Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] First Spar (Ignatius and Davyne) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:52 am
Davyne had thought long and hard after being rescued from her own attempt at rescuing a human; many things had been murky to her, but one thing that had been absolutely clear was that there actually was a purpose to honing one's battle skills.

Thus far, she'd considered it somewhat of a waste, sure that there were other ways to improve herself that were far more important.

But that was before she'd failed to rescue her human or even herself and now she wondered if perhaps, had she been more skilled, things might have ended differently.

It was a futile way of thinking truth be told, for she know of no magic that could turn back time - and even if she did, her confidence in her own abilities to create a different outcome had been much shaken by the event.

There was also the haunting thought of her human, blonde like herself, dying from her failure.

But if there was one thing she could do something about in all of this, it was bettering herself - though she'd never sparred before, she had heard that it was good practice and a way to learn how to think quicker on your feet.

So on this day she had gone to the gym, posted herself at the door and with all her usual brand of no subtlety, loudly asked every person who came through the door whether or not they wished to spar.

Speaking of... "Do you wish to spar?"

Seiana_ZI
OvO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:27 am
That whole experience in the human world was disorienting at best. Was their world always that crappy? He doubted that, but what were those things? How had they managed to put so many people asleep? What exactly was that horse? How had he fallen victim to it too? What was with those vines?

So many questions, so few answers.

Ignatius knew he probably wasn't going to find them any time soon, and dwelling on the past had literally never gotten him anywhere. It was so much easier to do other things and if the answer was going to come, it would pop into his head like anything else in time. Either that or he'd talk to a friend and things would sort themselves out. Easy enough, right?

Not like he knew where to start anyway.

So instead of sitting around and trying to puzzle out the answers, or perhaps even the question to ask, Ignatius headed out of his dorm and towards the gym. He definitely needed to clear his head and spar more. There was no way he was going to let Piper win again jackdamn--

Oh, convenient!

"Of course! That's just what I came here for!" Ignatius grinned at the reaper he was facing. "Glad to find people as eager to spar as I am. Shall we?"

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:41 am
Finally someone that didn't shoo her off or say she was annoying!

"Yes," she nodded, a tiny, slightly relieved smile playing on her lips. She'd begun to think she'd never find a sparring partner. "I must warn you however that it is my first time sparring. If I make any mistakes, please do correct me."

She had of course read up on the subject before coming to the gym, but things were often different than they were in books, she'd begun to find.

Seiana_ZI

Seiana_ZI rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:54 am
Ignatius might have felt a little bad for a moment when she said this was her first spar, but he was happy just to find someone to spar with. This had been what he wanted to do, after all.

"I can do that!" Though how good of a teacher Ignatius would be was probably questionable considering he had never done it, he'd certainly give it a shot just like he would anything else.

Ignatius shifted and stood defensively, ready for anything she'd throw at him. Some first time sparrers were surprisingly good after all.

Ephebe
uhhh You can go first hahaha

Seiana_ZI

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:56 am
Again she nodded at him, pleased that he'd agreed to point out any of her mistakes. Then he slid into a stance that was, from what she'd read on stances, either defending or offensive. She squinted, not quite able to tell the difference.

Oh well, someone would have to start this and it might as well be her. With that in mind she summoned her whip, gave it a crack on the floor and then lashed it at him.

It went... pretty terribly, truth be told. Nearly the entirety of her attack missed, except for so small a fraction that it was almost useless.

This might have been the moment it started to dawn on Davyne exactly how this fight was going to go.

((HP: 30/30
Dmg: 1))
Seiana_ZI

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:07 am
The attack the reaper made wasn't... Awful. It hit him, at least, and Ignatius gave an encouraging nod.

"That's not bad!" coached Ignatius, with a grin. "Maybe try whipping me closer to the middle though! I'm not an expert on whips but I think you can do better!"

He was so busy trying to be an Encouraging Coach he forgot to hit her back.

HP: 49/50
Damage: whelp

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:45 am
"Right," she said, fully in agreement except that she had been aiming at his middle.

Fat load of good that'd done, though.

Still, the fight wasn't over yet - maybe she'd get the chance to redeem herself. With that in mind she steeled her nerves and once again lashed out at him with her whip, attempting to do as told and aim even more at his middle.

"It worked," she said, a slight amount of wonder in her voice. It'd certainly not been the sort of attack that would take out an opponent all by itself, but it was at least better than the one prior had been.

Dmg: 4))

Seiana_ZI

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:53 am
Ignatius seemed to think his advice had been helpful, and he nodded again at her response, repositioning himself to brace for impact.

This was apparently a smart idea because the whip came right at his center for a much harder hit. It wasn't anything that could take him down, of course, but it was enough to give him a bit of a start.

"Exactly! See, you're getting it! Hit me again."

Because actually sparring with her was apparently something Ignatius was forgetting to do.

HP: 45/50
Damage: gj ig

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:39 pm
This was turning into a bit of a one-sided spar, but she was feeling encouraged by his comments and went again, aiming the same place as last time.

Dmg: 4))
Seiana_ZI
omg his rolls hahaha

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:45 pm
The reaper's next hit, with the same force, apparently reminded him that this was a spar, not just a coaching session. Right. He was supposed to spar.

He decided to try to be dodgy at first, jumping to the side and shooting out a little bit of electricity at the same time. Ignatius was fairly confident that he landed it, and he offered a challenging, "Come get me!" now that he moved.

HP: 41/50
Damage: 4.....

Ephebe
Apparently he forgot how to Y3 XDD

Seiana_ZI

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:55 pm
"That was fancy," Davyne said, quite impressed with him being able to move and attack at the same time. So impressed in fact that she entirely forgot to dodge and took the electricity straight on, blanching just slightly.

But he had said that she should come and get him, so she probably should. She tried imitating his movements, moving to follow him and attack at the same time - it went even worse than her first attack, her whip cracking at the air about a meter away from him.

"And that was not fancy," she said wryly, sighing at herself.

((HP: 26/30
Dmg: 0))
Seiana_ZI
hahaha xD

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 3 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:19 pm
Ignatius laughed merrily at the compliment, clearly soaking it up. "Thank you! Agility is quite useful in battles," offered Ignatius, because that wasn't obvious already.

He stayed relatively still while she moved to hit him, and frowned lightly when she missed him. Hmm. "Here, watch me again. If you want to move and attack, you kinda need to have a lot of ... Coordination?" Was that the right word? He was fairly sure it was...

The elemental shook his head before taking a sidestep to the right. As he did so, he brought his hands up and moved them where her body was in respect to his, and shot out a bit more electricity this time.

HP: 41/50
Damage: 6

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:39 pm
It might have been obvious, but she still appreciated the reminder and nodded seriously to show him that she understood.

His next attack hit her harder than the last one had, and this time she full-on winced - still, she was determined to see this through, and his advice (as well as demonstration) was sound.

"Like so?" Attempting to imitate his movements, she managed to move and land a hit at the same time, and a proud smile bloomed on her face.

((HP: 20/30
Dmg: 2))
Seiana_ZI

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:46 pm
The proud smile made Ignatius grin right back. Ha! Maybe this teaching and mentoring stuff wasn't so difficult.

(Of course it wasn't, he was the master.)

"Exactly like that!"

Then, he moved again, this time a bit faster to demonstrate, before shooting off another attack. "Give it another shot and increase the tempo!"

HP: 39/50
Damage: 7

xEphebe
And now he's doing much more damage asdfgh sorry

Seiana_ZI

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:07 am
His attack left her feeling a bit winded, but her earlier success bolstered her and led her to try again, this time increasing the tempo as he'd instructed.

It didn't work - her strike with the whip was far off, as she'd neglected to take into account how her increased movement would affect where to aim. Frowning slightly down at her whip, she felt just a bit deflated. "I truly thought I was getting the idea here," she murmured, more to herself than anything else.

((HP: 13/30
Dmg: 0))

Seiana_ZI

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out