Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
The Last True Professional ((O//A)) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:25 pm
It's in the shadowed corners that we make our daily bread. For no one, with no one. No children, and no innocents, those are the rules of a Professional. My rules. I was taught in the age of true professionalism, but that time is long past. Now we have kids killing other kids in broad daylight with no respect. We are a rare breed, those who do the job right. My name is T, just the letter. The job has taken the rest of my name and in turn I revel in professionalism. I have known no other path and will never know any other as well. I live and die in these shadows, just as my mentor did, but I am determined to end this all. The legacy of the True Professional ends with me.

In the streets of Neovan City, a sprawling expanse of greed and blood shed, there are many hitmen available for hire and as such the former "purity" of the profession has been deluded by psychotics, mass murderers, and more often, young guns looking for a quick buck. Daily reports of arson, bombings and public shootings have come to be commonplace and the once prosperous, if not corrupt and seedy, city. It has become a battleground for small time gangs and punks. Those who were once masters of the art of "cleaning" are being hunted down, their prices too high and abilities too effective to be left alive. They have blended best they could but nearly all have been taken out. All but one. The final Professional is on a crusade to end the suffering of the city. But will he bring back purity to the cleaners or will he annihilate everyone to bring back peace long lost?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
T
Bio above

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

RaisaNadia

Seasonal Smoker

4,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:16 pm
User Image
Name: Arianna Destiny-Seeker
Background: The words of her late mother still ring around in her head. She always used to tell Arianna, was that even her real name, to follow her path in life to find her destiny. She always had thought that her mother didn't know what she was saying, that her mother was just blowing smoke out her a$$. But, now with the woman that had raised her found murdered in her house only a few days after her eleventh birthday she thinks that she understands now. Maybe her senile old mother actually knew what she was saying. At least She wanted to believe that she did because after you leave behind your identity and way of life you don't want to believe that you'd it all while following the words of a crazy old woman. You want to believe that you did it all chasing your destiny down the beaten path that life has set out before you. And that's just what Arianna has done and so far the beaten path has lead her into the heart of Neovan City. Maybe her destiny was waiting here for her and if not, there were still other paths that she had left untaken.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:26 pm
RaisaNadia

Just another job, that's all it is. T calmly washed his hands as a man entered the bathroom, dressed in a baseball jersey for the Neovan Tigers. It was the third inning and the Tigers were up 5 runs. It was a sure win and T had watched his target for weeks to learn his movements. Every last one. As the man went to a stall, T dried his hands with a personal handkerchief and calmly pulled out a silenced pilstol and plugged a single shot into the back of the man's skull. Simple and clean. He made his own cartridges so it wouldn't be traced back to him. He slipped the pistol into his jacket and prepared to make the drop. Due to the sure win, many of the fans were leaving so he happily slipped into the crowd unnoticed.  

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

RaisaNadia

Seasonal Smoker

4,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:47 pm
User ImageUser Image

Arianna sat outside across the from the stadium. She didn't know why but something had been dragging her towards this place, almost as if she had been destined to be there. And, she had learned a long time ago to just accept and follow those feelings when they came over her. As she waited the minutes that passed by turned into hours and yet no matter who passed her by, or threw spare change at her thinking that she was a beggar, she did not budge. She hardly even blinked as she stared at the big arch like entrance to the stadium. It was going on her third hour when people finally began streaming out of he stadium, some still cheering about their teams victory but still she did not move until one figure flashed through the crowd. It had only been there for a second yet she knew in the back of her mind that this is who she had been waiting for. So with half asleep legs from having sat in the same position for so long, she got up and followed the man that she had been waiting on. Only managing to keep on his trail by following the glimpses that she would get of him every now and then.
Talking - #aa9999 / Thinking - #aa9988

The Split Heart
I hope that this ok. I didn't want to do anything that would negatively affect you character so I just made her wait outside.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:12 pm
RaisaNadia

T made his way to a small café to pick up his payment. Also for lunch, he was a little hungry. As he sat down his eyes caught a young woman following him. He was cut off by a large elderly man sitting across from him. "Well done my boy! I never thought the Tigers would win just like you said but I guess that's why your so good at your job!" He placed a suitcase on the table. "Your payment, a cut of the bet." Of course this was really the payment for his cleaning services. "Thank you mister Mahoney, pleasurable as always. I suppose you'll be heading back to your wife now? I believe that she's making your favorite rye sandwich today." T said smiling but the man just went pale. He quickly left the table to his black car. "Two pieces of dry toast and a glass of orange juice ma'am." T said sweetly to the waitress.  

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

RaisaNadia

Seasonal Smoker

4,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

Arianna paused about twenty feet from the cafe. She had followed the mystery man this far but now she didn't know what to do. Did she go in after him? Or did she wait for him to come out and follow him again? How do you tie into my destiny mystery man? What do you have in store for me? She watched as a rather large man sat in her already poor view of her target(?) and for the first time an uneasy feeling settled in her stomach. What if this man's destiny was to harm her in some way? But if that wasn't also her destiny would her path take her here? She had finally decided to just go in after the man when she saw the fat man waddle out of the cafe looking rather ill. She ran across the street after making sure no cars were going to hit her before strolling casually into the cafe and sliding into the mystery man's booth as if she belonged there, a skill she had developed on her journey to this jungle of a city. Upon closer inspection of the man she noticed that he couldn't be that much older than her, maybe five years at the most. "Would you be offended if I asked you what is your agenda?" She asked quietly, her voice quiet and almost child like as she spoke.

The Split Heart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:40 pm
RaisaNadia

Toast and orange juice were always his meals when out and about. The acidic nature of the orange juice would nullify all but the most potent poisons and a simple scrape across the toast with his butter knife would dislodge any nasty drugs. Not more than a few moments after Senator Mahoney left, the girl he had spotted slipped into his booth. As he sipped his orange juice he analyzed her abilities as far as being an assassin to take him out. She was fairly cute by many standards, but her clothing seemed too... Modest for the fools of this city who call themselves killers. Unless... No, she didn't have the training of a Professional. She was safe enough, though T had begun to wonder if anything short of an army could pass his test as "dangerous." She however had potential, it was no easy feat to follow him in a crowd of that size. "I believe a more appropriate question would be, 'Is this seat taken?' However you seem less interested in politeness, which brings the question: Why even ask my opinion?" He said with a smirk before gnawing on his toast. "To tell the truth mine is to head to the bank, deposit some money then go home, eat, then sleep."  

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

RaisaNadia

Seasonal Smoker

4,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

A small smile played across her lips as she watched him prepaid his food. "Why would I ask that when I know that this seat isn't taken? I just watched the fat man leave after all. And I would ask what you said to him to make him go pale but I have a feeling that you won't answer my question truthfully." She stated calmly as she adjusted the cuffs on her jackets sleeve. "No not you agenda for today. Your over all agenda. Your whole goal in life. What is this moment leading up to for you? My path to destiny brought me to you and I want to know why. My instincts don't often lead me in the wrong direction, after all they got me this far." She watched him closely as he studied her, probably trying to figure out if she was a threat or not. She wondered how he would react if he knew that she had never touched a weapon in her life or gotten into any fights. He would probably not believe her regardless of how harmless she did look after all he carried himself like a killer, and killers didn't get by just from simply believing everything that they were told. That wouldn't be a smart move on their part. "Though I guess before I ask you to answer any big questions I should introduce myself. My name is is Arianna. I will not reach out to shake your hand because I suspect you are suspicious of me and I have already had my hand broken once a long time ago by someone who decided that they didn't trust, there for they didn't like me. Nasty brute of a man but interesting nonetheless." She said calmly as she crossed her hands in her lap.

The Split Heart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:18 pm
RaisaNadia

T looked at her as if she were green and blue with horns and wings. What was she going on about? He tapped his toast on the plate and sighed with frustration. "Listen, if you're here to sell me some religious mumbo jumbo, forget it. I don't care where I'm going after I die and I don't care what's gonna happen a week from now." He was starting to get a creepy vibe from her and adjusted his glasses. Maybe she was just some babe that broke out of the loony bin or worse, a family member of one of his former targets. "If you wanna know about me, you're outta luck. I'm Mr. Getsthejobdone. Nice to meet you."  

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

RaisaNadia

Seasonal Smoker

4,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

"Religion no. Any belief that tells me that I have to live a certain way to reach a certain place so I can spend the rest of eternity as a spiritual slave to some big man in the sky is not my ideal of fun. No I'm talking about the words of an old woman who only wanted to believe that there was a path for everyone to follow, but I'm not trying to sell you anything. I only want to know what your purpose is Mr Getthejobdone, though I am almost one hundred percent certain that, that is only a BS name you have me because I ticked you off so for that I apologize." Arianna stated simply, bringing one arm up to rest on the table to that she could use her hand yo rest her chin on. She could see where he got the 'religious mumbo jumbo' from and she didn't at all blame him for feeling weary around her. She knew that she didn't exactly act 'normal' by society's standard. "I can see that I have unnerved you which is a shame because that was not my intent. I merely wanted to find out why my instincts lead me here to you. Though I guess I can see where that sound suspicious. I appolagize for my lack of communication skills. I have not meant to 'weird you out' as I have heard it said."

The Split Heart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:04 pm
RaisaNadia

T was beginning to have his fill of this woman. She was far too nosy for her own good, and for him that was dangerous. It was almost as if she wasn't human in the way she questioned him, another thing that began setting off alarms. He was already reaching for his weapon when he froze. She had said something about instincts. Like the ones that had allowed her to follow him? Perhaps he could find more out about this 'destiny' she prattled on about. His hand came up with a pair of headphones which he placed in his ears and left the table, and the woman, behind. He trailed a few crumbs from his toast behind him to see if she understood.  

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

RaisaNadia

Seasonal Smoker

4,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

Something in the back of her head told her to be careful. Maybe this man was armed? That would explain why his arms disappeared under the table. She tensed up a bit but other wise remained unfazed. She didn't feel as if she were in immediate danger so she would not leave until her instincts decided to was time to do so. She watched as the man brought up a set of little speakers that she had seen others use and put them in his ear before getting up and leaving her behind. He wanted her to follow him, the trail of crumbs that he had purposefully left had made that obvious, but she wasn't sure if it was time to leave yet. Well she wasn't sure until he was halfway down the street and her body had decided that it was safe to follow him again. And follow him she did as she trailed behind 'Mr Getthejobdone' while weaving in and out between people and keeping her eyes locked specifically on him so as not to lose him in the crowded sidewalks. I better slow my pace a little, I'm getting to close and I probably look suspicious. She thought calmly as she adjusted her stride until she looked like everyone else who was going their own way instead of the weaving speed demon she had started out as.

The Split Heart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:47 pm
RaisaNadia

T walked calmly, gently bobbing his head to the music. Quietly watching for the girl he was surprised at her caution. She started off far enough away that most normal people wouldn't have noticed the face in the crowd despite her bulldozing through it. Once she calmed her tail however, T was only able to keep tabs on her when her eyes flashed through the crowd. Good but she's trying too hard to keep eyes on me consistently. He kept going until he was sure she wouldn't lose him. This was far better than he had thought, she was tenacious and relatively able in tracking a target. It was time for another test. He made a right turn into an alley he knew of. In the instant he hit the shadows, he vanished, leaving only a group of muggers waiting for an ambush.  

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

RaisaNadia

Seasonal Smoker

4,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:02 pm
User ImageUser Image

Arianna had been following her mystery man relatively well, and had even managed to keep herself from speeding up to catch him, but then suddenly she spotted him turning down an alleyway. She had noticed that he had been leading her towards a less crowded part of town but she had been so focused on following him that she barely gave that fact a second thought. If I go down that alley something bad will happen. I don't have the skill to defend myself. But if I don't go I might lose him... Maybe if I can't follow from below I can find some way to follow him from above? I've never done that before but I guess there is a first time fore everything. She thought carefully as she looked for someway to go up. There was a fire escape on the building on the other the alley, she would have to cross in front of the danger to get to it. It was a little closer to the shadowy threat then she would have liked and the thought of using it still left a sinking feeling in her stomach but it was her best option at the moment. So without giving it a second thought she ran past the opening of the alleyway and lept up to grab the first rung of the fire escape ladder, barely managing to pull it down when the sound of excited voices rang out. She ignored the cheers of the men as she quickly climbed up the ladder, pulling it up after herself in hopes that it might dissuade them from following her, before climbing up the fire escape to the top where she stopped for a moment to catch her breath. "Well that was fun! What's next?" She panted quietly to herself as she slowly walked over to the edge of the building and peeked over the edge and into the alley in search of her lost target. She wasn't digging the heights but now she was beginning to enjoy this little game of cat and mouse or rather hide and seek now.

The Split Heart

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas