Submit

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:02 am
In which two young friends spend time on the town talking about nothing and everything.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:20 am
Where the heck was Poe?

For whatever reason, the thought never passed by the boy that maybe it wasn't Poe that was late, but he was early. Indeed, it wasn't midnight yet but he had already shown up in front of the little bakery they agreed to meet at. Mahmud nibbled at a little slice of pastry he had treated himself to inside earlier. Harpommy was cooing at him, trying to insist she feed him instead but he just wouldn't have any of that. This was the first time he was purposefully trying to meet up with another troll, and he wouldn't have anything embarrassing him.

Mahmud came more than a little bit overprepared. On his mother was a large bag full of... well, everything but the kitchen sink. Almost literally. If Poe was in trouble and had to disguise himself, who knew what kind of situation they'd have to be ready for. The little boy had brought all his valuables with him (which really, were his 'weapon' and some books), food, drink, beetles... who knew what would happen on this day out? To be honest, he still felt woefully unprepared for this entire trip.

Even his outfit was a "disguise"; there were more clips in his hair than usual and he wore a big fluffy jacket in this far too warm for jacket weather. That way, they couldn't see his symbol on his shirt. But GOG was it hot to wear right now...

The boy fidgeted in front of the store window and looked around, starting to panic. What if all this was a big setup? What if Poe wasn't really his friend, and was just going to play hooky on their day out? Did Poe regularly change disguises? Oh gog, what if he looked absolutely ridiculous and Poe didn't have the heart to TELL HIM? Did he bring enough stuff for their day out?

Thoughts raced a mile a minute as he continued to look around for his friend. Then finally, a familiar face caught his eye.

"Poe!"

He DID come! He really did come! He came with Lanata all this way to see him and Harpommy! The thought made his pumpbiscuit flitter and flutter every which way. A friend came to visit! He actually had a friend who didn't want to leave him! Well, Poe could honestly still want to leave him and put him in danger but... no. Can't think about that at the moment. Gotta concentrate on the happy.

"Did you make it here okay? Are you alright?"

"Coo coo!"

purplerosesbeauty
Hope this is enough hon!

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:53 am
Poeias kept the goggles on his head, just in case. Even though he was technically cleared from the criminal database, it was still far too easy for him to encounter someone who might have seen him, might somehow recognize him, from that time in the caves. Besides, he kind of liked them now, how they made him seem really cool. He grasped the side of his lusus, comforted by the soft texture of her wool, the leather of her saddlebag. He breathed in. Her leg was better now, but he kept her bandages on.

Now, he was going to do something dangerous. He never would have thought he would think that about a friend, but he owed him an explanation... would he be able to put two and two together, and realize what he was? Poe adjusted his jacket, fidgeting and clenching his fists rhythmically.

He was going to meet Mahmud at a bakery. That was easy enough for Lanata to track down, though she would have preferred the chance to get some fresh vegetables. He pet her face, whispering assurances to her. Maybe he'd stop and get some apples. Those would keep well enough. Little lamb, I think I see your friend up ahead. Lanata said, pressing her nose into his shoulder.

And just a moment later, he heard Mahmud call his name. He let loose the breath he was holding. He really came. For some reason, he felt really happy about that. "Mahmud," he said, smiling and walking forward to grab his hands. "Yeah, we made it in alright. and we're mostly healed up from the fight too," he said with a grin, tilting his head to look at Mahmud. He had a jacket on too! "What about you?"

They were pretending it was a normal friend playdate, but really, Poe was going to talk about something very serious. He would need to find somewhere somewhat secluded though. "I'm glad you came," Poe said. Then, more quietly. "I'll try to explain everything I can... I want you to understand." He removed his hands from Mahmud's, and rubbed the back of his neck. He looked at the bakery. "So, did you have somewhere you wanted to go first? Or do first?"

Skyli Peep
you were fine!
and heres my boy, feeling awkward and nervous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:28 am
Holding hands wasn't normally Mahmud's style. He was far more of a "hands off" kind of guy, one could say. People were for looking at and wondering when they were going to show their true colors. Yet as Poe took his friend's hands, Mahmud found himself not minding. In fact, he instead squeezed the hands back and smiled, enjoying how warm they felt in his own. Friendship sure was nice; holding hands with your friend sure was lovely!

"Yeah, we made it in alright. and we're mostly healed up from the fight too. What about you?"

Mahmud took time to let go of Poe and show off his own new scar, a circular one that was quite large in comparison to his tiny hand. "I um... well, I got myself in some trouble recently. But other than that I'm doing okay too! Harpommy is all better now!" To emphasize his point, Harpommy hopped towards Lanata and chirped. She fluttered her wings a little bit before coming a bit closer to the other lusus, staring at the bandages on her leg. "Coo?"

"Y-yeah! I hope you're feeling better Miss Lanata," the boy added quickly, some darkness rising to his cheeks. Oops. He had been so excited about seeing his friend, he had totally forgotten to ask Lanata how she was feeling. That wasn't very friendly-friendship of him, was it? Was that something that could effect their friendship?

"I'm glad you came,"

Those words made his pumpbiscuit flutter in that newfound way again, and while he missed his friend having an existential crisis Mahmud instead focused on those words. Poe was happy he came! He was really happy! Poe wasn't mad that he forgot about Lanata and was just happy he was here at all! Friendship truly was a magical emotion, and he rode high on it even after his friend grew serious. "I'll try to explain everything I can... I want you to understand. So, did you have somewhere you wanted to go first? Or do first?"

Mahmud couldn't help but exclaim "Anything! I'm excited to do anything with you! I-I mean like um..." The boy tried to reign back his emotions a bit, rubbing at his cheeks a bit with his coat sleeve to try and bring the color down. "I'm really down for anything. We could walk around, cuz I haven't been here much personally... we could find you and Lanata some lunch... or we can talk about stuff... your pick." Despite being embarrassed from before, Mahmud gave his bro a big smile. "I'm happy just doing anything with you. We don't gotta be all business and stuff, lets have fun too."

purplerosesbeauty
Have Mahmud overreacting to the emotion known as Friendship

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:39 pm
Poe glanced at the wound (or well, what remained of it) on his friend's hand. How awful! It looked like it was probably painful... But he was glad Mahmud's hand was still attached to his body. "Oh! What happened? Did an animal bite it?" His own mechanical hand twitched involuntarily. Lanata pressed against him, and bleated. Of course, my little lamb took care of me, didn't he? Poe nodded, glad to feel her by his side. "She's much better, and I'm glad Harpommy is doing better too," he said happily.

He was glad Mahmud seemed excited, although he was completely oblivious to the blushing and nervousness from the other boy. He sounded really happy, which was good, because Poe still wasn't sure how this would go down. But if Mahmud liked him, maybe he'd understand! Maybe he'd understand the cause, too... He bit his lip. That was probably too dangerous though, and wouldn't it be awful to drag his friend into it? Especially when he knew firsthand how wild it was to have your life upended by a rash decision like this. He already lost his hive and his civilian identity was only recently restored to him. He wouldn't want that to happen to Mahmud...

His thoughts were herded back to the conversation at hand. "Lunch would be pretty good," he admitted, wrapping an arm around his tummy. He hadn't eaten all evening, between the rationing at the swamp, and his own nerves. And he knew Lanata would be delighted by something other than threshed grass to eat. "We can eat and talk, or maybe grab something quick so we can walk and talk and eat all at once! Or maybe only two of those things at once, depending on what we talk about, actually, because it's sensitive, I think." He faltered a bit.

Lanata would probably help them find somewhere to talk, and help keep a lookout. But Mahmud was right, they didn't have to be so serious the whole time, especially because they were friends. And it really had been a while since he'd done something fun like this. "But I definitely think we should look around, maybe do some shopping! Lanata said there were some clothes stores, and it might be nice to pick up some stuff. And imagine the jokes I can fabricate about clothes!" Poe grinned, already feeling in his comfort zone again with the jokes starting up.

Skyli Peep*
he hungers....for friendship

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:15 pm
Ahhh there it was, the jokes were back. Mahmud gave a giggle at that particular pun, covering his mouth with his hand and grinning as he did so. Yeah, this is why he liked Poe. He could make a joke about anything! Maybe even the serious situation they were about to delve into. The way his friend went on and on about it, it was probably a huge situation. Yet...

Given the way Poe held his tummy, he and Lanata needed to eat first. "Lets get lunch then... because" With a flourish he reached into his backpack and yanked out a rather sizeable bag of beetles. "Tada! They gave these to me after we got out of the space tower thing!" Beetles were pretty valuable, yes? Mahmud had at least SOME knowledge of what money was and how it worked... namely that he and his Ommy rarely ever had them. Beetles were scarce in their household, save for the ones there for consumption.

Things were different today though. Today he could treat his friend and his lusus to something nice.

"Lunch is on me Poe! Lets geeeeeeeeeeeet..." ... um. What was the fanciest food he could find? The little boy spun around a little and pointed at a building. "That stuff!" For some reason Harpommy began to coo and flap, hopping in place in what seemed to be... distress? Mahmud squinted and tried to read the sign the best he could.

"Ro... Roh... tiss... a...ry... Rotisserie. Whats a Rotisserie?"
"COO. COO COO!"

ROASTED BIRD LUSUS? WAS THIS FOR REAL? "AAAH AAHH NO NOT THERE!" Mahmud gazed at the building, petrified, waiting for the people inside to come out and eat Harpommy for dinner. "P-Poe! Maybe... that one?" No... no this didn't look too good either. What do people normally eat when they live in the city? "Can you... do you know a good place? I don't... know if I could stomach the options so far."

purplerosesbeauty
Could I help it? No. No I could not.

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:50 pm
Poe clapped his hands together, bouncing in place at the reveal of the bag of beetles. "Wow! You got so many beetles, I didn't even think to get something like that..." He had opted to get something useful, since beetles didn't really help him much in the swamp anymore. "So we could really get something nice, can't we?"

He was about to glance at the building Mahmud gestured to when he was startled by Mahmud's lusus suddenly flapping and screeching. He covered his spongeclots quickly, somewhat alarmed, and saw the sign. Rotisserie. It must have offended the bird-like lusus to even be suggested, even though she was pretty different from a common cluckbeast. "A... very fowl suggestion, it seems," he joked, removing his hands from his head. He didn't know Chittentown all that well, though, because he lived in New Hemisect before and even then, stayed close to the outskirts of the city.

"Um, maybe we could get... something warm," he started, trying to think of what would be something that they both could enjoy. "Like a burger! Fast food is fun, and there's got to be a burger place somewhere because it's a city, and if you don't like that we can fry a different location," he said with a grin. He pressed a free hand against Lanata's side, urging her to help him look for one. We'll find it, little lamb. Don't be so anxious, sweet one, she bleated, but lifted her head to look down the street.

Skyli Peep
time to go to troll mcdonalds

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:58 pm
Mahmud mirrored his friend's enthusiasm by bouncing in place, giggling at the pun. Okay, that made him feel a little bit better. Although he didn't mind shelling out some serious cash for the sake of friendship, maybe he could do more for Poe when they were eating cheap. "Okay okay um..." While he debated, Mahmud bounced on his heels. Well, he didn't know any better options for food, and it was Poeias' suggestion... yeah. Why not? "YEAH! Lets go then! Lets go there!"

He clutched the cool, metal hand of his new best buddy and started running towards the nearest fast food chain, laughing as he felt his heart beat in his chest. In the background he could hear Harpommy cooing, asking him to slow down, but Mahmud just couldn't help it! Honestly he felt so... so happy.

Even after he and Poe had gotten some food and sat down in the restaurant, Mahmud had a bounce in his step. While he was making his fries into what appeared to be a little nest, he sing-sang to himself. "Eatin' fries with my main guy, so we can be snackin while I'm rappin'..." It took a little bit, but his delicious nest was all perfect! Final addition to be placed, a delicious looking burger that was slowly lowered into the center of its new home. And then he immediately picked it up and took a bite. "Sho Poh..." he rambled on, smiling with cheeks full of food. "Whatsh going on? Whatsh all the exchitement?" Who taught this child's manners? Apparently the big bird next to him, who was trying to crane her face into his. "OMMY NO! N-NOT HERE!"

purplerosesbeauty
Short, but hopefully sweet ; v ; <333 Talk Poe, Talkkkkk!

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:34 pm
Poe grabbed the apple slices he ordered with his meal, sliding them to Lanata where she sat beside him, her legs curled up under her body and her head resting in his lap. She took the offered food gratefully, munching happily. Thank you little lamb, these are very sweet. Don't forget to eat some yourself though, dear. You need the energy. Poe nodded, putting an apple slice in his mouth alongside the fries. It'd been a long time since he had fast food! He smiled and tilted his head, looking at the fry nest Mahmud was building as he sang.

"Oh wow, you're like, pretty good at that! I didn't know you were a slam poet too. That's so neat!"
There was probably a lot he didn't know about Mahmud, but they had time to get to know each other. That was like, the entire point of this meeting! Besides general fun times with friends, which he also was enjoying very much. Mahmud was an easy guy to get along with. Poe smiles when Harpommy gets close to Mahmud. Was she trying to give him food or something? Poe picked up one his apple slices and offered it to Mahmud, holding it out between his fingers. "Do you want some apples too?" he offered. He used to give food to all of the woolbeasts like this, and he missed it.

Afterwards, he fidgets anxiously, twitching his fingers and tapping them on the table. It was a fairly noisy place, and didn't seem to be terribly monitored. It would be okay. He had to do it.

"So, remember how during the tower thing, I had that secret and then I said I would explain later why that secret was a thing?"
Of course he would remember, that... was why they were meeting. He felt embarrassed but he didn't know how else to hedge the conversation. "Wow so... I had to hide my identity for a long time now, almost a whole sweep! I was doing something while I was there so I could get my identity back, because I did something very bad that got me branded as a criminal." His voice lowered so that hopefully, the only trolls who could hear him were those at the table. "N-not anything like killing, or stealing or anything like that!" he clarified quickly, worried he would scare him off. Oh god, what if Mahmud heard what he said, and thought he really was a terrible criminal and decided to leave, knowing his secret, and turn him in? He hadn't been captured before, and he'd just cleared his name...

"I lied about my appearance and sort of my name? But Poeias is my real name so I didn't lie really, just gave you a shorter version that I'm usually called anyway. But anyway, there was... a thing that happened, and I chose a side because I thought that was the right thing to do, but it was illegal and sort of... treasonous, and then I couldn't go back to my hive or anywhere in public without being disguised." He clenched his hands, feeling the pulsing of his pumpbiscuit. Was this too much information? Not enough? He had felt awful about deceiving him, especially because he became such good friends with Mahmud. He still kept it vague, because he wasn't sure how much was secrets he couldn't say. Secrets on secrets. He definitely couldn't mention locations, of where he's been and who he's been helped by. He couldn't betray the Initiative even to smooth things over with Mahmud, because that was so many more trolls lives' than his own. "I don't like to lie though... and I'm glad I don't need to lie to you," he said earnestly. Deception didn't come naturally to him. He framed it like a game to help, but even so... it didn't seem right.

Skyli Peep
here it issss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:02 pm
Since his hands were full of his own mother at that moment, Mahmud leaned in and took the apple slice with his mouth, smiling happily as he pulled back and started to munch. Lanata had been right, although he could not understand her: these apples were sweet! Maybe they could pick up some more on the way home tonight. Ever so polite, he gave a muffled "thank you" to his friend with a mouth full of food, and leaned in as Poe began to tell his story.

Wait
WHAT.

Wide eyed, Mahmud swallowed his food and tilted in even further. Poe was a criminal? This guy? The kid who cracked puns like a professional omelette maker cracked eggs? He had a hard time picturing Poe doing something wrong, ever... yet... there was a need to be cautious. Mahmud's smiles were all gone, replaced with a serious look of concentration, trying to take in all the words Poe said.

Poe was a criminal. He hid for a sweep. He didn't do any dangerous hurting crimes, but did something... treasonous. Treason was a serious, SERIOUS crime. Or so he heard. He looked to his mom for a moment, who then cooed the answer to his son. He hated the empress. Poe wanted to see the empress hurt. That's what his crime was. Compared to the rest of what Poe said, about changing names and disguising himself, that whole "treason" matter continued to stand out the most.

"... Poe..." Mahmud's voice was quiet, soft. What was there to say? His new friend was the complete opposite person he should be hanging out with. Poe was dangerous, more dangerous than even... no. Not as dangerous as him. Poe was different, somehow. Not once since they had met had he said Mahmud was short of wonderful, or pointed out where he sucked big wriggler eggs. Poe was kind.

Poe was kind. Poe was honest. Poe was dangerous. Poe was a criminal.

"This... is a lot to take in." he sighed, as he leaned back in his seat. "Oh man, Poe... what did you get yourself into?" His voice came out barely as a whisper, and he rubbed at his forehead with his hand. What did he say? What could he do? "Poe, you're..." What was Poe to him, anyways?

After some time of silence, he leaned back over and took Poe's hands, squeezing them gently before whispering "... you're safe with me. Um... your secret, that is." Poe was Poe. Despite the incredulous coo his mother game, despite how gog awful his instincts when it came to judging people were, he couldn't bring himself to deny the just about sweetest troll in his life.

Poe was a friend.

"You're... you're my friend. And I don't think you'd ever hurt anyone..."

purplerosesbeauty
MAHMUD YOU'RE NOT LENDING A LOT TO REACT TO GOD.

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:35 pm
Poe wished he were better at reading expressions, or tones, or words. Or when those things were gone, he wish he understood what it meant. Mahmud was quiet, and it felt like it was too long. Had he ruined it after all? Maybe it would have been better to not get involved, to not tell him, or maybe just lie and figure out some other thing to have said instead of the truth. Anything than what he'd just done.

His voice was so quiet. Poe's pumpbiscuit pounded hard in his chest, in his hands, in his head. Poe... Poe... Poe... He could feel each beat and each one felt like another mistake he'd made. He could leave still, and never show up again, and leave behind his friend so he didn't have to hear the reaction that he knew was going to be bad... His body was stiff, rigid as he listened to Mahmud. What did the words he say mean? Suddenly he felt like Mahmud was speaking another language, one that was too soft and quiet a reaction to what he said, too mumbled and muffled and unclear. What did he get himself into? He wondered that every day, ever since he turned against that greenblood commander in the caves in favor of defending a bunch of strangers.

Hands touched his, and he let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding, doubling over a bit. The squeezing pressure on his hands reminded him to breathe, relaxed him. That's right, he would be safe with Mahmud. He said so. He was trustworthy. He squeezed back, gently with his robotic hand and harder with his fleshy one. It was warm. That was nice. He tilted his head up, and smiled.

"You're my friend too, Mahmud. I'd never hurt you. And I don't think I've ever hurt anyone... I've tried really hard to do the right thing, but sometimes it's not easy. Sometimes it's against the rules, and people get hurt doing it," his voice slowly raised up from a shaky whisper to a regular, level tone. He hoped Mahmud believed him when he said that, that he wasn't mad. He thinks of the older officers and all of their scars, of the ones who lost a lot more than he did defending themselves. Poe wasn't sure what his place was among them yet, he was too young and too useless, but he tried.

He squeezed Mahmud's hands again, before letting go and pulling his hands back into his lap to fiddle with his fingers. He wasn't very hungry anymore, but he wasn't ready to head back just yet. "Um, do you... still want to go shopping with me? I understand if you don't, and want to leave... I'm just happy I got to see you," he said. His hands made their way to his lusus' wool, digging into the coiled loops of fur and getting small bits caught between the machinery of his hand. The restaurant felt like too much, right now. Too bright even behind his horns, too loud, just too much.

Skyli Peep
its pretty small but hopefully it helps move things along...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:36 am
        Poe seemed relieved, and that in itself was enough to make Mahmud feel a little bit better. His reaction to the muddled answer he gave was enough to remind him that his friend was, indeed, a troll. A normal person, albeit a... a criminal. The words still didn't click correctly in his mind as ones to describe Poeias. As Poe doubled over, he gave a nervous, but happy smile back. If Poe was wanted, it meant that he could be in danger too, right? Like, if the queen was looking for him like... he could be found guilty by association. This was really, really serious. Even if she didn't say anything, Mahmud could tell that even Harpommy was concerned. But...

The more he stared at Poe's smile the less and less nervous he felt. He'd never hurt anybody, he said he wouldn't. And while people lie about all sorts of things, it wasn't like a troll to lie about violence, right? It was like... built into the society they lived in, as much as he was loathe to admit it. So what would have been the purpose of lying about it? Poe HAD to be telling the truth.

Right?

Mahmud took a few seconds before realizing the question his friend was asking. Oh! Poe wanted to leave here. He sure did seem uncomfortable... was...

Slowly Mahmud looked to the left, and then the right. Were... were there spies hiding around here? Checking in on Poe? Was that why he was so nervous? Oh man, being a dangerous criminal on the run sure was exciting! It must have been exhausting too, though. Or maybe... maybe he honest to god just wanted to go shopping? Being a dangerous criminal was probably a lonely life, maybe he still wanted to spend time with people. Either way, Mahmud knew his answer. "Yeah! Duh, of course I'd go shopping with you silly!" He was already this far down the nibblebeast pit, he may as well fall all the way. If he was going to get culled by association with Poe, nothing he could do would solve that problem. May as well enjoy the ride with his best bud! Who, did he mention, was a dangerous criminal?

"Come on, lets go!" he declared, then sweeping his fry nest into a to-go baggy. Even if they couldn't finish this now, there would be time later. He and Poe could get hungry after all, being on the run.

As they made it outside and began walking down the road, Mahmud couldn't help but be more curious. "So... are you always on the run?" He spoke in a quiet voice, in case there really were spies that were hanging out in the restaurant making his dangerous criminal friend nervous. "Do you still get to live at home? Do you have to sleep outside?" Oh man, what if Poe had to sleep outside in the cold?! He'd freeze to death, that wasn't good! "Um... well, if you do sleep outside you know you could always have a sleepover at my hive, right?" A sleepover with Poe! That could be exciting! Telling scary ghost stories, eating bugs... what a fun idea! "And Lanata could come too! She and Ommy could share a nest! Just don't sleep all alone out in the cold, Poe!"

A thought occurred to him. "You know... it took a lot of guts telling me what you did, that was really cool." Mahmud gave a small nod, and his smile dropped just a bit as he thought. "... if you ever wanted to ask me anything, even right now, ask me anything. I'll be honest to you, totally." Like he said, it took a lot of courage to tell the truth to him. Treason was a very big crime, after all. If Mahmud could match that with something to make Poe feel better, like his own secrets well... that would be a good thing to do.

Right?

purplerosesbeauty
count how many times he refers to his bff as "a dangerous criminal"

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:26 am
Poe started relaxing once they left the restaurant. He felt a little embarrassed now that he realized he was probably overreacting, but he felt better knowing Mahmud was still with him. He hadn't given up on him yet. They could still hang out and talk, and buy some things. He was glad to gather up his food quickly and be ushered out of the cramped building, back into the open night air of the city. He felt like he could breathe again, and stopped clenching his fists.

"Oh, not really, actually, it's not really a situation like that I don't think," Poe said, laughing a bit. He was glad they had managed to find somewhere and that all the initiative members didn't have to sleep without a recuperacoon outside in the harsh daylight or anything. "I had a hive in the plains of New Hemisect before, and I raised woolbeasts! I had to leave that behind though when I um, defected. We have a safe place now though, so we don't even have to move around a lot..." His new hive wasn't much like his old one, a sort of temporary one-block hivestem system in one of the trees. He didn't really mean to make it a permanent sort of situation but the longer he spent in the swamp the more he felt like he didn't want to leave. Sometimes he wrote down quick ideas for improvements he could make once he got the materials. Maybe if he could get back to his old hive to get some of his things...

"Maybe it would be fun to have a sleepover at your place anyway though!" He grinned, and without meaning to he imagined Mahmud visiting him in the swamp, but he pushed that idea way. It was a secret, and he couldn't just invite his friends over just because he wanted to.

He walked quietly for a moment after Mahmud said he could ask him anything. Anything...? "Do you know anything about the rebels?" he asked. It was foolish really, especially after what he literally just said to him, but maybe Mahmud really did understand him. Maybe he wanted to be a part of it. He seemed like the sort of troll... who would value these things too.

Skyli Peep
poe: i dont want to get my friend involved bc its dangerous *immediately tries to get him involved*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:03 pm
        Relief washed over him; Poe wasn't suffering brightmares out there in the middle of the woods or something. Even if it wasn't his old home (which, by the way, sounded awesome) it was something and Mahmud didn't have to worry so much anymore. Still though, hosting a sleepover party sounded amazing! "We should though, we totally should! I'm serious! I have books!" Well, like... five books. Two construction books, two poetry books, and a children's book about the proper role of a lowblood. That should be good for some entertainment though, right? "... maybe you could bring some things with you when you come." Just to be safe. Building and writing may not be Poe's favorite thing to do.

What came out of Poe's mouth next was unexpected. "Rebels?" How did he answer that question? How could he answer this question. "... Thats kind of..."' Even his mother was quiet for a moment, leaning towards her son with a questioning look. "... I don't know a lot" he finally admitted. "There's a lot of things people say about them." Mahmud stopped walking for a moment as he tried to process the ideas running through his mind.

"I don't know whats true though."

Inside the store next to him, there wasn't much interesting going on. Trolls were talking, stuff was being sold... yet for this question, he stared at them like they held the key to what he wanted to say. "Some folks around here say they are nothin' but trouble, and some... some say otherwise. But to be honest... I don't even know what they're about. I try to stay out of stuff."

Thats when it finally seemed to click, and his eyes grew wide. "Poe..." Whipping his head around, Mahmud just stared at his friend in awe. "Poe are you-" He looked from side to side. Nobody was listening... or so he thought. "Poe you're... a rebel?" The last two words came out as a whisper. "Poe thats... thats so... COOL."

"COO?"

"You heard me!" Mahmud turned his head to his mom, who was more than a little startled. "He's doing something risky, for what I think he thinks is right. That's cool. I mean, as long as you're not stupid about it." Just what counted as stupid in this situation though? Some people would argue otherwise. "For real though... you're not being stupid about it right? What do you even DO there, Poe? I-If you can tell me anything... I promise I won't tell!"

purplerosesbeauty

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:49 am
Poe waited tensely for Mahmud's response. He knew he was doing something... not great. The orangeblood seemed to step over his own words, and finally answered. He didn't know much. Of course. What he did know, he wasn't sure what was true. Poe knew some of the stuff the empire said about them, that they were dangerous and destroyed stuff, and that they were all criminals and lowbloods who hated the queen. That wasn't true, though he remembered hearing these rumors even before he joined.

It was probably the best response Poe could have expected, wasn't it? Except... Mahmud's tone changed. You're... a rebel? His chest felt tight, he really wasn't... expecting that. Cool? Poe's face flushed a bit and he leaned in conspiratorially close to Mahmud, and nodded.

"I mean I don't do a whole lot right now, because I'm still a kid... there's not really much I can do that's useful for them... but I'm not that stupid!" He kept his voice hushed but still couldn't help a spike in volume. He covered his cheeks. He was a little stupid when he first joined, a mixture of confusion and conviction, and he didn't stop crying until Maneki came over and comforted him. Kind of an embarrassing first impression to make on a friend. "I help out where I can though. We do a lot of things over all, but the primary focus is definitely about... hemoequality..." He knew that was one of his own primary concerns. Mutantblood right to life, a decrease in culling, an end to violence and an end to the queen's regime... there were other stuff other members were interested in, and it could get a bit muddled when some people felt a bit more lukewarm about it than others.

"It's dangerous yeah, but... it's important I think. But now you know! And maybe understand? So... you have to keep it a secret, and I hope we can still be friends," he said, reaching over to hold Mahmud's hands between his own firmly. He needed to be able to trust others. So many of the rebels didn't trust anyone outside the group but Poe couldn't live that way.

Skyli Peep
gay

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas