of the cabinets. Easily opening it up and starting to sift through the medicines, from a single glance he easily divulged that she got cut pretty deep, her pupils were responding slowly to light which means she was suffering heavy blood loss. She'd be dead on the ground by now if the wound got to any of her organs so she was basically fine besides the blood welling from her new wound. Blue eyes would easily scan through a large amount of medicines easily grasping three of them as well as some gauze, a needle and some thread. Placing them on a medical tray as he would move to his desk briefly to grab a pair of glasses while glancing over at Luka to see if she did what he said, "Aren't you obedient today?" he snuffed as he would easily place his glasses on his face and drift over to her. Rolling up his sleeves as he would pull on some medical gloves and easily with as much gentleness as he could muster through his dead hands pull off her make shift bandage, "Musta been a bad fight." was his simple observation as he would easily take a wipe and spread some cleaner on it. Carefully avoiding where the wound was while drawing all the blood away he'd inspect it further by carefully prying it open to see if anything had been left behind or there was more serious internal damage.

When he didn't see anything he'd double check by looking at Luka's back and stomach for and dark splotches, "Good news kid, he didn't stab you through yer kidney, bad news, your still bleedin." he was non-chalant as he would easily open a bottle and hand it to her, "Two mouthfuls." he'd state, "Then lay on your side." he'd state as he would get up once again to go grab something he forgot. He had given her a mild anesthetic and went to grab some anti-biotic salve to help with the healing as well as a sterilized pad to put over the wound, "So what or who gave you that nasty scar?" he questioned idly as he came back to Luka with her back facing him, "Musta been a man by how pissed off ya seem." he'd state easily able to tell the tension in the air as he would toss the gloves before starting to thread the needle, "This is going to hurt later, it'll be similar to a burn, do you want any painkillers for that or are you one of those masochist types that likes that type of thing?" he questioned idly as he would check the length of the string while keeping an eye on how much she was bleeding. He'd pull on another pair of gloves before he'd pinch the wound closed and immediately push the needle through the top of the gash. The blood flow stymied greatly from Luka's makeshift tourniquet, so it was hardly oozing now, but she'd definitely need bed rest for at least a couple days unless she wanted to end up fainting a lot. Continuing to squeeze as he went along, making a cross stitch pattern on her skin, it wouldn't take long for it to puff up and turn a bright red from the agitation that the skin got from being stitched up, "Even if I told you to take a break for a week, you probably won't listen huh?" he muttered his dark brows drawing down in an annoyed look, "Probably plottin some revenge too, knowing how you are." he snorted in mild contempt. If it wasn't obvious Sans was a bit annoyed by the fact the woman didn't take better care of herself, but hell when one was out fighting you could only do so much. Though not keeping an experienced doctor on hand showed how stupid she could be, "I'll need to check your vitals when I'm done patchingyou up." he'd state in a calm tone, switching between being serious with his job and heckling her.

Defont

Words: 940

Ryunosuke Ryusei

Cor Contritum

Raider

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:03 pm
    User ImageUser Image
Str: 80 // End: 50 // Spd: 60 // Acc: 20 // Int: 20 // Spt: 86

Her eyes only narrowed further at his shitty period joke as she was in no mood nor condition to be putting up with his s**t today. Of course the remark regarding her exposed bra and very sizable chest weren't really appreciated either but she came in fully expecting him to be his usual pain in the a** self as always. He did at least realize what her issue was with the bleeding and all that as she rolled her eyes with irritation before she went over to one of the beds and sat down on the edge of one, awaiting his return. She'd be quiet and hold her tongue as he came back with some supplies and started to remove her clothing (something everyone in the hall wished they could do) as she allowed him to examine the injury properly. She winced as the flesh around it was still relatively tender and still stinging with pain as she watched him work. Her side was still stained with blood as he cleaned up the area and her pants were still plenty stained as well. She'd have to replace them later.

She sighed a bit as he examined her wound, grunting softly as he confirmed her internal organs had remained intact thankfully so the damage had remained fairly minimal. She took the mouthfuls of fluid from him without complain and then laid down to her left, her right side being left up and exposed for him fully as he asked her what had happened. "His gender has nothing to do with it first of all, but yes it was a man. He was a pirate named Johnny and he was part of the crew raiding there. He intervened when I was about to find his allies I presume and we battled. I broke his wrist and left a large hole in his leg but I got this cut first and lost more blood than he did before he simply left and refused to continue the fight..." She sighed, clearly not happy with the results of her encounter with the man that was clearly overcompensating with his over sized belt and sword. When asked about painkillers she paused though before she gave a reply. "...I'm no masochist but I'll go without them regardless...I need to deal with the pain..." She said finally as she let him stab and pierce her flesh without any numbing, grunting as she gripped the edge of the bed, gritting her teeth with each movement of the needle into her tender flesh.

She bore through it as best as she could, never screaming out but mostly wincing in pain or clutching at the edge of the bed from the pain added to an already sensitive area while he worked. She's sit upright once he was done, wincing again as she disregarded every signal from her body to lay the ******** down as she looked at him. "Revenge is not something I care about however his crimes are now worse than before with attacking a Marine, resisting arrest and escaping in yet another raid. I won't be holding back the next time I cross paths with him..." She looked visibly pissed and yet she still wasn't going to pointlessly try hunting him and his entire crew down all by herself for some petty notion of revenge since she wasn't a complete idiot. Though she sighed after a few moments, looking at her stitched up side and noting the stinging sensation of that area. "Sans, you seem fairly good at this despite not working all that much...But thank you." She seemed oddly calmer as she thanked him for fixing her injury as she stared at it longer, as if contemplating something for a long time.

Words in post: [624] Current total: [1,624]

Cor Contritum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:24 pm
User Image

Sans

Sans wasn't at all interested in her enduring the pain, hell maybe it would remind her to be more careful in the future and not get reckless and sustain such an injury. Otherwise she'd have to look forward to something like this again, he'd look mildly intrigued by the fact that she would mention that it wasn't about the person's gender, he'd raise a brow as she described what she did to him in return and he'd snicker, "Sounds like you are trying to compensate for the fact you lost. I'm surprised you didn't aim for more vital areas, if you got close enough to blow a hole in his leg you shoulda aimed more towards his center." he chuckled, "If it were a woman I'd feel you'd take it less hard then you do right now." he'd finish off as she would go on to mention about the painkillers and he'd smirk lightly, "That is a masochist at it's finest, I could go into full detail about how dumb it is for you to bear with unnecessary pain, but one...that's a lot of work, two, your bull headed and don't listen." he'd snuff as he would finish up and turn to take his gloves off once again, changing them out frequently to keep up the cleaning. As she would sit up he'd just let it be and instead start to put the salve on when she settled, the cool feeling would ease the burn and the antibiotic would keep the stitches from getting infected, "It'll be enflamed for a bit so I suggest to take it easy at the very least for the next couple of hours." he grunted as he would cap the salve and easily place the large white patch over the wound before binding gauze around her waist, forcing her to lift her arms as she spoke about his mentions of revenge. He'd tie off the gauze as he would try to think of how to word this without making her go ballistic, a rare courtesy in there relationship, "You should take more care in what your doing. You'll never know when there will be a next time kid." he'd state pushing his glasses up as he would place the gauze down and grab her arm easily place the tips of his fingers against her inner wrist and press down hard. It was harder to take a pulse due to how dulled his senses were, but he was able to pick up the subtle pulsing and quietly time it, "Pretty normal, a little slower, probably from the blood loss." he murmured before reaching up and covering her eyes momentarily.

Sans would listen to her compliment sandwich in the mean time, "They keep me around for a reason ya know. A doctor who doesn't ever die seems pretty damn useful in retrospect." he'd state uncovering her eyes and watching her eyes dilate, "Tch, you really need to go lay down for a bit. You aren't responding well to light, big sign of possibly fainting kid. Even if you don't feel it right now." he muttered as he would stand up fully and grab the bottles, "What are you thinking now? Other then getting some new attire." he'd state placing the medications away and moving to go fill out the log to state what he used, "Oh, I forgot to mention, that stuff you drank was an anesthetic, so you'll end up sleeping for a little while even if you don't want to." he'd turn back around with a cheeky smirk on his face, "I'd suggest finding someplace comfy to rest kid, you'll be out for at least an hour or two." he'd state going to sit back down at his desk. Honestly he didn't feel bad for not telling her he drugged her a**, he had been at this for fifty years and have met plenty of hard headed kids like her. She wouldn't take rest even if they tied her to a bed so it was easier just to slip something in with treatment so that the patient really did get better. Pulling his glasses off and leaning back he'd fill out a short medical file and put it away, the only time he took his work seriously was when dealing with actual people. The annoying paperwork on filing reports about what he did for the day just ended up doodled on and with a bunch of puns. Anything else that had absolutely nothing to do with curing, fixing or surgery was literally just scrap paper to the man. More often then not all the paperwork he refused to do was shoved off on to Luka...cause thats who he preferred turning it in too. Medical charts and inventory were always neatly written in cursive, as much as Sans was lazy he didn't slack where it actually counted. Though he has had mishaps on his part before, he was still human even after death.

Defont

Words: 827

Ryunosuke Ryusei

Cor Contritum

Raider

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:38 pm
    User ImageUser Image
Str: 90 // End: 50 // Spd: 60 // Acc: 20 // Int: 20 // Spt: 86

"I wasn't attempting to kill him, only bring him in. He hasn't murdered anyone else to my knowledge so I did not use lethal intent in my fight with him." She glared at him slightly at the remark about if it were a woman. "And for the last time I'm not sexist so drop it." She said curtly, hearing him make a smart remark about her choice to accept no pain killers. "As for the painkillers...I refused because I need to build up a tolerance to it..." She sighed softly as he applied ointment and did all that doctor-y s**t he got paid to which included taking her pulse finally. The higher pressure at her wrist felt a tad odd but he had to do it. He didn't really feel much with his weird half alive body. As he kept examining her, she'd allow him to, being fairly comfortable around him and that was a good thing too. He was likely one of few people that didn't seem overly focused on her body for stupid lewd reasons as most doctors should be. Of course the severe lack of doctors overall was an entirely different issue in and of itself that would have to be fixed later.

She sighed as he told her how her eyes were being stupid. She did lose a lot more blood than that wound should have if she had managed to patch it up in the middle of the fight, but there was no way she could do something like that without just giving her opponent free reign to attack her as few if any would be so honorable to allow her to do such a fix to an open wound. "I'm thinking about how to deal with the problems I had in my fight..." She said softly, looking up quickly as he admitted to drugging her with that shitty 'medicine' as she narrowed her eyes at him, not entirely happy at the deception. She started to feel drowsy already, suffering the effects much easier with her lowered blood content as she groaned and sighed, shifting on the bed as she figured she'd likely pass out soon regardless. "You'll be getting an earful about this later..." She promised him as she simply made use of the bed as it was meant to be used and laid back, grumpily forced into a light coma for a few hours.

She'd eventually wake up slowly. Eyes blinking slowly as she felt a bit groggy, looking about to a still empty office save for herself and Sans. The sun had started setting out the window as she sighed, looking down at her side and the wound. She was basically topless right now save for her bra and honestly Sans was probably one of the only people she trusted to be around her passed out and half naked honestly. She could see him passed out at his desk as usual as she looked down again, lost in thought as she didn't feel as sore anymore. "Sans...?" She called to him, not shouting even as she wanted him to wake up a little less rudely than earlier. Not that he should have been sleeping at work anyways but that's besides the point.

Words in post: [540] Current total: [2,164]

Cor Contritum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:01 pm
User Image

Sans

Sans raised an eyebrow at her mentions of not wanting to kill him, he'd look unamused as he would just shake his head, "Eh, going all out doesn't always result in death, not saying aim for his neck or his heart, but holding back is just asking to get that big 'ol gash in your side." he'd state simply, "Then again I never understood the point of not matching lethal intent with lethal intent. He surely could have killed you." he stated with a yawn as he would look unimpressed with her resolve to 'hold back', "Then again, I don't fight." he chuckled looking at ease like he always did. He would finally allow the subject of her being a sexist drop, but he would bring it up again, if Luka knew any better she knew that he wouldn't just leave something that pissed her off alone. As the conversation continued on about not taking the pain killers he'd rub his eyes in exasperation, "People are so bull headed. No point in building a tolerance to a wound like that. If it was a minor cut that didn't actually threaten your life untreated go for it, wounds like those? They inhibit everything. Sleeping, movement, just raising your arm at that side, not to mention if you pulled a stitch you'd be right back where you are." he sounded almost annoyed by her mentions of building a tolerance to pain, "Then again normal people would be in bed doped to hell on painkillers by now, so it's whatever I suppose." he muttered half wondering if he should slip some into water and have her drink some anyways. He was already going to get an earful so it didn't sound like a bad idea honestly, but he'd nix the thought considering he wasn't going to listen to her whine about wanting to do things her way instead of the medical professional. Pushing his white hair back as he would soothe his practitioners thoughts and just let it blow over, "Never mind it. You'll learn through trial and error." he snuffed.

Leaning back in his chair as he would listen for her starting to move, he'd hear her mentions on what she had been thinking about, "You mean getting a gash in your side? Or is it some fighting technique?" he questioned wondering what made her so focused on the whole ordeal, "Cause I hear learning to dodge the sharp object coming at you tends to be a good strategy in fighting." he'd state in a bored tone clearly antagonizing her about the wound. When it seemed she was getting tired he would smirk lazily especially on hearing her remark about scolding him, "Yeah yeah, but you wanted me to fix you, so I'm only doing my job." he snorted. When she seemed to pass out he'd stand up and go drag the blanket up over her body so that nosy marines wouldn't come looking in here for a peek, "Sheesh, next time I should just use some tranq darts or something. She's worse then a bull." he muttered before going back to his desk and once again pretending to sleep. It must have been a few hours of pure quiet because when he heard his name being called he would finally sit up stiff as ever, "That was fast. You'd think with a wound like that your body would force you to sleep longer." he'd grunt swiveling around in his chair, "How's your head kid?" he questioned eyeing her to see if he could pick up any abnormalities, she seemed fine for the most part. The wound wasn't bleeding through either so she seemed to be okay for the most part, the anesthetic wore off and the salve on her side must be keeping the wound from inflaming horribly as well. All good signs of recovery.

Defont

Words: 644

Cor Contritum

Raider

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:33 pm
    User ImageUser Image

Luka could not necessarily argue the logic behind returning lethal intent with lethal intent. She also wasn't going to admit to the fact that she intentionally withheld the use of her Devil Fruit until later on though it was likely that he already knew about that fact. It didn't matter though as she knew she couldn't make that mistake should they cross blades once more. However she would disagree with him in regards to building pain tolerance. That inhibition was all entirely because of the pain itself and not having to experience the pain would remove the limitation on one's actions should they be harmed, battling regardless of their own physical condition. Such would be ideal for her should she end up fighting more people as dangerous as hat man, or even worse than he. And the next words he mentioned was that she would learn through 'trial and error' but he had no clue how correct he was about that as she listened to him speak. She had shook her head to his question about some new sword technique, it was more related to her side gash but she could elaborate on that much later on when she would be requiring his help with her stupid plan.

After she had woken up, She was met with a bit of sass and complaints about her natural refusal to sleep more than the bare minimum needed. She sighed softly and looked at him as he asked her about her head to which she blinked a few times, rubbing her eyes a bit as she yawned. "My head feels fine, and I think my side is still numb at this point..." She replied, looking around at the room that was still fairly empty aside from the two of them. "I do need your help with a few things though. Namely I need you to show me the proper way to stitch up an open wound no matter where it is on my body." She said, looking at him as her eyes grew serious once more. "I won't be making any permanent fixings myself but I'd like to know how to do it the right way even if it's only temporarily. One of my issues was that I couldn't stem the bleeding while fighting and all I did with every action was accelerate my blood loss. The first plan is to make myself stitches that cant be snapped to seal open wounds." She spoke as her shadow stretched down the side of the bed like liquid, soon oozing to the floor and then growing upwards off the floor as she formed her Doppleman. A perfect replica of a perfect health Luka made of dark shadowy mass stood beside the bed now as she revealed her intent to manipulate her own shadow for her imitation doctor-ing to her own flesh mid battle. "With this I'd be able to make stitches and bindings without sacrificing my defense or creating an opening in the middle if a battle."

She looked at him and was about to speak more, when there was a ringing from her alert den den mushi and even the one on his desk would sound to the alarm as a voice rang out. "Someone is destroying our homes! You got to stop them! There is giant man.....ahhh my house! And a trench coat man." She narrowed her eyes at the call and started to shift her legs over the edge of the bed, boots firmly setting onto the floor as she started to stand up despite having just woken up from drug induced coma nap. "I guess the lesson will need to be put on hold for a little while instead..." Shes aid as she began to lift herself to stand upright, fully prepared to head out for the call. She would likely need a new shirt and set of pants before going as well.

Words in post: [652] Current total: [2,816]

Cor Contritum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:41 am
User Image

Sans

Sans would be eyeing Luka with a questioning glance for once, he wasn't set back into 'chill' mode just yet due to a patient still being on his bed. As much as he itched to antagonize the woman he couldn't while she was still considered wounded and technically in need of medical help. Watching her responsiveness as she would rub her eyes and proceed to act like she woke up from a good nap, she seemed to be in okay condition for once. Mentions of her side being numb and feeling quite fine in the head made him a little less interested, "I dunno, you might have a brain injury. Only an idiot wouldn't continue sleeping." he stated with a light smirk before he would lean back in his chair feeling that the woman had efficiently taken to the treatment he imposed on her. The surprise on his face was probably priceless to the woman as she had mentioned him helping her with a few things and then asking him how to stitch things up. Confusion crossed his features before he'd seem to understand what she just asked him, "You want me to teach you?" he'd state, "Didn't I already help you?" he grumbled clearly not pleased at the ideal of staying up longer to do much of anything, sleep was calling his name, well sorta sleep anyways. The serious look in her eyes easily told him that he was definitely not getting out of this and he was going to have to, he'd let out an exasperated sigh and he would stare at the ceiling as she would proceed to explain herself. He was thinking quietly of what stitch to show her that would be a work around for everything, but that wasn't his particular concern since he was worried she would get a cut in an organ and those required a whole different treatment. Rubbing his face some more as he'd glance over to see that Luka already created something to learn how to do it, or well maybe it was a test subject? Didn't matter he was staring at it blatantly before he would sigh once again, clearly reluctant because it wasn't just a doctor thing, but because sometimes wounds aren't stitch-able, some he had to cauterize with heat because they bled too fast. It really depended and she didn't have the eye of a doctor, but he supposed teaching her how to stitch wouldn't be an awful idea if she really needed it.

Moving to stand up he'd stop when he heard the ringing of the den den mushi, he'd look to her as she answered and he'd listen to the delivered mission, annoyance would be clear on his features before he would look over to Luka who seemed to prepare to leave. He'd set his elbow on his chair and his chin on the palm of his hand, "I refuse to teach you if you leave right now. There are plenty of other marines right now to deal with something like this, especially while you are still healing. Pulling any of those stitches while out in battle would have you right back here and next time I won't be so gentle." he'd state coldly clearly not letting a patient roll out of the room with just put in stitches in her side. He'd stare at her wondering if she would end up leaving anyways and missing her chance or staying to learn then proceeding to take off after the teaching in which he wouldn't be as mindful, but he wouldn't readily offer such an option to her, that would make her sloppy in trying to learn what she wanted too because she'd be rushing to leave.

Defont

Words: 621

Cor Contritum

Raider

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:27 pm
    User ImageUser Image

Luka disregarded his insult as she didn't care for it truthfully. She wasn't so prideful in herself that she'd start arguments over something so simple for sure and she was hardly in a mood to be getting petty since she was by no means a petty woman. He did seem rather confused and taken back by her request to be 'taught' anything by his lay as and he seemed to sort of get the idea after she had manifested her shadow in the form of her perfectly healthy shadow clone. The idea was to shift the shadow itself into a thread that was naturally sharp by pointing it but was stronger and far sturdier than ordinary thread was. It would make a stitching that was essentially impossible to break in battle without forcibly striking the treated area again with a sharp weapon stronger than Luka's own shadow was sturdy. She was aware that she couldn't just do this to every wound per say but stopping heavy blood loss in battle was a highly important asset to have when bleeding out the opponent was already proven an effective method of winning a fight.

Once she had gotten up however, Sans didn't seem terribly interested in the alert call at all. Granted he had no reason to being as he was the only really qualified doctor on base and she doubted that he ever did field work in the first place anyways. She was about to head off to find a temporary shirt when his words made her stop though as he denied her the requested lesson should she leave right now. She paused, looking down as she sighed. He was certainly right that there were plenty of other Marines that could answer the call. Though she had trouble turning down a call for help ever, and her recent defeat likely had her wanting to do something again ASAP as she had been forced to feel essentially powerless to prevent that pirate's escape. Sure the fight was not so one sided in truth but defeat was defeat to her, no matter how absolute or how barely obtained it was. She sighed a bit and turned to look at him as she sat back down, defeated again though in a more metaphorical sense this time as she accepted his terms. "Very well. I'l accept your terms then. I shall not leave for any duty not specifically assigned to me until you deem my ability to treat open wounds as acceptable." She may be stubborn but at that point it became a promise and she wasn't one to go back on such things.

Words in post: [438] Current total: [3,254]

Cor Contritum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:10 pm
User Image

Sans

Sans would look at her deliberately when he called her an idiot and would smirk when she disregarded him completely on that front, well it seemed she knew her idea was utterly stupid. At least he thought that way anyways. Blue eyes would however show a small spark of interest when she heard what he had to say and stopped to look at him. She looked momentarily conflicted about the whole thing as he would continue to stare at her while she contemplated what to do. A dark brow raised as she would finally sit down and look to him before she would go on to accept his terms. He would stand and look fairly sluggish, a stretch accompanying it as he would attempt to loosen up some of the rigor mortise that attempted to settle on his muscles. Easily grabbing out a needle and thread from the cabinet he would walk over and shrug off his jacket figuring it would take a little bit for her to learn and the idea of having to roll his sleeves up every twenty minutes would be annoying. Placing it down on his chair as he passed and walking over to her, the many thin dark lines on his skin would become obvious to well anyone. It was hard to miss them when he was as pale as a ghost, but he paid no mind to it, Luka didn't seem the type to ask questions so he didn't feel too touchy about letting them show this time around. Glasses placed on his face as he pushed his hair back and drug a rolling seat over to the two and easily pulled her jacket from where he tossed it earlier. Easily threading the needle and then finding a spot on the jacket that was similar to an open wound, he leaned over and adjusted himself enough so that Luka could see what he was doing.

Pressing the needle through the fabric it would take less then a minute for him to make a three inch line into the fabric of close knit cross stitches, the small x's were neat and quick and closed up part of the tear, "This is a cross stitch, good for any shallow but deep bleeding wounds, it's the one I used on your side." he'd state indicating it before he'd put a second line only intending to show her two different ones in case she had an internal organ that got ripped open, it would save her very briefly enough to get to a doctor to properly fix it, but it could be a life saver for this stupidly reckless woman. Weaving this one faster then the other and showing the three inches he'd indicate it to her, "Continuous blanket stitch, make sure the ends are extremely tight when you do this, this one is for organs. I mean any organ, hell even your heart. If you perfect this one and go at a decent speed you can save your own life." he'd state to her before handing her the jacket, "Don't go for speed right now, but make sure that the stitches are tight." he'd state easily sticking the needle into his pant leg as he waited to watch her show him her stitch work. It would be clear to anyone that this...lazy a** zombie really did his job severely well, even Luka probably couldn't find complaint in his handiwork when it comes to doing something like this.

Defont

Words: 580

Cor Contritum

Raider

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:09 pm
    User ImageUser Image

She had no care to question him and she would actually be a surprisingly obedient little learner as she waited for him to comeback, removing and messing up his own jacket before he pulled out a thread and needle. He started to go through the motions with surprising fluidity and ease while she watched closely. The threaded X's were in a neat, perfect line over the tear in the jacket and tight enough that if the jacket were waterproof, no water would seem through where the stitch had been made. She nodded and listened as he explained it and went on to do yet another form of stitch as well over his own coat. She made sure to note the importance of each stitch and the value they would both have for her during combat. She would need to start with the cross stitch first and she wouldn't move on until she could make it as well as he could. Or at least nearly so. As she was handed the jacket she reached her hand out and her shadow duplicate reached out her left arm at the command of Luka's right. The shadowy mass warped and the arm shifted into a straight needle like shape as she controlled it to move under her hand's guided command as she started to 'thread' the black solid mass of her own shadow to work in and out of the fabric just as he had done with the needle, working to imitate the work over the regular fabric rather than create more tears in his jacket as she worked slowly, trying to get a handle on controlling the shadow in this way even more than guiding the pattern.

She was fairly well focused on her task at hand, even as she wasn't 'directly' using her own hand but she still had to focus. She needed to be able to do this at a mere thought. Perfectly and without distraction for this to be a viable option in combat as her working with the shadow would show him what her plan truly was. With her shadow on hand always and her ability to mentally direct it, she'd never need to stop for more than a moment to rapidly repair open wounds. She worked slowly to replicate the repeating pattern of X's over his jacket with a thread of darkness roughly the same as the thread he had used but it was inherently far sturdier and thus much harder to tear due to being stressed by combat. The first series was finished and while she worked very slowly, it was at least somewhat decent, especially given her lack of sewing experience. Granted if she had done his by hand the normal way her results would likely be much worse. "Is this too loose...?" She asked him as that say there working. She knew this could end up taking quite a while to properly learn on her part, especially at the speed she needed to do it but this was a start. "Also if you like I can go make us some tea if you want...but if I'm just keeping you up I can practice while you sleep instead." She offered him politely, not really trying to sneak off after he passed out as some might think, but it was getting dark as the sun set more and she was sort of imposing upon him for this lesson.

Words in post: [570] Current total: [3,824]

Cor Contritum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:08 pm
User Image

Sans

Sans was quiet as he would watch her stitch not particularly scrutinizing her as he would pay attention to her movements. She had a fairly steady hand which was good, but in high stress situations she might be less nimble even with her shadow stitching. Blue eyes would look fairly bored, but he was attentive as a teacher, as she continued to sew on the spare jacket he'd just scrutinize her work. When she held it up to him to inspect he easily pulled on the stitches, not attempting to make them come undone, but showing her what he was looking for by stressing them, "See the space's here?" he indicated the bulges and easily spread them between her stitches, "Gotta have them closer. To be honest with your shadow you could probably get them close then mine and completely seal a wound on your own." he stated before pointing to his own, "You want to be able to seal a wound to make it stop bleeding so you can't make it so spaced apart. The tightness was okay, could do a bit better." he'd murmur before handing it back to her to let her try again. As she would go on to mention that she could make tea he'd wave it off, "Body functions like that don't work." he'd murmur with a bored look, "Found I can only taste things like ketchup or hot sauce." he stated with a light yawn, "I could nap." he murmured easily standing up , "If you think you did good just come tap me." he'd state turning and easily moving back to his desk and taking his napping position. It was easier then he thought to show her so at least she was fairly quick in learning.

Defont

Words: 293

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Putting in word count

Cor Contritum

Raider

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:26 pm
    User ImageUser Image

She worked as he watched, waiting for his criticism of her work thus far as he pointed out the flaws in her first attempt. She had even admitted that with her shadow she could potentially get better results than he could due to the direct mental control and the ability to warp the shadow itself as she needed. As far as she was concerned that was a very good positive as she was more determined to get this technique mastered for battle. Though at his refusal to any tea or something she raised an eyebrow to what he said he could in fact even taste. "That's...oddly specific but fair enough...I'll try not to disturb you then while you rest..." She spoke softly as she fully expected him to take the aforementioned nap as she would get back to work, removing her warped shadow from the fabric completely as she would begin performing the pattern again from scratch into the spare jacket. She'd keep at it as she worked on the stitching time and again while Sans would go to sleep. Her shadow working in and out, back and forth as she would make the X pattern smaller and smaller each time she remade the stitching.

She'd not go to sleep as she worked into the night, keeping the bedside light on as she would do the work over and over in constant repetition. She'd rub her eyes every now and again as she worked, morphing the 'material' from her own shadow's arm over and over through the night. She'd improve with each attempt, no longer using her hand to guide the shadow itself as she merely commanded it to move to her will. Sometime around midnight perhaps she would get up to go out and make a hot cup of tea for herself. Earl Gray as she sipped it, staring at the stitches Sans had made while she had her shadow replicate the pattern over and over. Her speed would start improving as well as she managed to shrink the space used, making the threads tighter each time as well. Late into the early morning is when she would have the pattern memorized perfectly and she had her shadow moving over a space without looking at it, forming the stitches from memory of an imaginary line she put on the fabric. As she started mastering the cross stitch, she'd move on to work on the Continuous Blanket Stitch next. Her shadow weaving back and forth quickly even on the first attempt as she stared closely at his work, imitating it en mass during the night while her teacher slept through the night.

By the time she had stopped with her work finally and at last, the sun was rising over the rest of the horizon once again as she looked out the window and blinked a few times, not having realized how much time she had spent working on her shadow stitching technique but the work was well worth it. She had even stopped a few times from using her own shadow to try doing the pattern with regular thread a few times to more closely understand the movements during the night and it had certainly helped her with the mastery of her new ability. She'd look at Sans and gently tap his shoulder as she held up the spare jacket, several instances of both stitch patterns formed from her shadow threads with a far greater level of precision and tightness than she'd ever managed with her own bare hands most likely but if the jacket had been cut where those stitches were placed over, no evidence of such would have remained aside from the stitches themselves. "They may be only temporary until I can be treated properly, but is this acceptable...?"

Words in post: [630] Current total: [4,454]

Cor Contritum

Mᴀʀɪɴᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Bᴀsᴇ

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas