Show your Sink! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you try to sink gold actively?
  Yes
  No
  Once in a blue moon, I'll splurge on a fish.
View Results

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:04 am
I had an idea after seeing some anons leaving in their siggy how many gifts they've given and received.

How about listing in you signature how much money you have generated and sunk?

Generating gold is for instance by playing games like Lake Kindred or pinnball, while sinking gold is any activity that puts money out of circulation, like the tax in the marketplace(make sure to put GC purchase off!) or buying things from gold shops. Money that is already in circulation, say in the marketplace that you gain from sales, does not count towards generated gold.

And you only can count half of the marketplace taxes as your own sink. that should be split 50/50 between buyer and seller. So you can also count 2.5% of what you buy form the marketplace as sunk gold too!

Just to make it perhaps a little more fun, and noticeable, to sink gold out of the economy. Just hoarding it isn't a long-term solution.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:40 pm
At first you had my curiosity.
But now you have my attention
razz
DID SOMEONE SAY GOLD SINK!!!!

Sinking gold is my favorite thing to do emotion_awesome

But ask me to tally up how much and I'm not sure. Currently I just go by my store sales total which is at about 50T, that is pretty much accurate.

Currently I don't have many places to sink it without getting a decent return. I know that sounds selfish and materialistic outwardly, but as a professional gold sink, you have to spend the gold on items that can be resold in the MP, to continue drawing it out. You don't want to run out of items or gold or you will be stuck broke and unable to continue. You have to have gold to make gold I guess sweatdrop

Last week I bought a bunch of items, like thousands of items, and threw them in the dumpster. Bug jars, charm packs, Random gates, Ivan s garage sale, I was overwhelmed with thankyous, so that was awesome.

I don't care about the items or the price so sometimes I just give stuff away if I think it will make someone happy. I collect as much moderately valuable things as I can in case I need to do a give away or use as payment because I dont give gold. I invest my gold as much as I can and Loyals Bazaar has helped with that too. I still have hundreds of Loyals Shuffle, Project Old Schools, and gold LQIS to sell or giveaway when needed.

I wish more users would do like me. I was thinking of starting an army of Pwn. rofl
With enough people to hit the gold in the MP hard enough
If there is anyone who wants to join me, or learn I'd be happy to help.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:11 am
Pwnder
But ask me to tally up how much and I'm not sure. Currently I just go by my store sales total which is at about 50T, that is pretty much accurate..

Personally, I have a .txt document open next to my Gaia window whenever I'm on, and I just jot down every single little bit of gold. Do I buy fishing bait? Done. Did I get a prize from daily chance? Done. Oops, I voted in the forums again. 20kGG more. "You got 6 gold for surfing" again.

I have a total positive though, but once I start selling some of the stuff I have gathered that I have beyond max equip of that item, and sell of some of the RIGs I get from LK or whatever I should start to get in the negatives. From I started recording, I have generated half a billion gold, but in the grand scheme of things, that's not so bad. I haven't really started to try sinking any gold.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:59 am
how would you even show how much gold you ever sank? im not sure thats even possible.
maybe a script can be wrote for this but im not sure even that would work.  

CARL0S-X3

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:23 pm
Now that I think about it I have been keeping some track of what I draw out. Pretty much only the auction events I hold, but here are the stats I have recorded:
10/22/2016 = 3.45T
10/26/2016 = 7.095T
11/14/2016 = 381B
11/23/2016 = 1.092T
11/23/2016 = 5.645T
12/9/2016= 1,787T
12/17/2016= 1,739

Total so far = 21.184T

That is not counting the auctions I hold in between the vend events, so I'm quite sure that my sink count is around my vend total 58,407,899,710,768g since I don't buy much from the MP and I have done tons of off MP sales as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:53 am
I probably wouldn't want to keep track of every single piece of gold I generate or sink. cat_gonk Since I'm probably one of the richer Gaians on this site (probably around a trillion gold at this point counting my mule accounts), counting every 1g would take more time than I can spare. But I was actually keeping track of what prizes I'm getting from the Daily Chance and Lake Kindred, mostly to create a list of what you're most likely to get (though maybe someone's already done one), so I could just figure out the average I generate from Daily Chance and Lake Kindred a day (which are the main generators for me), then make an estimate of how much I'm sinking from selling those DC and Lake Kindred items in the Marketplace (and I always turn GC purchase off), and probably get a pretty close estimate without constantly recalculating it. It's not like I want to break exactly even anyway, I want to sink more than I generate. cat_razz Gets more complicated with mule accounts though. cat_ninja

I mostly sink using the Marketplace, since I don't want to just dump it somewhere without assigning some kind of function to it first, and I can be one of those sellers that lists things considerably cheaper than anyone else (I'm getting the items for free from DC and Lake Kindred, so no cost to get them). I'll sometimes list items cheaper than what would be worth it to me personally (versus donating to Dumpster Dive) just so there are reasonably priced listings (or often be the only listing) in the Marketplace so people looking for that item specifically can easily find it (plus the 5% tax sink). If there are a lot of cheap listings already (for me, "cheap" can be worth millions), I'll probably just donate it.

I'd join a Pwnder army. User Image Of course, I also wouldn't know what would be involved. cat_ninja  

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:27 pm
Kangit
I probably wouldn't want to keep track of every single piece of gold I generate or sink. cat_gonk Since I'm probably one of the richer Gaians on this site (probably around a trillion gold at this point counting my mule accounts), counting every 1g would take more time than I can spare. But I was actually keeping track of what prizes I'm getting from the Daily Chance and Lake Kindred, mostly to create a list of what you're most likely to get (though maybe someone's already done one), so I could just figure out the average I generate from Daily Chance and Lake Kindred a day (which are the main generators for me), then make an estimate of how much I'm sinking from selling those DC and Lake Kindred items in the Marketplace (and I always turn GC purchase off), and probably get a pretty close estimate without constantly recalculating it. It's not like I want to break exactly even anyway, I want to sink more than I generate. cat_razz Gets more complicated with mule accounts though. cat_ninja

I mostly sink using the Marketplace, since I don't want to just dump it somewhere without assigning some kind of function to it first, and I can be one of those sellers that lists things considerably cheaper than anyone else (I'm getting the items for free from DC and Lake Kindred, so no cost to get them). I'll sometimes list items cheaper than what would be worth it to me personally (versus donating to Dumpster Dive) just so there are reasonably priced listings (or often be the only listing) in the Marketplace so people looking for that item specifically can easily find it (plus the 5% tax sink). If there are a lot of cheap listings already (for me, "cheap" can be worth millions), I'll probably just donate it.

I'd join a Pwnder army. User Image Of course, I also wouldn't know what would be involved. cat_ninja

Yeah, well I don't think most activities generate that much gold anyway. From recording for 4 days, I've only counted a little over a hundred GG from surfing, less than 100k in voting and forum posting each, but half a billion from low-end LK playing, and roughly 5million from DC. Considering vending LK loot generates substantial tax, I've sunk over 50m (in my share of the taxes) from time of begun recording, I think you can safely ignore surfing generation and forum posting, unless you're the kind who posts a hundred posts a day or something.

I've also been recording LK drops and DC items, with frequency, just to know where to go if I need some more of that specific item. My dad thinks I'm insane, jotting down all my gold and monster-drops, but I think it's nice.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 pm
CARL0S-X4
how would you even show how much gold you ever sank? im not sure thats even possible.
maybe a script can be wrote for this but im not sure even that would work.

I just jot down everything in a .txt document I have open next to my Gaia window. I only know my balance since 12.16.16, but that's not too shabby.  

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:48 am
Pantherea Leonis
Kangit

Yeah, well I don't think most activities generate that much gold anyway. From recording for 4 days, I've only counted a little over a hundred GG from surfing, less than 100k in voting and forum posting each, but half a billion from low-end LK playing, and roughly 5million from DC. Considering vending LK loot generates substantial tax, I've sunk over 50m (in my share of the taxes) from time of begun recording, I think you can safely ignore surfing generation and forum posting, unless you're the kind who posts a hundred posts a day or something.

I've also been recording LK drops and DC items, with frequency, just to know where to go if I need some more of that specific item. My dad thinks I'm insane, jotting down all my gold and monster-drops, but I think it's nice.

I don't do a lot of surfing around the site, so I'd probably get even less than 100g for browsing, and at this point, I'm probably not generating anything from voting in polls, because for some reason, every time I try, I get an error (I may want to report it at some point). I don't do a lot of posting, either in the forums or guilds, so not much there (I often don't even post a single time during a day).

If the Daily Chance and Lake Kindred only gave out gold, I probably wouldn't bother playing them (unless I wanted to record the average payout, but I'd probably immediately sink it), since I'm mostly going for the more valuable items so I can sell them in the Marketplace. They probably give out enough higher-end items to make up for the gold grants.

If other people are doing it too, perhaps I should finish compiling my list of Daily Chance, Lake Kindred, and Chance Items so other people can see what gives out what items, and how frequently I get them. Given that I'm also multiplying it from the data I get from my many mule accounts, I can probably collect data on it faster than the average person. User Image

My family thinks I'm insane (or at least wasting my time) just for being here. cat_razz I don't think they know the details of me jotting down my gold generating and LK drops. Personally, I think I learned a few useful non-Gaia skills by being here though (graphics editing, for example).  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:55 pm
1.966T drawn out of the economy today heart

Problem is, I have no where to dump it emo

🎶 Stittin' on a fat, 18 trill egg🎵
🎵Tempurature on Gaia is too cold to hatch 🎶
🎶 It's gonna sit there waiting getting bigger til the warm air comes🎵

GFD I need a gold sink!!! emotion_donotwant  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:18 pm
4.245+Trillion from my vend today sweatdrop

Finding a place big enough to dump it is nowhere in sight emo  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:54 am
Pwnder

You could buy things that have cash options to keep people from using cash. then turn around and sell them back. Not a big sink but it's duel purpose  

lief_7

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:56 am
lief_7
Pwnder

You could buy things that have cash options to keep people from using cash. then turn around and sell them back. Not a big sink but it's duel purpose

I'm not sure if follow what you mean. Elaborate plz : heart:  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:16 pm
Pwnder
lief_7
Pwnder

Well if you have 4 tril in gold then you could buy high priced MP items that have a cash option. This removes the ability for someone to use cash on it and sinks the 5% gold from the transaction. then turn around sell them (probably for a lesser amount if you want to sink it) but this time with no cash option. then when it's sold you've eliminated another 5%. Nothing crazy just getting rid of cash options is all. and sinking 5% twice. and of course then repeate until you have sunk the deired amount of gold. Could be a lot fo work though so I don't know if it' worth it but 5% of 4.245 tril is 212Bil so if nothing else that's not a bad way to sink 200 bil  

lief_7

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:33 pm
lief_7
Pwnder
lief_7
Pwnder

Well if you have 4 tril in gold then you could buy high priced MP items that have a cash option. This removes the ability for someone to use cash on it and sinks the 5% gold from the transaction. then turn around sell them (probably for a lesser amount if you want to sink it) but this time with no cash option. then when it's sold you've eliminated another 5%. Nothing crazy just getting rid of cash options is all. and sinking 5% twice. and of course then repeate until you have sunk the deired amount of gold. Could be a lot fo work though so I don't know if it' worth it but 5% of 4.245 tril is 212Bil so if nothing else that's not a bad way to sink 200 bil

I was wondering if that is what you meant.
Unfortunately buying with GC only generates gold. If I did it that way I wouldn't be having any effect on the MP. If you haven't read everything in my MP GC option thread then you would see why that wouldn't be a desirable way to handle it. I wouldn't be taking gold from users, I'd just be taking it from the system and that 5% tax isn't real. It has to come from currently existing gold on user accounts.  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff