Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Events ] Grand Marketplace
Bring Your OC's to Life! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:22 pm
Bring Your OC's to Life!

We all have precious OC's of ours. They might have had their start in another B/C shop or right out of the depths of our mind. Either way, these OC's are as much a part of us as our deepest emotions. They grow with us, they're there for us to inspire us and to live lives we could only ever dream of. We cry with them, we laugh with them, we love with them, and we grow old with them.

We've heard you! You want some customs here! We aren't ready to fully open them but I know you guys have been super patient, supportive, and loving so I want to do something to give back: I want to bring your OC's to life for free.

Gold is worthless these days and not everyone can help the staff here pay the bills, we understand! But we did want to open up for something special.

Rules ||
→ This is free!
→ OC's will be chosen via CC.
→ You -must- provide references for your oc's.
→ The only drawback is that the design will also be CC. I'll be using your references and implementing them into B'alam. You gotta trust me a little with your babies!
→ I do reserve the right to refuse an OC based on conviction, comfort zones, inability to honor the design in the shop to my liking, or other unstated reasons. Please be aware of that when choosing OC's!
xxxI will also not include symbols that are satanic, pagan, or occultist in nature. I may pick the oc but I may alter pentagrams, upside-down crosses, etc. into something else.
→ OC's must be -yours-. You cannot say you've played a KH character enough to where they're very different they just look the same.
→ OC's must be assimilated into the shop's setting!
→ I -may- do cubs, but that's up to me.

Form ||

[color=cornflowerblue][size=20][align=center][b]Bring me to life![/b][/align] [/size][/color]
► [b]Your SN ||[/b]
► [b]Your OC's Name ||[/b]
► [b]OC Gender ||[/b] ♀ or ♂
► [b]Pick a tribe for your OC ||[/b]
► [b]Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do [u]not[/u] want on your OC ||[/b]
► [b]References please![/b] (Use thumbnails if available, links if not! Do NOT link me to NSFW material!!!)
► [b]Character's Personality ||[/b]
► [b]Tell me about the character ||[/b]
► [b]History/setting/additional info ||[/b]
► [b]Character's theme song ||[/b]
► [b]Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC?[/b]
► [b]How will you assimilate this character to the setting?[/b]
► [b]Additional info/comments?[/b]

Example ||
My OC Ardavan:
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:22 pm
Just in case...  

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:25 pm
Bring me to life!

Your SN || shyanimegrl
Your OC's Name || Sullivan
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC || Fire
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || any that's not Fire Tribe
References please! User Image User Image
Character's Personality || Sullivan is characteristically stubborn in that his first thought is usually to try to excel all on his own without help. And so, it takes him a while to remember that he can seek out advice towards reaching solutions when he is stuck on a task whether it was given by someone else or it was a task he gave himself.
Tell me about the character || Admittedly I draw a notable amount of inspiration from my already existing OCs when I create characters to fit new worlds to explore. So it is like each of my OCs have relatives throughout different dimensions lol and in particular Sullivan resembles my other OC Ryu. Sullivan is a dabbler who has yet to decide on a trade, but content to learn and gain various knowledge and skills until finding what trade he discovers is suited to him that he desires to master.
History/setting/additional info || Sullivan is my Pidgeot Gijinka who I had initially chosen to be an explorer of his original world in occupation with an evident Asian style who I thought would fit in the Fire Tribe from what is known about the tribe so far.
Character's theme song || https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvm1fxJ3wH0
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? I would like Sullivan's story to be part of my Fire (methinks now evidently favorite) tribe series rofl. But yes in all seriousness the inspiration I have for Sullivan is for him to not know at first but realize with time that the Fire tribe's homeland fascinates him in culture and lifestyle and for the feeling of belonging to grow from curiosity as he adds to his experiences in the tribe, from making a home as he familiarizes himself with the many locations and aspects of the tribe, establishing some routines day by day, interacting with others and seeing what developments and features are unveiled and emerge to learn more about, and finding and honing the skills of his calling.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? I have in mind for him to be an explorer in the setting at first after awakening outside of the Fire tribe lands. Then his explorations will transition to focusing on the Fire tribe when he learns and reaches the Fire tribe lands and decides to stick around and begin learning about the Fire tribe in depth.
Additional info/comments? The RotB staffies are so amazing! ;u; <3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:49 pm
Bring me to life!

Your SN || Rosencranz
Your OC's Name || Moon Shine
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC || Water
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || Probably just the Light Tribe fluff, Ice Tribe fangs, and Fire Tribe claws. I want her to be closer to the standard Water Tribe member
References please! Moonstone one, moonstone two, opal

I want her coat to be more like the moonstone if possible, light whites and blues with a hint of very light pink here and there. Her gems can be opals, darker blues and pinks. If possible >.< Eyes can be like the fiery red/pink of the opal, or really whatever. I don't care too much xD
Character's Personality || Moon Shine is very much a River-minded B'alam, preferring to follow their courses and travel the realm. She would travel with the Storm Watchers, gathering tales and knowledge as they went. Calm and serene, most B'alam don't see her bad side. But if you anger her, much like a river crashing over te edge of a waterfall, she can kick up into a torrent of anger. It takes quite a lot to anger her, though. Mostly blasphemous talk against the Grand Weaver is what aggitates her. Or talk against the moon. She strongly believes that the moon is where the Grand Weaver sits to weave life into the world around them, and that the tides are connected to the moon as well. The stars are the souls of B'alam either not yet woven into life, or passed on. She is on the verge of believeing in a reincarnation type of deal, but doesn't actively state it or realize it. As all other Water B'alam, life is sacred to her, and she is very much the pacifist.
Tell me about the character || Moon Shine loves to travel and learn. She is also very curious about the various healing herbs and spells she can make, and has even found that some precious stones have healing properties of their own, especially when charged in the moonlight. One of the things she does when she travels is find precious gemstones in other territories, not only to increase her own stock, but also to see what kinds are out there and to figure out their properties. Almost ritualisticly, she places the stones out flat outside her current dwelling (wherever that may be) in direct path of the moonlight on nights of the full moon. She has found that this is the best time to charge the gemstones. Moon Shine has no bias against other B'alam, although she is not happy with the knowledge that Ice Tribers have a tendency to enslave other B'alam, and isn't quite indifferent enough to the Dark Tribe and their food sources. But she has never said anything to anyone about it, and never will. After all, it is none of her business.
History/setting/additional info || OC inspired by the thought of someone following the sun, so I wanted to make someone follow the moon : 3
Character's theme song || Uh... do I have to find one? Super bad at that >.<
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? I would love to see her find others like her, and maybe make up their own travelling band. Not to mention, become a rather well known travelling healer. Moon Shine would not want to be tied down to one place, or one other, so I do not see her having a mate for a long time. Instead, she will devote her time to helping others, no matter what their tribe, and continue to gather stocks of herbs and stones. Seeing her interact with a Dark Tribe or Ice Tribe B'alam, however, would be very interesting considering she doesn't entirely approve of some of the beliefs that they have.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? Very easily, seeing as she is specifically for B'alam : 3 I will definitely start her off with her Awakening, but after that, she would travel to where the capital currently is, learning things along the way, and then join the Storm Watchers.
Additional info/comments? Uh... iluandpawsandsnipeandalltheothercoloristsyou'reallamazing heart

Bring me to life!

Your SN || Rosencranz
Your OC's Name || Horatiu (has good eyesight)
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC || Dark Tribe
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || Anything not Dark Tribe, I guess xD
References please! I don't really have any references for him >.< I just kind of want him a darker color, either a blue/gray/black, and with milky blue eyes since he is blind and all. Actually.... Eyes? Colors? He doesn't need to be flame-y. This is just a palette of sorts >.< Maybe some onyx somewhere??? >.<"""
Character's Personality || Horatiu is a very laid-back and calm B'alam. After having Awoken blind, he's mellowed out since he first arrived in the world, but he still has plenty of bite left in him. Horatiu is extremely caring and sweet, and adores his Bolf. He doesn't like relying on others for help, but he will if he absolutely needs to. After all, he can't really see how he looks, so he lets others help groom him and make sure he looks clean and crisp : 3
Tell me about the character || Horatiu means "has good eyesight" in Romani, so I thought it was pretty hysterical xD But he's pretty much made for B'alam, just like with Moon Shine. He is a bit adventurous, but has grown extremely cautious over his lifetime. He would rather go on long, slow adventures than rush through something. After all, he could injure himself very easily.
History/setting/additional info || He would have woken up in a small cave and hopefully made a friend with a Bolf, that would have then helped him find his way to the capital. From there, he would have somehow obtained a herd/flock and would train them all to be guides to other Dark Tribers, especially those who are blind.
Character's theme song || I don't really have one, I am sorry >.<
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? Mostly just the Bolf thing, although I would love for him to find a caring mate that doesn't mind his blindness, and whom would love him anyway. But mostly just him being a Bolf herder xD Possibly even getting into some trouble with some other B'alam and managing to fight them off. Possibly finding some sort of way to sense around himself, like supersonic type thing. That would be cool : 3
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? He's made just for this setting, like Moon Shine, so it won't be hard razz
Additional info/comments? ILOVEYOUTHAL  

Rosencranz

Devoted Husband

13,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:25 pm
Bring me to life!

Your SN || Geyser Eelborn
Your OC's Name || Megapi
OC Gender ||
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || Ice Tribe fangs--and no wolf pelt! Super important there.
References please! User Image, User Image
Character's Personality || Heroic! Naive, and also hopelessly, ridiculously, annoyingly romantic. Gullible, but honorable.
Tell me about the character || Megapi may not be good at making things--except mistakes--but his heart is in the right place. He's optimistic, thinks well of everyone, is somewhat gullible, and loves romantic stories. He wants more than anything to fall in love with a beautiful lady and have a classic romance with her. He's a warrior, a fighter, and he never gives up on the things he cares about.
History/setting/additional info || I won him in an RP contest in Soquili, but I was more in love with his backstory than I was with his potential. I've been trying for a while to find a place where I can play him as he was in his backstory--more opportunity for fun stuff!
Character's theme song || Barbara Allen--Blackmore's Night
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? I'd like him to fall in love with a nantlil, true love, put her on a pedestal--and find out that she's not as formal or ladylike as he imagined her to be, but he loves her anyway. I'd like him to start a family with her.
I'd also like him to join a colony somewhere as a knight or a guard or something.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? Mostly by ditching what I was forced to play him as in Soquili, a flat sociopath that just wanted to kill everyone. Not fun to RP. So here he'll just...ionno, wake up somewhere and live as all B'alam do.
Additional info/comments? I have him in another shop as well, but that reference image won't add anything, so I haven't posted it here. Also, I know that there's been some friction between RotB and Soq, but c'mon, it's not like he's going to be a Skinwalker or a kalona here. He'll just be my OC, and I'll be darned if anyone's gonna take him from me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:50 pm
Bring me to life!

Your SN || TruthsoftheWicked
Your OC's Name || Ibaraki Kuuya, but I might just go with Kuuya here.
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC || He'd probably best fit, with his original design, as Wind Tribe
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || I'm pretty good with whatever, especially if it fits the wind theme, so you've got full creative control.
References please! I'm in the process of making a new outfit for him, so here are his looks and the two images I was using to inspire an outfit. I'm totally okay with whatever you want to pull from the inspiration images.

Unfinished With His Mask and Prayer Beads, Bust With No Mask, Outfit Inspiration One, Outfit Insiration Two

Character's Personality || Kuuya is seeming innocuous, from the observers prospective he's extremely distracted or simply bored with everything around him. Truthfully, he usually is. He has a particularly strong memory and is highly perceptive, often jokingly referred to as a mind reader due to his insight into behaviors. His real issue with engaging in interaction stems from his memory, tell him something or teach him something and he won't forget it. Anyone who tries to remind him or reeducate him on something he's already stored away is ignored. As a result, he's considered to be a snobby, too good for you, p***k by nearly everyone.

Despite his social aloofness, he does like chatting. Verbal sparing may be better description, especially because he enjoys being sarcastic and sardonic in his replies. Yet under all the piss and vinegar there's an insecure and frightened soul. He's terrified of being hurt by others, and puts on his facade of indifference and bitterness to keep others away.
Tell me about the character || He's based off of Tengu, in general, and so he's powers as an OC were worked out to mimic a number of Tengu traits. Some being mind reading or telepathy like abilities, to martial arts, and wind usage.

His past is explicitly bad, I'll just put it that way. He was trafficked and his body was used by dubious people. So, he's got a lot of baggage. But he doesn't let it define him, and although he hides behind, a literal Tengu mask, it helps him cope and be the snarky guy he is.
History/setting/additional info || Well, Kuuya's gone through a lot of changes, starting as a small female child, to growing up as that child, to then being made into another older female, then being remade as a male character about three times before his final incarnation now. He's an old Bleach RP character, so although I don't have a lot on him in this form dealing with that Fandom, most of his quirks stem from it.
Character's theme song || I never picked one out! ...maybe I can find one.
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? Possibly, he's a rough talking cook and I'd love for him to somehow stay as a cook. But, I was entertaining thoughts of him being maybe a Paroo breeder/trainer. Have his own little flock that causes mischief. Maybe both?
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? Obviously his terrible past wouldn't be there, but he'd certainly maintain that frightened inner self as a quirk of his weaving. If he ends up being forced into slavery for some reason, that would definitely help work his actual story as an OC into the world. But outside of that, I'd have no problem working him into the setting by adjusting a bit of his being here and there until he fits.
Additional info/comments? I don't think so!

AuguryRaven
Crew

Otherworldly Bibliophile

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:14 pm
Bring me to life!

Your SN || Depawsit
Your OC's Name || Aimi - But her name is changing along with a sex change! - Keahilani
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC || Liiiiiiight
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || All except Light ridge and water fluffs!
References please! User Image
Character's Personality || He totally won't admit it about himself [ mostly because he's blind to it ] but, Keahilani is a complete narcissist. He's obsessed with himself and his own looks. Nothing is more beautiful than him, and nothing ever shall be. Except of course, for the sun and its glorious morning arrival.

He's oblivious to his narcissism of course, and doesn't exactly try to be the arse he comes off as. He can be a really sensitive individual, just ... not when it comes to his looks. He genuinely enjoys talking to others and expressing his delight for the joys the daytime gives to them. But don't challenge on him looks! Cause ... kitty has claws.

Kea is incredibly dedicated to the Sun, more specifically the morning in particular. If he had to choose, he feels most at home with his world and The Weaver at the peak of the Sunrise. It could be because he was woven just as the sun rose in the sky, or perhaps its the eerie resemblance he bears to it from time to time. He's never quite admitted to it. But it is true that he is especially fond of his pelt and the morning light, so one can surmise there may be a connection there.

Tell me about the character || As if the world needs another B'alam to go around preaching about something weird right? Well, Kea isn't exactly that weird. No one would dare put him in the same vicinity as say ... Xiao ... But he does enjoy spreading the joy of a good morning. He doesn't quite compute the mix of a sad or disgruntled face in the morning. The words "Not a morning person," have NEVER been in his dictionary. He can't even put them in the same sentence without getting a headache!
History/setting/additional info || Kea is an old character of mine, he came from a shop I used to manage called "Shakaiyo". He was one of my first characters there. It was a game to come up with a theme and a personality to fit. I went with sunrise, and with that I slowly built this idea of a B'alam who religiously obsessed over the sun. The stronger storyline involving his narcissism and appearance only came along when I won the game and received a colored version of my personality and them <3
Character's theme song || *finding*
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? Well there is a lady B'alam who has a right obsession with the Moon. Her owner and I have spoken about maybe having some interaction between them and seeing where it takes us. I think even just as a mutual acquaintanceship these two would have some interesting encounters. Especially coming from different cultures and having seperate views from their tribes to further back their beliefs.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? Kea already so perfectly fits into B'alam! His sex change isn't going to effect his character at all as it relates to transitioning here.
Additional info/comments? justdoit*nike*

---------

Bring me to life!

Your SN || Depawsit
Your OC's Name || Evangeline
OC Gender ||
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || Anything non - fire
References please! User Image - User Image
Character's Personality || Eva's prime personality point is a strong thirst for power. She hungers to feel above others, to feel as though she has a power over someone else. She strives to be better than others, and isn't afraid to prove her abilities. If she finds herself under excelling in a certain category, she will run herself ragged in attempt to be the best at the given talent.

Not always being the type to excel at everything - especially more crafty things, Eva takes her lack of skill out on less fortunate things. Lesser beings in the arena, trees in the forests, even the very crafts of those she's envious of. She's not above destroying those you love to make herself feel better.
Tell me about the character || Eva is the girl who will look Vulkonus in the eye and outright defy him. She gives no effs! If Xiao got in her way spouting off her nonsense, she'd likely get a paw to the face. Kenna? Don't even get her started on that overly strict joke of a migratory Magus!
History/setting/additional info || Eva actually came to exist in Forest Hymn, and her personality flowered as a result of a conversation between myself and someone else in the shop. It was a weird discussion about our two AWD themed wolves, Mercutio and Benvolio. Mercutio had some pretty rough scars, and I wanted a place for them to have come from ... I had Eva but she had no personality at the time. So with a bit of thought, and some debate Eva obtained a personality and the ability to kick some Shakespearean arse 8D
Character's theme song || Papa Loved Mama - Simply for the Spontaneity of his actions. Its something she would do. Perfect fit for her own personality.
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? I'm truly debating a life of 'crime' with MS or a life of rough of tumble in the Brawler's guild for Eva. She just yearns for that power hungry sort of lifestyle, if she can't find the true evil within herself in RP, that she needs for MS' clan. Then she'll need to feed her thirst for power through brute force.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? Easily, Eva has always had a general thirst for power. Though very few and far between, there are alleys for her to travel down to find such things. One doesn't have to look hard if they know what it is they're looking for.
Additional info/comments? justdoit*nike*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:23 am
Bring me to life!

Your SN || Ice_Dragon_Demon
Your OC's Name || Cursa Fireclaw
OC Gender ||
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || None really. I mean none i really don't like so long as they fit the character.
References please!

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Without Shoulders/Gloves/Backpack(Front)
Without Shoulders/Backpack/gloves(Side)
Closeup of Face
Nekkid Front
Nekkid Side
Nekkid 3/4
Razor of the Sunless(Dagger) x2 One for each paw
Spire of the Sunless(Staff)
Character's Personality || Charming,Ferocious, Strong and proud. She's also quite clever and very relentless. Sometimes though she can get ahead of herself. She wants nothing more than to make her kind proud.
Tell me about the character || Initially she was a hybrid of dark and fire and daughter of another of my OCs. She was named for a star in the constellation her father Achernar was named after. Anyway, her and her sister Rana loved nothing more than causing trouble and impressing their mother. Cursa rather enjoyed the darker arts of magic, and studied her favourite of the dark arts necromancy in which she was talented in most of the aspects. Her soul harvesting skills were rather average in comparison to the rest.

Her father died in battle many years ago, he left her a great legacy to improve her renown among the legions. With it she formed her own band. and impressed her superiors. She's Part of the Ash legion and Order of Whispers. She's been trained in stealth and information gathering.

History/setting/additional info || the charr are essentially the atheists of the GuildWars world. Paganic in initial nature they were Led around by false prophets who worshiped the flame god. they broke from tradition and killed their gods. From that they developed a forward moving warlike culture revolves around their legions. The Blood Legion, the warriors, the Iron legion the inventors and the Ash legion a legion of spies.within these legions there are smaller groups known as bands led by Legionnaires. the three legions are still in a midst of a civil war fighting with what's left of the shamanic 'flame legion'. They are also fighting the ghosts of the past, a long time ago men drove them north away from their home. A few hundred years later they returned from the north and marched on the humans who had established a country there. The war was long and bloody many of the civilians fled with the prince while many also remained to fight. Fire rained down from the sky as the Charr ended up victorious. They built a great city structure in haunted ascalon. Many of the dead unable to accept defeat continue fighting the charr as relentless ghosts.
Character's theme song || Rob Zombie - Dragula
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? I'd love for her to fall in with the wrong crowd for a bit before going mostly straight. She's quite fierce too which I could see causing a lot of misunderstandings. I'd also love to see her reject the Great Weaver the god the balam worship and feel as though he'd failed or abandoned her.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? She'll wake like any other balam and live like them.
Additional info/comments? The first image there was her first incarnation from the shop Wyrms of Ranthor. She has horns under her hood but Given GW doesn't actually show the horns because then they would have to make a whole new model for the races.

Also ILUGUYS

Added: Sooraya
Bring me to life!

Your SN || Ice_Dragon_Demon
Your OC's Name || Sooraya
OC Gender ||
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || All of them
References please! Sooraya With Veil, Sooraya Without Veil, Sooraya Nekkid
Character's Personality || Sooraya is a firecracker to say the least but you'd never know hidden beneath layers of cloth, though she respects her families wishes and traditions of the herd she often finds herself wishing she were born a male. She has been taught to carry herself as a mare should, quiet respectable, mysterious much like her grandmother. For her families honor she will be all that everything but herself she is a fiery mare who's skilled with a sword, fierce and determined and very adventurous ever since she was a filly she loved hearing stories of the outside world and her grandmother being a masterful storyteller made them sound that much more appealing.
Tell me about the character || She's the youngest of two to her herd's heir. And older than many of her uncles. Her family is quite large and Traditional. She struggles to live amongst her family and wants to make them proud. Her father once took her and her elder brother for a sword lesson, and Sooraya loved it where her brother did not. She's taken to keeping many secrets, the only one she can confide in being her younger uncle Adel. He was born much weaker than the rest but like her strove to be stronger. She taught him the way of the sword. Sooraya had as often as she could watched her grandfather teach her uncles and father and practiced in secret as to not shame her family. For them she will be as perfect as she can though she often still butts heads with her grandfather. she did eventually fall in love with a warrior from a distant land who was on a search for his brother.
History/setting/additional info || Their home was in the desert region.
Character's theme song || Reflections - Mulan
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? I would love her to start an Arabian themed colony down in the desert.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? Probably the same as any Balam they will simply wake. I'll have to work on getting her a proper backstory though.
Additional info/comments? Nope <3 I think that covered it  

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:58 pm
Bring me to life!

Your SN || Hoshi Lockhart
Your OC's Name || Parisa
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC || Wind
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || Light ridge.
References please! Sketch | Colored | Doll that inspired Parisa
Character's Personality || Arrogant. Creative. Perfectionist. Apathetic. Introvert. Fearful of others. Snide and sarcastic if you try to get close to her. Sad, like she's always missing something or someone. Unfriendly.
Tell me about the character || Parisa has a fondness for dancing and singing. Any kind of music, really. She finds it very difficult to sit still. If anything so much as sounds like a rhythm, she can often find some kind of dance to go along with it. She doesn't, however, like loud sounds and will cower or run and hide to escape it.
History/setting/additional info || Parisa was developed for a B/C shop back in '09 when my story won the contest. My muses were kind of crappy back than and she was designed on the spot. The shop's setting was, if I remember right, each one was reborn from the ashes of a dead fairy/fae and each one had a special domain. Hers was music. Kind of lame to what I could of made her do, but she just had to hear something once and she could repeat it to you on any instrument or sing it. Since she was reborn, I was toying around with ideas of her past self. Mostly involving a lost love, which was going to give her character a progressively more sad demeanor as she started to remember it. Sadly, the shop wasn't around long after she reached the second stage, so I've had to stuff her away and forgot much of my plans.
Character's theme song || Saviour - Lights
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? Doing her past life plans would be interesting, though that would require the death of another B'alam before the relationship gets a chance to really kick off. In this case, before any soul-binding is done. Buuut I don't hold out hopes anyone would kill theirs off that quick. xD Teaching other B'alam a new dance style would also be awesome.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? It's a good excuse to start fresh. She wouldn't change much, only her sadness would be more from watching other couples I would imagine. Loneliness over being completely alone with no companionship period. Then see where plotslife takes her.
Additional info/comments? Her hair is supposed to have glitter in it. It looks more like snow. I can't recall if I wanted that mole and nose ring that's in the uncolored picture. It's not like you can see it in the official art, so up to you? I can't recall if I kept my entry or not that would have those details on it. The colored picture is her as a child and the uncolored was a prize for a Halloween event: Teenage Parisa.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:24 pm
Bring me to life!

Your SN || CaliWolfe
Your OC's Name || Damu
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC || Earth
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || Ice Fangs, Light ridge
References please! *Thumbnail certs link to uncerts c:
User ImageUser Image
Character's Personality || Damu is an explorer/traveler/wanderer who doesn't really fit into one place or another in the world. She's happiest when on the move, having no responsibilities to anyone or anything and able to explore to her heart's content. Damu is also sometimes seen expressing a interest in different culture standards and is also pleased to sit down with a scholar or something and have a nice chat. She's a-okay with making friendly acquaintances or even a rival or two but as soon as things get more personal or complicated she'll express her desire to leave or just run off in the middle of the night to avoid getting herself into a nasty family feud or something.
Tell me about the character || Damu's personality was roughly based off of an old red cougar/cat toy I had when I was a kid, since her coloring reminded me of it. Gosh I don't even think I have the thing anymore but Damu's personality was definitely modeled after it since as a kid it'd always be involved in some sort of life-threatening adventure. I started to think of her as sort of a female Indiana Jones sort of gal and she developed this quirk where she'd always have this serious look to her face. However if it wasn't for that she'd would be an easy character to read as she is terribly honest about everything to everyone. I did use this in her soa character but the flaw was... well, it wasn't all that fun to rp after a while. So I'll be ditching that here with her maybe picking up the trait later on if I ever feel like rping serious-face Damu again.
History/setting/additional info || I won her as a raffle/rp prize in SoA but she had no strings attached and I was free to develop her into whatever I wanted.
Character's theme song || UH. Wherever I May Roam by Metallica works right? Right... >> badatthis
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? Lots. xD
Firstly I want Damu to get overly-involved in some sort of drama and then high-tail it out of there when she realizes it's too much for her. This will serve as sort of a starting point for her feeling too involved with other b'alam in the future.

I'd love for Damu to have a bunch of 'temporary travel companions'. I say temporary because I can see them either getting separated on one of her insane adventures or Damu literally running away from them because she feels she's become too attached. I feel it'd be interesting to have at least one of these companions keep popping up and bothering her over and over again until she accepts that she actually likes having them around as a friend.

I also think it'd be amusing for her to make some rivals/enemies on her travels so that she'd have motivation and drive to go on some treasure-hunting expeditions. Otherwise she'd probably not even take interest in the idea.

This is probably going to sound terrible but I also want Damu to fall in love, only to lose the person she loves. This can be them not returning her feelings or losing them in some sort of tragic accident or even just them getting separated and unable to find each other again (In which case no death is needed). It might be something that could be used to help encourage her to keep traveling around the world, hoping that she'll find them again. Though this plot is something of a later-down-the-line after she's already developed and had a chance to explore RoB.

Also lots of little plots! I can see her being dragged into small rescue missions or games to play while on her endless journey, as well as that person in the background of META events and the alike. xD

How will you assimilate this character to the setting? Fairly easily actually. Explore-loving b'alam wakes up in jungle, begins exploring. Everything will snowball from there.
Additional info/comments? ilyalljust-letmehugyouokay?!  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:54 am
Bring me to life!

Your SN || ChaosTheories
Your OC's Name || Linnie
OC Gender ||
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || Fire Claws, Ice Fangs
References please!
http://chaostheories.deviantart.com/art/Chaos-Reference-358567884
Character's Personality || Linnie is based on me when I was a child. So think of a 12 year old girls' personality. She is playful, curious, and pretty naive to the world. She'd rather roll around in flowers than pay attention to the goings-on of more mature B'alam. She's also pretty sensitive, so she can take criticism pretty badly and she can be pretty easily scared. Sometimes if she's scared or angry she will lash out destructively when she doesn't really mean to. But in the end, she just wants others to like her, and she's pretty darn cuddly with her friends.
Tell me about the character || Typically Linnie is a character who always lives in the present, so she doesn't have much of a set past or a set future. The main things that remain constant is that she doesn't remember who raised her, nor does she put much thought into it. She's also a wanderer, without a set place to belong to. This sometimes changes in character development, but she adores the freedom to go and see what she likes.
History/setting/additional info || Linnie started out as my "fursona" when I was - you guessed it - 12! She's a red fox/fennec fox hybrid with unique markings inspired by pieces of my life. Although I quickly fell out of love over the whole "furry" thing, Linnie remained in my mind and even kept my real life nickname as her name. She's gone through many designs and incarnations since then, transforming as I grew up. A couple of years ago, I started getting her in various B/C shops and settled on a cute design and set personality for her. Because she is so flexible, she's one of my favourite OCs to get in shops, and she fits in pretty much anywhere.
Character's theme song || I don't give theme songs to characters, sorry! I just find them limiting. >w<
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? I think it would be fun if she gained a bit of a reputation for popping up at random and helping those in need. Since she's not tied down, she could go anywhere and help anyone, within reason. She's pretty childish, but she is not a dumb B'alam, so she'd try her best to help others. She wouldn't stick around, though, so she'd probably get distracted and fly off when the task was done. It would be amusing if she became kind of a myth because she'd appear and disappear so quickly.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? As I said above, she's a super flexible character and the two constants in her history already fit the setting. Instead of having mysterious beings that raised her in her history, she would have just woken alone in some remote part of the land and gone on her merry way.
Additional info/comments? In some incarnations, she has a blue scarf and/or blue jewellery that matches her eyes. It's up to you if you want to add any of that, though. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:53 pm
Bring me to life!

Your SN ||krusnik05
Your OC's Name || Kev
OC Gender ||
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || Totally up to you, open to any concepts
Character's Personality || Kev is essentially a very sensual male. As in he enjoys the touch of others to not feel that sense of loneliness as being alone is a fear for him. He needs to be around others or at least one other individual. Yet that is a fear he keeps very well hidden. This male is a strong male but very relaxed and go with the flow. He enjoys living life to the fullest no matter what and will bring everyone involved on having a good time or he would try very hard to bring laughter to his friends or a random stranger that might be feeling down.
Tell me about the character || This OC is a nomadic type that enjoy encountering others and staying with them for some time. However he is very restless and will leave without saying a farewell, as he doesn't believe in the finality of it. Rather he believes that those that cross his path are the ones he'll meet again someday. Of course his true goal, as shallow and cliche as it might sound, is to find his soul mate to have a great big family. Kev doesn't know why it is important to him but it is. This male doesn't aspire to gain great power or wealth, but knowledge, love and wisdom.
History/setting/additional info || Kev is the only one of my most important, heart of hearts, OC that has never been attempted in any guild. He is originally from Herds of Azreth and in that shop he has a great family lineage that has spanned so much plots and branches of him especially in respect to the Gypsy/Romani culture that I based his whole inner world on. Seeing how the Wind tribe takes after that culture it has really taken so long to tap into him again and get back to wanting to give him a chance in this shop. Not just that but he had a "unofficial" mate, also mines, that having that intrigue between them again, at some point down the line, would be interesting to explore.
Character's theme song || Gipsy Kings- Volare
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC?
~The Great Lineage: I have a fascination with the family tree that Kev would once he found his soul to calm down, to feel settled that he should want to understand the joys of being a parent and to see them grow in making a mark in this growing world.
~Knowledge is Power: Kev would want to gain knowledge in a trade. He wants to be useful in his tribe but also to learn more about the outside world from the wind tribe. It's also the outside world that he might come across his future mate.
~The roots of a clan: Down the lines once Kev has achieved a great deal of knowledge but also has matured completely he possibly would create his own colony, first as a family colony but would open his doors to outsiders seeking a family to care for them.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting?Everything happens at the beginning. The moment he opens his eyes and breathes in the fresh air is where his journey starts.
Additional info/comments? Thank you very much for your consideration and I loves you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bring me to life!

Your SN ||krusnik05
Your OC's Name || Gabriella
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC ||Water
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || No Dark ears
References please! User Image, User Image
Character's Personality || Gabby is regal, respectful, slightly flirty but all around the best female you would ever want around you. She's honorable and cares for others before herself. She is a warrior with a general's mind in battle but a easy going, patient persona out of a battle.
Tell me about the character || Gabriella....is the embodiment of a female. She is both strong and fierce yet kind and nurturing. Her minds is logical and she had a way about her that can reach out to keep even the eating insanity in Taro from coming out of it's confines. Gabriella cares deeply about those around her and would fight for them. Any more about Gabriella....well she would have to stop all the pouting and talk to me after I bribe her with sweets.
History/setting/additional info || Gaby is from Forest Hymn on an idea of her coloring and markings. From there she developed as she is and has become a staple in my OC folders as one of my favorite characters. Gabriella in the FH shop came from a big family. She had four older brothers, Taro and Evangelus (another oc), and was a beta wolf seeking her own pack. Due to school, work, and previously the army, I never had the chance or gave myself the chance and time for her like I should have. I want to remedied that especially when she never got a chance to flourish some more in FH from the family she had there.
Character's theme song ||VNV Nation- Epicentre
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC?
~Awakened by Taro: This would be her beginning rp here in this shop now that I've been thinking about it and it will include Taro. It can lead to a span of several days of being in each other's company that their relationship goes from friendship to that of adopting each other as siblings.
~To join, or not to join the Braves! This would be a self rp or one rp with the other recruits of the Braves in gaining information about the Braves and make a decision on whether she should join or not.
~My soulmate: If the thought out plots with another writer in this shop is still interested, then Gaby would find her soulmate and see how things go from there.
~Insanity!!! This would be the story in how Gaby understands Taro's mental state (if permitted) and finds way to help Taro control his dangerous behavior to keep himself from hurting others that might set him off.
~Too many now to list.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? This could be very tricky considering that Taro came before Gaby. Though perhaps Taro finding her on one of his prowls could be a start on them bonding as siblings.
Additional info/comments? Thank you for your consideration.  

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:59 pm
Bring me to life!

Your SN || Kitomyx
Your OC's Name || Enzi
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC || Wind Tribe
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || No Ice Fangs, please
References please! User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Character's Personality || Enzi is a headstrong young male who is confident in his power but knows how to pick his fights and how to gauge his limits. He doesn't know much about being social, however, and lacks in his knowledge of others. It's very easy for him to underestimate others, whether it be physically or mentally, because he's so focused on himself.
Tell me about the character || Enzi was a fantasy lion OC made to play in a TLK fan site some years ago. He is based off the movie The Lion King (naturally), as well as two books called The Water Mirror, and The Thief Lord. All 3 stories are about lions, but the latter two specify the winged lions of Venice and the significance that the real life statues of winged lions have as symbols.
History/setting/additional info || This lion of mine is from Venice, but was descended from the lions of Africa. Enzi's original backstory starts in Venice where winged lions were once plentiful but had nearly gone extinct, leaving only the stone statues there today to show they ever existed.

His species dwindled in population because food in Venice was getting scarce due to water pollution, killing the fish the winged lions preyed upon. Seagulls, albatross, and pelicans were all they had left to survive on. Enzi, a young adult male, quickly tired of the taste of these birds and instead decided to retrace his ancestry back to Africa to find out how non-winged lions lived.

Enzi traced his heritage back to Africa where he got his Swahili name which means 'powerful'. While he wasn't so fond of the prey the lions there ate, he become rather fond of flamingos. While most African lions didn't even bother chasing after the birds, a winged lion had no problem and even found it a thrill to hunt them.
Character's theme song || You're Going Down by Sick Puppies
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? Selfish as he is, I hope he can learn how to befriend others and have others become important to him. He needs to learn how to care for more than just himself. He also needs to know how to gauge his opponents and enemies better in fights rather than simply being aware of his own physical abilities and limitations.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? This should be pretty simple since, like other Wind Tribe B'alam, he is a wanderer and a free spirit. Since his original version is also a large, predatory feline, the change from a lion to B'alam shouldn't be that huge.
Additional info/comments? Even though you aren't yet ready to open customs, thank you so much for this opportunity to obtain B'alam versions of our OCs! It means a great deal. heart I've really wanted a B'alam for a long time, but I try to keep new characters to a minimum because I want to focus on the OCs I already have and for this reason I try not to go after pre-made pets these days. Instead, I try to go after customs of my OCs instead, so this is perfect for me! Enzi in particular is a feline OC I've wanted to develop more. I believe I've been questing for him as a B'alam since before this shop opened. heart On May, 2014, I managed to make a quest thread here and I think I attempted to win him on some other occasion at an event, but failed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring me to life!

Your SN || Kitomyx
Your OC's Name || Tink
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC || Wind Tribe
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || No Ice Fangs, please
References please! User ImageUser Image
Character's Personality || Tink is playful, energetic, vain, and full of herself. She thrives on attention, loves to flirt and tease others, and won't be told what to do. If someone tries, she'll do the exact opposite. She is most drawn to those who flatter, compliment, and admire her because of shallowness and vanity. She is also very fixated on appearances - both her own and others'. For this reason, Tink is more likely to be found around other B'alam she deems attractive rather than those with pleasant personalities.
Tell me about the character || I got her years and years ago from another shop (now long dead) and named her after Tinker Bell's nickname because of her bright, pixie-like markings. I didn't get to roleplay her much, but I wanted to start her off loosely based off Tinker Bell's personality and allow her to deviate from there. She's very much a free spirit and a rebel just like pixies in general are considered to be; not specifically like Tinker Bell.

She isn't, by any means, meant to be a cosplay, especially because Tinker Bell as a character is very flat (as supported by the quote from her canon source that says she is so small, she can only feel one emotion at a time). I just started her off as a vague stereotype of Tinker Bell because I am confident she will change as I play her and she interacts more with others. I just need the opportunity to do so.
History/setting/additional info || As little as I got to play her before, I don't know too much about this, but I'd like to think that she's pretty social and that she would spend as little time alone as possible.
Character's theme song || Extraordinary by Liz Phair
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? I would like her to gain some more depth - both as a development character and in personality overcoming her shallowness.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? Since she doesn't have too much history as a character, I think it should be pretty easy to assimilate her vague personality/concept. I'm mostly just trying to recycle her design and re-purpose it towards a shop with meaningful plots and story.
Additional info/comments? Even though you aren't yet ready to open customs, thank you so much for this opportunity to obtain B'alam versions of our OCs! It means a great deal. heart I've really wanted a B'alam for a long time, but I try to keep new characters to a minimum because I want to focus on the OCs I already have and for this reason I try not to go after pre-made pets these days. Instead, I try to go after customs of my OCs instead, so this is perfect for me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring me to life!

Your SN || Kitomyx
Your OC's Name || Taifuni
OC Gender ||
Pick a tribe for your OC || Water or Wind Tribe
Character's Personality || Calm, tranquil, patient, serious, gentle, soothing. Is very slow to annoy and rarely gets angry, but when she does, she has the rage of a full-blown storm at sea.
Tell me about the character || Taifuni was a winged water lioness that a friend on Deviantart made for me here. Unfortunately I never got the opportunity to play her, but I would largely like to start by basing her off a stereotypical 'water-type' personality before allowing her own uniqueness to add more facets once she has a chance to develop more through roleplay and interactions with others.
History/setting/additional info || I had never really gotten to establish this in the past, so integrating her into the B'alam shop setting shouldn't be too difficult. I would imagine her parents would be of Water and Air tribes.
Character's theme song || Pure by Superchick
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? It might be fun to develop Taifuni through her difficulties in identifying with either the water or wind tribe. She may even be considered a 'fish out of water' so I think it would be an interesting plot for her to try to find out how she fits in among other B'alam and her place in the world.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? As mentioned in the history/setting/additional info section, since Taifuni doesn't really have a past as a character, this should be pretty easy to do because I can start from scratch with this shop's setting.
Additional info/comments? Even though you aren't yet ready to open customs, thank you so much for this opportunity to obtain B'alam versions of our OCs! It means a great deal. heart I've really wanted a B'alam for a long time, but I try to keep new characters to a minimum because I want to focus on the OCs I already have and for this reason I try not to go after pre-made pets these days. Instead, I try to go after customs of my OCs instead, so this is perfect for me!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:16 pm
Bring me to life!

Your SN || StarshineAngel01
Your OC's Name || Astraea
OC Gender ||
Pick traits, edits, and secondaries that you do not want on your OC || fire fangs and wind tribe whiskers
References please!
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Character's Personality || She is a very social and outgoing and loves helping others out when needed. She usually isn't far so she can run to someone's aid without taking too long to get there. She is really kind , generous, adaptable and is a go with the flow type.
Tell me about the character || She originally started as a design idea that I really wanted to see but after getting two different versions of her for different b/c shops I really liked the end result so I decided to make her an OC.
History/setting/additional info || There isn't much history to her since I haven't actually rped her much yet.
Character's theme song || To be honest I don't really talk down theme songs for any of my characters mainly because I don't think they say much about the OC.
Any plots that you'd like to run in B'alam with your OC? Probably making some new friends and then meeting her mate and settling down to have a family of her own.
How will you assimilate this character to the setting? Like I said in the history section, not much history behind her so she would be easily assimilated into the setting and she would be starting fresh.
Additional info/comments? a crescent and star necklace.  

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
[ Events ] Grand Marketplace

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers