Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] First Aid 101 (Davyne/Kamakura) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NAME OF CLASS: First Aid 101
PROFESSOR NAME: Professor Cricket

General information: A general overview on basic illnesses a student might run into, as well as symptoms and quick fixes to things like breaks and deep cuts while on the go!

Each student is given a dummy to work on, though they may choose to partner up in fixing it.

Mechanics:
Roll 1 20-sided dice, what you roll is what your student gets to work with...

Dice Rolls and What they Mean!
1-4 - Broken Bone
4-8 - Fever
9-12 - Heat Stroke
13-16 - Hypothermia
17-20 - Lack of Bodily Function (such as breathing, pulse, etc) - this is unnaturally so.

After this, please roll 4, 4-sided Dice. Take into account their total and any repeating numbers

Total Results and their Meaning

1-6 - You do a rather poor job patching up your dummy, you might not want to try and heal anybody anytime soon!
7-12 - You do an average job, nothing extraordinary, but passable!
12-16 - Extra good work! Your student can now heal surface wounds!, but not repair HP! This means things like cuts and bleeding that might hinder another character can be patched up!

What Repeating Numbers Mean

No Repeating Numbers - You used just the right amount of supplies, good for you! Not wasteful at all.
Repeating 1s or 2s - You didn't use enough supplies, that's rather lazy and Cricket obviously disapproves of it.
Repeating 3s or 4s - You used too many supplies and that's wasteful! Naughty! Cricket might make you earn your supply rights back in a future class!

If you work as a group, split up the dice between yourselves as evenly as possible. So if you're paired up, each person rolls a 10 sided dice and you add up the results to get your dummy!

Then you split up your 4 sided dice to work on fixing it up!

Bonus Mechanics:
For every 3 times you attempt this course, your student may add +1 to their 4d4 dice roll's total to improve how well they patched up the dummy.

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN...

- You are finished rolling both sets of dice and rping out the results. That means you have to START OVER to try again! You may do so in the same thread or a new one if you decide to attempt again at a later date.

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:26 pm
Davyne had discovered an appreciation for the art of healing that she'd never quite had before; while it'd always seemed a practical thing, it'd never directly had anything to do with her.

Now she quite wished she'd taken the first aid classes a lot sooner; it would have been useful to know on her human rescue mission. Although probably humans were different from Halloweeners; still, the point remained.

But she could not change the past, only what came tomorrow, and so on this day she was back in the first aid class, waiting patiently to be assigned a dummy. She was - one with a complete lack of pulse - and grabbed it before making her way to one side of the room. It was best to be, while not secluded, at least slightly away from the throng of creeple in the room, she felt.

leon_a_darkangel

Ephebe

leon_a_darkangel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:41 pm
Kamakura had slipped into the first aid class room intending to try and pick up a few things. When he'd found his useless sack of potatoes for a human, he'd been pretty banged up and bleeding. While humans were certainly different than Halloweeners, the demon couldn't help but wonder what if he came across someone else who was in trouble?

It wasn't like his fire could heal someone, they were meant for burning. Scoffing he was told to find someone with a dummy without a pulse, as he started to reach for a broken limbed one.

His amber-gold gaze glanced around the room, spying one particular familiar face from the other day. Davyne and he had sparred in the gym not that long ago. Making his way over too her, he withdrew one of his gloved hands from his pocket and gave her a wave in greeting. "Hey. Wanna consult one another on this..uh one?" He smiled just a bit, gesturing to the downed figurine.

Kama crouched beside the "victim" and gave it a prod with his index finger. "We can try and tackle it together anyway I figure..." He offered scowling at the doll.

Ephebe.

Ephebe rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-8)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:32 pm
Davyne threw a considering glance at Kamakura before inclining her head, "certainly. That would be most wise."

Particularly because she seemed to have entirely forgotten the instructions for this. "No pulse, so we...?" she trailed off, imitating him and poking the dummy a couple of times. It didn't seem to do much good. "Perhaps bandages?" She looked to him quizzically.

leon_a_darkangel
terrible roll sorry ;;

Ephebe

leon_a_darkangel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-8)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:47 pm
Kamakura watched as she tried to help the dummy. He frowned realizing he was a bit clueless as well. Rubbing the back of his neck he tried to crouch down to help wrap the thing in bandages.

"uhh lets see..this goes here, I'll try next.." The demon tried winding the thing in tape, looking as equally lost as the reaper had. While he wrapped the dummy up fairly well, the real problem was it still didn't have a pulse. Rubbing his neck he shrugged, looking to her with a fairly equal searching confused look.

"Maybe we'll have better luck helping the next dummy, we still have time to practice." He offered the reaper, and while they had done a fairly well enough job to pass this first session..he didn't really feel like either of them had mastered the art yet.

Total Group Score: 8

Ephebe

Ephebe rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:56 pm
"Yes, I think that might be best." Their poor dummy certainly hadn't gotten any better; neither of them quite seemed to know what they were doing with it.

"Perhaps a different one this time." She rose, moving back over to the dummies. "How about this one?"

leon_a_darkangel

Ephebe

leon_a_darkangel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:07 pm
"I'm alright with that, shall we?" Kama chuckled. The demon would rather be lost in decent company than be struggling on his own..at least for now while they were stuck in this course together.

"Hm, yes that seems fine." He nodded with a slight shrug, not minding what they used, hopefully it wouldn't be 'lifeless' at any rate. However this one was freezing cold.

"Ugh, it has a pulse but it's flushed." He didn't mind the warm touch, but he was certain it wasn't good.

Group Total: 12 (Heat Stroke)  
Ephebe rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-8)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:13 pm
She hummed in agreement; "heat stroke?" It seemed likely, at least. How to treat this... "We need to cool it down," she said, rather decisively before getting up to fetch some cool water and a fan.

Handing him the fan, she started applying the cool water, dabbing the dummy down. "This one seems more obvious than the last," she remarked.

leon_a_darkangel

Ephebe

leon_a_darkangel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-8)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:29 pm
Kama was relieved she didn't make HIM deal with the water. He held up the fan, still giving her a strange look as she helped pat the dummy down.

"Yeah, this is less confusing as opposed to the previous one." Kama replied sheepishly. Given his sudden rise in anxiety he suddenly fumbled with the fan and dropped it. Grumbling under his breath he leaned down to scoop it up.

Sure they'd dropped the core temperature, but.. "Hm, let's see what other dummies need our expect care." He rolled his eyes at the notion despite his obvious attempt at humor, making a move to head to the next dummy.

Group Total: 9

Ephebe.

Ephebe rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 pm
She blinked after him for a few moments, not entirely sure how they'd managed to mess that one up - it'd seemed to be going so well and then he'd... gotten nervous? That was usually why creeple fumbled, wasn't it? Davyne furrowed her brow; she was well aware that Kamakura wasn't clumsy, so that seemed to be the most likely bet.

Moving to follow after him, she pointed out a dummy at random; "this one, then?"

leon_a_darkangel

Ephebe

leon_a_darkangel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:07 pm
"Let's try that again, I'll see if I can look past the water element." He swallowed nervously, the feline wasn't against showers or even drinking water..it was just an ingrained fear outside the necessary evils of requirements.

He adjusted his tie as he gestured towards another dummy that had a heating regulation issue like before.

Ephebe
you can have the extra +1 dice for this round of 3 tries if you'd like : D

Ephebe rolled 3 4-sided dice: 3, 1, 4 Total: 8 (3-12)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:43 am
Ah, so that was what'd gone wrong. "Please," she started seriously, "try your best."

Then she grabbed the dummy and moved it back to their spot; the supplies were already there and again she went for the water, making sure to place it as far away from Kamakura as possible while still having it within reach. Hopefully that would lessen his nervousness. "Do you wish to take the fan again?"

leon_a_darkangel

Ephebe

leon_a_darkangel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-8)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:38 pm
Kamakura's ears laid back when she seriously stated to try his best. He tsk'd at her as he scowled ever so slightly. "It's not like I'm trying to blunder you know." He muttered more to himself than anything. At least she'd been considerate and put the water container as far out of site as she could without going out of her way.

The felines tail twitched behind him in agitation, but he otherwise made no comments as he ignored the thing of water..and while he fumbled with the fan initially due to his sweaty palms, he quickly recovered and held the fan close to the dummy. "There.." He added with a small nod.

After they'd taken care of their dummy, Kama practiced a bit more with the bandage wrapping as they chatted, until he'd nearly encased the entire things arm. "It's good to have a bit of knowledge like this under our belt I feel." He mused.

Total: 12!

Ephebe
first aid get biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:09 pm
She'd taken her gloves off to more accurately gauge the dummy's temperature, but it felt like it was coming down nicely. "I think we have this one," she murmured, a small smile on her face.

"Indeed - healing is an immensely practical skill, is it not?" Warming to the subject, her hands were gesturing in the air as an accompaniment to her words, "it is the sort of thing every person should know, I believe - one never knows when it might come in handy. Even if you do not plan for a life of adventure, danger might still find you, after all!"
leon_a_darkangel

Ephebe

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:32 pm
"Well. I think we saved that one." He chuckled, the starts of a grin pulling at his lips revealing pointed eye-teeth over the tops of his lips. "It's a fair enough assumption anyway, much better than patient zero." He added i a semi-serious tone..both referring to the events not that long ago in the human world, and the lifeless dummy they'd gotten at first.

"I would say that's a fair assessment. I'm more offensive based myself...it's worth the risk for the gain of what I can protect by my own might and magic. But knowing how to help treat the wounded was the whole reason I came this way." He admitted, going silent to listen to Davyne. She seemed so animated, this was perhaps the most he'd heard her speak at once.

Raising a brow the demon crossed his arms over his chest. "So both have their merit." He concluded with a shrug before leaning over the table, not watching the clock nor minding the session was nearly over.

Ephebe

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces