Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[HH PRP] An Offer of Assistance [DD(S)] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:53 pm
She had been on the way to yet another class when she had chanced upon the Haunted House as, after a lot of student badgering, she had learned was its name.

And although Davyne had been set on another goal, she could not deny the thrill of curiousity at exploring this place; and should she be lucky, perhaps also chancing upon the Hunter she'd met the last time she was here.

She had questions and queries and things that had been niggling at her, especially after what had happened with the rescue operation for humans she'd recently been in.

medigel
OvO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:06 pm
Dawson felt better knowing he wasn't on patrol on his own this time, but he didn't know a lot about the person he was sharing the shift with--which in and of itself wasn't uncommon, but Dawson was a very sociable sort, and all he had to go off of were her Twitter posts. And those had been, well, mildly morbid.

She was a small and young thing too, and it bothered him to see so many scars one what skin was shown. Maybe he had stared a little too much; she eyed him back, not harshly, but with a sort of strange piercing gaze that made him guilty for possibly making her self-conscious of them.

Great start, really.

"You been here a lot?" he asked her as they reached the Haunted House.

"No. I haven't been in a while." She seemed to grow gaunt as the entered, her bright eyes seeming brighter in the sinking shadows surrounding them.

"Been kinda quiet from what I hear." He waited until she picked a direction before continuing slightly behind her, noting she had rank over him by the design of her coat. "Actually kinda pleasant almost the few times I been around."

Stormy froze, and for a moment Dawson thought he had said something wrong and readied an apology. But then she spoke up, whispering, "Footsteps."

Dutifully he readied his shield as she brought out her weapon as well. his eyes might have bulged a bit at the size and look at it. What the hell were they arming these kids with??

Ephebe
I forget if I gave you daws' ref but here is stormy: general + more scars/weapon

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:21 am
Davyne rounded a corner, blinked and stopped mid-stride to stare at the two other creeple in the room. She had a moment of alarm, muscles tensing to summon her own weapon as the first thing she noticed was the giant sword sported by ghoul. But then her eyes slid to the other person and that was - "Dawson," there was a faint note of relief in her voice as she relaxed, immediately de-summoning her whip.

And the other ghoul was a Hunter as well, she saw now that she was not focusing only on the giant sword. There was no trouble, then.

"Greetings to you," a faint smile grew on her face as she nodded her head to the other two. "I am sorry to have startled you." If indeed she had and they did not simply walk around with their weapons out at all times.

medigel
I don't remember if you did, but I stalked his journal so all is well in any case! <33333 ovob here's one for Davyne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:22 am
Dawson lit up and lowered his shield. "Oh! Davyne, hey!" he greeted her back. He turned to Stormy, who was mildly puzzled and still on guard. "I met her here before--actually, she's part a'the reason I said it's been kinda pleasant."

He grew a little nervous when Stormy continued to just glance between them, though eventually she took began to relax somewhat. Dawson was aware of the opinions some hunters held about Halloween; he didn't fault her for being cautious.

"Davyne, this is, uh, Stormy! We got lumped in a patrol t'gether."

Stormy was a little awkward, having prepped for a violent encounter in the Haunted House rather than a civil one. While Dawson let his shield disappear, she kept Thane out if only to soothe her own jittery nerves about the place, friendlies or not.

"She's not super talkative, heh. How you been, girl?" he asked. "Didja get lost again?"

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:05 pm
"A pleasure to meet you," and the sentiment was genuine, as Davyne was not prone to pleasantries she did not mean. "And that is alright."

To the last question she sighed, nodding her head; "I did. I do not know how this place keeps appearing!"

But the first question was more difficult to answer, for so much had happened since they had last met that she did not quite know where to begin. Perhaps at the beginning then. "The state of my being has been quite varied; I have been thinking a lot, and -" her words faltered, before she managed to gather herself; "I attempted to rescue a human in their own world. It did not... go well."

medigel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:05 am
Dawson chuckled. At least Hunters had to purposefully choose the place; he couldn't imagine just walking around and suddenly appearing in this creepy niche between worlds.

"Rescue?" Stormy asked, frowning.

"Wait, was you in that whole Canada thing?" Dawson supplemented. "There's been buzz about some big mission there with infection n' sh--stuff. I didn' know Halloween was in on it too."

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:04 am
"'Canada'?" A slight frown made itself known on Davyne's face; "I do not know what that is, but I suppose it is possible that a mission or something was involved - I did see several Hunters there, at least."

She thought for a moment before continuing, "and I would not describe us as 'in on it' - I and several others were asked to volunteer to save a human, but the information given was... woefully sparse." A sigh, in remembrance of how things had gone, "in the end we were the ones ending up being rescued. I do not know if any humans were actually saved; do you?" She looked attentively to the two Hunters, eager to know if they'd actually managed to do some good or if it really had all been for nothing.

medigel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:12 pm
"Yeah, some a'them are safe fer sure. They fill up the twitter feed from time t'time now."

"Critter."

"What?" Dawson gave her a puzzled look before it clicked, and then he laughed. "Gawd, I love Halloween puns. But yeah, they safe I think. Was it that DETH group grabbin' y'all 'r somethin'?" He only knew a little from Davyne, and he wasn't sure how active they were about saving humans, but it seemed up their alley.

Stormy, in the meanwhile, looked confused herself, but didn't speak up.

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:44 am
She was not sure what a 'twitter' was and had been about to ask when the other Hunter - Stormy - helpfully intervened.

"Truly?" She brightened; surely if they were well enough to be using critter, then that was a good sign. Perhaps her human was among them - she would like to think so, at the very least, though she also feared otherwise. "That is great news indeed; it was not all for nothing, then."

For his question she thought for a second before answering, "I believe that is likely, though I am not familiar with many of the creeple organizing DETH - my activities have been mostly, ah, solitary. But the instruction book did certainly bear some similarities to the DETH handbook, so I would expect there to be some overlap in one shape or another."

medigel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:53 am
"Yeah, they the more peaceful kinda Hallows," Dawson explained once he caught Stormy's perplexed look. "Grassroots movement. Kinda nice, right?"

Stormy remained neutral faced but nodded.

"Kinda wish I'd been able to go now...Had too much work." He tipped his cap up. "So other than savin' humans n' hittin' this place on shuffle, what you been up to, girl? Spreadin' the good word?"

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:42 pm
"Yes... although not as much as perhaps I should have, in hindsight." She frowned a bit, mainly at herself for her lackings. "I must confess I have been mostly doing nothing since the rescue attempt. I am - there is -" she struggled, not finding the right words; she'd never been the most vocal of creeple and thus often found her words lacking when she needed them most.

Perhaps starting from the beginning and explaining herself slowly would be best. "Since my trip to the human world..." she hesitated for a second but then soldiered on; "I have been thinking, quite a bit. I - I failed my human. Perhaps she lived, perhaps she did not, but either way it was through no effort of my own. There was nothing my DETH teachings could do, nothing I..." Stopping, she exhaled slowly, re-focusing herself. "I do not feel I did much good, but I would like to do more good - Hunters share the same goals as DETH and yet... you seem more pro-active. Is there, perhaps, some way that I can assist you?"

medigel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:36 am
"Uh..." He scratched under his hat in thought. "Y'know, I dunno. We're not supposed t'be friends with y'all, though I don't got a problem with the majority, I guess." He passed a look at Stormy for some input.

The Mist eyed Davyne with an unreadable expression.

"I wouldn't say ya failed her," Dawson put in to help fill that awkward silence. "You tried, yeah? N' I heard it got real hairy back there."

"The only real way you can help us is if we take you in," Stormy said abruptly. Dawson blinked in some confusion, but she continued to answer his unformed question. "The source of our power is our weapons. People are still waiting for the right one to come along to bond; you can help one of them if you decide to become converted."

"Wh..." It wasn't as if he didn't know that their weapons had once been denizens, but it was something else entirely to watch the proposal happen before him. "Wait a minute, we can't just work t'gether?"

"Most would call that treason." Still neutral, still unreadable. "Getting friendly with the things we fight."

"Well we ain' fightin' her, are we?" Dawson protested nonetheless. "Davyne's a sweet gal, we don' gotta push that on her."

"It's just a suggestion. She's free to decide."

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:49 pm
Davyne opened her mouth, blinked rapidly and then closed it again. That - she had thought their weapons were simply clever enchantments made by a sorcerer, not... creeple!

"Your... weapon," she started, slowly, "it is a person? From Halloween?" This was - she didn't know what to think of this. It was so far from what she'd imagined, she found herself at a loss.

To lose herself, to become a weapon for someone else - but... Dawson's weapon had corrected his grammar. And he'd said she was a person, with her own opinions.

"You remain... yourself, after becoming a weapon?" Her tone was half intrigued, half horrified - to even think of this was ludicrous and yet.

And yet if she could not help in any other way, then perhaps this was the way. She found herself shying from the idea even as she thought it and knew this was a matter that would require serious contemplation, if she truly wished to pursue it. She needed to be sure, completely and absolutely - and to start with that, she needed to ask questions and get answers.

medigel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:38 am
Stormy nodded to answer each of her questions. "You won't remember your life here, but you'll still be you," she explained, though she knew it was somewhat lacking. She didn't understand the process itself, only the outcome. "You'll remember your name is Davyne and that you were a reaper. You'll remember it's ghoul, not girl. And you'll be able to see and hear everything your hunter does, as well as talk to them through your mental bond."

"But you don' hafta," Dawson insisted, dismayed they were really discussing this. "Syn doesn' remember her life at all, if she had friends 'r not. You could stay in DETH, that's good people right there. The person ya stick to might be another a*****e 'r somethin'." As if Deus needed more.

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:23 pm
She nodded, taking in the words. That was... she still didn't quite know what to think of it.

The idea of it did seem to be causing Dawson some distress, though. "I have no friends," she spoke, testing out the words, "none that would hold me back from something like this. But being a weapon - I would be... useful?" Unsure, she glanced to the two Hunters for confirmation.

medigel

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces