[PRP] a new day (Shiloh & Liam) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:09 pm
    Shiloh doesn't know his way around Raider Waite, despite the fact that the him from this time was due to enroll there. There's a lot of things about this world that don't make a whole lot of sense, but he's trying to make the best of it. It's better to put one foot in front of the other instead of wondering if they royally ******** up everything, anyway.

Which was partially why he was heading here in the first place, because he had a shitload of questions, even if they might not be the most pressing at the moment.

Clearing his throat as he navigated what seemed like a maze of hallways, he stopped in front of a particular door, double checking the office number on his phone. Taking a deep breath, he knocked before cracking the door open.

"Sorry, I uh—don't have an appointment or nothin'. Is this a bad time?" Shiloh asked as he peeked his head inside, not entirely sure what to expect.

Silverah
here u go dies
lmk if there's anything pressing about his new status as a principle that i should be aware about/stuff that would have happened at the end of his rp with sonny since this obv takes place after WHEEZE otherwise i'll vague it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:30 pm
Liam had finally ventured into his office, only to find a lesson plan he didn't remember writing, dedicated to a subject matter he needed to hurriedly refamiliarize himself with. It had been centuries - nay, millennia - since he'd needed to concern himself with magitechnical-augmented security theory, but apparently it was on the department manifest with his name attached.

Anyway, first Sunny and now this - he was really starting to tire of this while you were sleeping bullshit.

When Shiloh stuck his head in, Liam was several chapters deep into a very intimidating-looking textbook, taking notes on a yellow legal pad and determinedly worrying his lower lip with his teeth. "No, it's fine," he said after a moment, looking up. He set the legal pad aside.

"It's about time for a break," he said, and paused, eyes narrowing.

"Well," he said softly. "That's interesting."

Melancholies

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:42 pm
    Shiloh's eyes also glossed over the cover of Liam's book (despite his rampant dyslexia, he managed to parse through magitechnical before looking away, wondering what the ******** that was about). His expression was relatively blank, mostly uncertain. This guy—this guy and ******** Renard—had been prominent in his life back in the eighties, and it didn't sit well with him.

What exactly was one supposed to say? Thank you? ******** you? Hi? What's up?

"Sup." was what inevitably came out.

He licked his lips, stepping inside as he shut the door softly behind him, like any sound louder than a murmur might disrupt the world even more than it already was.

"S'was thinking we could have a chat, maybe." Shiloh's posture was tense, his voice was laced with caution, and he was fighting down the urge to have flowers blooming over his skin. Keep the anxiety to a minimum, Beaumont.

Didn't help that his phone would not stop buzzing. He had no ******** idea who "Your Fave" was, but it sure as ******** wasn't Jamie, which meant they were absolutely wrong.

Silverah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:51 pm
"Sup," replied Liam, sounding amused by the word. "I hope you weren't looking for a course recommendation, because I'm suddenly not sure what I'm teaching next semester..." He'd known, but... it's probably all changed now, and he'll have to go digging through the department registration list to figure it out.

"Please," he said, gesturing to the seat across from his desk. "Have a seat... it's Shiloh, isn't it?"

He sounded very certain about that.

"What did you want to talk about?"

Melancholies

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:02 pm
    The tense was from his posture seemed to seep away--for the moment. Liam was being cordial enough despite drowning in what appeared to be his own personal hell.

"Yeah, Shiloh. Beaumont." he offered a little smile as he took a seat, "I'm not here for course bullshit, don't worry. College ain't really hot on my radar right now. And you're Liam, yeah? Noor?"

He sounded just as certain.

He cleared his throat, "Actually, can I just be ********' forward with you? Cause that might be the quickest way..." he trailed off for a moment, hesitating before adding "You know me already, right?" his eyes gleamed inquisitively.

Silverah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:11 pm
Liam closed the book around the legal pad.

"I know many yous," he said. "Maybe you could be more specific."

melancholies

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:02 am
    "Yeah, sure, that's fine." Shiloh seemed to think for a moment as he sat back in his chair, eyes looking up to the ceiling. After he finished parsing through his thoughts, he spoke up again, "1989," the way he murmured it was a little less sure, a little less concrete; as if he still couldn't believe it happened, "New York-- does that ring any bells?"

He finally took his attention off of the ceiling to look down at Liam, wondering just how much information he should divulge. Honestyly, he had come here out of pure curiosity for his other-time counterpart (And Jamie's, and to figure out who that Dana lady was, among other things); so the question remained if he should tell Liam about his magic time trip and all the s**t that had happened with Sonny... it might be better left for another time, unless it came out now. He shook his head at his own thoughts.

"There was the bar-- Andromache." he waited again before adding, "Y'know, among all the other ******** weird magic s**t that time had going for it."

Silverah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:29 am
Liam looked stung. Like he was bleeding pretention. Like all of his simmering superiority was escaping through a tiny little hole in his side. "Yeah, I know it," he said, raising a hand to his mouth, brow furrowing in concern. "Magic, you say?" he asked. "And... was I young?"

Not that he doesn't look very good for a man on the far side of fifty.

He lowered his hand, grabbing the edge of the desk for support, although he remained sitting.

"How did you come to learn about the world before the cage?"

Melancholies

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:51 am
    Shiloh couldn't help it. The incredulous, downright haughty look that crossed Liam's face was funny, and he stifled back a snort of laughter. He felt bad; being in the dark was shitaculary frustrating, but he wasn't here to taunt him. Dangling s**t in front of someone's nose was the last thing he wanted.

"You were young, yeah. The bartender." he looked to his hands, playing with his thumbs a little as he crossed one leg lazily over the other. "It's gonna sound pretty crazy, but I guess that won't be anything new, huh?

He leaned forward again. "I can tell you what I know, though, even though I'm still confused as ******** myself..." he sucked in a breath, "But you gotta answer my questions too whenever we're done, else it ain't fair." Shiloh's cheeks puffed out as if to enunciate this point. "Deal?"

Silverah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:03 am
Liam, for one, did not like this strange new world he's woken up in one bit. "Yeah, yeah, deal, whatever you want. How did you get there? That's a place outside the cage. A place that doesn't repeat. At least... when I'm young, it doesn't."

This ws a new Liam, a Liam without his usual creep factor or composure.

A Liam who didn't know what was coming next.

"I remember you. Not you, here, now, but you. A kid from the flyover states. Your parents kicked you out. We took care of you."

He sighed. "It was a long time ago."

Melancholies

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:35 pm
    "A long long time ago?" he teased, but seeing how stiff and unsure Liam was made him back off a little bit. "The ******** do you mean outside the cage? Well, I guess you actually answered that, never mind..."

Shiloh cleared his throat.

"We all woke up the day after Halloween," he started his tale and it almost read like a terrible spooky story, what with the way he leaned forward and widened his bright blue eyes, "Okay, more like the night after—night of? It was past midnight I guess. I'd just gone to sleep..." he scratched the back of his head, "'Nyway, there was this weird... feeling, like this itch I couldn't shake, this voice—and you couldn't ignore it—and it was telling us to go into the forest. We found her there. Sunny." he blinked a few times in thought, glancing up to the ceiling as he did so.

"There was this gigantic hole in the world. She was all like—all ******** up—totally manic, ******** lost it. She kept raving about how she was free, 'guess cause... Aodelle and Heliodora 'n all of them were dead..." he trails off, looking a little solemn, feeling his heartbeat pick up at the realization that now he was in their shoes. "She said the veil was ********. Said we had to fix it. Said we had to jump into the void—that she'd show us everything, whatever the hell that meant..."

He trailed off to let his part sink in.

"So we did." a laugh, sharp and short and harsh, "Like ******** morons. You still following?"

Silverah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:06 pm
"Yes," said Liam, taking what was probably meant to be a joke very seriously indeed. "Tens of thousands of years. A time before the cage was created to constrain our experiments. Our power."

His brow crinkled, and he leaned forward onto his elbow, listening intently. Vivien had warned him, hadn't she?

She had.

"I believe I am," he said. "And the void took you there? To the past?"

He seemed to be working very hard to control his reaction, to hold his cards close.

Melancholies

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:06 am
    Shiloh nodded, "Well, first it dropped all of us off in some... weird void-y library looking place. There was a women named Sunday. She told us the same stuff though: veil was broken, gotta fix it, yadda yadaa..."

"Anyway, I dunno where everyone else went, but some of us went there. To uh, 1989 or whatever. Jamie 'n my brother 'n I and Zac..." there were others but he couldn't parse the names immediately. "It ******** sucked 'cause like--everyone's telling us 'fix this' and 'solve that' but no one ever said exactly the hell what. So that's why we ended up at Andromache, 'cause Jamie and Ollie and a few others had ran into you " he pointed at Liam, "Like, you you."

He leaned back in his chair again, arms lazily draped over the sides of the arm rests. He didn't like talking this much, but a promise was a promise. "So we got there on the night of some big wake you guys were havin'... I felt kinda bad, y'know? Interrupting s**t like that, but we had to find out what was wrong-- and that's when s**t got really crazy, 'cause I ended up meeting me and that Jamie and all sorts of other weird s**t. Kuroda was there, Mercer... you of course, and then Sibyl... well, Renard, he took a deep breath, reluctance creeping in as he remembered the reset and the blood and the loud pop of every reset.

"It was a ******** mess." he groaned, looking a little weary, "But I didn't know you took us in. Like, Eightloh said he'd been kicked out, but we didn't get a whole lot further than that. I guess it's way late, but thanks for the hospitality." he looked a little tired, but the smile he wore seemed genuine enough.

Silverah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:30 am
Liam nodded very slowly, and moved to steeple his fingers together. "I... I remember the night you're talking about. The wake. At Andromache. Our friends were dying so fast that it was impossible to honor them all individually - epidemics are emotionally and financially exhausting. Everything went smoothly... and I think I would remember two of you."

So it would seem that Liam's memories were unaffected. He didn't seem like he liked that, like he liked not knowing what had happened.

"He was a good kid, that first you," said Liam. "Angry - but he had good reasons."

He sighed. "Everyone lives again in here. And again. What happened to the veil? How did you fix it? With the three principals dead, the cage should be crumbling... and yet... There is magic in this world. I can feel it all around me - but we are still bound up in cosmic clockwork."

Melancholies

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:48 am
    "Smoothly?" His eyebrows shot up, "That... that's good. It's-" he sighed out a breath of relief. "At the end--or well, every time Sibyl tried to speak--it felt like a bomb went off. Real loud. Real bad. I think that was just the memory resetting, though..." he shook his head as he tried to clarify, "We experienced that night, or I guess the moment, like... three times. It kept getting worse--there was another void that opened in the center of the place, and we eventually jumped in..."

His arms pulled back in to his body, resting on his legs, "You guys were unaware at first, but then you got real panicked. Renard grabbed this weird stone and drew all these runes but it didn't prevent anything. By the time the third reset came around everyone was just... despondent." He sighed.

"And um, about that..." he trailed off awkwardly, "When we jumped into the second void we... ended up in this space with everyone else--the us's from this time--and there was a book on how to make sigils..." he swallowed, "So. We made one. And things got ******** was there too. He helped us--or I guess he just... contributed. I dunno what the hell he was trying to do, but he let us keep that weird as hell rock thing. 'N now we're here." He finished up his explination a little awkwardly, looking at his hands in his lap like he'd done something wrong. Honestly, he was having doubts if it was right, but what else were they supposed to do?

Silverah

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces