Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
Too Spooky (Piltover Jinx x Tigerlvr_Bailey) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 am
"Death isn't some skeleton covered in a black robe with a scythe in his hand. He is beautiful and all around us."

Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:25 pm
User Image

» IM GONNA SWING 「 ↻ FROM THE CHANDELIER
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxI 'MxG O N N Ax L I V E xL I K Ex T O M O R R O Wx D O E S N ' Tx E X I S T
( ◞ like ) ❜ ⋮ it doesn't ) exist
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sun is up, i'm a mess » gotta get out now
»` x 「 ° GOTTA RUN FROM THIS *↓ HERE COMES THE SHAME
xxxxxxxxxx⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

Lucy sat at a small table for two inside of a quaint cafe with a cup of coffee placed in front of her. She was dressed up today even though she normally wouldn't have. Her friend had told her that she needed to get out more and she shouldn't be a twenty four year old without a boyfriend. Lucy was perfectly fine with being alone and being a shut in, but her friend just insisted that she go on a date with this guy she was working with.

With a small sigh, Lucy lifted the porcelain white coffee cup gently as she took a sip of her drink. Why was she even here? She always told herself she didn't need a boyfriend. But here she was, on a blind date. It was so out of character for her. And to make matters worse, the guy was ten minutes late! She had other things to do than sit around for some stranger. With another sigh, Lucy decided to pull her long chocolate hair back into a high ponytail like she usually did when she was out on errands, working or at home. She flipped her wrist gently to look at her watch. Her eyes stared at the ticking line that counted the seconds. If he didn't get here soon she was going to leave. She could be at the grocery store right now while they're having their sale.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:47 pm
User Image

xxȠΌѦҢxx

we'll|put|it|down|to|fate

This town's a different town today
Said, this town's a different town to what it was last night
You couldn't have done that on a Sunday

Noah crunched through the snow, gloved hands shoved deep into his pockets. At some point he had phased into this world, stirring up nothing more than a breeze just slightly colder than the already frosty air enveloping the town. He had already turned around to walk the opposite direction a few times, wondering why he was even bothering, and he was running late for it. His coworker had set him up on this date, insisting that he and one of the girl's friends would get along famously. He knew that she would rip him a new one if he stood up her friend, and although he could disappear and find new footing anywhere he wanted, he liked it here. So he had agreed, and if he wanted to stay in town, he had to go through with it.

Finally outside of the little cafe that his coworker had described, Noah let out a hesitant sigh, sending little ghosts of breath into the air, before hardening his resolve one last time and pushing open the door.

To Noah, the air inside felt no different from the air outside. It was all just... comfortable. His skin didn't really have much sense of cold and hot on the outside. He walked up to the counter, purchasing a plain black coffee before turning to find the girl he was supposed to go talk to. It wasn't too hard to spot her, considering the few other people that were there were in pairs or groups, and the only other loner was male. Noah took the coffee mug that was handed to him with one gloved hand and made his way to the table she had chosen.

"Uh... Hey... Sorry I'm late... I hope you weren't waiting too long..." Noah said as he approached. He didn't think that he should tell the girl he had been busy arguing with himself internally about whether or not he was even going to show. He slid into the seat across from her, pulling his other gloved hand out of his pocket to wrap both around the mug of coffee, and glancing up at her with a sheepish smile.

Last night what we talked about
It made so much sense
But now the haze has ascended
It don't make no sense anymore

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:58 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxI 'MxG O N N Ax L I V E xL I K Ex T O M O R R O Wx D O E S N ' Tx E X I S T

Just as Lucy was about to stand up to leave, a male about her age sat across from her and apologized for being late. She wanted to say yes she was waiting long but she knew better to than act like that. "Uh, no! N-not at all...nice to m-meet you..." the brunette mumbled sheepishly as she looked down at her coffee to avoid eye contact.

She was never good in social situations. Always opting out of parties if she could and if she couldn't then she would be a wallflower. Lucy preferred to keep to herself. Actually liking being alone. But apparently to her friends that was "weird." So here she was. Sitting in a cafe with a stranger. It was completely out of her comfort zone. So much she was shaking from the anxiety of being with a person she's never met without a mutual friend. Luckily to most people it would just look like she's cold.

"I-I'm Lucy...by the way...and you a-are?" she managed to stutter out, still not looking at him directly. Little at a time would she work her way up to be comfortable with him, but that was only if he lived up to what her friend had said about him. If he wasn't, then it was bye bye and off to the grocery store to get her groceries then home to continue reading her favorite book.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:42 pm
User Image

xxȠΌѦҢxx

Noah raised his eyebrow a bit as the girl who introduced herself as Lucy stumbled over her words. She was obviously not a very social person. He guessed she was only here because of the girl who had set them up as well. Lucy didn't really act like she had done it because she wanted to. That was perfectly fine with Noah. At least she wouldn't be expecting anything from him at the end of the day.

"I'm Noah. It's nice to meet you too..." He replied calmly, but awkwardly. He wasn't really sure what one did on a date if you weren't already a couple. Talk about yourselves? What were his interests? What was he supposed to tell her? That he was the Grim Reaper when he wasn't working with her friend? That was no way to start off a date. He could only imagine how that would play out. Finally he started with an easy one. "So... Um... Lucy... How do you know Rebecca?" He asked, referring to their mutual acquaintance.

As he waited for her to respond, he self-consciously tugged at the edge of his gloves, making sure the were secure on his hands before placing them back around the coffee mug. Most people portrayed Death as a hooded skeleton with a gruesome, soul-ripping scythe. In reality, Noah's bare hands were all he needed to take someone's life, although his appearance varied depending on what the subject wanted to see.

It made so much sense

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:59 pm
User Image

Lucy moved her side bangs out of her face as she nodded her head at his introduction. Noah. That's a nice a name. She never really met anyone with the name Noah. "Pleasure..." Lucy muttered with a sheepish smile. She had to admit that he was cute like Rebecca said he was. But he was probably way out her league like most of the guys that have been a potential love interest.

Taking a sip of her coffee, she moved the bangs out her face once more. "We uh...m-met at a party..." she paused for a moment as she pursed her lips, unsure if what she was about to say was appropriate for the date. Eh, whatever. "She threw up o-on me and then I-I took care of her and let h-her sleep at my house...then we became friends..." she told Noah with a little shrug. It wasn't any emotional story like they were first enemies then became best friends or knew each other since child hood. Although they were best friends, their backstory wasn't an exciting one.

Lucy scratched the back of her neck nervously, unsure of what to say next or if she should just wait for him to respond to her story. She was so bad at talking to new people and Rebecca knew that. Why would she does this to her? Was it really her just trying to be nice and get her someone to spend Christmas with? Or was it a way to toy with her to get a laugh out of it?

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:50 pm
User Image

xxȠΌѦҢxx

Noah couldn't help but smile back when Lucy permitted herself to smile at him. She was cute. He would give Rebecca that. It wasn't necessarily a good thing, though. Noah didn't really like risking relationships. Sure, having some company was nice, but he never wanted to risk anyone finding out what he was. Or worse; killing them if it wasn't their time to die.

He had begun to take a sip of his coffee as Lucy explained how she had met Rebecca, causing Noah to pause mid-sip so as not to choke on the hot beverage. He chuckled a little, after successfully preventing the coffee spill. "She must be forever in your debt." He said, thinking that Lucy was a better person than most to take home a stranger who had puked on her. For all he knew, Lucy could have been the only thing that had kept Noah from meeting Rebecca... Prematurely... Most people would have left her to fend for herself.

He let a pause hang between them for a moment, taking another sip of coffee and waiting to see whether Lucy would speak, or if he should. Noah looked around at the interior of the little cafe. "It's much more calm here than it is out there, right now. I like it." He commented, nodding his head in reference to all of the December madness that was going on in the rest of town. Noah wasn't sure whether Lucy or Rebecca had chosen their meeting place, but either way, he was glad it was less chaotic than everything else.

It made so much sense

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:06 am
User Image

Lucy chuckled a bit, recalling the memory in her head now. "Yeah...she's a g-good person...I'm g-glad she became m-my friend..." Lucy mumbled with a small but content smile on her lips. Rebecca was the exact opposite of Lucy, but she was kind and a good friend. Lucy wouldn't have gotten through some events without the help of Rebecca.

Nodding when Noah commented about their location, she looked out the nearest window. "I-It's my favorite cafe...I like s-sitting near the window and w-watching the outside. It's s-sort of feels like when I'm in h-here time s-slows down. A-and I love watching rain. My f-favorite is the cold rain that f-falls on midwinter, just b-before it turns into snow..." Lucy rambled her eyes glued to watching what was going on outside of the cafe. It was like she was in her own world when she was in here.

Realizing what she had just blurted out, she sat straighter than before and stared down at her coffee cup. "O-oh, wow, sorry. That m-must be weird, huh?" she asked with a small shrug. She normally didn't really like sharing bits like that about herself. But she just got caught up in the moment. Most boys didn't really care about stuff like that so maybe Noah found it uninteresting too.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:10 pm
User Image

xxȠΌѦҢxx

Noah sipped at his coffee some more as Lucy rambled on about the cafe, and her favorite weather. He couldn't help but find it cute, although she quickly apologized for it when she snapped back to attention. He shook his head and smiled. "Not at all. It's a very nice time." He agreed, then thought about what he could contribute to the conversation. After all, it was a safer topic than anything about himself.

Noah stared intently at his cup of coffee. "I like Autumn. When the gold and orange leaves are going to fall any day, but they just keep holding on, and the air is crisp and refreshing with just the enough of a bite to need a scarf. And the leaves crinkle under your shoe when you step on them." He offered, sounding a little more poetic than he meant to. Although he mostly felt comfortable no matter what the temperature was, he wasn't always like that, and he could describe it from memory just as well as if it had been yesterday. He drank some more of his coffee as he waited to see what her reaction would be.

It made so much sense

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:10 pm
User Image

Lucy held a small grin on her face as Noah agreed with her and began to tell his feelings about the weather. She clapped her hands together softly and slowly whilst nodding her head in agreement. "Me too! It's a wonderful time. P-perfect for walks in t-the park." Lucy mumbled happily. No one ever really cared about her opinions on things like that so she was glad to have someone who actually listened.

Gently, Lucy picked up her coffee cup and finished off the rest of the warm drink. "S-sometimes, I like to go to the p-park by myself at night to just stare a-at the stars even though it may be snowing or raining." she confessed with a sheepish smile. It wasn't the safest thing to do and going out in the snow or rain for a long amount of time wasn't the best for her health. But it was so beautiful to see the stars late at night that she couldn't help but go when times seemed stressful or helpless.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:26 pm
User Image

xxȠΌѦҢxx

Noah grinned as well, when Lucy seemed happy about his continuing of the conversation she had begun, clapping her hands together gently. He was starting to think that she was pretty adorable, despite how she hadn't seemed to want to be here at first. And Noah was beginning to feel a little more comfortable as well, now that he was here, and didn't really have any option but to push through. He was still a bit worried about the whole thing, though. Even worse than he would have been to stand this sweet girl up, would be if he happened to hurt her somehow... That was always his biggest fear with social interaction...

He hid his internal worry, however, and nodded with a casual smile. Walks in the parks were nice, but unfortunately, a good half of the walks Noah had to take through the park were due to business. It was surprising, the number of people that ended up sprawled in the bushes, or passing away on a park bench in the cold. Again, he had to hide his inner thoughts, so as not to ruin the date then and there.

Instead, he raised his eyebrow, sitting back in his chair and crossing his arms. "You go alone? You know parks can be dangerous at night, right? Especially for girls like you." He smirked, allowing himself to tease her just a bit now that he wasn't feeling quite as weird about the situation. Noah wondered whether she would catch onto what he was implying. "Although I can't say I blame you, it is nice to watch the stars." He agreed after.

It made so much sense

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:49 pm
User Image

Lucy shrugged lightly as she gave him another sheepish smile. "I-I know...but n-no one ever wants to go w-with me or I j-just don't have any t-to go with...ya know?" she mumbled a little embarrassed since it must be weird that she doesn't have a lot of friends. She somewhat preferred to be alone in most cases though. She liked being able to think in peace. "B-besides, no one ever w-wants me...so I'm usually fine..." she added. Most guys didn't really want to be with her. There was always someone better.

Sitting in silence for a moment, Lucy's eyes sparkled as she gave Noah a cute smile. "Y-you should come w-with me s-sometime! That is...i-if you want to..." she offered a little hesitantly, hoping to not come off too strong. She didn't want to make it seem like she was desperate for someone to keep her company. She just thought it would be nice. Lucy fidgeted in her seat a bit, still a little shaky from meeting a new person. If they were at restaurant and ordered meals she would be eating a lot right now. Whenever she got nervous she would eat a lot. But no one knows that. No one knows any little detail about Lucy except maybe Rebecca. But even then Rebecca didn't really pay attention to the details about Lucy either.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:30 pm
User Image

xxȠΌѦҢxx

Noah tilted his head to the side a bit as she explained that she didn't really ever have anyone to go with, and that no one would want her anyways. He waved a hand. "You'd be surprised what some of the creeps out there want." He frowned, having seen it too many times for his own comfort. Although he had just met her, it almost made him cringe thinking about a cute, small girl like Lucy being out there alone at night. All it would take was, just once, being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Noah looked up in surprise when Lucy asked if he would like to go with her some time. Is this really going that well...? He wondered, thinking that he had been way too awkward to make a good enough first impression for that. However, the look on Lucy's face made him nod, giving her a smile back. "Sure, If you'd like. I don't see a reason why not." He somehow couldn't bring himself to turn her down, although he knew it would probably be for the better if he cut this off sooner rather than later. At the very least, though, even if he was dangerous to be around, Noah supposed he would be good protection for her if he had to be...

He sat forward again, drinking the rest of his brewed coffee. He glanced at Lucy, who seemed a little nervous. He wished there was something he could say to make her feel better, but he wasn't exactly good at pep-talks. They would likely just come out awkward, or apply more to someone who was about to cross-over, instead of to the cute, shy, nervous girl he was on a date with right now.

Noah stared into his empty coffee mug for a moment, before looking back up at Lucy, speaking before he had a chance to talk himself out of it. "Do you wanna... uh... Go, walk around town for a few... or something...?" He offered, since so far, things seemed to be going okay. He had to kick himself a little afterward for saying it though. This was not the way he did things, normally.

It made so much sense

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:48 pm
User Image

Lucy smiled happily as she clapped her hands together gently once more. "Oh, that'd be w-wonderful!" she chirped sweetly as a pink tint rushed to her face from her joyfulness. It was the first time anyone had agreed to go stargazing with her. Most people found it boring and crazy that she wanted to go out late at night in the cold just to stare at some dots in the sky.

Lucy looked down at the table, the awkward silence falling in between the two once more. She pursed her lips a bit, her slender legs kicking slightly under the table almost like a child. She didn't know what to say to him. It was nice talking about the weather and the stargazing but she was honestly a pretty boring person. She didn't really have much to say or have any exciting traits.

Her head raised slightly as he asked her about going for a walk. She nodded gently, brushing her bangs out of her face. "I'd l-love to." she mumbled with a half smile. Slowly, the female stood out of her seat revealing the long brown skirt she was wearing and her brown combat boots that were paired with frilly white socks. She looked sort of like a forest fairy.

Pushing in her chair, Lucy made her way towards the cafe door, opening it slightly so she could make her way outside into the snow. Her boots crunched the white blanket beneath her as she turned slightly to make sure Noah was behind her. Should she grab his hand? That's what people on dates do right? Hold hands? She slightly put her shaking hand out to grab his, hoping she wasn't being too forward.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:08 am
User Image

xxȠΌѦҢxx

Noah grinned a little at her shy enthusiasm about walking around town. Lucy stood from her seat, revealing what was below the table, and went to the door, holding it open to make sure Noah was following. He had dropped both of their mugs into a little bus-bin near the door on the way out, and stepped out into the snow after his date.

He pulled his sweater collar up slightly against the chill, out of habit more than actually being cold. Noah had learned to keep up appearances in the world of the living. He was about to start walking, when he noticed Lucy's outstretched hand. He stared at it stupidly for a moment, not quite understanding what he was supposed to do with it. Then he realized that she must want to hold hands. After all, they were on a date, right? That's what a normal person would do... But Noah wasn't a normal person.

Quickly weighing the pros and cons of holding Lucy's hand in his head, he finally gave in, blowing out a tiny puff of air. The entire decision-making process had really only lasted a few seconds, but it felt like minutes to him. Noah tugged at the edge of his gloves again, ensuring that every inch of the skin of his hands was covered before taking Lucy's hand in his gentle grip, and beginning to trudge through the snow towards some of the shops further into town.

"So, is there... uh.. Anywhere in particular you'd like to go..?" He ventured as they went, hand in hand. His other one was shoved into his pocket again. Noah had to walk a bit more slowly than he was used to, so as not to get ahead of Lucy with his longer stride.

It made so much sense

Piltover Jinx

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items