Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Call for Sparring Ep. 3 [ Dekana & Leo ] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:14 am
He was eager this evening. His day had gone relatively poorly and he was full of energy - the perfect combination with which to enter a fight. He had something to prove to himself and by Jack he was going to!

Dekana ha been at the Gym for a few hours now, exercising, stretching and generally preparing for the combat ahead of him - he'd gotten another call from his posters. Those things were surprisingly effective! He'd have to remember that when trying to drum up interests in other things, that's for sure.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:22 pm
Hel had said she needed to practice her battle skills, and by jack she would!

So when Leo had seen the poster, the first thing she'd done had been to go get her phone from her dorm (she really needed to start carrying it around more) and give the boil a call. That'd gone swimmingly and now here she was, in the gym, approaching said boil for their planned spar.

"Hey!" Waving enthusiastically with a grin on her face, the Mare strode up to her new acquaintance. "How're you? Dekana, right?"

SkieBorne

Ephebe

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:03 pm
Dekana looked up from his exercises when his name was called, nodding, "Yeah. Are you Leo? Called me earlier today?" He smiled stretched like a cat, and stood, his tail arcing around him gracefully. He looked her up and down but couldn't get a bead on how strong she might be.

"What year are you?" He asked mildly, tilting his head. Sometimes the unassuming individuals were the ones you had to watch out for the most.

Ephebe

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:22 am
"That's me," she said with a grin, hooking her thumbs into her belt. Today she'd worn clothes fit for fighting in, foregoing her poncho for something closer fitted.

"I'm in second year, currently. Well," she gave a small laugh, "actually I've been here for like five years now, but I'm only in Year Two. And you?"

SkieBorne

Ephebe

SkieBorne rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:38 am
Dekana blinked at that and chuckled, "Yeah? I'm year 1 but I've been here long enough to see most of my peers graduate before me. Around five years as well. You've done better then I have."

At least he wasn't alone in his terrible student status. It served to assuaged his growing embarrassment about the delay but it also served to inspire him.

"So, you got any preferences for the duel? No-go's or conditions?" He stretched a bit and took a loose stance, grinning. "Ready when you are!"

Ephebe
orz 1 on initiative... you are not ready Dekana xD

Ephebe rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:33 am
"Not by much!" She laughed, before giving him a thumbs up, "but don't worry, we're gonna get there, both of us! Good things take time, yeah?" Her smile was sympathetic; she knew how it felt to lag behind other creeple, and it was never a good feeling. "As long as you work hard for something, it's within your grasp," she nodded sagely. Hopefully that applied to both of them.

Following his example, she did some quick stretching, loosening up her muscles and then getting into her battle stance. "Hmm, no preferences here! Anything goes, yeah?"

She wasn't about to barge at him without his say so though, so she waited until he'd said he was ready to attack. "Alright!" Her first punch was half-hearted, more a test of his reflexes than an actual attack. That was what she told herself, anyway.

Quote:
HP: 40/40
Damage: ZERO

SkieBorne
hahaha he'll fit right in, considering Leo's lousy attack roll!

Ephebe

SkieBorne rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-12)

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:55 am
"Sometimes a lot of time," He replied with a grin, hands up and ready for her, "Sure, anything goes!"

She'd telegraphed her first attack rather loudly when she threw her first punch and Dekana easily dodged around it. In one smooth motion, he arced around to her blind side and aimed a kick high on her body. These first few exchanges would be testing the water, he figured.

HP: 30/30
Damage: 0

Ephebe

Ephebe rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:24 pm
He was nimble, but Leo was fast. She darted out of range of his kick before it had a chance to land, and was soon darting back at him with a well-aimed punch to his mid-section. The first one had been a dud, but she had a bit more confidence in this one.

((HP: 40/40
Damage: 3 ))

SkieBorne

Ephebe

SkieBorne rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:14 pm
He grunted as her punch struck true, the wind knocked out of him as he tried to dodge. She had a mean left hook! He coughed, grinned, and danced away to gain distance.

As he did so, dark energy seemed to seep up out of the ground and twine up his legs, soaking into him the higher it reached. When it dissipated, he smiled, and motioned for her to come at him, he was ready.

HP: 27/30
Attack: Beginner Speed Boost
(Battle Effect: Once per battle, a player may choose to roll a 4-sided dice. Their accuracy is raised +1 for the next rolled amount of turns. For example, if I state this used effect and roll a 4, for the next 4 turns, my damage calculated is now -5 instead of -6. You forfeit your normal battle attack turn if you want to use this attack. )

Ephebe
lol! I was hoping it'd be for longer then 1 round orz

Ephebe rolled 7 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 2, 3, 1, 3, 3 Total: 19 (7-28)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:51 am
"Okay, that looks super cool. What did you just do?" Maybe in the middle of a spar wasn't the best time to go asking questions, but that'd been a neat effect from the looks of it and she was curious, okay! It was just a friendly spar, besides, not a life-or-death battle or anything so surely he'd be okay with a bit of small-talk.

Still, best not to get so focused on talking that she forgot about the battle at hand. Dekana had motioned for her to attack and in the light of him using his Fear attack, well, so would she. A confident, lopsided smile grew on Leo's face as she drew her arm back in preparation for an attack and in doing so, focused her Fear. Sometimes this attack went well, sometimes it was a bust - she was still getting used to focusing her Fear properly, but today it seemed to be going well.

And then she was moving towards him, angling her torso and throwing a punch with a lot of weight behind it straight at him.

((HP: 40/40
Damage: 15
Special: Leo attempts to focus her Fear and put more weight behind her attack, hopefully making for a harder hit. (T2 Battle Cry) ))

SkieBorne
I feel you orz
also
I am so sorry, I did not expect this attack to go so well ahaha

Ephebe

SkieBorne rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-12)

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:27 pm
Her excitement made him chuckle as he shrugged, "You'll see!" That confidence, however, was short-lived as she hit him like a train. He flew backwards and rolled with the punch, see stars as he coughed up a bit of blood from biting the inside of his cheek.

"Or... you could y'know, throw me around too... that works." Dekana coughed again, holding his middle as he rolled and picked himself up, though he remained on all fours. By the Underworld, that had hurt.

He coughed again and shook his head, tail flicking too and fro. It was decision time... did he hit her head-on or call forth his Fear? He could feel his increased speed flow through him and the thought of surprising her with a quick attack was a most appealing one...

As she watched, he went from crouched on the ground to running at her in the blink of an eye. His movements were swift and accurate as he distracted with an arm motion to strike with a roundhouse kick.

HP: 12/30
Attack: 5 (10-5=5)

Ephebe
Holy Crap! xD ouchie!

Ephebe rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:01 am
Okay, that was... a bit more effective than she'd planned for it to be. "Jack, are you okay?!" He was coughing up blood - what if she'd seriously damaged him?!

She moved closer, hand held out to help him should he need it, but before she made it all the way over to him he was up and running at her. His arm made a motion and by the time she'd noticed it was just a decoy for his roundhouse kick, it was too late to react properly. She only managed to get up a feeble guard and really, it was a pretty shoddy guard. "Oof!" The impact of his attack made her skid back a few feet, but she managed to hold her balance.

So maybe he wasn't that seriously damaged after all. "Okay, nice come-back," she laughed, then toned it down into a grin before darting at him again with no warning, this time going for a kick.

((HP: 35/40
Damage: 4))

SkieBorne

Ephebe

SkieBorne rolled 7 4-sided dice: 1, 4, 2, 1, 1, 4, 3 Total: 16 (7-28)

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:20 am
That kick has caused his side to twinge in pain and he'd stumbled, one eye shutting as he gritted his teeth. Hopefully she hadn't actually damaged anything interior... he really didn't feel like dissipating today.

Her laugh brought him back to reality in time to see the kick coming but be unable to actually block it. He'd have a sore shoulder after this, that was for sure! At least it wasn't the same spot as that doozy of hit from before!

Shaking out his hand, he jumped away, putting a bit of distance between them and noticed his speed had dissipated... Well, that sucked, his speed training hadn't quite been what he'd been expecting. That left him one alternate choice - his personal Fear attack.

She'd be surprised if she thought he'd already used his trump, that was for sure!

The darkness began to seep up from the ground once more, coursing over and through him like dark, ethereal lightning as small shapes, amphibians and snakes, became visible 'swimming' in the lightning. It gathered in his hands and with a casting motion, he fanned the spectral projectiles out at her but they didn't quite reach... he was too exhausted, it seemed.

Ephebe
I forgot he hadn't dealt any damage prior to that last hit orz xD Also, I'm pretty sure a Learn Ability doesn't count as a Fear but if it does, just assume this attack failed or it could fail entirely lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:58 pm
Once again he called on a cool effect, and once again it didn't really seem to do anything. Leo blinked, a bit stumped, but then shook her head; maybe she had hit him too hard after all.

"Do you want to call it?" Her voice and smile was sympathetic as she put a hand on his shoulder; "I don't mind, we can always do another spar another day. Maybe without Fears this time..."

SkieBorne
ahh Dekana, the dice rolls are not nice to you in this spar ;;; /pats <333

Ephebe

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:08 am
Dekana stood there, obviously disappointed in himself and when she asked if they should call it, the shadow panther definitely had a moment of conflict. Pride bid him continue but practicality questioned the wisdom of that - Dekana was, in fact, hurting and his Fear was simply not responding as well as a result of it. His opponent was barely winded while he was having trouble standing.

He hated to admit it, but he was currently out-gunned. "Probably should call it... I'd really rather not dissipate." Dekana offered a weak laugh then wandered over to her to offer a handshake, "Good fight, you hit hard. Another day we can spar, definitely, and no, no conditions. But we'll get to that when we get to that hey?"

Ephebe
Nope, they are not xD; sadness

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas