Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes
[RP Contest] The Great Mother Wills It.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:05 am
User Image

VALKYRIE I/T THREAD

Welcome to the RP contests that will decide the fates of the Fire Skati and three young cubs who have yet to choose their destinies within the Clan.

Below, you will find the information necessary to enter.
Good luck!

Rules → →

→ Do not be a spoilsport. If you don't win, please don't ruin the excitement for those who have by acting like a sore loser.
→ Do your research. While the Valkyries is still overall in construction, everything you need for this contest can be found in the I/T thread for the Valkyries.
→ ALL of these members MUST remain in the Valkyries. They will never leave. Even the cubs must remain as adults and will never leave. If you don't like this, please don't enter for them.
→ Please remember to follow all shop rules. There are no NPCs, so any B’alam used in your entries must exist and make sense in the context they are used. No random character that supposedly you have in the Ice Tribe suddenly appearing here just for the sake of your entry!
→ Please be thoughtful in your entries. While I'm not looking for novels, I would prefer some detail rather than a single sentence!

Event Opens: June 24th, 4:30PM EST
Ends: July 8th, 10PM EST

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:33 pm
User Image

You are the Fire Skati, one of three leaders within the Valkyries.
Your race is known for their strength and their (literal) hard-headness.
You lead those of the Fire Tribe who come to live among the shadowed cliffs that you call home.

Entries →→
Libra15 -- Ascua

[size=18][b][color=#ffbf00]T[/color][color=#ffb200]h[/color][color=#ffa500]e[/color] [color=#ff8c00]F[/color][color=#ff7f00]u[/color][color=#ff6600]t[/color][color=#ff4c00]u[/color][color=#ff3300]r[/color][color=#ff1900]e[/color] [color=#ff1d00]i[/color][color=#ff3a00]s[/color] [color=#ff7500]i[/color][color=#ff9200]n[/color] [color=#ffaf00]t[/color][color=#ffbd00]h[/color][color=#ffcb00]e[/color] [color=#f9e000]F[/color][color=#f6ea00]l[/color][color=#f3f500]a[/color][color=#f0ff00]m[/color][color=#f2ff00]e[/color][color=#f4ff00]s[/color][color=#f7ff00].[/color][color=#f9ff00].[/color][color=#fbff00].[/color][/b][/size]
[size=10]
■ [[b][u]Username[/u][/b]] ■
■ [[b][u]Name[/u][/b]] ■ ((Nordic-sounding if possible))
■ [[b][u]Meaning?[/u][/b]] ■
■ [[b][u]Personality[/u][/b]] ■
■ [[b][u]Plot Ideas?[/u][/b]] ■
■ [[b][u]Do you swear to be active?[/u][/b]] ■
■ [[b][u]Do you understand that she cannot leave?[/u][/b]] ■
■ [[b][u]Do you swear to uphold all that the Valkyries stand for?[/u][/b]] ■
■ [[b][u]Prompt Response[/u][/b]] ■

[i]You are the Fire Skati.
Many look up to you for guidance and leadership.
What do you think of this responsibility?
What do you think of your Sisters?
Do you see them as different or do you rejoice in the differences?[/i][/size]

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:21 pm
User Image

Below are three lovely little cubs looking for players who will raise them right!
Each one is different and can be played however the winner wishes, but they MUST remain in the Colony.
There will be no winning them and then running off to join other colonies and such.
Each cub has different prompts, so respond to them accordingly!

User Image

Entries →→
1. AstoriaFallen -- Reginleif
2. Rosencranz -- Disa
3. Random Nobody 13 -- Verdandi

[size=18][b][color=#a0d2e9]M[/color][color=#91bceb]y[/color] [color=#728fee]H[/color][color=#6279f0]e[/color][color=#4a7ff4]a[/color][color=#3184f8]d[/color] [color=#008fff]i[/color][color=#2aa6fa]s[/color] [color=#7fd5f1]i[/color][color=#a9ecec]n[/color] [color=#72a1e6]T[/color][color=#567be2]h[/color][color=#3a55df]e[/color] [color=#3a68cd]C[/color][color=#3972c3]l[/color][color=#397bba]o[/color][color=#2b87c9]u[/color][color=#1d93d8]d[/color][color=#0e9ee7]s[/color][color=#00aaf6]![/color]
[/b][/size]

[size=10]

[i]The skies the limit for you!
You can become a part of the Battalion or the Division if you so chose!
How do you view your freedom?
Do you aspire to be anything in particular?
How do you view your Fledgling siblings?[/i][/size]

---------------------------------------------------

User Image

Entries →→
1. Rosencranz -- Kari
2. Random Nobody 13 -- Adelaide

[size=18][b][color=#2981ba]I[/color] [color=#2984ba]K[/color][color=#2985ba]e[/color][color=#2986ba]e[/color][color=#2988ba]p[/color] [color=#298bba]F[/color][color=#298cba]o[/color][color=#298dba]u[/color][color=#298fba]r[/color] [color=#2992ba]P[/color][color=#2995ba]a[/color][color=#2997ba]w[/color][color=#2999ba]s[/color] [color=#299eba]o[/color][color=#29a0ba]n[/color] [color=#29a5ba]T[/color][color=#29a7ba]h[/color][color=#3398c0]e[/color] [color=#4779cd]G[/color][color=#516ad3]r[/color][color=#5b5bd9]o[/color][color=#644ce0]u[/color][color=#6e3de6]n[/color][color=#782eec]d[/color][color=#821ef2].[/color][color=#8c0ff9].[/color][color=#9600ff].[/color]
[/b][/size]

[size=10]

[i]Unlike your winged "sister", you are bound to the ground.
Do you see this as a blessing or a curse?
What do you dream of becoming within the Colony and why?
How do you view your Fledgling siblings?[/i][/size]

---------------------------------------------------

User Image

Entries →→
1. AstoriaFallen -- Vegard
2. BastetAmun -- Aldohokoron
3. Rosencranz -- Skjǫldr
4. Geyser Eelborn -- Gjurd

[size=18][b][color=#651b00]B[/color][color=#5d2d17]e[/color][color=#553f2d]i[/color][color=#4d5244]n[/color][color=#45645a]g[/color] [color=#368887]a[/color] [color=#26acb4]B[/color][color=#1ebfcb]o[/color][color=#16d1e1]y[/color] [color=#24e2e6]i[/color][color=#39e1d4]s[/color] [color=#64dfb1]B[/color][color=#7ade9f]a[/color][color=#8fdd8d]d[/color][color=#a5dc7b]a[/color][color=#badb6a]s[/color][color=#d0da58]s[/color][color=#e5d946]![/color][/b][/size]

[size=10]
■ [[b][u]Do you understand that he cannot leave?[/u][/b]] ■

[i]You are the odd one out - a boy among an estrogen-charged gaggle of girls.
You're limited in what roles you can do within the colony.
How does this make you feel?
Do you aspire to be anything particular?
How do you view your Fledgling sisters?[/i][/size]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:30 pm
This is now open!
Any questions, feel free to ask!

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:09 pm
The Future is in the Flames...

■ [Username] ■ Libra15
■ [Name] ■ Ascua
■ [Meaning?] ■ Ember
■ [Personality] ■ Hard head? Hard head doesn’t even begin to describe Ascua. Her head is so hard she could smash it into the side of a mountain and grin with pleasure as she watches it crumble beneath her paws. Words tend to have a hard time penetrating that thick skull of hers. So you better make your first impression a good one, because once she forms and opinion about you, good luck changing it. It is damn near impossible, so consider yourself lucky if you do manage such a task. Though don’t let that discourage you from getting to know this fiery spirit. Once Ascua views you as an asset, ally, friend, or whichever you wish to call it; there isn’t anything she wouldn’t do to ensure your wellbeing.

To be considered a friend to Ascua is well, an honor in many eyes. Yes she is very judgmental and there for difficult to work your way up her friends list. Quite honestly she enjoys looking down on weaker beings, especially males, and smiles at the fact that she can do so. But don’t label her an evil dictator just yet. No that is not her at all. Sure she self-confident and enjoys walking over the little people, but she would never let her people suffer for no reason. She does, believe it or not, care deeply and whole heartedly about their wellbeing. She will be the first on the lines to defend her people and the last to cast a stone at nothing more than a rumor. She might place herself up high on the totem pole but she knows all too well that the bottom of the pole is where the support is.

If you truly want to enter this complex heart of Ascua, just bring your cubs around. Below her tough exterior she has the softest place in her heart for the little fur balls. She absolutely adores cubs and will go to no lengths to ensure their safety. Anytime she finds a newly awakened cub, she takes the little one under her ‘wing’ (rather boy or girl does not matter) and raises them as if her own. She will even then continue to favor the individual well into adult hood, and basically for the rest of their lives. Once she bonds with another, that bond is very strong within her and will most likely remain for the rest if her existence as long as the individual didn’t do anything to break such a bond.

I could go on all day about Ascua, but the true way to get to really know her is just to meet her. But all in all, here is a way to sum her all up!

- Ascua is very hard headed
- She is very judgmental
- She can be a tad bit of a bully at times
- Ascua has a VERY soft spot for cubs, they are her weakness
- Once you win her over as a friend, there isn’t anything she wouldn’t do for you
- She will go out of her way to ensure her people are taken care of
- She is a fierce warrior
- Ascua is no push over

■ [Plot Ideas?] ■ I do have a few ideas for plots with the Valkyries that keep swirling around in my head. The one that keeps popping up most goes as follows:

Ascua has a huge soft spot for cubs. This is well known throughout all the kingdoms. She would never leave a newly woven cub alone. The Eternal Quilt know of this and have chosen to use her weakness to their disadvantage. They have snatched a newly woven cub and have been brain washing him/her with plans to drop him/her right into the path of Ascua and use the cub to one day bring down Ascua and the entire Valkyrie order…if they can get away with it that is.

Yes I know it’s short and simple right now and would require a lot of people to join in but it’s what has been playing in my head. Well one of them at least.

■ [Do you swear to be active?] ■ I have nothing better to do with my life
■ [Do you understand that she cannot leave?] ■ Yes I do
■ [Do you swear to uphold all that the Valkyries stand for?] ■ I swear
■ [Prompt Response] ■ “Ascua!” The fire Saki awake in a rage. Her claws lashed out to the body that just impacted with her own but they found nothing. Her eyes shot open following and her head shot around the room, only to find no one in sight. It was at that moment she shot her head to directly above her bed, only to find Freyja hovering above her. “Morning!” the wind Saki beamed with a purr, staring down at her fiery sister. Ascua frowned with displeasure as she swiveled her neck to glance out her window. Indeed it was already late morning. Great…she slept in yet again. Her ears flattened as she looked up at the winged female. “Why didn’t you think to wake me sooner?” She sneered but the expression didn’t last long. With one quick, smooth motion she hurled herself off her bed and wrapped her paws about her sister, bringing her back down to the earth with a laugh. “You know I don’t like surprises in the morning!” She pinned her sister down, gently pinning her sister by her wings but careful not to put too much weight on the fragile appendages. “But it’s just so much fun!” Freyja beamed back swiping at her sister in a playful manner. Ascua simply returned her play with a quick affectionate nuzzle to the forehead. Oh how she loved her sister so. She would do anything for her and she truly meant that.

Carefully jumping off the bed Ascua landed and shook off the rest of her sleep. Her light coat barely moving with the motions. She looked back to only find Freyja already standing next to her. “Do you even know how to walk?” Ascua joked shoving her every so lightly before she started to wonder out of her room. The morning was hot, crisp, just the way Ascua liked it. Her horns where already radiating with heat and it felt oh so wonderful. She cracked her back and neck with delight. The sound of her joints and bone popping sending a sharp echo down the hall. “What’s on the agenda this morning?” She looked back to her sister who gave a small leap so she was right up against Ascua. “I heard that there are three new cubs who were woven up last night. They were spotted on the out skirts of the lands.” Freyja flexed her wings. She didn’t need to ask what her sister wished to do…they both already knew one another well enough to know what would happen next.

With a small leap Freyja took off down the halls running at full speed with Ascua in tow, right on her heels. The moment they both bounded out the front door, Freyja took flight. Her agile frame in the air twisting her in the direction she felt was right to go. Funny thing about the Saki’s, they just had that internal instinct naturally of always knowing the right place to go. As for Ascua, well it took her flightless body a little more time. She hurried down the cliff side. Jumping over her people and darting around them. Most knew better and got out of her way as she dashed down the path ways, but some just were not fast enough and forced her to be a little more agile. Luckily however, it didn’t take Ascua long to reach the shore line. From that point forward, it was smooth sailing to where the cubs where located…no pun intended.

-

By the time Ascua reached the newly woven cubs, Freyja already had them under her wing…literally. She was laying on the ground with her wings out stretched to provide shade as the three little new creations played beneath them. It was truly an amazing sight to behold as always. The cubs where not afraid of Freyja. It was already hard wired into there being to know she was a friend rather than a foe. The Great Mother always had a funny way of doing that. It made it easier on Ascua and Freyja for sure when no cubs came up. They always went willingly.

“Who do we have here?” Ascua gleamed as she started to slowly walk over. The cubs stopped only for a moment to glance at the new Saki approaching them before going back to their game of tackle. “Two girls and a boy.” Freyja smiled back to Ascua as she stood up. “Two earth, one air!” This time Freyja’s voice sounded much more delightful. It had been a long time since an air cub had been woven into their lands. “Beautiful!” Ascua smiled. The smile was both sensor and cunning. Even though they were just woven, she was already turning future plans in her head for the three little new babies. “Cubs, this is my sister Ascua. The one I was telling you about.” She motioned with a wing over to the fire Saki.

“What’s with your horns?” The little male was the first to speak as he bounded the short distance over to her paws and glanced up at the strange objects growing from her head. “They keep me warm, and help me fight.” She smiled softly down to the little one before looking back to the two sisters. “Come children. Let us go back to the village and get everyone a room. You will be staying with us until we can find you a family.” She nodded her head. Freyja looked to the winged little girl and nudged her with her snout softly. “You shall fly with me.” She spoke spreading out her wings. The little girl kept silent but looked up in awe at the Air Saki and followed suit. And in a blink they booth took off, heading back to the colony. “Come little ones.” Ascua motioned to the two remaining cubs as she turned her back, and slowly started to walk back.

“What’s your name?” The little girl ran up to walk along the side of her. “My sister told you already, Ascua.” She smiled down nodding her head. “What’s my name?” The little boy asked as he joined the other two females, walking on the other side of the Saki. “We shall have to figure that one out, now shall we?” She laughed lightly. Kids…always full of questions. “Where are we going?” The little girl asked yet another question. As always, Ascua did nothing but answer questions the entire way back to the colony.

OOC: I could go on writing forever but I think you get the just of it so I shall leave it there. And I’m not really creating a back story for Ascua, I know that’s against the rules. Think of this as more of a probable future for her.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:25 pm
My Head is in The Clouds!

■ [Username] ■ AstoriaFallen
■ [Name] ■ Reginleif
■ [Meaning?] ■ “Power-Trace” or “Daughter of the Gods”
■ [Personality] ■
She strives for greatness. She knows that unless choosen she could never be a Skati so she’s settled for becoming a Warmaster. She may be young and a live wire, but she will mellow out as she reaches Adulthood. As a youngster she’s going to be rather energetic and a sponge for knowledge, in all aspects. She believes that you must understand how all of the moving pieces work in order to understand the big picture. She will be a bit strong headed as a youngster but as she ages she realizes sometimes you must reason with others to get what you want done.
She will be relentless when it comes to training others. She will throw everything she can at them and then some just to make sure they are prepared for whatever may come. (WIP)
■ [Plot Ideas?] ■
  • I want her to meet someone who challenges her and pushes her to be better.
  • Perhaps a run in with the Eternal Quilt? Dun dun dun!!!!
  • Someone who doesn’t like her and it makes her want to change their mind about her.

■ [Do you swear to be active?] ■ Yes (minus for the next three weeks… I’m going TDY to Bulgaria…)
■ [Do you understand that she cannot leave?] ■ Yes
■ [Do you swear to uphold all that the Valkyries stand for?] ■ YES!
■ [Prompt Response] ■ (WIP)
The skies the limit for you!
You can become a part of the Battalion or the Division if you so choose!
How do you view your Fledgling siblings?

”Would you mind telling us how you view your freedom?” She was calm, even though a small part of her was nervous. This was her time to let it be known where her destiny awaited. “I view my freedom as an honor and a privilege that comes with great responsibility.” She said very proudly, for she was, proud that is. And it was true, with her ability to soar among the clouds, she had a greater responsibility. Or at least she could have that, if she so chose, and she did.
”Very well.. Do you aspire to be anything in particular Reginleif?” The voice was loud and thunderous to her and she stood there, silent for a mere moment. She cleared her throat and stood tall and proud as she spoke. ”I aspire to be a Warmaster. I want to know I am training the best and to make sure they are, in turn, the best they can be.” For being small she definitely had her mind set on her goals.
”How do you view your Fledgling siblings?” This was a question she had been waiting for. She smiled and began. ”I see them as a necessity. They are as much needed by me, as I am by them. Being ‘different’ isn’t a bad thing, it is a glorious thing. By our differences we can unite together and be better, smarter and stronger. We can train our weaknesses to be our strengths and we can learn to overcome our differences and grow together as one unit.” Her voice was clear and full of passion. She meant every word. Together, and only together would they be able to conquer all that lay before them. For if they were to turn away from one another, it would just lead to their destruction.

Being a Boy is Badass!

■ [Username] ■ AstoriaFallen
■ [Name] ■ Vegard
■ [Meaning?] ■ Protection
■ [Personality] ■ He is aware that he cannot do what his sisters can, but that is alright. He will help to make sure that they know he is reliable and he will do whatever he can to make sure his sisters have what they need. He is determined, he has a fighters spirit and he doesn't back down without a fight. He cares very deeply for the colony and what the stand for and he doesn't feel bitter that he cannot do certain tasks, it was just how he was woven. Fate designed him this way for a reason and he believed it was to hunt and to provide that way.
■ [Plot Ideas?] ■
  • A female that perhaps regards him as weak, mainly because he is a male and not able to do much within the colony. I would like to see how he reacts to something like that.
  • A friend, preferably female, to have his back and let him know that just because he can’t go to battle doesn’t mean he can’t do great things.
  • Perhaps have him cub knapped by the Eternal Quilt. Oooooo. (if they do that kind of thing) Of course he’d be brought back. XD

■ [Do you swear to be active?] ■ Yes
■ [Do you understand that she cannot leave?] ■ Yes (shouldn’t that be he. XD)
■ [Do you swear to uphold all that the Valkyries stand for?] ■ Yes
■ [Prompt Response] ■

You are the odd one out - a boy among an estrogen-charged gaggle of girls.
Do you aspire to be anything particular? Hunter
How do you view your Fledgling sisters?

”You’re limited in what roles you can do within the colony Vegard, how does this make you feel?” He looked up, vibrant eyes shining. There was a part of him that didn’t understand why it was that way. It wasn’t his fault he was woven into a male. Though, he didn’t particularly like the idea of being woven any other way. He was created as such and as such he would stay. ”It makes me feel…” He paused for a moment trying to search for the words. ”…less burdened.” That was it. ”I mean that in a good way. It means I can focus on one thing, verses a great many others.” Though that made him sound as though he couldn’t handle bigger responsibilities. Perhaps they would understand what it was he was trying to say.
”Do you aspire to be anything in particular?” He knew that he would never go into battle and that was, somehow, alright with him. He could better serve the tribe in other ways. ”I will be a great hunter that provides for this tribe and I will bring nourishment to my sisters and brothers and help them to remain strong.” His voice was small but there was might behind his words. He wanted it, as much as a bird craved flight, he craved to hunt and to provide.
”How do you view your fledling sisters?” He remained quite for a small moment. ”I view them as comrades, as someone I can learn from. Even if I cannot do what they can.” He paused to think for a moment before continuing. ”I am also someone that they can learn from in return. When we are apart, we are weak, but when we are together we are strong.” That was what his heart told him, that they were all connected, in some way, to one another. They needed to grow on that and always remember that.

He’s just so pretty, I couldn’t resist entering for him too.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:29 pm
Being a Boy is Badass!

■ [Username] ■ BastetAmun
■ [Name] ■ Aldohokoron
■ [Meaning?] ■ Used the dragon language from Skyrim, it means Destroyer of Enemies
■ [Personality] ■
A born warrior, true and true, Aldohokoron will always have a fighting spirit. He will strive to be the best at what he can, always training to make himself better. He has a bit of an ego about him, believing that he cannot be beaten, which can make him a bit annoying to be around. He doesn't make friends easily as he does not understand how to be humble and he has a one track mind about training and fighting. Aldohokoron also has a fearless attitude about him, believing that he can do anything without any problems, this causes him to get in a lot of trouble as he jumps into things without thinking of the consequences. Although he has a hard time making friends, he does value the ones that he has and will do his best to make sure he keeps them safe.
■ [Plot Ideas?] ■

* Friends for him to run around with.
    * I'd LOVE for him to be bested by a Female, to have her be his rival and have that end up turning into love.
    * While he cannot be a warrior, Aldohokoron will wish to be a hunter and strive to be the best to make up for the fact he is not allowed to protect his colony.
    ■ [Do you swear to be active?] ■ Yes!
    ■ [Do you understand that she cannot leave?] ■ Yes
    ■ [Do you swear to uphold all that the Valkyries stand for?] ■ Yes
    ■ [Prompt Response] ■

Aldohokoron sometimes hated how he was born into this world, but he knew there was a purpose for him in this world and he would never change it. Just because he was born into this colony that was dominated by females did not mean he could not prove himself with what he was given. He wished, from such a young age, to be a warrior but his gender kept him from that, something that Aldohokoron felt was unfair, though he always kept those thoughts to himself. Instead, he decided he would continue to train himself to fight and use his skills to support the colony by becoming a hunter. He promised himself, he would do everything he could to make sure he was the best hunter that he could be. He did find himself jealous of his sisters, jealous of the roles they would be able to take when they grew up, jealous at the possibilities they had. They were lucky with what they would be allowed to do, but once again Aldohokoron kept this to himself, instead determined to work hard to prove himself from the position he has to take.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:19 pm
Libra15

Loving the entry, however... As per the shop rules regarding NPCs, you can't use the Ice Skati as she doesn't formally exist quite yet. Though you can use Freyja and the cubs and such to your heart's content. The b'alam just have to exist.
D':  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:23 pm
It's no problem. If it's alright with you then I will just replace Ice with Freyja so I don't have to do to much editing. I'm afraid if I re write it I will go on forever again lol. I can just go on and on and on with my role - plays. I just didn't want to use Freyja without your consent since I don't know her personailty.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:42 pm
Libra15

Don't feel bad making your entry too long or too short! I love reading them all! If you feel is a good entry, by all means! Go nuts!

Freyja's personality is very kind and jovial. She loves to laugh and its hard to get her to take anything serious. In all honesty, she makes a terrible leader. But don't say this to her face. She loves her family and her colony and would as easily cuddle a cub as she would smite a foe.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Rosencranz

Devoted Husband

13,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 pm
I Keep Four Paws on The Ground...

■ [Username] ■ Rosencranz
■ [Name] ■ Kari
■ [Meaning?] ■ Chaste or pure
■ [Personality] ■ Kari is a very reserved individual, preferring to talk things out rather than fight. Sweet, demure and well-rounded, she is very aware of everything that happens around her. She aspires to be a great Healer one day, prefering to help others. Kari believes almost everything she has been taught. The only misgiving she has is about her brothers. She thinks they have more of a purpose than the other females give them credit for. Although, she does believe that females are the superior fighters. But that doesn't mean the males aren't capable of other things. So to see the males still able to have jobs makes her happy. She doesn't partake in the "putting down" of the males that surround her, instead wishing to give them words of encouragement. She is a bit odd around all those with wings, however, having a small case of wing envy. She believes that if she just had wings, she could do even more for her colony. But all in all, she is very accepting of all those around her. The thought of the Eternal Quilt frightens her, and she doesn't want to see anything happen to her siblings because of them.
■ [Plot Ideas?] ■ Maybe have her help heal someone somewhere down the line who has a particularly bad wound? Maybe even be unable to save said B'alam and be absolutely crushed by it. Although, that might not be a fun plot considering a B'alam would have to die xD sweatdrop Mating is something she would be unable to do as a Healer, but to have a male that she cared deeply about would be rather sweet. Other than that, I'd like to see her have some conflict with her winged sister. Kari definitely has some wing envy :3 Oh! I could see her taking care of all the young B'alam when she is older. Since she cannot have a mate of her own as a healer, she would take care of the young ones, treating them as if they were her own. She'd also want to keep them safe from the Eternal Quilt. There could be something there as well. Maybe something happened between her and them, like they took a close friend of hers, or when she's older they take one of the cubs she's closer to. Something like that.
■ [Do you swear to be active?] ■ Definitely!
■ [Do you understand that she cannot leave?] ■ Oh yes, I quite do smile
■ [Do you swear to uphold all that the Valkyries stand for?] ■ Yes! I swear!
■ [Prompt Response] ■

Unlike your winged "sister", you are bound to the ground.

Being bound to the ground is both a blessing, and a curse. I can better find those herbs and other items that are needed for healing, but alas, I cannot soar through the skies like my sister. Being able to fly would allow me to traverse distances faster, and reach places I normally couldn't reach to find new herbs. But really, it is all right. Some of us are born with wings, some without. There has to be a reason I was born without them, right?

I dream to one day be a great healer. I would give anything to have it so. To be able to heal someone's body is a magnificent and beautiful power, one that I hope to achieve. I'd rather be able to help those I come across rather than harm. Even if this means I cannot find love, its all right. So long as I can help others continue to live and breathe, all will be right in the world.

My siblings? They all work hard for what they want. I highly respect them. I still envy some of them for having wings, but that's something else entirely. I love them as if we were all from the same litter. I don't want to see anything happen to them, for if something did, I don't quite know what I would do with myself.

(Sorry its so short! I can always add more too >.< I just wanted to do it from her point of view, thought it would be fun, and she doesn't talk much herself either.)

■ [Name] ■ Disa
■ [Meaning?] ■ Active, or free spirit
■ [Personality] ■ Disa is stubborn, hot-headed, quick to anger, and full of energy. Boundless energy courses through her veins, and she honestly has no other way to get rid of it than to rough and tumble with everyone she meets. Disa would rather solve problems with actions over words, and won't hesitate to jump on someone she sees as an enemy. Brash and bold, she has a hard time holding her tongue, and only listens to her older Colony mates, if she ever listens. She doesn't like being bossed around by those younger than her, no matter what. Flying is her favorite pass time, and she also quite enjoys hanging around in trees. Her dream is simply to be one of the best fighters in the colony, and she will do anything to get herself there. Which probably won't help in the long run.
■ [Plot Ideas?] ■ Seeing her be denied a position would be amazing, because that might calm her fierce spirit and make her realize that fighting isn't the only way to get what she wants. Not to mention having someone there in general to balance out her sheer ferocity. A mate is always an option, but I doubt it would happen easily with Disa. She's very oblivious to people's feelings. So seeing someone flirt with her would be hysterical, and seeing her hurt some other poor cub would be a great plot to see. Something to bring her more down to earth. Perhaps even some darker offers given to her that don't turn out quite how she wanted, where she is tricked into doing something bad and is left out to dry afterwards, not getting the reward she wants.
■ [Do you swear to be active?] ■ Yes ma'am!
■ [Do you understand that she cannot leave?] ■ Yes siree~
■ [Do you swear to uphold all that the Valkyries stand for?] ■ That I do smile
■ [Prompt Response] ■

My flight is what puts me above the rest! Not many others can fly like I can, and this gives me a grand advantage over the rest. Not that I'd need it, anyway. Most can't handle my fierce claws or sharp teeth when it comes to a fight. My wings just give me an advantage over the rest when it comes to fighting. They allow me to go anywhere and everywhere. I can even fly close to the clouds! When I am older, I am going to fly high above them, maybe even to the sun or moon! Wouldn't that be amazing?!

One day, I will be the best warrior in the whole colony! To be an Elite flyer and fighter would just be the best, and no one can stop me from realizing my dreams! Everyone will see that I am the strongest, fastest, and all around best warrior they have ever seen! *does a few loops in the sky*

My Fledgling siblings? Most are small and weak. Not many can stand up to me! *puffs out chest* They will never be as good as me, not so long as they continue to practice the way they do. They keep claws sheathed and are careful not to hurt each other. I mean, granted, I don't actually hack and slash my friendly foes, but that's just because I don't think they could handle it if I did! But when I train by myself? Practice on trees? I don't hold back, not one bit! If I am going to be a great warrior one day, why should I hold back in my training?

Being a Boy is Badass!

■ [Name] ■ Skjǫldr
■ [Meaning?] ■ Shield
■ [Personality] ■ Skjǫldr is the strong, silent type. He takes the criticism with little empathy, choosing to ignore the insults he gathers from the females of his colony. He has always been a bit larger than most of the other cubs, and he doesn't hesitate to use his size in defense when the female Fledglings try to pick on him. For now, he is content in his role as Hunter, but one day, he wants to change the mind of the females that rule the colony, and show them that males are just as important as they are. He wants to be a Shieldmaiden one day, protecting their home from outsiders and those who look to harm them. He wants to prove his worth to the colony, and show that just because he was born male doesn't mean that he isn't strong or powerful.
■ [Plot Ideas?] ■ I'd love to see some of the female Fledglings pick on him, and to see him stand up for the other male Fledglings. He can't stand bullying and insults. To see him struggle in the female dominated colony is a plot regardless, and I can't really think of anything more in particular. Definitely open to lots of other plots and whatnot.
■ [Do you swear to be active?] ■ Yes~
■ [Do you understand that he cannot leave?] ■ Yeup~
■ [Do you swear to uphold all that the Valkyries stand for?] ■ I do
■ [Prompt Response] ■

For now, it is all right that I am limited in my roles within the colony. After all, I'm just a cub. There's not much I can do to show how useful I can be just yet. But when I am older? Then, I will show them. I'm bigger than most of the females around me, and I am positive I'd be just as great a Shieldmaiden as those who are already in that position. One day, they will realize that we are just as strong as they are. I am sure the Great Mother made us alongside the females for a greater purpose than to breed and support them. There has to be more to it than that, right?

As I said before, I want to be a Shieldmaiden. Or a defender of some sort. I want to be put in a role where my size will greatly help me, and where I can help others. I don't want our home to be left defenseless if something helps, nor do I want my brothers and sisters left vulnerable. I want to be able to do something helpful, more than just hunting and gathering. I want to keeo everyone safe, make sure they all come home in one piece...

My sisters? Noble, strong, and sometimes a bit too bold. I fear that they won't come home if they go off to battle one day. And I don't want that to happen. I'd rather be right there alongside them to help them if they need it. I don't want to see them hurt. Not my sisters. Not my brothers. Not my elders. No one...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:37 pm
Mewsings of An Angel

Then that's perfect. Well then I shall re write it tomorrow sometime or possibly tonight and use Freyja instead  

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Random Nobody 13

Lupine Superfan

13,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:39 am

■ [Username] ■ Random Nobody 13
■ [Name] ■ Verdandi
■ [Meaning?] ■ From the Old Norse Verðandi meaning "becoming, happening". Verdandi was one of the three Norns, or goddesses of destiny, in Norse mythology. She was responsible for the present.
■ [Personality] ■ Verdandi likes to live in the present. She seems very carefree and open, not liking to worry about what could happen or what has happened. She cares deeply for her 'family' and does her best to be the best she can be. She loves to help her fledgling mates as much as she likes to pull them away from their tasks. It'll probably be something that gets her in as much trouble as it gets her out of. Verdandi is almost always seen with a playful smile on her face.
■ [Plot Ideas?] ■ Um, um, um, um, I figure we can have a couple different plots between her and her 'siblings'. Since she is so here-and-now centered, I figure she could probably do something that would make one of her siblings upset. Then whenever they confronted her about it, she would be clueless but try to make up for it. Or she could ignore it since it wasn't so immediate.
Another one would be that one of her 'ground-bound' siblings was doing some sort of important task or chore and she could distract them for playtime. Even the reverse could be true if one of their owners would want to do something like that.
■ [Do you swear to be active?] ■ As active as I can be
■ [Do you understand that she cannot leave?] ■ Yup~
■ [Do you swear to uphold all that the Valkyries stand for?] ■ Hai!
■ [Prompt Response] ■
Since she's a cub, the freedom to choose what she'll be is almost an aphrodisiac. She'd love to be able to debate between going into the scouts or being a courtesan. Something that could use her wings to their best advantage while being useful for their colony would be perfect. It'll be a difficult choice but something she feels she'll be able to make with ease considering the freedom she's been granted. She views her fledgling siblings with joy and playfulness. Verdandi loves to pull them away from their duties to have a good time just as much as she loves lending them a hand to get the job done quicker. Regardless of the way her siblings view her, she'll treat them with a kind of playfully taunting respect, keeping them on edge and happy.

I Keep Four Paws on The Ground...

■ [Username] ■ Random Nobody 13
■ [Name] ■ Adelaide
■ [Meaning?] ■ Nobility. French form of the Old German Adalheidis, a compound of 'athal' (noble) and 'haida' (hood)
■ [Personality] ■ Adelaide is very stable. She is kind and compassionate, liking to look after her fellow fledgling siblings and make sure everyone is well. She enjoys learning about the world and the various foods that can be made. Adelaide has an almost mother-like nature, seeking to care for any other cubs that would enter the colony. She's nearly always got a smile on her face.
■ [Plot Ideas?] ■ Maybe while out gathering things to cook as a helper, one of her siblings could interrupt to play; another is that she could help one of the newly awoken cubs adjust to life in the colony; or while she's out one of the members of The Eternal Quilt could snatch her up and she have to be rescued.
■ [Do you swear to be active?] ■ As much as I can be!
■ [Do you understand that she cannot leave?] ■ Yup~
■ [Do you swear to uphold all that the Valkyries stand for?] ■ Mhm!
■ [Prompt Response] ■ She sees the fact that she's ground-bound as neither a blessing nor a curse. She believes the Great Mother made her exactly the way she was supposed to be made. Sure it would have been nice to have wings to be able to reach the tops of the cliffs easier or get farther than she could on four paws, but she enjoys being able to take in the scenery and feel the ground under her paws as she moves about the world. If she was meant to have wings, she would. In the meantime, she'll leave the fancy flying to her 'sibling'.
Adelaide dreams of becoming one of the bakers/chefs for the Valkyries. She wants to be able to provide the rest of her fellow B'alam with delicious food and ensure none go hungry. She knows that'll be a tough job, especially while the colony gathers more and more followers, but she looks forward to the challenge.
She views her siblings in a positive light. She'll take them under her wing and try to care for them and make sure that everyone is happy. She feels its her responsibility. That doesn't mean she's all work and no play, she loves to play around and keep everyone, including herself, happy. It would take a lot for her to change her mind about that.

Unlike your winged "sister", you are bound to the ground.

(I hope it was okay that I entered a reply for more than one of them; let me know if it's not!)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:03 am
Mewsings of An Angel

There we go, I fixed it 4laugh It's very hard not to involve NPCs for me but I will get the hang of it. I realized I started to add some to show Ascua's not so nice side but deleted that part out. So this one will just be about her kind and gentle nature. If I win y'all shall see her wrath later.

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:03 pm
I am voiding my entry. I apologize for the inconvenience.  
[ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff