Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:38 pm
    Nuclear Family

"Wait." Somehow, Oliver hadn't noticed the extra cargo until they were well on their way home from the haunted house. Sure, the tiny black kitten was well secured and nestled in his arms, but why the hell did Elliot bring the dog? It was a cute dog, but Eli didn't like dogs, and Ollie didn't like dogs, so why was there a dog? "Why... did you bring the dog."

The kitten, meanwhile, was purring very loudly, like a motorboat on the highest setting.

saedusk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:23 am
Nuclear Family

It was a legitimate question, one Elliot had been asking himself since he made the executive (read: split second) decision to take the puppy with them, too. There was no doubt he'd be able to care for it, at least as far as paying for food, vet bills, and whatever else he needed was concerned—it sure was nice having well-to-do parents—but he knew jack s**t about actual care or training. Honestly, this was all assuming he kept it, anyway.

"Well, I couldn't just leave it," he huffed as if it were the most obvious answer in the world, thanks for asking. "It followed us into that dark room, someone might have trampled it. Is that what you want, Oliver, baby dog blood on your hands?"

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:27 pm
    Nuclear Family

"Uh." Was his graceful response. "Uhh," was what came next, followed by a third, "Uhh..." which proved that no, Oliver did not care about baby dog blood, because why would he? Now, baby kitten blood, that was a tragedy waiting to happen, and it wouldn't even take Shakespear to strangle his heartstrings for it.

"Well, it's your house." Technically their apartment, but Elliot was footing most of the rent. Sure, Ollie paid for his pets and did most (read: all) of the chores, but it didn't dissuade the fact that he needed to find a job. "I just never pegged you for a dog person."

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:02 pm
Nuclear Family

"Eloquent," remarked Eli. It was obvious Oliver's response wasn't hesitant in any humane sense. There was no real internal debate on whether or not puppies actually mattered. That was fine, because Elliot told him next, "I'm not a dog person at all." So really, his response would've been about the same.

"I'm not necessarily keeping him. There are probably some decent shelters around here." Then he remembered this was Ashdown, not San Francisco. "Well, maybe. Though I did come up with a pretty good name for him."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:28 pm
    Nuclear Family

"So you're taking him home just to give him away?" he narrowed his eyes, "Only the type of plan I could imagine Elliot Labelle coming up with." he laughed the sound short and harsh and abrupt. Maybe a little amused.

"I think I got a name for the cat too." he said proudly, looking down at the kitten in his arms. "Anyway, you first. The name or whatever."

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:56 pm
Nuclear Family

"I haven't decided yet, give me a break." Despite his complaints, he hardly sounded ruffled. In fact, it was more like he was playing along. "Either way it's a better plan than 'let the pup be trampled.' Don't you think?" he asked said pup, holding him up and looking him in the eye. For that, Eli earned a wiggle and an enthusiastic awoowoowoo.

"Yes, quite. Anyway, as I was saying, Pascal is the perfect name for him." Eli sounded too pleased as he tucked the tiny aussie back against his chest. "Lets see you top that, Oliver."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:00 pm
    Nuclear Family

Oliver hmm'd and haw'd at the name. Sure, Pascal was pretty cute; could he top that? Possibly. Naturally. Of course.

"Nosey." he said triumphantly as he inspected the kitten. She purred. "It's short for nosegay." as if to top Elliot's earnings, Oliver earned a murble and an obnoxiously squeaky mewl.

He got distracted wiggling his finger in front of the kitten's face, watching as she took delight in batting it. He smiled.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:07 pm
Nuclear Family

"Nosegay is absolutely the strangest combination of words anyone could've used to describe something as beautiful as a flower," Eli stated matter-of-factly, sounding haughty as ever. He seemed to pay no mind to how distracted Ollie was. "I'm just not sure it's really cuter than Pascal. I think this round goes to me, darling."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:09 pm
    Nuclear Family

"Aren't you just the cutest?." Oliver seemed completely ignorant of whatever it was that Elliot was saying. "Well, you're not cuter than Chai, but you're up there." he wiggled his finger some more, taking delight when Nosey latched on and bit. Even the nibble was tender and kind. She was a sweetheart.

"I love you oh my god." Ollie was absolutely beside himself.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:15 pm
Nuclear Family

It took Elliot no less than two seconds to realize he was being ignored in favor of a kitten—a cute kitten, sure, but a kitten nonetheless. If there was one thing he hated, it was when no one was looking at him. "Excuse me, Oliver, are you even listening? You'll have all the time in the world to play with Nosey when I'm not trying to hold a conversation with you."

Melancholiessss

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:17 pm
    Nuclear Family

"Oh?" Oliver finally looked over to Elliot, "Did you say something?" the look on his face implied that his question was one hundred percent genuine with his question. He had been completely unaware of any attempts at conversation.

"Should've spoken up then." he turned back to the cat with a tiny smile.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:16 pm
Nuclear Family

"I did speak up," Elliot said with a loud huff, "I'm not sure why I should have to vie for your attention when we were in the middle of a conversation. And I-" he hesitated shortly, "Oliver. Oliver, are you listening to me?" He snapped his fingers near Ollie's ear, prompting a small bep out of Pascal.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:03 pm
    Nuclear Family

Oliver was in the process of stuffing his entire face into Nosey's soft fur. She purred, and seemed pretty damn happy about this whole thing.

"Huh?" he looked up at Elliot, expression slightly dazed. "'Course.", which was to say not at all.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:17 pm
Nuclear Family

"Okay, I call bullshit. You're obviously not listening at all." With a dramatic flourish of his hand—and another bepbep from Pascal whose back legs were kicking as he tried to deal with the whole no hand properly supporting his bum thing—Eli picked up the pace. "I'll just leave you back there to enjoy your time with Nosey and not with me, then."

Sure, he was being a brat, but when wasn't he?

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:22 pm
    Nuclear Family

Oliver blinked.

"Oh." and after a moment, "Well, alright. For all your shortcomings, I never took you for the type to get riled over pet jealousy."

He rolled his eyes, "I'll be here whenever you get over it." he proceeded to pet Nosey's delicate fur some more, brushing his finger down the bridge of her nose. He wouldn't mind the solitude.

saedusk

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces