OOC Discussion - Retired Feb 04 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:40 am
This is a very good place to post for in-pride plots and that sort of thing, whether you are looking for general RP or something specific to fill part of a plot, here is a good place to post. This is also a good place to arrange for joining RPs, challenge RPs, and just to discuss things about the pride. It's basically our own little OOC thread.

If you have a question about the pride, this is also a good place to ask it.

The OOC Discussion thread from the previous guild can be found here.

Frequently Asked Questions

Example
Q: Why is the sky blue?
A: Something about reflection.

Questions/Concerns

Q: Do we post males that have been previously posted in the Fathers Day breeding or CC breeding thread?
A: Nope! Posting and approval is for going forward only. Please post from now on, but there is no need to post past requests again.

Q: What about border RP?
A: So long as the RP is done in the pride sub forum it will count towards the raffle! This will help with those who may only have rogues to offer.

Q: What does the hierarchy look like for the pride now that it includes the Valkyries and the Shield Maidens?
A: Please click the link to see a small diagram, females are ranked much lower than males, but still hold a place among the men. Often times they will be sent out to hunt, deal with small issues or tasked with guarding the camp. On the odd occasion the females will also fight along side them, but perhaps not as frequently as they had before.

Q: What is prowling in the woods?
A: The woods are filled with a number of things, most pleasant and used to fill our bellies, but we assume what you're asking about are the Skadi. These creatures are outsiders of their own home, cast aside to live in an impoverished life style. They won't soon be seen as allies, but shouldn't be killed on sight. They aren't to be taken lightly as they're quick, and clever. Leave them alone with your goods or turn your back and you may find yourself missing an item or two.

Q: Family claims - how do these work or do they?
A: With the recent changes to the hierarchy and strict rules surrounding who may be born freeborn, etc. Family claims may no longer happen. To become Stormborn they must be captured or duel their way into the pride. There is no other way for them to join at this time.

Q: Females - RE: cubs ranks?
A: Please see below list of possible scenarios and their outcomes.
- Thrall? The female, unmarried, and has cubs then those cubs will be thralls.
- Freeborn? The female, unmarried, and has cubs then those cubs will be freeborn.
- Priestess? The female, unmarried, and has cubs then those cubs will be freeborn.
- High Priestess? The female, unmarried, and has cubs then those cubs will be freeborn.
- Shield Maiden? The female, unmarried, and has cubs then those cubs will be freeborn.
- Valkyrie? The female, unmarried, and has cubs then those cubs will be freeborn.
- Married? The females cubs will take on the rank of freeborn. The reason behind this is that her husband will claim any cubs she produces whether he is the father or not.

Q: Females - RE: rank requirements?
A: Please see below for possible scenarios.
- Requirements met for Reaver/certed as Reaver before the update? If you had met the requirements for the rank AND posted prior to the rules coming into effect then you are able to apply for Shield Maiden when the thread is created to do so. Posting in this thread will allow the owner to post for recerting.
- Requirements NOT met for Reaver? If your lioness is currently completing a viking, but did not have it completed by the time of the ORP then she will not be eligible to immediately move into the position of Shield Maiden. Once that RP is completed she will be required to accompany two more vikings to apply for the position.
- Requirements met for Captain/certed as Captain before the update? If you had met the requirements for the rank AND posted prior to the rules coming into effect then you are able to apply for Valkyrie when the thread is created to do so. Posting in this thread will allow the owner to post for recerting.
- Requirements NOT met for Captain? If your Reaver was in the process of becoming eligible for Captaincy, but did not meet the requirements before the ORP then they will be required to complete the full extent of a Valkyrie's requirements.

Q: Familiars - RE: rank of thrall?
A: Familiars have been and will always be Thralls. The Myrsky Syntynyt is a lion pride and any other species will hold the rank of Thrall. [Just to make matters perfectly clear.]

Q: Gods - RE: joining the pride?
A: If a God wants to call the Myrsky Syntynyt home they are expected to abide by the prides rules. If they plan to hang out and just putter around mortals than there isn't much they can or would do. The Famine has taught them that God, although powerful, are not almighty.

Q: Capture - RE: can family capture family as a thrall?
A: Want to capture your mother? Sure. Your father? Sure. That distant god relative, give it your best shot! The pride does not discriminate against the capturing of anyone. If you choose to capture your mother and make her do those chores you hated to do growing up? Not a soul will stop you.

Q: Females - RE: thralls, having them specifically?
A: Yes! A female is absolutely entitled to receiving and keeping thralls. In fact thralls can be given as a gift by the Reavers. This act happens more often when a Reaver is courting a potential wife to be. Wives families would also offer a thrall to a Reaver as a form of dowry along side some of their own bounty.

Q: Marriage - RE: I now pronounce you thrall and thrall?
A: The purpose of marriage is to gain status in the pride. To marry two thralls would be purposeless in a pride that isn't about love. Two thralls are welcome to love one another, breed with one another, and (with permission from their masters) live with one another in a nearly traditional lifestyle, but won't likely be married by a priestess or the high priestess.

Q: Sexuality?
A: *Copied from the Pride Information* This is a pride of fierce fighting lions. Everyone wants to be on top, as it were. The prevailing attitude is that of derision toward lions and lionesses who are same-sex oriented, but this can turn to violent derision if the lion in question is not well-liked. If a lion is homosexual, it is safest to pretend otherwise, or else be very, very discreet. If a lion is discovered to be homosexual, he or she will not actually be driven from the pride, but their quality of life will almost certainly decrease. So if you want to put a homosexual lion in for plot purposes, go ahead, but know there may be IC difficulties ranging from mockery to beatings. That said, a male lion buggering another male just to show dominance is considered the height of manliness. The lion in the submissive position in that situation may as well castrate himself, because no one will ever take him seriously again.

Currently: The above is still in effect, but has long since been neglected. Homosexuality is not a plague, but it also provides a purposeless relationship. Again, the relationship is entirely up to the two characters and OOCly the owners, but will likely not be recognized by marriage. If the concern lies with having cubs the rank of the mother will prevail.

Freeborn and higher will produce freeborns.
Thralls will produce thralls.

Q:
A:

Q:
A:

Q:
A:

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:19 pm
I had an SoA that was a thrall when the pride was an I/T Pride. Wondering if because he's not on the Members list if I cannot still consider him apart of the pride if I were to start rping him. His original info was he was born in the pride.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:48 am
Tisiphone
I had an SoA that was a thrall when the pride was an I/T Pride. Wondering if because he's not on the Members list if I cannot still consider him apart of the pride if I were to start rping him. His original info was he was born in the pride.
Khef, right? You're definitely welcome to continue considering him a part of the pride. Just post him in the ranks/rank changes thread and I'll make sure he's added to the master list ASAP. biggrin  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:33 pm
Myrsky Syntynyt

Since there's only 3 priestesses atm, now would I go about applying for that rank? I've quoted all three for an apprentice rp for two freeborns I have, but no response.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:00 am
magnadearel
Myrsky Syntynyt

Since there's only 3 priestesses atm, now would I go about applying for that rank? I've quoted all three for an apprentice rp for two freeborns I have, but no response.
As it stands, the means of achieving a rank (such as priestess) that are listed in the ranks thread are the only ones available, although in the future I may hold a special event to facilitate filling the ranks somewhat.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:44 am
Myrsky Syntynyt
As it stands, the means of achieving a rank (such as priestess) that are listed in the ranks thread are the only ones available, although in the future I may hold a special event to facilitate filling the ranks somewhat.

Quote:
OOC Note: As long as there are open slots, you may apply to be a Priestess and then show evidence of some sort of apprenticeship RP. This RP may be a SRP, but it must be included with the rank change form and must include an actual Priestess character.

Ok so the quote is from the ranks thread. I'm very confused. Do I apply first and then do an SRP or get the SRP done first and then apply? The first part says I can apply and then show evidence of an apprenticeship rp, but then second part says the rp must be included with the rank change form.

Can I use the NPC High Priestess for my SRP?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:10 am
magnadearel
Myrsky Syntynyt

Quote:
OOC Note: As long as there are open slots, you may apply to be a Priestess and then show evidence of some sort of apprenticeship RP. This RP may be a SRP, but it must be included with the rank change form and must include an actual Priestess character.

Ok so the quote is from the ranks thread. I'm very confused. Do I apply first and then do an SRP or get the SRP done first and then apply? The first part says I can apply and then show evidence of an apprenticeship rp, but then second part says the rp must be included with the rank change form.

Can I use the NPC High Priestess for my SRP?
It would be do the SRP and include it with the new rank post. That was kind of confusingly worded on my part. I wouldn't recommend using the high priestess, since she doesn't usually take apprentices (she's far too busy and fancy for that, in her opinion). Just make someone up for the time being, and say that your character's taken her position once she becomes a priestess. I'll fix the post...the next time I'm off work I guess.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

[ Hey You! ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:32 pm
I have a boyo who was accepted into the pride in the old guild, and I finally just finished his winning challenge RP. Would I still be able to get him certed/post him for the memberlist/etc?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:51 pm
[ Hey You! ]
I have a boyo who was accepted into the pride in the old guild, and I finally just finished his winning challenge RP. Would I still be able to get him certed/post him for the memberlist/etc?
Yes, of course. Since he was accepted in the old guild, that still counts for the new guild. If you let me know the name and rank I'll update the master list next time I'm on the mule.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:03 am
Myrsky Syntynyt

I'd like to apologize - with my joining form I thought I'd implied working toward healer, but I worded it terribly wrong so it came across poorly. I'm so sorry. D:  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:23 am
Redbud-Tree
Myrsky Syntynyt

I'd like to apologize - with my joining form I thought I'd implied working toward healer, but I worded it terribly wrong so it came across poorly. I'm so sorry. D:
No worries. I was just making sure that you knew about the RP requirements. It really would be great to have some more people going for the uncerted ranks.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:22 pm
I have a lioness that is on the memberlist, but I have yet to do her duel to get into the pride. May I do a breeding plot to happen before she joins and then do her duel?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:41 am
Kathryn Dragonna
I have a lioness that is on the memberlist, but I have yet to do her duel to get into the pride. May I do a breeding plot to happen before she joins and then do her duel?
Certainly, though I'm not sure the cubs should be on SB lines if they were conceived before the lioness was in the pride ICly.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:33 am
Myrsky Syntynyt
Kathryn Dragonna
Certainly, though I'm not sure the cubs should be on SB lines if they were conceived before the lioness was in the pride ICly.

I do not want them on pride lines since icly they will be starting life as rogue even if some end up in the SB later. I don't feel they even remotely belong on your hard earned lines in this situation. I thank you for allowing my little plot bunnies to run rampant. I think my girl may end up with a thrall or even a mate if all goes well with this plot.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff