Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:17 am
algie || wil || borr || wendy || jaro

--------------

this thread is intended for halo's character RP - to request play with my shop NPC Millie Watkins please see my modbook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:45 am
User Image
Algernon Mixlin || Riser || Author, Professor, Bookstore Owner

Currently Seeking || Most of anything! Random encounters, deliberate meetings, potential friends and enemies alike~

Not Seeking || Romance, Death, Maiming

What will random townsfolk or strangers know about him? How can we meet?
- He's a somewhat known author of supernatural mystery novels, The Red Herring Mysteries. His books were adapted into a BBC miniseries starring Idris Elba.
- He runs the bookshop Bibliophile, an old fashioned sort of bookstore just off campus.
- He teaches English part time at the college.
- He's been in Ashdown about 2 years, come from England (yes accent and all).
- He's between 45-50 years old, making him one of the older dreamers.
- In relationship with Jeremiah Mercer. They share a house.
- Has a magic cat named Violetta.
- He frequents Darlene's at least once a week to watch soccer with Jeremiah and have a pint or two.
- He's very polite for the most part and could often be caught up in conversation with strangers, no matter how annoying, because he's too polite to excuse himself.
- He has (so far) been present and participated in Meta and group dreamer events, so your character may have just seen him!  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:02 am
User Image
Wil Azevedo || Civilian || Stoner, Wheeler and Dealer, Loiterer, Artist, Layabout

Currently Seeking || Most of anything! Random encounters, deliberate meetings, potential friends and enemies alike~

Not Seeking || Romance, Death, Maiming

- He goes a senior at the college. He's an art major. Has been around (obviously) for at least 3 years.
- He shares a house with Nasir, Vespertine, and Zac that is just off campus.
- He is the resident pot head and weed dealer.
- He's a people person and easy going.
- He can GET THINGS, not just shady things, normal things too. He has a knack for trading, swapping and favoring to get things people need.
- He is always tired and thus may be found sleeping pretty much anywhere, including in public.
- He dabbles in fortune telling of all kinds and can be found loitering on the street on nice days, telling fortunes for pocket change.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am
User Image
Borr Gunnarsen || Civilian || Barkeep, Brewer, Business Owner, Biker, Pillar of the Community

Not Seeking || Death, Maiming

- He's about 60 years old and has lived in Ashdown for most of his adult life.
- He is originally a biker from Pennsylvania who met his wife Darlene while passing through town- he never left!!
- Darlene was a lifetime Ashdowner- she knew EVERYONE. She passed away a few years ago from cancer.
- The bar was originally called THE PUB - it was a bit of a dive - after being shut since Darlene's death it has reopened- FIXED UP! New food, new jobs, craft beers and imports.
- Borr is like Town Dad.
- He has connections with bikers from all over the country who stop by the bar on their way through town (or make a point to come to town to see him).
- He has two large dogs who are usually always with him, at the bar and at home.
- He is fully aware of the weird s**t in town and just accepts it for what it is, Ashdowners are family no matter how supernatural.  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:23 am
Wendy Drummond || Civilian || Radio Personality, Social Media Darling, Hot Nerd Chick, Local Celebrity

Not Seeking || Death, Maiming, Romance

- She has been in Ashdown most of her life, attending both the High School and College. If you are 25-30 you may have met her, or heard of her and her groups troublesome exploits.
- Tom Drummond is her Twin brother.
- Cid Concord is her best friend and boyfriend.
- Wendy hosts the weekday morning show on the local radio station WWMI.
- She is super active on social media, both for herself and pimping the local station. Maybe you follow her on instagram, snapchat, twitter or subscribe to the station's podcast?
- She gets around town and is fueled by caffeine.
- Regardless of her obsession with the internet, she keeps her personal life and her work persona very seperate.
- She's a huge nerd- Movies, TV, Comics, Games, etc. With work it's hard to do EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME, but she tries her hardest to keep relevant.
- Her free personal time is usually spent online so she is generally glued to her phone, tablet or laptop.
- She will generally be present at most town social events either as a personality or simply to represent the radio station!  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:23 pm
User Image
Jaro || Civilian || Scrapper, Artist, Dragon

Currently Seeking || Most of anything! Random encounters, deliberate meetings, potential friends and enemies alike~ Past history building encouraged!

Not Seeking || Death, Maiming, Romance

- He's 35 years old.
- He's owned the scrapyard for 10 years, previously owned by an uncle.
- He's an artist! Mostly he welds metal into cool sculptures.
- There's always work to be done at the scrap yard and he's usually looking for part time extra sets of hands.
- In the past he was known to bed and discard some of his employees. A bit promiscuous until recent years when there's been a dry spell.
- He dabbles in a bit of everything when it comes to metal work or repairs. He can also custom make parts and fittings for those who need anything from mechanical stuff to jewelry work.
- He's pretty good looking, charming, and personable.  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:41 am
OTHER TOWN PERSONALITIES
also available for RP!

• Sigurd Mortensen - Owns Strongman Gym with his husband Llyr. A massive tattooed man with a grinning face and friendly demeanor. A foreign import, he was born of a Norwegian mother and a Samoan/African-American father. Sigurd previously trained to be a Strongman in Norway before deciding he didn't like the toll it took on his body. There are rumors that he and his husband were underground fighters or are still, but there is nothing to substantiate this beside the fact that they seem to know what they are doing and are both very skilled fighters. He teaches boxing, wrestling, seniors classes and street self defense courses at the gym. Sigurd has a sneaker addiction.

• Ulmuka Narasimhan - Son of a wealthy local businessman, Muka started his own branch of the family company called Strix Sales & Realty. Primarily in real estate, Muka also invests in personal ventures and company launches that he thinks could be lucrative or simply strike his fancy. He's a bit eccentric, bearded and rotund, with vivid amber eyes and a giant smile. He's seen frequenting a local tattoo shop regularly, but whatever tattoos seem to be hidden under his bold formal wardrobe. Muka is rarely seen out of a full suit.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:55 am
iloveyouDIE

hi!

azuredreams pointed me in your direction and said you were looking for rp with algernon! i only have one character, alois, but he's been snooping bookstores for more information on other ashdown. he also saw algernon and jeremiah together when aleksy got injured, and that weird thing with the hands (ie that awesome power)! alois' fam also owns a bookstore out of state, so he has a native appreciation for books and nerdery of literary descent! would you be interested in an rp?  

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:26 am
Hetzerei
hi!

azuredreams pointed me in your direction and said you were looking for rp with algernon! i only have one character, alois, but he's been snooping bookstores for more information on other ashdown. he also saw algernon and jeremiah together when aleksy got injured, and that weird thing with the hands (ie that awesome power)! alois' fam also owns a bookstore out of state, so he has a native appreciation for books and nerdery of literary descent! would you be interested in an rp?

Sure! I was also going to possibly have my character Jaro come by alois place sometime because he's developed a sudden interest in CLAWS and he's an artist of a sort.

If you want to drop by Bibliophile I can have Algie there, you can start that up. If you are open to Jaro- I can start that?  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:45 am
iloveyouDIE
Hetzerei
hi!

Sure! I was also going to possibly have my character Jaro come by alois place sometime because he's developed a sudden interest in CLAWS and he's an artist of a sort.

If you want to drop by Bibliophile I can have Algie there, you can start that up. If you are open to Jaro- I can start that?

sure, both sound fine! i'll see if i can write the start during work tonight! otherwise it'll just come after work.  

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:43 pm
iloveyouDIE

Hello! So, I saw Borr owns the dive bar turned place-to-be. Is he hiring cooks at all? I have Evie who I've written down as a line cook (swing/graveyard shift). I was wondering if she could work there? o uo If not I can always just make up some fake diner for her work.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:07 pm
Magician Arcana

Hello! So, I saw Borr owns the dive bar turned place-to-be. Is he hiring cooks at all? I have Evie who I've written down as a line cook (swing/graveyard shift). I was wondering if she could work there? o uo If not I can always just make up some fake diner for her work.

Borr just hired his 5th played character today in the bar and I had (seriously a couple hours ago) JUST decided to cut off more hirings because of the size of the place and number of employees.
He has 2 cooks at the moment (Nasir & Dhan), as well as 2 PC wait staff and a new bartender besides Borr himself. Honestly if he took anyone else he'd be aiming for some more part time wait staff... but probably not -- the idea of having anymore characters under his wing is kinda stressful @_@

I would def love to see a diner though surprised I don't think we have one in the Guidebook at all  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:45 pm
iloveyouDIE

Ahaha, that's all right! I noticed there were a TON of player characters in the employee section so I figured it was a longshot. <3

I'll throw up a Diner than for Ashdown~ some greasy spoon for cheap eats.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:38 pm
iloveyouDIE

HI I SAID I'D COME AT YOU WITH AN IDEA but I lied because tbh all of them sound good?? do you have a particular preference for who you'd like to meet Naz? ovo  

Ephebe

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:37 pm
hallloooo

Got a couple ideas to toss at you!
Horace meeting a sleeping Wil in like idk a park or something and debating waking him up or something.

Horace meeting Borr because he needs to get out more anyway and has only visited Darlene's like once even though he's been in town for over a year.

Preacher meeting Borr because a lil birdie told her he's the best to pump for town info.

if any of these work :0

iloveyoudie

plot threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas