[PRP/BATT] Let's Get Fighting Fit (Eostre + Tamiya) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[ Tamiya pays Eostre a kickboxing related social visit after their misadventures at the Royal party and some "physical therapy" ensues. ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:08 pm
Rendezvousing with Eostre was a no-brainer. More arresting, of course, was healing… But since when had staying still and passive done Tamiya any good? After her experience in Chittentown she had sparred with Sinter, and this excursion would be no different. Bolster her confidence, engage with her…. Friends? Whatever she and Eostre were. Tamiya had to reflect on their relationship a while to really figure anything out, but the clues weren’t coming together. The information was all there, it seemed, and yet something was missing. She was so cordial with her, but also with Odette. But then again, Odette was so close to her blood pusher that her flirtatious advances seemed futile. Did she have an angle? Tamiya cursed inwardly. If Odette wasn’t a factor, things would be much simpler. Until then, Tamiya was left with a still-healing gunshot wound, a steely resolve and a very jumbled thinkpan. At least a friendly, platonic meet-up would help smooth over some things. Physical therapy, potential conversation concerning their feelings, light chit-chat, drinks later, whatever.

Tamiya entered the Civisect Physical Fitness Center and looked around, curious to see if the blueblood had arrived. She took a spot in the corner and pared down her clothing for mobility, squinting a bit as she leaned over. The wound had healed, but the residual pain still nagged at her movements and reminded her of Comedi’s limp body, the broken window, Eostre’s bloody gown… Tamiya frowned and took a seat, grabbing a bottle of water from her bag to take a brief swig.

purplerosesbeauty

Sypon
Vice Captain

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:57 pm
Although Eostre had a training block in her hive, it was still technically blocked off by debris and not too usable, much to her lusus' chagrin. She'd been meaning to clear it out but... well. More important things came up. She wasn't against going to the Civisect Fitness Center though, and especially not when she could go and meet up with Tamiya. Sitting in her hive and listening to her dad fuss over her was driving her a little insane, and she wanted to get to spend more time with the purpleblood. Their relationship was now... rather complex in her mind, but they could at least be called some kind of friend. A hate-friend maybe...? It would have been simpler if Tamiya hadn't saved her life like that...

She sat down on a bench in the fitness center and felt the puckered wound from the bullet lightly, remembering. Although it had sealed and healed for the most part, it was still painfully bruised with dark blue and purple tones on her skin, and was exposed with her work out attire of choice. A blue sports bra with her symbol in black, dark, form-fitting leggings with a blue stripe, her signature-pink colored sneakers and a hoodie. In lieu of her gloves however, she wore hand wraps, as she generally did when she was training.

The blueblood stretched her arms out and cracked her knuckles, feeling the satisfying pop. She'd better go look for Tamiya and get this started. She grabbed her bag and walked until she spied the purpleblood in the corner. She jogged up to her.

"Ah, Tamiya. There you are!" she said cheerfully, placing a hand on the girl's shoulders. She glanced at Tamiya's chest, although she couldn't see the wound she knew it was there. Although she figured the response would be about the same as hers, she had to ask."How are you feeling?"

She hoped the juggalo was ready to learn some sweet kickboxing moves.

Sypon
(o: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:44 am
“Eostre.” Tamiya acknowledged her friend with a confirmatory grunt and screwed the cap back on to the bottle. She gave her a wobbly smile as Eostre’s hand braced against her bare shoulder, finding that her freshly wounded exterior coupled with her bound torso made her feel especially vulnerable. Her nose twitched and she dabbed it in thought carefully and idly. Best to hide the unpleasantries of their wounds for now.

“I am well. Rusty and sore, but my spirits are classically mirthful. You look – colorful.”

As hideous as a color such as pink could be, Tamiya couldn’t help but associate the soft tone with Eostre at this point. Not to mention it made her many bruises and other injuries more palatable. As dressed down as Tamiya was tonight, Eostre was bold to show so much skin – blueblood or not. Tamiya rose from her spot and took a deep breath.

“You are here to train me in your agile bun-fighting, yes? I desire to learn. I am very skilled, but you possess some leg secret ******** I intend to understand.” Tamiya slapped a fist into her palm with determination. She glanced over to the ring. The purpleblood’s track record with fighting was messy and brutal, but not necessarily successful. Perhaps her new blueblooded friend could turn the tide for her.

purplerosesbeauty
THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!

Sypon
Vice Captain

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:34 pm
"Colorful huh? Coming from someone like you, I hope that's a compliment." Eostre smiled, and drew her hand away from Tamiya's shoulder. The juggalo could be kind of hard to read, but she figured that at any moment Tamiya was probably being 100% sincere and literal about whatever she was talking about. It was one of her... charming traits. She almost had a couple of those, when Eostre thought about it.

Eostre fiddled with her hand wrap, then answered Tamiya's question, looking back up at the other girl as she stood. She was so tall. "That's the kind of attitude I like to hear! I'll teach you what I can about kickboxing, and hopefully it sticks. Personally, I think too many trolls are dependent on a physical weapon... but what happens when you drop it, or it breaks or something?" Eostre sniffed and crossed her arms, because obviously it was better to be able to fight with your bare hands, just in case. Although that was basically the only way she fought, save for when she pulled out her brass knuckles. Anyone could learn to shoot a gun or swing a sword, in her opinion.

"My lusus taught me all about it when I was a wriggler, and to be honest he'd probably be a better teacher, but whatever. I'm amazing at it too." Her hand waved dismissively as she walked into the ring. She looked around, thankful the Civisect Fitness Center was a little fancy, because it meant the equipment was good. The padded areas felt clean and soft. Being a highblood was great.

"Ok, so I guess I'll just start with some basics," she said, looking over to Tamiya. It's not like she could teach the purpleblood how to perfect it in a few hours, but that was alright. It was just for fun really, like physical therapy to get them back on their feet. Anything too complicated would probably risk injuring (or even worse, re-injuring) either of them... "Whenever you're ready, Tamiya."

Sypon
sorry for awkwardness lmao, trying to get back Into The Groove, and also avoid doing too much in one post.......... r u ready to learn bunfighting tamtam

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:31 pm
“My father taught me as well. I blame myself for not connecting to his tactics.” Tamiya admitted. She was certainly taught how to fight to a degree as a child, but her father’s methods were messy, brutal, and none too fair. Tamiya’s style was more out in the open, raw and basic. Her father offered insight to that rawness, but it came with an animalistic brutality, devilish tricks and ends that were typically too drawn out and torturesome for the purpleblood. She was glad she eventually picked up her club, but now she would have to learn with her hands once again. Fortunately, Eostre did not seem like the troll to make her use them in similar ways.

“If you are so competent, then I look forward to achieving greatness with you at the helm. I am ready.”

Tamiya eyed an open ring, eager to begin with her blueblooded companion.

purplerosesbeauty
lets do it

Sypon
Vice Captain

purplerosesbeauty rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-12)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:13 pm
That was probably to be expected. Didn't most non-garbage, strong lusii teach their kids how to survive? Though, from what Eostre knew of Tamiya's lusus... she wasn't sure what to expect here. She felt first and foremost, her biggest obstacle in teaching Tamiya would be getting her to be loose and rhythmic. She seemed like a very stiff sort of troll, especially with her height, but... well, isn't experience a quick teacher?

Eostre stood the balls of her feet, bouncing slightly in place. The floor was adequately springy, which would make this easier. She waved Tamiya over. "Of course, there's a lot to learn about form and all that, but we can start with throwing punches and kicks. Try to copy me," she said. Her knuckles itched, she really wanted to fight, release some of the tension. She slowly demonstrated a few basic moves, jabs, hooks, front and side kicks into the open air between them. Easy stuff, she hoped.

Then, she inched closer to the purpleblood. "Let's try putting these into action now," she said with a smile, stepping forward and throwing a punch to Tamiya's shoulder. She'd avoid any of the sensitive, injured parts of her body out of respect for their... friendship? Had it been a real battle, her ribs would be a prime target. Thinking of the injury reminded her. She could still remember the blood clear as night. Purple and blue, and Tamiya's hands on her stomach, saving her...

She pushed the thought away, and looked at Tamiya's face, her stern eyes. She had to focus. Even in practice, she couldn't slip up. Eostre pushed her hair back, away from her mouth. "Now attack me."

HP: 20/20
Damage: 3

Sypon
lets just start this part and have Real Fun

Sypon rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:56 pm
Tamiya followed suit, breathing through her nose and already feeling a slight sting from the remnants of her effort at the party. Thankfully, the violence was naturally peaceful. Repetition, force and concentration dissolved any nervous energy that had bubbled up inside of her. Control – form. Tamiya had always lacked finesse. Perhaps the control of chaos was a necessary evil to win fights instead of gritting through them.

“Very well.” Tamiya grunted out. She took a new stance – still unfamiliar and strange for her untrained habits – and rushed forth to attempt to deliver a blow.

A palpable hit! The purpleblood was an awkward fighter, but made up for it with power.

17/20
5 dmg!
(too lazy for abilities but i'm not gonna use any because this is a friendly spar, no chucklevoodoos allowed >: ()

purplerosesbeauty
blows dust off of RP

Sypon
Vice Captain

purplerosesbeauty rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-12)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:49 am

"Good," Eostre breathed. She loved a good fight, and could feel her pumpbiscuit beating hard already in anticipation. It wasn't every day she got the chance to spar with someone she liked... Tamiya was still stiff, but she didn't have very strong hopes she could get her out of that habit with a single training session. And god, Tamiya was strong. Her punch stung a little, but she relished the pain. She found herself glad that this was only sparring and not a battle she was determined to win, because Tamiya would be a formidable opponent.

She bounced to the other side of Tamiya and threw another punch. "You're doing well, Tamiya," she offered as she pulled back and stood a little ways away from the towering purpleblood. "Don't lose your rhythm though, come at me again."

HP: 15/20
Damage: 6

Sypon
adds a bit of shine to this dusty old rp

Sypon rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:21 pm
11/20
(too lazy for abilities but i'm not gonna use any because this is a friendly spar, no chucklevoodoos allowed >: ()

In short, Tamiya lost her rhythm. The powerhouse blows she was used to dealing were well-suited for a large creature - something with lots of points to destroy and subjugate. Not some lithe, diminutive moving target. She recovered from her swing and with her momentum tried to catch part of Eostre's next attack, but there was no way on Alternia she would be fast enough. Tamiya grunted - a thick huff of breath from her nose and the vague twitch of her brow was an unsettling warning against the classic juggalo tradition of poor ********." Tamiya exclaimed simply.

purplerosesbeauty

Sypon
Vice Captain

purplerosesbeauty rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-12)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:04 pm

She missed. Eostre tried to hold back her disappointment of the fight having to be interrupted like this, disguising the small huff that came out as a deeper breath as she stopped bouncing and stood normally for a second. If she wanted to help Tamiya learn she might have to do more than just command her to attack. But, this could give her a chance to get a bit closer, try to get a reaction out of the clown. Things worked out in Eostre's favor, as usual.

Eostre stepped towards Tamiya lightly, "Okay, let me see if I can fix your posture a bit so it's easier for you to move," she said, placing a hand on the purpleblood's back. God, she was tall. "Bend your knees a bit," she said, reaching to touch Tamiya's arms now. "And relax your shoulders, there, good," she said quietly. She gave a quick squeeze of the arm and took a step back, giving Tamiya a smile.

"Okay, try again now." The blueblood took up her stance, a little closer to Tamiya.

Damage: 0

Sypon
eostre, whining: but its gay

Sypon rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:00 pm
Tamiya huffed. She tried to focus on the positions that Eostre was adjusting her into, bending just enough until she felt her posture was perfect. It felt unnatural. And relaxing her shoulders? Trying to release the tension there caused her mouth to twitch. The sensation was bizarre. How could one be relaxed in a fight?

The purpleblood looked hard into Eostre and took a deep breath in… And then realized she might have shifted out of position due to her inhale. “Nope. Shitteryballglobs. Eostre, I am…” Not doing this right. Tamiya didn’t usually second guess herself. She stood paralyzed in place, swallowing down a nervous lump in her throat.

“Show me again?”

11/20 in which tamiya refuses to understand she is bad at something
0 dmg

purplerosesbeauty
User Image

Sypon
Vice Captain

purplerosesbeauty rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-12)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:42 am

Eostre tamped down the flushing feeling in her cheeks and chest. She wasn't going to show that just yet. But it did sound suspiciously like Tamiya just wanted her to touch her again, so she felt as though her subtle flirting was getting through and being returned in kind. Good! Finally. She was starting to be concerned that the clown was dense.

"Okay, okay," she said, returning to her earlier position by Tamiya, but standing face-to-face this time. "It's not a super big deal, but you won't move as fast or smoothly if you keep a stiff posture..." It would make it easier to guess which direction she was going to move, and easier to dodge and attack. But she didn't want to get into the logistics right now. She reached out and put her hands on the purpleblood's arms, moving them slightly. "Just relax. You know how to do that, don't you?"

Damage: 0

Sypon
remember how i said "later today" and then by that i meant "a literal week later"? eostre takes a break to feel up tamiya i guess

Sypon rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:03 pm
oops that was not the correct number of dice  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Sypon rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-12)

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:04 pm
“Relax… Hmm.” Tamiya furrowed her brow, realizing that the tightening of her face was not exactly helping the relaxation situation. She wiggled her mouth around and flexed her brows, taking a deep breath in and out with a roll of her shoulders. Eostre’s hands were warm and comforting. Frankly, the hands-on training was a little unsettling – out of her comfort zone, at least in these first lessons. Sinter had never guided her like this, never directed her like an inanimate chucklepuppet. It was highly unusual, but she supposed with interest that this might be more commonplace for two highbloods. Perhaps she could convince Sinter to assist in this way as well if this was truly as effective if it felt right now.

The juggalo stepped back, still in the pose that Eostre had helped her achieve. “Alright. How is – this?”

She thrust out in a jab, a light but accurate hit. Upon impact, Tamiya seemed to brighten.

1 damage!
11/20  
Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas