[PRP] Magical Studies [Jeremiah/Juniper] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:53 pm
She had a Saturday off. The world had to be coming to an end. Well, she almost had to go in, but kept herself from answering her phone when work called. If she had picked up, she knew she would have been swayed into going in. Today though, she had other plans and she was already heading out to the meet-up point.

The fall day was cool and windy, but Juniper had been unperturbed by it. In fact, she had opted to just wearing a pair of jeans, a lightweight pink sweater, and white sneakers. She looked fashionable but certainly wasn't as decked out with fall gear like many of the people she passed on the street. In fact, she wondered if people were over exaggerating with their thicker sweater, coats and fall scarves. Ah, well. At least it wasn't raining.

But then, the streets themselves seemed to be getting backlogged with water as pitch as black form the drain systems.

Not to mention, she still was thinking about her meeting with Liam.

s**t was really going down.

Arriving at the meet-up point just outside of the park she glanced at her phone, she had arrived early. Juniper flopped down onto a nearby bench to wait for Jeremiah.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:38 am
Jeremiah was always dressed in layers and overly so. Yet he was that way year round at this point that had nothing to do with the weather and everything to do with the fact that he was perpetually chilled. He arrived a minute behind Juniper, walking up with his hands in his pockets and a scarf around his neck.

It took him a moment to realize who Juniper was (as he had not seen her since the ball) before he was lifting a hand in greeting and walked towards the bench. Apparently that fetch was not quite done yet when it came to creating more work for him (he was not complaining; it kept him from being idle).

"Juniper," he said pleasantly. "Good to see you again."

Kolina

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:55 pm
Juniper turned at the sight of Jeremiah, a smile on her face. "Same! Thank you so much for taking the time to come out and help me." She pushed a stray piece of hair out of her face as the wind whipped it around. "I am sure it's not something you want to do on one of your days off."

"Oh, and congrats on your promotion!" She said happily. "I bet you're excited about it." She stuffed her hands in her front jean pockets and rocked back onto her heels.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 pm
"I usually do," he responded with ease. This was not a man who was easy smiles that she had met previously but there was warmth to him at least, even if he was bundled up against cold. "Usually with my husband but he's grading papers for the moment and that's left me with some time."

Jeremiah gave her a polite nod of thanks to the congratulations, his blue-green eyes looking around briefly before focusing back on her. "You could say that. It certainly keeps me busy and that is something that I am eternally grateful for." It takes a moment but he shifts, posture relaxing a little. "Do you have something in mind for when go? A goal perhaps of what you'd like to achieve?"

Kolina

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:37 am
Juniper wasn't sure what was wrong with Jeremiah. Maybe he was stressed with his new job? Or perhaps something else was going on? Whatever it was, he didn't appear as relaxed, carefree and well...charming as he had when she met him in Other Ashdown. Now he seemed more on edge, colder, and somewhat disinterested? It was putting Juniper a little on edge herself.

At his question she bit her lower lip. She hadn't necessarily had a plan, but...well...come to think of it. "I...could actually use help on strengthening my focus." She thought back to her time with Kess and the issues she had to work her way around to focus enough to produce her little vines. "I get distracted or have a tough time willing the magic to occur."

It was odd really. She thought she'd be better at it considering her meditation and yoga practice, but she couldn't take minutes to focus or calm herself down if she was in a pinch. She needed it to become more natural and comfortable to do. "I am not sure if that's something you can help me with but, it's definitely a problem I need to work on."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:34 am
"That is something I can help actually." Jeremiah gave her a small smile, the slightest twitch upwards of his lips. It was meant to be reassuring and it made him look more like he had been the first time they had met. Mostly it was done because he could tell she was a touch ill at ease with him.

It wasn't surprising. The fetch had been either a charming man or a b*****d with no morals.

His eyes move off of her, looking around for something to catch his attention- a place where the veil was thin and they could cross over. "Let's walk around here a bit to see if there's a crossover. You can tell me what you have been able to do, if anything, and it'll help me get an idea of what you're working towards."

Kolina

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:49 pm
"Great." Juniper responded to Jeremiah's small smile with a hesitant one of her own. Why does this feel like an awkward first meeting? It was so strange. The first time they had met hadn't been anything like this. In fact, it had been very warm and interactive. This was just...almost painful?

As suggested, Juniper walked with Jeremiah. As the man began to look for whatever it was he could see that would indicate an entrance into Other Ashdown she began rattling off her very little experience with performing magic. "Well...I managed to help heal Hux up a bit at the ball. It...wasn't anything spectacular and really I was so worried about him actually being seriously injured that I was intensely focused on helping him. Rabbit helped me with what I should do. Um....and I've sort of learned how to grow plants from seedlings. I learned that with someone in Other Ashdown. Her name was Kess. It was during that interaction that I realized my focus is actually not great. At least not when it comes to being in trouble and needing to focus enough to help myself." Really, her two incidents with magic felt trivial when spoken. "I...haven't done much, really." She said with a slightly blush and dip of her head.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:33 pm
"That's actually quite a lot for someone who's just started out." Jeremiah glanced towards her out of the corner of his eye. "So don't sell yourself short." He paused a moment, looking at a gazebo and noticing that the floor of it was-

Ah, that would work for them.

"The gazebo right there will offer us a way over. The veil is thinner now with the cage truly broken." An arm was offered towards her, just in case she needed it. At least that gentlemanly side of him was the same regardless of him or the fetch.

"I don't suppose it was an enjoyable experience with Kess?" If only because of the mention of trouble and needing to focus in the same breath.

Kolina

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:15 pm
Compared to what she knew others have done and can do, well, her few attempts seemed trivial. Still, Jer's words did brighten her up a bit on the subject. After all, she now knows how to grow plants, right? So...maybe things will start to become easier for her?

At the arm offered to her, Juniper glanced up at Jeremiah. Eyes locked for a moment before she smiled and took the proffered arm. It wasn't that she necessarily needed it. It was more a fact that ]this was the gentleman she remembered and she certainly wasn't going to leave him hanging. "Perfect. Lead the way kind sir." She grinned.

"Kess? On no. Well...I guess, sort of." She paused a moment while thinking about the encounter with the young woman. "I think she just felt I needed a more firm hand when it came to learning? After all was said and done, I am pretty damn sure I wasn't in any sort of real danger from her." At least, that's what she wanted to believe. "Everything turned out well in the end, I learned something new and I think I may have made a new friend too."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:16 pm
Jeremiah gave her a slight twitch upwards of the lips; his expression amused and a little more open with her lead the way kind sir comment.

"I can say that I'm familiar with that method of teaching but you need to be careful as, in my experience, sometimes they are just waiting for you to misstep and take advantage of that." As they walked across the threshold of the gazebo Ashdown faded to grey and they would find themselves in what was left of the place in other ashdown.

"Using magic here is very much about what you want to do with it. Anything is possible if you have the will to carry it through."

Kolina

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:21 pm
"That's horrible." She commented. "I hope that, whatever it was they did to you, wasn't something traumatizing or too harming." She hadn't ever really dealt with such a situation before and thus, couldn't quite fathom someone being so greedy and cruel to willingly wait to pounce during a moment of weakness.

The grey world greeted them and Juniper paused a moment to see if anything looked at all familiar in this specific location in Other Ashdown. So much was depleted or just...not there.

At Jeremiah's next words, Juniper knew he was hopping right into teaching, which was perfect. She wanted to learn. Desired it. "I am starting to really realize that." She said as she pulled her hair back over her shoulder so it was out of her face. "I need to work on my will and focus. I just...I don't know, It's just not what I want it to be? I feel like I shouldn't struggle as much as I have?" She shrugged. "Again though, maybe I expect too much of myself right away, but I want to be useful to people. I want to help with whatever the hell it is we are dealing with."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:04 pm
Jeremiah did not give her a reply at all in regards to traumatizing or harming. Perhaps the silence said enough but he thought nothing of it other than he had come out of the other side of it.

"You're expecting too much, too soon," he told her but his voice was kind. "You are going to struggle, it's natural, because you're stretching muscles that have not been used in a long time. It will wear you out, it will tire you, and you will keep at it until you find your limits."

Jeremiah took a step away from her, shoulders rolling and letting out a breath. Cold fire appeared in his hand and he held it up for her to see. "This does not come naturally but is learned." His eyes, blue-green in Ashdown, glowed here. "... though I have to ask, if you know what exactly you're getting into? What you may be helping with."
word count: 777

5olina

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:03 pm
Juniper sighed as Jeremiah confirmed what she had begun to assume, but didn't necessarily want to accept. Learning to do this was going to be...well, not easy. She needed to have more patience with herself, but it was hard. She wanted to be able to do things that she had seen some others do so easily. "Right. Ok." She said in response to his little explanation.

Eyes shifted to the cold fire in his hands as he conjured it up with, what looked like, relative ease. She reached out but made sure not to touch it, instead she just hoovered her hand near it to feel the cold temperature rising from the fire. It was so bizarre, but neat.

At his question she pulled her hand back and ran a hand through her hair with a huff. "Truthfully, from what I've gathered, I don't know...precisely." She paused a moment gathering her words. "I am getting the idea that all of this is something big. That, really, whether we like it or not, we are a part of it. So, while I might not know what exactly I am a part of, I don't think there's really any way for me to avoid it." She shrugged. "This Ashdown likes to bring me here whenever it pleases, and I assume it's the cause for a lot of the problems in our Ashdown.

"But, I do know it's something big...like...possibly saving the world big, if what Professor Noor mentioned is true. What I don't like ab out all of this though, is the consistent theme of someone possibly dieing."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:24 pm
Jeremiah continued to control the fire, letting it rotate around his hand and then up into the air above them. His eyes glowed brighter with the fire where it was. "You have to keep in mind that Ashdown, the place that we live in, is not necessarily ours." His head tilted just slightly, studying the fire and then looking to Juniper.

"When I say that I mean that not everyone considers it their own. There are those that are part of this, like those you saw at the Court, that are more tied to this side and consider it theirs over Ashdown proper." It was not true of everyone that was part of Court but it still stood that those that were the most steeped in the magic considered this side more their home than the other.

"What you've found yourself now part of has been going on for thousands of years at this point and you need to learn as much as you can because being blind in this? That can be more detrimental than helpful." The fire shifted, hardening and turning to actual ice before he spoke again.

"It isn't that someone may possibly die, Juniper, but that people are dying." It was a hard fact and there was no way around it. "May I inquire as to what Professor Noor said to you? He is at the heart of this more than anyone else."

Kolina

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:03 pm
Juniper’s eyes watched the cold fire as Jeremiah continued to manipulate it. It was very beautiful, and just as mesmerizing as normal fire could be. Maybe more so because she knew it threw off no heat, but a chilly cold instead. She wondered when she’d be as adept as him when it came to magic? Her abilities were...lacking. That was the kindest way to put it. But, she knew that, and that was why she was with him here. She wanted to learn.

“Bu, even if it’s not considered ‘ours’ in a sense, it’s still apart of us isn’t it? I mean, considering that we can even perform magic and that it’s easier to do here? I don’t know, I find it strange but not unwelcoming. I just wish it wasn’t the base of the issues we are dealing with in our Ashdown. Assuming it’s the cause, that is.” She shrugged before tilting her head slightly. “If you don’t mind me asking, how do you feel about Other Ashdown?”

With a sigh she flicked a hand. “I don’t want to be blind. That’s why I am trying to learn as much as I can, but I won’t lie, there are definitely people who aren’t so open about sharing information.” Her mind distinctly thought of Shun. Sure she had had a conversation with him and managed to get some information, but it had been as joyful and easy as getting a tooth pulled. “So, really. I am tyring. That’s why I asked you to help.” She offered a warm smile.

Her smile didn’t last long though and quickly faded as brows knitted together. “I know people are dying. I am not idiotic. I just hate the fact that more might die.” She crossed her arms, heaving out a large sigh.

“Liam… he mentioned a few things to me actually. In fact, it seemed like a pleasant enough conversation until he finally snapped at me to leave his office.” She bit her bottom lip. “I learned some things I assume some of you know already. That Liam is married to The Enemy, and maybe that we are past the point of being able to reseal the cage?” She wasn’t sure how much of any of this was actually common knowledge. All she could do was just toss what she knew out. Really she felt like she was playing a game with cards but didn’t even have half the deck to use. “He and The Enemy were caged because they tried to do something that apparently resulted in the near destruction of the world. I...I got the impression it might not have been their intent. Apparently the cage was what stood between them and reality disappearing. He referred to it like a taco... but…”She gave Jeremiah a searching look. “He also mentioned that people would want to kill his husband because of this mistake. I...I am not really ok with that. Especially if it was a mistake. If it was a mistake that is.”

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces