[PRP] Good Vibrations [Deimos + Hawkin] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While wandering Civisect, Deimos discovers a wild Hawkin practicing his bass guitar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:15 am

Going from a forest to a city was a bit of a jarring experience. But of course, Deimos had been certain he'd be able to navigate without aaaaany troubles, and thus had not once stopped to ask for directions, or seek out some sort of city map. His lusus had attempted to get him to ask at least once, but Dei assured him they'd be fine! He'd figure it out sooner or later, how hard could it be to find a library?

It was not fine. It had been hours, and Dei wasn't even sure if he could find his way out of a haystack anymore. He wasn't going to admit that, though. Especially not to Thypion. Ooooh the look of "I told you so" he'd get would be permanently burned into his thinkpan for at least two months. Ugh. It seemed that Thypion was going to urge him to seek advice again. In an attempt to look like he knew what he was doing, Deimos veered off to the left down a street he was fairly certain he hadn't been down already. This left Thypion with no choice but to follow. Perfect.

About halfway down the road, he paused, picking up on some sort of strange sound. He started off toward it, only pausing briefly to lightly bat one of Thypion's muzzles away from his shirt. "Forget the library for a minute, I wanna see what this is." Scandalized, Thypion backed off for a moment. This gave Dei enough time to quickly shuffle on ahead toward the strange sound.

They definitely weren't the only ones here- plenty of trolls were passing by, but the sound was easy enough to locate. If the musical device the kid was using wasn't enough of a beacon, the brightly colored shirt they were wearing sure did it. Curiosity getting the better of him, Deimos moved closer until he was standing about two arm's lengths away from the kid.

"What's that called?" Now that he was closer, he rather liked that sound.

Unaru
whoop i got a bit carried away @ u @

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:52 pm
The skatepark had been closed that night. Hawkin had just found out about it as he tried to get in but was shooed away by some construction drones...more than once. All he had done the night before was make a little rumble! It made the ramp even sicker! The tealblood just couldn't wrap his thinkpan around why they'd close it down for construction.
Nonetheless at least Hawk had his bass with him. If he couldn't get some practice in at the park he'd at least glide around the streets a bit practicing his tunes. Papbeats was sitting on the tail of the board, happy that for once his child wasn't attempting some death defying stunts and instead just attempting a new chord on the guitar.
Hawkin wasn't paying the closest attention, used to other trolls merely parting to let him and his board through, so he had to make a sharp swerve around the other tealblood boy as he approached him.
"Woah, sorry about that bro," he said, making a full circle with his board before stopping in front of the kid. "What's this called?" he repeated the troll's question, shocked. "Dude, it's just a bass guitar. Like, all bands use them now. Sounds pretty sick right?" he said, strumming a couple chords again.

nepsah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:08 pm

On second thought he probably should've flagged him down before getting so close. Right. He needed to concentrate. His eyes focused on the instrument- bass guitar- then looked up to Static's face. "Oh. I guess I haven't paid attention to the names." Maybe he should pay that more mind... He nodded in agreement with Static's statement, actually leaning a little closer. He didn't really understand what he meant by 'sick' but assumed it was supposed to be a good thing. "I guess. Does it get louder? Is it hard to play?" So many questions, so little time. Thypion uttered a low sound behind him. Oh! "I'm Deimos. That's Thypion. What's your name?"

Unaru

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 pm
Hawkin continued to skate around the other tealblood as he strummed the bass. He wasn't anywhere near professional, but he definitely was proficient enough considering his age. ”Heck yeah it gets louder.” Hawkin grinned, ”But I need my amp for that. The way I can make my stem block vibrate man, it's like, woah.” This kid sure did use a very peculiar vernacular. ”It takes a lot of practice to be good at it bro, but I don't think it's that hard. Just takes time.” He shrugged, finally coming to a stop as Deimos introduced himself.
”Name's Hawkin, and this little dude here is my lusus Papbeats,” he said, looking down as his dizzied lusus. ”Nice to meet ya Dei bro. Live around here?” he asked, taking a moment to re-tune his bass guitar.

nepsah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Deimos watched as he circled, only moving his body when he couldn't turn his head any farther... though that was starting to make him dizzy. Thankfully, Hawkin came to a stop after a bit. "Amp?" The question was out for less than a second before he connected the dots-- amp, amplifier... so obvious. "It can do that?" Now that was intriguing. "Does it make stuff move? Like rattle around n fall off shelves." He held up his arms, wiggling his fingers in the air as if to mimic objects vibrating off of their shelves and falling to the floor. Now that could be fun.

He looked down to Papbeats, noting that the lusus did not seem to be having a fun time on that skateboard. Or maybe he was just... projecting his own momentary dizziness onto him. At Hawkin's question, he shook his head. "No, I live near Four Fronds. Much quieter than around here. Uh... most of the time."

Unaru

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 pm
The skating tealblood let out a small chuckle. "Yeah brah. If you crank the amp up high enough you can make the walls shake, it's pretty rad." Hawkin was tempted to demonstrate with his new found powers, but decided there wasn't enough fun in it to put forth the energy.
"Four Fronds?" He echoed, dully. "Quiet is boring man." He said with a shrug. Hawk could never stand silence. "Yo, you should hang 'round here more. Always something going on. Like that Space Tower biz," he said, chuckling softly again. "Dude, those fireworks were sick. How I got these too." He ran a couple fingers over the scars on his face proudly. "Civisect is a city that never sleeps."

nepsah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:50 am

Bro, brah... Dei was not entirely sure how he felt about the casual nicknames but he wasn't about to say anything about it just yet. Hawkin had interesting things to talk about even if he spoke in a really... strange way. "It's not always quiet. But I guess. My hive isn't quiet all the time so I wouldn't really know if its that boring." He shrugged. If the woods weren't making some sort of racket, he seemed to be.

He perked up at the mention of the Space Tower- now that was an interesting topic. "You were there?" Dei looked over the scars on his face- what exactly happened? He'd missed out on the entire thing but hadn't exactly gone digging into the matter. "Did you get fireworks to the face or somethin'?" He snorted in amusement, but.... the scars didn't exactly look burn-y. Maybe. What did he know about burn scars? "...Everyone here has trouble sleeping? " Of course, he'd taken what Hawkin said completely the wrong way. He'd blame it on his own lack of sleep later. "What do you all do during the day? How often do you get to sleep?"

Unaru

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:22 pm
Hawkin just chuckled as Dei took everything he said quite literally. At least he didn't seem as up tight as most of the trolls who takes everything he says literally. His mouth curled into a little grin when he was asked about the space ladders.
"Nah brah, floor that was above me caved in. Lotsa metal scrap, kinda hurt. I got out though, picked up a new trick that helped me too." Okay, maybe a small demonstration would be fine. The tealblood hopped off his skateboard, leaving Papbeats to lazily roll back and forth on it. Hawk started to shred as loudly as he could on the bass guitar. He was dropping some notes here and there from focusing on the vibrations, funneling those sound waves and the vibrations from city noise he channeled it down his body into the ground which began to quake a little, a crack or two snaking across the pavement. He stopped before he caused any real damage though. "Shook myself totally loose from the wreckage. It was intense man."

nepsah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:53 pm

He hadn't acknowledged the question that really mattered to him, but before he could really press more on the matter Hawkin was already talking about the space ladders again. "Kinda hurt?" He seemed skeptical at that. A floor caving in sounded like it would hurt a lot. He started to ask again about the sleeping issue this city seemed to face, but stopped when Hawkin started playing the bass. Aside from the few missed notes it sounded pretty nice, but he wasn't entire sure what Hawkin was doing-- oh.

The ground began to quake. Dei looked from Hawkin to the cracks now in the pavement, then back to the other kid again. "That..." He blinked, actually gawking a little (he'd deny it later, hell no). "That was cool...!" In a rare display of genuine interest, he clapped his hands together. "You did?? Did that hurt? Did the building collapse even more? Can you make other stuff crack apart??" He had so many questions, and very little filter to keep him from asking them all at once.

Unaru

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:18 pm
Hawk chuckled a little, pleased with the praise. It was a pretty neat trick as far as the tealblood thought. He hadn't really considered its uses for more than just some sick impromptu skate parks to be honest. "Doing it doesn't hurt, nah," he said with a shrug. "I just use sound to make thinks quake brah. Guess I could probably use it on other stuff. Now I just mostly use it to make some sick terrain for my board, heh."
He strummed a bit more on his bass guitar for emphasis, "The more sound I got to work with, the more I can make the ground rock and roll man. It's pretty sick."
It wasn't above Hawkin to show off, though somehow he still managed to do so while maintaining a modicum of modesty.

nepsah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 pm

"Sick is good right?" He needed to know- before he started getting even more confused. "Does it have to be big sounds? Um.." That was the wrong word- he frowned, expression changing to something akin to being stumped for a moment before he realized the word he'd really been going there. "I mean, uh, low? Like... That thing versus... a whistle." To demonstrate he whistled himself- it came out rather high pitched in comparison to a bass. It also seemed to catch Thypion's attention, though not for very long.

Unaru
i think we're prolly getting close to an end? maybe??

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 am
The tealblood chuckled again. "Yeah man, sick is good." He said flashing the shaka sign. He listened to Deimos trying to explain himself. Hawkin couldn't help but think how obvious it was that this kid was not from the city. It was nice to meet outsiders though, considering that Hawk didn't leave the city too often, not unless he was packing enough juice to make sure his entire trip would be filled with music.
"Ya mean the pitch brah? Nah, doesn't matter...I think," he said with shrug, "I just think the bass is hella tight. Got a mellow but hardcore thing going on. If you ever wanna come hang around and skate some time, I could totally show you how I make my own skate terrain." He knew not too many trolls were as obsessed with death defying stunts as he was, so to compromise and make friends Hawkin often defaulted to skate park shenanigans.

nepsah
Whenver you wanna wrap is fine with me! Hawk is a bum and will just chill around chatting until something dangerous catches his eye.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:26 am

"Pitch, yeah." He nodded- that was... definitely not the word he would've come up with to explain that. Maybe he should look into sound stuff more... "I like it more too. The high stuff is annoying but low sounds feel good." He nodded, absently patting at his chest as he spoke. Dei squinted a little at the suggestion- come skate? He didn't own a skateboard. Or blades or anything.

"I don't know how, but I could watch anyway?" He tilted his head slightly, "is it easy?"

Unaru
; D sounds good!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 am
"Yeah man, you get it," Hawk said with an approving nod, lighting tapping his chest with his fist to show solidarity in appreciation of sick bass beats. The tealblood absent-mindedly starting strumming some chords again as Dei explained his lack of, well, anything with wheels it sounded like.
"It takes practice," he replied with a shrug. He wasn't a liar, it took quite a bit of practice to become a good skater. But it wasn't HARD practice in Hawk's thinkpan. "Gotta start somewhere though. If you ever wanna go to Wackal's skateshop for a board lemme know. I'll help ya find a real rad one."

nepsah

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces