Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[Void] An End, To All Things Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:05 am
You're falling.

Temperance and Zac lose the version of Jeremiah which came from the 1980s moments after grabbing hold of him.

The crew that jumped in after Sunny is missing their witch.

And they're falling, falling, falling into the dark. They go down, quickly, picking up speed until they suddenly aren't anymore.

They touch down. Not in Sunday's library. Not in any place they recognize.

The room doesn't seem to have walls. Around them is enough light to see, but not enough to tell any details about the empty space. They can see the hardwood floor around them for a good ten feet, but beyond that: nothing. It doesn't matter how far they walk in any direction: there is only the floor, only the others with them, and only--

On the floor: a knife, a thick chisel Sharpie pen.

You know what you must do.

Sunday's voice echoes in their heads. It is flavorless.

Fix the rift.

On the floor: a notebook. The cover says Heliodora Winters. Inside, a list of symbols and their meanings. An explanation of how to form a sigil.

Around the group that has passed into the rift is a feeling of tangible magic. A knowing that they can do anything they put their minds to in this space: even raise walls or furniture.

Even produce a whole other world.

It all depends on what they want to do.

Quote:
Quote "shibrogane" with every post where your character changes the surroundings or interacts with provided materials. For clarity, please write in your quote exactly what your character is trying to do.

Feel free to create PRPs within the "void": a desire for privacy is something it can accommodate!

Your debuffs are gone. Your powers are fully back. Your hit points have not changed.

endejester
The Semblance of Unity
Preacher AND Temperance, dang
kyllswitch
Daekie
Prolixity
quite uneventful

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:55 am
Alexis Tucker / 22 HP

Alexis wastes no time -- when they land, seeing Zac, they make headway -- everything else is secondary, Zac is Good and needs to be kept safe -- wait. Wait. Oh, they're disassociating, aren't they. Huh. That...makes a lot of sense, actually. They should fix that.

They can't, but they can make their way back to a higher level of consciousness in which they're the one directly interacting with reality, so that works well enough. It'll have to. They have to fix things.

("Are you okay," Alexis asks him desperately, ignoring the blood on their lips and the niggling at the back of their mind -- wait. Wait. If they can -- if they can just -- )

shibrogane
alexis is attempting to summon water to manipulate! like, a lot of it.

MASS QUOTE TO JUST SAY: Alexis' Predator's Gaze power is back! This manifests as an AOE around Alexis where you just feel Anxious and Ill At Ease. Hi everyone have an anxiety aura from ur new friend Alexis.
endejester
ZAAAAAAAC
The Semblance of Unity
kyllswitch
Prolixity
quite uneventful
sorry vero u can go do rational things

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:25 am
Preacher Maria 22/22

"What the ********' cockshit... Sunny!" Preacher cupped her hands around her mouth, yelling into the darkness. And was promptly interrupted by Sunday's voice. Wrong voice, she thought sourly, than paused. They could still do the sigil? But sunny, but the focal point, the power...was gone. Alexis had immediately skipped over to the other little group and somehow it felt less weird not having to see their mouth - which was a rather uncharitable thought.

Nevertheless, she strode over to the knife (sword, right?), and picked it up. Heliowhatsit was the chick Zac was concerned about and she glanced over at the notebook. Preacher had noticed he was here, but now wasn't a time to socialize, though she shot him a look with raised eyebrows. She flipped the knife in her hands, sighing.

"Alexis the ******** you doing? You know we gotta finish it!" She glanced over at Vero, too, and saw a few others she recognized. Talk was cheap when they needed to move.

--------------------

Temperance Clark 22/22

She gasped. Jeremiah was gone, but there was a blackness all around them, not unlike before. A voice spoke above them and quite frankly, Temperance had no idea what to do. She thought the whole bomb thing would work. But then she was falling into the rift because she'd refused to let Zac go alone. At least he was actually here. Temperance opened her mouth to ask if he was alright, when someone else beat her to the punch.

Her eyes narrowed at Alexis. "You," she said. "-are bleeding. Are you alright, is there any pain, where is the wound?"

shibrogane
preacher taking the knife-o

endejester
daekie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:39 am
“Oh…Oh s**t…Oh s**t, oh s**t.” Zac says over and over again.
Jerimiah is missing, pulled right out of the memory. Did he go back?? Did they ruin things?!

He’s breathing a little fast, eyes wide as he turns to take in the people who are there with him. He knows some of them at least.

He reaches out and brushes a hand against Alexis’s arm, almost apologetic but grounding he hopes because someone needs to be level headed and he’s trying so hard to be that person. It looks like Temperance is doing it better though.

“I… do you think these tools are tied to the parts of the symbol? “

He glances around.

“We should be careful with these tools, but -" the thought breaks off as he glances them over, and the new comers again.

“…We could, we can help Sunny, We can make her not crazy again, we could do that AND stabilize the world.”

He’s tempted to reach for the knife, but at the same time, he doubts he’d be using it for its intended purpose right now. The chisel though brings something Heliodora said to mind though he cautiously reaches for the notebook.

"Give me a second before we start grabbing things. I... I want to see if it says anything about people being bound to those rolls before we go grabbing things ok?"

The S3mblance of Unity

sh1brogane
Picking up the notebook - barring other effects from doing so, opening it to examine

da3kie

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:23 pm
          veronica villanueva - 23/23
          +2 persuasion
          +1 athleticism/combat rolls
      That same, empty, weightless feeling of nothing surrounded her again. As her heels clicked to the ground, Veronica's hands released the others, stumbling slightly before regaining her balance. She looked around the room-- Or... It was completely blank. Veronica could feel her insides clench. Everything felt so small around her, so constricting. Her eyes landed on the items on the floor, throat constricting, finding it extremely hard to breathe, to relax. She measured her breaths, timing them to still her beating heart-- Before the voice echoed her head. Not just any voice. Sunday's voice. The knife, a sharpie, a book. Veronica needed a moment.

There was a heavy weight resting upon all of their shoulders, and she felt her insides churn at the thought of what they were to do, there. All she knew was they were to create a sigil and from then-- From then...

She didn't know. Veronica struggled to keep herself calm. She slid her hand to squeeze her other hand, feeling particularly nervous and anxious. There was so much to do, and they only knew the basics. The book... Was already being flipped through. By someone she didn't know. They did look familiar, though... Alexis was there, but they seemed preoccupied. And bleeding. Vero winced again, looking away and steadying her breathing. He spoke, but the words went in one ear and out the next. She tried to relax. "W-what can I do?" She asked around, unsure, wanting to do something to take off the heavy sense of dread on her shoulders-- Anything.

endejester
who u??

Daekie
TY FOR ABANDONING. REAL SMOOTH, LEXIS

The Semblance of Unity
preacher is great ok

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:39 pm
Alexis Tucker / 22 HP

Alexis paused, looked very pointedly at Temperance, and pulled up one of their lips with a finger so she could see their multitude of Murderteeth. Their hands were still shaky, a little, and they nicked a finger on the way up, but -- it was just blood. Blood was blood.

They dropped the lip. "'m fine. Don't worry about it."

Back to Preacher, and then moving to Zac: "I wanted to check on him." And again, focus, trying to pull out water from nothing, to have their power in full a way they'd never felt before. If they leaned around Zac's shoulder to try and read, well, that was all on them. But mostly they just --

Alexis felt powerful here. They wanted to see if they could feel what it would be like, to have an ocean running through their veins. The sigils would come when Zac told them what to do, because they trusted him, and he was the learned one here.

The Semblance of Unity
preacher u rude

shibrogane
again, working to summon water to be controlled w/ noble power. Lotsa waterio

endejester

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:05 pm
Alexis successfully summons a ******** of water. It deluges upon them, clings to them like a dog pleased to see its owner, swamping their twenties-era clothes and turning them awkwardly drippy.
Daekie
U got water

The first page of the notebook is a (relatively) concise explanation of the sigil they know: the crown, sword, and stars of the Seal. The next page is a dense three-column list of symbols and their meanings, as interpreted by Jennifer, Ming, Heliodora, Michael, and Adoelle (the O in Adoelle is shaped like a heart). There's not enough time to do more than scan for likely prospects, especially as there's a whole group that has to talk it out first.
endejester
U got book

The Semblance of Unity
U got knife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:38 am
Preacher Maria | 22/22

"Congrats," she said sarcastically to Alexis. "You done checked." She pointedly ignored the water. Preacher could have laughed about the whole situation, though. You know what to do. Was Sunday ******** being purposefully dense 'cause Preacher was flying blind, doin' s**t because it seemed like maybe it might work. She didn't know anything. Idly, she twirled the knife in her hand. It'd be good for the whole 'blood for tha blood god' part.

Finally, fed up, she looked up at the sky - or, in this case, the void. "Are you ********' kiddin', Sunday? Know what to do - no. I need step by ********' step directions! 1 - draw the glyphs, be the goddamn glyphs, eat the damn glyphs until you forget who the heckie deckie you are or somethin'. 2 - find a magic, except SUNNY AIN'T HERE. 3 - magic the magic until it does thing. THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE." Preacher took a deep breath and muttered a few more strangely descriptive curse words under her breath.

"Alright, Zac, ******** - who knows how the s**t we go 'bout this?"

------------------------------------

Temperance Clark | 22/22

"Interesting," she said of Alexis' teeth. And they were right, it seemed to be only a minor flesh wound, but Temperance had seen blood and that always merited a quick check. She blinked as a few stray drops spattered her face. "You're wet." Must be some sort of magic thing, perhaps.

Finally, she looked at Preacher. "You can feel it though - I don't think we, um, need Sunny here. It's like this space is her. It's full of magic. We just do exactly what you said, I guess." She didn't really know; Temperance had never been terribly in tune with other Ashdown's magic. She wished there was a strategy guide. She rubbed her fingers together, peeking at Zac's notebook before striding over to the Sharpie, the brand name seeming somehow out of place here, like finding Hunt's ketchup in space.

"You-" She gestured to Vero. "Let's draw some glyphs. We draw, someone I suppose bleeds a bit - no sacrificing, please." She reached down and grabbed the Sharpie.

"What do we draw - the stars, crown, swords? Zac, help." She'd seen them in his notebook and seen them around enough she could produce a facsimile. Maybe. She wasn't a great artist.

------------------------

shibrogane
preacher yelling @ sunday, temperance grabbing sharpie cuz y not
quite uneventful
endejester
daekie

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:06 am
Alexis Tucker / 22 HP

Alexis sighs, cracks their knuckles, and makes a sharp gesture towards Preacher; in conjunction with their hand movement, plenty of the water heads at her with reasonable force.

It's just going to knock her on her a**, really, no damage meant. They've honed their control enough for that. (And she'll be drenched, too, which gives them some amount of vindictive pleasure.)

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
WANDERIN' FREE, WISH I COULD BE, PART OF UR WORLD /sends a wave at preacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:05 am
          veronica villanueva - 23/23
          +2 persuasion
          +1 athleticism/combat rolls
      Water simply came almost out of nowhere and surrounded, no-- Clinged to Alexis like a second skin. Veronica still wasn't over it, honestly, but there wasn't much she could do but sort-of inspect what was around them. Preacher started yelling at the void and was soon drenched by Alexis, a soft giggle bursting from her mouth out of pure shock. It lightened the tension, somehow. What Preacher said was true, however. They didn't know what to draw. Eyes snapping to the woman who gestured at her, Veronica opened her mouth, closed it, then thought a second. "We can't use those," Veronica said quickly, before any mistakes were made-- "Those glyphs have already been used." She sounded like a broken record, repeating Asiya for the umpteenth time. "They told us that on our side. We have to create our own." She stated-- "I-I, um, just wouldn't know what. Would you guys have an idea?" Vero asked, approaching them and staring intently at the book, wanting to have a turn reading whatever was in there.

endejester
important info!!!

Daekie
lexis why

The Semblance of Unity
giggle @ preach, tempy ur cute (also info!!)

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:59 am
Zac Bantock - 21/21
+2 persuasion

“It’s got a list here of other symbols, three columns, I…” He hesitated and watched wide eyed as Alexis was surrounded suddenly by water. “Um…” He hesitated.

“OK, everyone breathe.” He said holding up a hand. “My name is Zac, if we haven’t met properly before, if you are new to this.” He turned to glance at Veronica. “You mean, because the symbols are used, it won’t work if we use the ones they used before?”

He swallowed hard and nodded in appreciation for the information.
“s**t…” He hissed and glanced down at the book.

“So we have to pick symbols that will fix the, the rift the veil the… the thing. I should look and see if the choice of tool is important and, and before I think there were certain types of people. “Before I know it was at least one MoonWalker, a ‘Noble’ and um… I think Heliodora was human but, I’m not totally sure to be honest.”

He swallowed hard.

“And before at least Heliodora was stuck in that place in Other Ashdown, that’s why a lot of you might never have met her, so we do need to be careful.”

He frowned slightly and did a glance down the symbols just to see if there were any runes, if nothing else he wondered if his recollection of them wasn’t from something like this happening before that he just couldn’t remember, though it would be rather eerie if the stone that had melted into his hand and taken up residence was tied to this to be fair.

shibrogane
Explaining s**t, but glancing to see if there is anything familiar aka the runes from the library and the stone incident

quite uneventful
bless you!!

Daekie
Thou art dubbed - 'SoggyBottom' (no not really)

The Semblance of Unity
umbrella time!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:15 pm
Kell Braumeister- 18/18
+2 combat

Kell looked around in awe. Not quite sure who everyone is, she stepped a bit back from the crowd. Zac was making a little more sense of the situation. New symbols, new people? Was she ready for that? Why did she feel so anxious? Blood was dripping a bit from her nose, but when wiped away it had already stopped.

"Um so there were three people last time. Like this time? Is it new people? Do we know anything about them?" She queried quietly from behind Zac."I'm....I'm Kell. I don't know much about the last time, but I worked at the paper a few days here so I know there are missing people. And I heard that we need new symbols, but do we replace the people?"

Pulling out her sketchbook she flipped to the sigil page and wrote the three "names". A little surprised at how many words had come out of her mouth, she blushed a bit and gave a meek smile towards the rest.

endejester
um hi

kyllswitch

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm
Zac Bantock - 21/21
+2 persuasion.

“…. F-Four.” He said after a moment of blinking at the sudden rush of questions.
“There were four, but most people don’t know that. I found it in a book. One is missing, and might be dead, the other three, well, they are definitely dead, I don’t know what happened for sure to Michael, he was a moon walker but, Adoelle, her throat was cut in a creepy ceremony and…” He hesitated and took a breath, made a choice.

“Heliodora had her throat cut too. Sunny told me. So there is risk here.”

He glanced down at the book and then back to the tools in concern. Four pieces rather matched up with four people who had given themselves to the old symbol too.

“Not really something you’re going to see covered in the paper though.” He added after a moment. “There is a lot of back story but I’m trying to keep it to the basis, I don’t know for sure how much time we have. Does that help some?”

He glanced back to the others gathered.

“Does anyone else have information? I mean the more we know maybe I can find the right things to use.”

kyllswitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:25 pm
Jordan Miller - 21/21

Absurdly, stupidly, the first thought that flits across Jordan's mind as he lands in the potential-filled in-between space is that his clothes have been left behind in another time, and he's glad he hung onto his phone, but damn, he liked that sweater and it's gone. He's pretty sure they're not going back. There are much bigger things to worry about, he reminds himself.

"So if it was a Moonwalker and a Noble, was that the stars and the crown?" he hazards a guess in Zac's general direction. "What does the sword mean? Do you think the symbols have to represent people?"

He hesitates half a moment, then goes to offer Preacher a hand up, halfway sure she won't accept it; he gives Alexis a worried sideways glance, unsure as to whether they'll take offense. The thing with the water should be kind of mind-blowing, but the time travel and the weird looping and glitching in time and the half-defined space in the void has made impossible things seem way less bizarre than before. His standards for weird have been seriously altered.

endejester

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:37 pm
The Semblance of Unity
Preacher got knife
Temp got sharpie

The water seems unwilling to attack another resident of this halfway space. It swirls around Alexis, half-lurches towards Preacher, but falters halfway and returns to cluster tight around Alexis's shins.

Daekie
Nop

The symbols are tightly packed. None of them jump out aside from the crown, the thorn, and the stars: circles and swords, too. Looking to the several pages of list won't help, it seems, but going in looking for a specific meaning might help.

quite uneventful
Are ya lookin for some kind of specific glyph meanings?
endejester
Are ya lookin for some kind of specific glyph meanings?

kyllswitch

Prolixity

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas