[PRP] To Disappear and Return (Zac & Jamie) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:32 pm
It wasn't that Jamie was looking to pry, but the truth of the matter was, each and every strange happening concerning Other Ashdown deserved a second glance. It came to him when he began to think about returning to Waite State and inquiring about the junior ranger apprenticeship. Something Finn had warned him about when they'd first met was a thought that never completely left him. Something about kids on the beach after dark. Something about kids disappearing.

Looking into it was how he found out about Zac, how he learned about the vanishings. With a touch of help, he was able to get in touch with him and send him a message about meeting, talking. Jamie tried not to sound too nosy. He wasn't sure he succeeded. Hopefully that wouldn't sour Zac to him before they even met.

As he sat at the small table at Equinox, hands clasped loosely around a warm cup of tea, he waited for Zac to join him. It was a few minute before their scheduled time, but Jamie had been here at least an hour prior, nervously fiddling with his hands and worrying over silly things. At least the environment was familiar, safe and warm and cozy, and Jamie was grateful for that, at least.

endejesterrrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:31 am
Jamie hadn’t come across as pushy, that alone set Zac into a more amenable mood than he had been the last time someone tried to corner him about questions. Certainly, the venue was appealing, though he had to admit he was just a bit nervous and he’d poured that nervous energy into dressing up a bit.

He glanced around the shop till he saw someone that matched ‘Jamie’ and moved towards the table to greet him and let him know he was here before fetching his own tea. Normally he managed to make it early to appointments but sometimes that didn’t work quite so well as planned. Today was just one of those days.

saeeeedusk

(wc: 114)  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:10 am
As soon as the door opened, Jamie sat up straighter. It felt weird to be making appointments now, to greet Zac as he passed by the table, when only six months ago he had no friends and could barely speak to anyone without falling apart into a stuttering mess. Sure, he hadn't completely recovered from that, it had been his life for eighteen years, but it was a start and Jamie was perhaps the tiniest touch proud of himself for managing to take the initiative at all.

"Um, thanks for coming..." he said when Zac returned, trying not to sound too stiff and formal, but wanting to make a good impression. "I-I know this is probably... k-kinda weird, but-" He played with his fingers around his teacup. "-I appreciate it."

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:58 am
Zac settled with his own drink at the table and offered a reasuring smile. "What about this town isn't wierd?He asked, the smile spreading into a slightly nervous grin.

"No...asking to meet so we can answer each other's questions isn't odd at all. I just hope I'm not... you know, super disappointing."

He twisted the mug, turning it in circles between his hands as he spoke."I think most of what I know I've learned from talking to others, so if you've been at this for a bit you might know everything I have except bits and pieces."

saeeedusk

(wc:97)  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:15 pm
That got a small laugh out of Jamie because who could deny it? Ashdown was weird, what with its magically inclined inhabitants and its hidden doors to a shadow world where it rained all the time and nothing made sense. That, if nothing else, was something they shared in common.

Shaking his head, he assured, "I... think we're, um, in the same boat." Taking a short drink to soothe his throat and his nerves, he continued, "Even more than learning new things, I... I honestly just... want to know people." Hopefully that didn't sound too strange. "I think... i-it's good to have connections because, well, I'm not sure I could've faced this alone..."

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:12 pm
Zac nodded at those words. There was something about that that he utterly understood. “Yeah…” He mused, “Yeah, connections are good. I, yeah… that’s a wonderful idea, thank you!” he smiled with a growing actual warmth in his eyes.

“I’m not an um… Moonwalker or a warg or anything like that.” Zac said rubbing his neck apologetic. Just a… human or something like that. Um… I’m a good resource for finding books and things, but Algernon is better. I’m… hard to spot unless I want to be seen?” He shrugged. “And…I can pinch people without touching them so… I guess I have a really creepy stalker type power combination..” He offered a sheepish grin of sharing.

saeeedusk

(wc:116)  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:38 pm
"Honestly... I haven't learned a whole lot about being a moonwalker. I'm trying, but there aren't exactly a lot of sources to choose from." Looking down at his cup, Jamie watched the delicate vibrations of the world around them as they made waves in his lavender tea. "That... actually sounds like it could be pretty helpful. Getting someone's attention without having to, y'know-" He looked back up and made a short motion with his hand. Talk is what he meant.

"As far as I know, all I'm really good for is being an animal," there was an edge of bitterness to that, but he didn't let it stop him from continuing, "I've heard we've got something to do with the court, too. You were... there weren't you? A-At the masquerade, I mean."

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:46 pm
“Being able to change like that, I mean… it seems pretty cool from the outside?” He admitted. “I um, wouldn’t give up on the idea that things might get stranger though. I mean, up till the ball and all its… events.” He shuddered slightly.
“I had blue eyes. Instead of these um… sort of strange ones, mostly black, occasionally stars.” He shrugged.

“I… think the more we search around and question this place the more likely it is that strange things will happen, does that make sense?”

saeeedusk

(wc:87)  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:14 pm
It was light and airy and sheepish, but Jamie laughed. "I wondered if it would be rude to mention that," he said, referring to Zac's eyes. "It looked... sorta like they kept changing around." Holding the warm teacup in front of his mouth, he enjoyed the steam for a moment before taking another drink. "That's kinda neat, too... e-even though when these sorts of things first happen it's kinda... off-putting."

There was no denying what Zac said, though. They could learn to cope with these new, unusual happenstances, but that didn't mean they would stop happening. The further they dug in their heels, the more Other Ashdown would throw at them.

"I-I, honestly, am a little scared, but... I want to keep going. I want to know why these things happen. I can't really avoid the Otherworld, so..."

endejester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:31 am
“No, it’s ok, I’m getting used to it. It’s… It’s easier explaining to someone who has been, well, there before.” He shrugged gently.
“It’s not so easy when someone has heard just a little bit, and thinks it will be ‘better’ to know more.” He sighed and shook his head feeling at once sad and sorry.

“But I know what you mean, it is scary, but I do want to know more. I want to make things, well, better if I can.” He admitted and shook his head.

saeeedusk

(wc: 89)  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:01 pm
"Yeah, I... I'm not even sure knowing more will make things any easier to understand. It feels like the more I learn, the less I really... get, y'know?" In his heart he felt both sympathetic and apologetic. He meant well, as Zac did, but he had also come here with a purpose. He'd never push. If it wasn't something Zac wanted to talk about, that would be that, but Jamie couldn't justify calling him out here only to disrespect him by wasting his time.

"I, um, I really hope I don't seem to pushy, since I asked you to come to talk about Other Ashdown, too... I'm not even sure how to bring this up, so... I-I'm just gonna ask. Would you... mind talking about when you disappeared? It's just... after this ball it seems like..." he sighed, "it seems like the Otherworld is fond of abducting people..."

endejester

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:34 pm
“The more questions you get answered, the more questions the answers raise.” Zac nodded in agreement. They seemed to feel the same way about this place. Its as nice, and it was nice because Jamie seemed so nice as well. He’d firmly made up his mind to like him.

He tipped his head at the hesitation that preceded the question, but then he nodded gently. “Yeah, no It’s ok… I mean there are sort of the two stories. One for people who aren’t caught up in all this to know… and that’s I guess that I got lost in the woods for a week. it’s funny though because its also a great excuse for my um, Ashdown kit’s.” He chuckled softly.

“And then there is the real story. I um… My Guardian, is Jeremiah Mercer.” He said and waved a hand as though it would encompass that explanation.

“The detective on the missing kids case.” He rolled his shoulders. “So um… I wanted to help. I went asking questions. I asked Sunny, the witch of the Waves, girl on the beach who’s not quite… normal?” He shrugged.

“And the answer was to send me to Other Ashdown. I can tell you right now, the food there is like eating sawdust.” He said and made a face, his lips a thin line as he shook his head slightly from side to side. “I didn’t find any of the missing kids till after other people started showing up though. That’s the first time anyone met Heliodora, and um, Pax as well.”

saeeeedusk

(wc:259)  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:04 pm
Jamie definitely knew all about that fine line, that balance between life on both sides of the veil. It wasn't always easy to cook up believable excuses for his extended absences, so in the end he'd been forced to let his parents in on some of the goings on. They hardly knew the full story, but keeping them in the dark while living under their roof, especially when forced into the form of a half-hare, was impossible.

They weren't magically inclined, but they'd tried their best to understand. He appreciated them for that. He wanted to keep protecting them.

So yeah, Jamie understood what it felt like to want to help, too. It was for that reason in part that he went out of his way to learn, that he tried to form connections with people despite still harboring the greatest fear of rejection. He was grateful to Zac for being so kind.

"And even after you found everyone... they never came back here." Jamie pursed his lips, as well.

"I've never met Sunny," he admitted, "Heard about her, though, from multiple people." What role Sunny had in all this was a mystery to Jamie still, same as Heliodora and Pax and essentially every other key figure or resident of the Otherworld. "But I did meet Heliodora. I practiced magic at her demesne." He played with the handle of his teacup.

"After... after Michael died and then Adoelle, I started to wonder... who they all were. Who they really were. What was the truth behind their powers..."

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:21 pm
“I like Heliodora.” He said with a small smile. “I want, to see her happy for a little I guess.” He shrugged. “Im trying to find out more about how they got where they are, or were. But I don’t really know how successful I’ll be.”

He looked thoughtful for a moment. “My, Dad, he says we should be careful of Sunny, but I think she’s trying to be human. For better or worse I have mixed feelings on his warning because he, well he seems to like the Burning Man and I’m not fond of him at all. He burned my friend Autumn’s lungs. So I guess I’d say you have to make your own judgement on that.”

He rubbed the back of his neck thoughtful.

“You can find her on the beach, or I could try and introduce you if you wanted.”

He shook his head side to side.
“As for the others, I guess they were part of ‘the cage’, whatever held the enemy back. But at the same time someone said that the only way the enemy is vulnerable is for the cage to be gone. Add to that though that Sunny wanted all the kids to come home, and we might only have a chance with Heliodora.” he rubbed at his brow looking tired and anxious at the thought.

“I don’t know… I worry.”

saeeeedusk

(wc: 229)  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:26 pm
Jamie felt bad recalling how he'd been wary of Heliodora at first. Part of it had been jealousy over silly, unimportant things. Once he'd gotten over it, well, he could tell she was kind. He couldn't help agreeing, "I'd like that, too... I'd like to know more about her and talk to her again."

Unfortunately for Jamie, he couldn't know he probably wouldn't have that chance.

"But, um, I do like to form my own opinions about people. After meeting them myself. I know what it's like to be judged... I-If you, um, wouldn't mind, though... it would be nice to meet Sunny with someone else." Being introduced would be a godsend. He was obviously grateful for the offer.

"Admittedly I'm... still scared. Jeremiah told me the same thing, that we have to let the Enemy out to fight it, but... what if we're not strong enough?"

endejester

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces