Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes
☼ The Chronicler's Guild ☼ [ Year One Celebration ] Exte Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Grand Weaver
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:49 pm
User Image

Among the silky green grass growing thick along the border of Mirro te Weavia a small collective of new lives are woven into being. Under the careful eyes of the Arch Magi, Stillwater, the small group is given purpose. They are "fathered" by the magus and "mothered" by the Scribe of the water tribe, brought up in the art of observation and recording.

"We are the silence within the silence.
Our eyes are the eyes of history.
Our words are the words of the ages."

Each of the newly woven will be trained to travel, to survive in their travels, to observe in silence, and to record without bias. Brothers and sisters to one another, they return to the capital twice a year to officially record the history they have witnessed on their travels. They will be the fathers and mothers of the grand archives, the founders of a guild devoted to recording the story of the world.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:16 pm
Event Details ||

Times ||
→ This event will begin at 2:00pm [PST] on 4.22.2015.
→ This event will end at 2:00pm [PST] on 5.06.2015. exclaim Extended!
→ Judging may take anywhere between a few hours to a few days depending on the number of entries.

Judging ||
As with most of our large-scale, plot-relevant events, this event will be judged by no less than three active staff members using a point system. Every category will receive a score of 1-10. Winners will have the most points by the end of the judging between the active judges.

Things to remember:
xx◘ Thread activity and conduct is always taken into account. These are minor FC's and as an owner, you represent the shop.

xx◘ Conduct towards staff members and patrons is always taken into account.

xx◘ Roleplaying activity will be considered.

xx◘ Knowledge of the shop's setting, characters, and rules will be tested. Keep sharp! We like trick questions.

Requirements ||
You must be willing to rp with anyone. As a chronicler, your character will need to meet all kinds, all sorts, played by all kinds of people. You must be willing to rp with anyone that asks and take initiative on your own to rp.

These B'alam will be raised by the arch magus of the water tribe, a very spiritual tribe within the realm. They will be devoted followers of The Grand Weaver and his design. Any radical ideals and lifestyle choices will not be part of their upbringing, so we would rather they not try to defy any norms at this point.

You must be willing to rp with Thalion and Andranis at least twice a year. This is when your character will come to report back, hand over their records, and share their experiences with their mentors.

You must be willing to work with others. We will be asking that rp's be marked, within the first post, as "Chronicler friendly" or not. This means if an RP is marked as friendly, your character can (and if they're in the area, should!) pass through to observe. Significant events, especially metaplots introduced by the staff, will require at least one chronicler.

You must be willing to rp with [ Radical Dreamer ]. She is our rp manager and as such, she reads every. Single. RP. Within the shop. She's been given the leader of this guild who will be a big brother of sorts to his fellows. He may check up on his siblings to ensure that they're doing their tasks and keeping safe.

Character Information ||
The Chronicler's Guild will be founded to help build the archives within the Water Tribe. The Chroniclers will be trained in several disciplines in order to ensure their survival and success in their mission.

xx◘ The masks must be worn at all times when in public. The masks are a way for the chroniclers to portray their neutrality between the tribes. They have no identity when they're within the mask, they're simply silent observers. These masks also muzzle their wearers by keeping their mouths shut. They are unable to speak while wearing the mask. This maintains their neutrality, stifles any personal input in events around them, and ensures that they are only a passing observer. It's not their job to make history- only record it.

xx◘ They are to remain nameless to all outside of their guild and their mentors. This ensures that they cannot be given an identity within the flow of history and they have no effect on events around them. For all intensive purposes- they are phantoms.

xx◘ They must swear loyalty to none but the Grand Weaver. Yes, even their mentors do not have their loyalty. They are loyal to the Weaver, to the truth, to their mission, and to each other. Stillwater will be sure to include provisions in the first gathering of the Magi to ensure the diplomatic immunity as the group from now on. One stipulation is that the Guild has no involvement in politics. They're observers, nothing more.

Possible Questions for the Future ||
xx Can B'alam join the Chroniclers Guild later on?
xxxxx→ Later on, yes. There will be information provided within the Chronicler's Guild colony thread on just how you can join, the requirements to maintain your membership, etc.

xx Can the B'alam have a life outside of the guild?
xxxxx→ Yes they can! But they cannot wear their mask while taking personal time for themselves, they cannot speak about what they've seen while wearing the mask, and they cannot participate in activities that would violate their oath as a chronicler.

xx Can a B'alam have a family and still be a Chronicler?
xxxxx→ Of course! They're encouraged, in this first generation, to complete their spirit in their other half and have offspring. Where they're raised and how is up to them. They could have mates away from the library and the guild itself but these are B'alam that lead double-lives. Their mates and families should be understanding of this. Mating within the guild is also permitted but their cubs would need a caretaker while their parents perform their duties.

xx Can they eat or drink in the mask?
xxxxx→ They can open their mouths enough to drink and eat very, very small bites, but it makes speaking difficult. They can communicate via body-language but it's encouraged that they keep their distance from other B'alam while performing guild work.

xx Why are there no ice tribe chroniclers?
xxxxx→ Because the Ice Tribe is a very isolated tribe. These B'alam awoke outside of their territory. Eventually, working with Ririka and the Ice Tribe's canon systems in place, we may introduce an ice Chronicler but for now, the ice tribe is going to be a place shrouded in mystery for this guild and the rest of the world. A chronicler, with exception to the fire-tribe chronicler, may gain special permission to pass into the land but we'll let the owners know if this arrangement is ever agreed upon.

xx Will future chroniclers get the mask and satchel?
xxxxx→ Yes! This will be a guild-exclusive item set available to the colorists. You can, in the future, custom a chronicler or have an existing b'alam join. Some edits may prove difficult for us so keep that in mind! We'll run this at a case by case for now.

xx Can the mask change colors?
xxxxx→ For now, no. The mask is to remove individuality from the wearer and to unite them to their brothers and sisters within the guild. The silver and gold will come to be recognized through the realm as a symbol of the guild and a chronicler.

The Grand Weaver
Captain

The Grand Weaver
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:47 pm
Entry Form ||
Please use one of the headers below so we can identify who you are entering for!

User ImageUser Image

[align=center][size=24][color=cornflowerblue][b]I Watch the Waters[/color][/b][/size][/align]

User ImageUser Image

[align=center][size=24][color=forestgreen][b]I Listen to the Earth[/color][/b][/size][/align]

User ImageUser Image

[align=center][size=24][color=darkred][b]Kindle the Flames[/color][/b][/size][/align]

User ImageUser Image

[align=center][size=24][color=Black][b]I Stalk the Darkness[/color][/b][/size][/align]

User ImageUser Image

[align=center][size=24][color=deeppink][b]I Sail the Winds[/color][/b][/size][/align]

User ImageUser Image

[align=center][size=24][color=gold][b]I Hold the Light[/color][/b][/size][/align]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Form Body▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

╠[b]Basic Information[/b]╣[size=9]
■ [b]Your SN ||[/b]
■ [b]Do you agree to the rules of this event?[/b]
■ [b]Are you willing to be available for rp?[/b]
■ [b]Is there anyone or anything you are not comfortable rping with?[/b]
■ [b]Are you available on AIM?[/b]
[/size]

╠[b]About the Character[/b]╣[size=9]
■ [b]B'alam name ||[/b]
[color=white]xx[/color]→ [u]Name Meaning ||[/u]
■ [b]Personality ||[/b]

■ [b]Relations ||[/b]
[color=white]xx[/color]→ [u]Relation to Stillwater[/u] (This can be a hopeful relation, plotted, or how you think they will react to their mentor.)
[color=white]xx[/color]→ [u]Relation to the Scribe[/u] (This can be a hopeful relation, plotted, or how you think they will react to their mentor.)
[color=white]xx[/color]→ [u]Relation to their "Siblings"[/u] (This can be a hopeful relation, plotted, or how you think they will react to their peers.)

■ [b]Plots ||[/b]
(What plots do you want with this character? Include perspective mate plots, location plots, meta plots, and any possible...drama.)

■ [b]Short RP Sample ||[/b]
(Give us a snippit from this character's POV. They are preparing to take their oath (which can be seen in the first post). What do they think about their new role? Their siblings? Any spiritual perspective? Let us see into their head. Please keep it under 1,000 words! You can use Stillwater or the Scribe, but no other "NPC" implications are allowed.)
[/size]

╠[b]The Quiz[/b]╣[size=9]
■ [b]Please provide proof of activity in RP ||[/b] [URL=RP Link][X][/URL]

■ [b]Can this character record the happenings of the Ice Tribe? Why or why not?[/b]

■ [b]How many flings are allowed per B'alam?[/b]

■ [b]Where is the Guild, and the Grand Archives, located?[/b] (Explain or circle it on the map!)

■ [b]Are you allowed to post in anyone's rp with this character to fulfill their duties?[/b]
[/size]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:52 pm
████████████Entrants████████████

Water
[◘] | kamileunaire

Earth
[◘] | Geyser Eelborn |

Fire

Dark
[◘] | Mewsings of An Angel
[◘] | Ice_Dragon_Demon

Light
[◘] | ~Twilight...Angel~

Wind

The Grand Weaver
Captain

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:04 pm
I Listen to the Earth

Basic Information
Your SN || Geyser Eelborn
Do you agree to the rules of this event? Yes
Are you willing to be available for rp? Yes
Is there anyone or anything you are not comfortable rping with? I can't think of anything that is likely to pop up in this shop. I'll let you know if I see it.
Are you available on AIM? Yes, I am.

About the Character
B'alam name || Will-o'-the-Wisp
xxName Meaning || an orb of light, hanging in the air, in rural areas--usually swamps or bogs. It recedes if approached; other than that, it takes no action. I chose it not only for her markings, but because I like the idea of a phantom, a powerful presence in history, having as soft and childish a name as "Wisp"--indicating that behind the shadowy sentinel is a young, shy B'alam.
Personality || Just as her name implies, Wisp is quiet, even when off-duty, and she prefers wandering to socialization. She is glad to be a ghost in history, a spooky character, a shadow--and nothing more. She is afraid of intimacy and insists on being formal and withdrawn with almost everyone. Shy and introverted, she deliberately hides her feelings, even--especially--from those she loves.

Relations ||
xxRelation to Stillwater "Stillwater seems an honorable gentleman, and were it my duty, I would stand beside him in faith. But my duty is to the Grand Weaver, and thus all I may give him is my gratitude for his guidance to my fate." Respect and gratitude, as befits his impact on her life.
xxRelation to the Scribe "The Scribe has been my teacher, and by her hand and by her will I have learned how to serve my duty. Glad is my heart when we meet by the Weaver's Mirror once more." Affection and awe; after all, she is the one who taught Wisp how to read and write (I assume?).
xxRelation to their "Siblings" "My greatest shame--that my mask is defiled twice every year by the glow from my wretched heart. Though it does dishonor to me and to my guild, I profess affection for my brothers and sisters, who could wrong me only if they break my heart with betrayal." Love and eagerness to please--If any of them were to stray from the path, her heart would break into a million pieces. She is afraid of her own love for them.

Plots ||
>Legend of the Wisp I think it would be neat if she showed up in myths and legends as an omen of some sort--though really, I think that would be neat for any of the Chroniclers! Mostly, I'd like to play her up as a spooky individual outside of her dealings with the guild.
>Touch the Ghost Wisp is afraid that contact with another outside of the Guild will introduce partisanship and emotions into her job. I'd like her to meet someone who decides to go up to her as she witnesses and try to talk to her, or even attack her. See how she reacts to that (short answer: sheer terror!).
>Strike the Heart Something terrible happens to someone she loves--the Scribe or to one of her siblings. Now she must struggle with the fact that she is not as emotionless as she wants to be.
>Artistic License Dark Tribe, too, celebrates the history of the world--once a year at the Theatre of Days Past. As one of the people who sees history, raw history, in action, Wisp would be offended at the dramatization of the year's events if she were to ever go or hear about it. Her veins would just pop! Add the struggle of her duty to her desire to give Chronos a piece of her mind, and we should have a fireworks show worthy of the Fourth of July!

Short RP Sample ||
The mask would have a certain weight on her head, and although she would feel it along the entire length of her face, the veil gliding down her neck and cascading down her shoulders, she could not have ever described it as heavy. There must have been another word to describe it, though this was not the time for words newly made, but for the future—and the past—in the weaving. Through the narrow slits of her eyelids to block out the springtime sun, Wisp’s eyes were locked on those of her mentors. To one side of her, her eyes registered a florescent pink; to the other, a deep blue. The feeling of her siblings around her calmed the rapid beating of her heart. She could feel saliva building in her mouth, but she feared to swallow, worried that her mentors might see.

She had no choice but to reveal her worry, as they took to their feet to speak, in practiced unison, the oath of the guild. Wisp’s heart rose in her throat, but even its frantic pace could not drown out the measured beat of the oath of office—and nor could it replace, in the forefront of her thoughts, the full import of the task she was taking upon herself—the task that they all were taking upon themselves. To observe. To record. To stand aloof, so that they could be as the wind, the water, the shadows, the sunlight, the warmth of the sun, or the firm of the earth—backdrop to the march of time.

The oath was spoken. All words were said. Wisp’s heart was still beating furiously in her chest, but now it was a beat of relief. Now it was time to don the mask and sink herself into her task. She donned her mask, felt the un-heavy weight settle across her face and down her neck and around her shoulders, and she turned toward the east. The preparation was over.

Now, it was the beginning. And with one step, she left the world of the living, and entered, with relief and pride, the footnotes of history.

The Quiz
Please provide proof of activity in RP || [X] <- One of my more recent ones. Not a completed RP, but I'll just have to get my butt in gear on that one. xP

Can this character record the happenings of the Ice Tribe? Why or why not? No--for a variety of reasons. For one thing, Ice Tribe's territory is inhospitable to all except those woven to withstand it. For another, Ice Tribe is isolationist--although they're known to exist, Ice Tribe is very secretive and very little is known about them. Physiologically and philosophically, Ice Tribe is impossible to chronicle at the present time. There may be Ice Chroniclers later, but at the moment, it will remain a world by itself (Jotunheim?).

How many flings are allowed per B'alam? Again, flings are physically impossible, due to the unique reproductive cycle of B'alam.

Where is the Guild, and the Grand Archives, located? The Guild is headquartered in Mirro te Weavia (or just outside of it), the capital of the Water Kingdom. The Grand Archives, too, are located within the city.

Are you allowed to post in anyone's rp with this character to fulfill their duties? If they post that the thread is "Chronicler-friendly," then yes. As a matter of fact, major events--or events that may be major later on--will need to be witnessed by a Chronicler!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:26 pm
I Hold the Light

Basic Information
Your SN || ~Twilight...Angel~
Do you agree to the rules of this event? Yes
Are you willing to be available for rp? Of course
Is there anyone or anything you are not comfortable rping with? I'm comfortable with anything
Are you available on AIM? I am

About the Character
B'alam name || Nirdēśaka Prakāśa
xxName Meaning || Guiding Light in Hindi
Personality || Nirdēśaka is a rather jolly fellow. He enjoys his job, but enjoys it even more when he gets to see something happy! His favorite things to witness are spirit bound proposals and the awakening of new cubs. Also enjoys watching the idols themselves being made by their excited potential parents. Though these are his favorite things to watch, he will do whatever his job and the Grand Weaver require him to do. If that means over seeing the passing of a B'alam who was revered and looked up to in life, so be it. He won't be happy about it, but that's not what his job entails. Often he will be in a stupor in his personal life when he needs to bear witness to things that get him down and he tends to be extremely joyful when he bears witness to things that mean more life and the chance for the tribes to prosper.
Nirdēśaka believes that his purpose is solely to help create the record of life between the tribes, especially more important events. The bigger the event, the more important it is for him to take it all down, the more serious he becomes. Taking down as many details as he possibly can, he writes with vim and vigor when he gets excited about what's going on around him. When he doesn't enjoy what he is viewing, he takes his time. Carefully considering everything that he is writing down and taking note of, choosing his words slowly.
Outside of his job, he is an overall darling, sweet, and jolly fellow. He laughs boisterously and enjoys being around his fellow B'alam, often enjoying telling jokes to the others around him, just to make them laugh as deeply as his own. He has no problem keeping his job a secret from others. Not only because the Grand Weaver expects such a thing from him, but he would NEVER want to burden others with the knowledge of what he does day to day.

Relations ||
xxRelation to Stillwater Though he is named "Guiding Light" he thanks Stillwater for his paw in guiding him to meet his own destiny. He will forever see him as his own light in the darkness, the right hand to the Grand Weaver themselves.
xxRelation to the Scribe He is VERY appreciative toward the Scribe. Though they did not play as big a role in his eyes as Stillwater, they are the reason that they have the ability to take down history and fulfill his destiny. That puts them pretty high in his book of likes.
xxRelation to their "Siblings" He sees them all as just that, his siblings. They were destined to be together. Destined to share the same fates as being a small footnote in the history of their nations. And he loved them all. If he were able to view something good happening to any one of them, he would be beyond honored.

Plots ||
It's a Wonderful Life! - His first time viewing a Spirit Bonding or idols turning into cubs! He would be beyond excited to have the privilege of viewing such an important thing in another B'alam's life!

Deepest Sadness... - He is viewing the passing of another B'alam. One who will be deeply missed by those around them. He simply doesn't know how to deal with this vast amount of sadness...

Meeting Face to Face - He comes across another in the Guild while he is out and about. It's always an interesting thing to come across the others while he is out. Someone who understands what he is going through.

Is... This... my Happiness? For the first time in his own life... He meets one who makes his heart soar and gives him the same happiness he has felt from so many others before himself.

Short RP Sample ||
Nirdēśaka Prakāśa could barely contain himself. The excitement of it all was too much for him to handle, seen in the fidgeting of his tail and the smile plastered endlessly on his maw. He looked to the left and the right, his siblings surrounding him, taking in the feelings of his own as they stood their waiting for their chance. Most seemed nervous about their shared destiny, after all, the weight of having to record and keep the history of the world was a weighty responsibility. The Grand Weaver themselves had placed this destiny, this responsibility, on their shoulders. There was no denying what they would become, what they had to be. Though it will be a heavy burden on each of them, he knew that they had all been well trained for their task. Each learning the art of writing, being taught the ways of the world outside the Water tribe they knew so well. Certainly the Grand Weaver had known exactly where to awaken them to life, the only place that even had the written language. It was destiny. It was something more profound than any of them could hope to understand in their lives. They were all meant to be the recorders of history instead of the makers of it.

As this thought came to a close, it was his turn to step in front of Stillwater and say the oath they all knew well. The words that they would all say to take on the mantle of Chronicler. Taking a deep breath, he spoke the words that meant so much to him:

"We are the silence within the silence,
Our eyes are the eyes of history,

As Nirdēśaka finished the oath, he closed his eyes and felt the swell of pride within him. The pride that all he had done was all in preparation for this moment. The moment when he would finally take on the task of history itself along side his siblings. Taking a deep breath before Stillwater, the Scribe by his side, he felt the mask being placed onto his head. The weight of the mask itself was not great, it was an awkward fit around his horn. The veil lightly touched his shoulders and the tops of his legs. A great contrast to the weight of the mask and the honor and destiny itself that had been placed on them. Opening his light purple eyes, he slowly let out his breath and bowed lightly to Stillwater and the Scribe, for all that they had done for himself and his siblings. His destiny was coming true.

He was no longer Nirdēśaka Prakāśa. He was now, truly, the "Guiding Light" of history itself.

The Quiz
Please provide proof of activity in RP || [X] (it's kinda old... but it's the only RP I have so far)

Can this character record the happenings of the Ice Tribe? Why or why not? They can not. They are secluded and nothing is really known about the Ice Tribe as of yet.

How many flings are allowed per B'alam? None. B'alam can only lifemate, there are no flings.

Where is the Guild, and the Grand Archives, located? The guild is located near the Water Capitol (Mirro te Weavia) and the Grand Archives are located withing the Capitol itself.

Are you allowed to post in anyone's rp with this character to fulfill their duties? No, you are only allowed to post in an RP that has "Chronicler friendly" in the first post.

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:42 am
I Watch the Waters

Basic Information
Your SN || kamileunaire
Do you agree to the rules of this event? Yes.
Are you willing to be available for rp? Yes. (I can RP on request as well as seeking out RPs to join on my own, but may sometimes take longer as school deadlines come and go. Overall though, most definitely. I am very careful to keep up with time sensitive events.)
Is there anyone or anything you are not comfortable rping with? I'll RP whatever anyone wants within shop and gaia tos. Prefer not to kill the character, unless for compelling plot reasons that would be decided beforehand.
Are you available on AIM? Yes, on a near-nightly basis (skype chat as well)

About the Character
B'alam name || Elosai (ehllas-ai)
xxName Meaning || Made up by me: a respelling/fantasy-ized version of the name 'Allison' ; A common english name with Anglo and Celtic origins meaning "truthful" or "honest".
Personality ||

[+] Focused, practical, calm, detail-oriented
[-] Stern, workaholic, anxious, nit-picker

A silent, stern creature, Elosai has taken great satisfaction in absorbing the sights, smells, and sounds of the world around him ever since his awakening. Taking time to appreciate the smaller things is something of great importance for him, and the very fact that his eye for details can be used for a greater good gives him a deep sense of fulfillment. He is highly organized, has a great dislike of chaos and disorder, and despises those who speak out of turn, a grievance stemming from the unfortunate fact that Elosai was woven without a voice.

Elosai deals with his vocal impairment in stride. Though it makes him well-suited for his job, he is also unable to take part in the oral traditions of his own tribe, a minor tragedy that he attempts to make up for in the written word. He takes chronicling very seriously, and spends the majority of his time beneath the mask, traveling and watching, as he has been trained to do. Of his own volition, he works tirelessly on perfecting his writing abilities by practicing as much as he can, whenever he can, and possesses very neat, fanciful script as a result.

Any free time he allows himself is usually spent meditating on his own, often far from the bustle of the tribal capitals. Nature and its sights and sounds are a panacea for his mind, a place where a voice is truly unneeded, where he can rest and recharge. He appreciates those of the same mindset, and will rarely share company with B'alam who have energy levels that exceed his own. While he isn't exactly cold-hearted, talkers and screamers (cubs especially) can be very frustrating for him, and he tends to distance himself from those who cannot decipher his writing or body language. He values B'alam who can appreciate his subtle ways of expression, and will likely keep a handful of close friends, rather than a rash of acquaintances.

Despite the chaos of the new world around him, he does his absolute best to remain true to himself, as well as to the Weaver and their mission. There is a lot of fear and uncertainty involved with their work (from his personal perspective), but he resolves to face each situation as he comes to it. His determination to aid his mentors in their quest to record their world's history often helps to bolster his blossoming curiosity, and though he is not always the most optimistic soul, he presses on through good times and bad.

Relations ||
xxRelation to Stillwater My brother beneath the banner of the waters. I strive to be as dedicated as you are. Elosai will view Stillwater as the ultimate role model, and works by his example. He yearns for Stillwater's approval as a mentor, and dreams of someday attaining magus status as a means of being closer to the Weaver, as Stillwater has done.
xxRelation to the Scribe My teacher, someone I consider a good friend. You gave me a way to share my thoughts when there was no other. Elosai feels a deep connection to the Scribe, vaguely akin to a mother-son bond. She taught him one of the most useful skills he will ever possess (in his opinion), and he will always be deeply grateful. If for some unforeseeable reason he ever had to give up chronicling, he would want to work beneath her in the Archives.
xxRelation to their "Siblings" May we all stay true to the path, and never waver. He holds deep respect for his fellow Chroniclers, as they are all working toward the same goal. He would do anything to help a sibling in peril (short of breaking the oath), though he seems hesitant to make any strong personal bonds when the masks come off.

Plots ||

Aside from traveling around doing his usual duties.....

Personal Growth Plots

Make some noise -- Because he awoke mute, Elosai has an inward jealousy of those who can use their voices, though he tries to suppress these feelings and embrace his own abilities. One of his overarching plots will be dealing with this disability during his travels, and coming to terms with it completely. He will develop a love of song, and I would very much like to see him learn some sort of instrument during his journeys.

Those darn kids -- He likes cubs enough, really he does...from a distance. Little ones are an enigma to him, and I want him to have interactions both good and bad, perhaps some that eventually lead him to wanting cubs of his own someday.

A Special Someone -- I'd like a long, well-thought-out plotline where he becomes very close friends with another B'alam, whether it is in or out of the guild. For ultimate development, perhaps a character that is a type he would generally avoid (loud, rambunctious), but simply keeps showing up, forcing Elosai to slowly grow accustomed to them. This may turn into a love-plot if it ends up being a female character, but I would also be alright with a platonic or brotherly relationship as well.

Ease up -- Even with all their training, Elosai is still anxious over certain things, as he'll find once he begins his journey. Extreme heights, aggressive wildlife, and dry climates are all things that tie his tail in a knot, and to complete his mission he'll have to work through these aversions. Overall I'd like him to become more confident and comfortable in dealing with stimuli that he's not accustomed to, and to try to enjoy himself more.

On the Job Plots

Perfectionist -- Elosai is a workaholic and a perfectionist through and through. He therefore may experience unnecessary amounts of stress when it comes time to present his bi-annual reports. It will be interesting for him to work out these problems during the first year of Chronicling, until he can build his confidence, considering he will already be dedicated enough to the cause.

Capital Craze -- Elosai loves the water capital, but the rest of the tribe capitals are locations he would someday love to visit in his travels. Recording the cultures and workings of the other tribe's main hubs of activity would be an absolute dream for him.

The Neutral Observer -- A lot of stuff can happen when you drift around observing the world, some good and some bad. I'd love for Elosai to be approached or questioned by a curious/unaware b'alam (possibly even scolded for not helping someone, or shooed away after being labeled as an intruder). Even the stealthiest of chroniclers may run into these issues (possibly?), and Elosai will be no different.

Cub Colony -- I think it would be hilarious if he stumbled upon one of the cub colonies that's been recently created. It would go hand in hand with the personal plot above, and he would be absolutely amazed by it.

Short RP Sample ||

Like so many of the ones before it, the day's proceedings had been peaceful, and full of new ideas. Birds fluttered and sang, and the babble of the nearby stream served to calm one tahtll's racing heart. Elosai had much to deliberate upon. Time had flown since his awakening; he felt overwhelmed, but only in a dazed, awe-inspired sort of way. The truth of the matter was that he had gained an excellent base of knowledge since being woven into existence. The lessons bestowed upon him by his mentors never ceased to amaze him, and he thought endlessly about the ways in which they would soon be applied. He was excited, but apprehensive.

His afternoon hadn't been too different from the rest. After a short meeting amongst his siblings and the Scribe, Elosai had wandered away to digest their short lesson. It was his tendency to seek solace in quiet natural surroundings, where he could practice and perfect their art, and to review what he had been taught. He seated himself in a reedy area at the edge of a stream, and watched through brilliant blue eyes as his quill flew over the pressed page before him, scribbling away in a small practice book filled with drabbles. With steady ease, he described his afternoon, the meeting, and the scene in which he found himself. After a few deep breaths, his heart slowed, and he slipped into a calm, contemplative state.

Everyone was aware of the approaching changes. All of the knowledge they had soaked up over the previous months was soon to be applied, with their upcoming introduction into the world, to do the task they had been preparing for. The very thought of it made Elosai's chest flutter, with both resolve and trepidation. What would the world beyond the capital be like? What of it's inhabitants? They had all been regaled with stories of the world beyond Mirro te Weavia, and soon they would be experiencing and observing it firsthand.

Elosai's eagerness to contribute rivaled his curiosity of the unknown. He thrived more on the systematic nature of their work; the chronicling, the intense need for organization. Being adrift in the world was a frightening prospect, but he knew it was necessary, important, and needed. When the time came to take the oath, he would finally be able to give his heart fully to their cause, and to the Grand Weaver, even if he would not be able to add his voice to the thrum of the recital. The fact that he could not contribute a single sound used to be a point of abject horror...but with his written words, the words he had worked so hard to learn and perfect, he knew he could be just as strong as anyone else. The Scribe, Weaver bless her, had helped him through those dark times. He had devoured both her and Stillwater's teachings with fierce devotion, and though his confidence wavered at times, he knew he couldn't fail his mentors.

He finished his sentence and glanced up, ears flicking. Ever since their objective had been spelled out for them, the same thoughts had chased in circles around his mind. Soon they would all take the dive, and with a deep breath, he reminded himself for one last time that everything would be alright, and that he was going to make them proud.

--------

When the time came to stand shoulder to shoulder with his siblings, Elosai was nervous, but ready. To hear their voices in unison filled his heart with honor, both for what they had all learned together, and what they would soon set out to do. Though Elosai couldn't make a sound, he mouthed the words along with the others, and held aloft a pristine piece of parchment with his contribution to the recital, neatly written in shimmering blue ink:

We are the silence within the silence.
Our words are the words of the ages.

The Quiz
Please provide proof of activity in RP || [X] (I plan on responding to this and other RPs soon, it's just that school got me for a while x mx;; I'll be around more now that I'm adjusted to the work load.)
Can this character record the happenings of the Ice Tribe? Why or why not? No, because Ice Tribe is isolated (and their wariness of outsiders would probably prevent the Chroniclers from doing their job properly).

How many flings are allowed per B'alam? none, balam lifemate and dont fling

Where is the Guild, and the Grand Archives, located? The HQ is very near Mirro te Weavia (the water capitol), along the boarder. The Grand Archives are in the capitol itself.

Are you allowed to post in anyone's rp with this character to fulfill their duties? the rp needs to have 'chronicler friendly' mentioned somewhere in it for chroniclers to be able to post there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:52 pm
I Stalk the Darkness

Basic Information
Your SN || Mewsings of An Angel
Do you agree to the rules of this event? Indeed!
Are you willing to be available for rp? Very much so!
Is there anyone or anything you are not comfortable rping with? Besides the normal no-nos, I have no qualms with anything.
Are you available on AIM? I am and will happily give my AIM!

About the Character
B'alam name || Najwa Runa
xxName Meaning ||
"Najwa" - Arabic name meaning "secret, whisper."
"Runa" - Feminine form of Scandinavian Rune, meaning "secret lore."
Personality ||
Najwa is not usually described as "warm" or particularly "kind", but she is a good creature deep down. She's rather serious and tends to take things more literally than they may have been intended. She doesn't share most others' sense of humor, but she will make a point to laugh if others do as well. She can be quiet (especially with her mask on), preferring to observe more than take part in conversations. She tends towards the shadows and feels more comfortable in darkness. Najwa will come out in the day if she has to, but she much prefers the night, and unlike her "family", this is her time to shine. The going-ons of the evening hours and when the moon is high are some of her favorite to chronicle. She's extremely dedicated to her "family" and friends (though she knows she must not show it when she bears her mask), as well as to her Duty and the Greater Good. She takes promises very seriously and won't make one unless she truly means it.

Relations ||
xxRelation to Stillwater "Stillwater has been a teacher from the moment I opened my eyes. Without a doubt, he has grand ideas and a large heart. Though I must swear fealty only to the Grand Weaver, I will unashamedly say that I hold the Magi in a grander light than some. I look forward to chronicling what he shall do in the times to come."
xxRelation to the Scribe "She makes my spirit happy. Before gaining the mask and taking on the goals placed before me, the Scribe would not hinder my thirst for knowledge. I am quite excited to share with her in the future of all the events and places I will visit."
xxRelation to their "Siblings" "Beyond my mask, I am strong only by the bonds I have made with my family. Within it... They are as ghosts on the same mission as I - the mission to search the world over, to see all that weary eyes can see and to record all that happens."

Plots ||
Let not the mysteries waver your love... - Outside the mask, Najwa is just a normal creature, with normal feelings. One of which is love. Through this plot, she encounters someone who looks beyond her mask and still loves her.

A Silent Wraith with Rose Eyes - She encounters a group of cubs who are terrified by her mask!

A Mask is worth a thou-...Zero words. - Najwa find herself in a situation where a crowd gathers for some event, and she finds herself trapped. Many try to get her to speak, but she plays mute.

Short RP Sample ||

Najwa closed her eyes, and breathed in deeply of the saturated air. It was permeated with the scents of her siblings mixed and intertwined, and at the moment, it could only feel perfectly symbolic with what was happening. Today, they stood in front of the Scribe and Water Magi with seriousness on his face. Her heart was in her throat - her throat as thick as a mountain - and her gaze never wavering from the masks that lay on the table behind Stillwater. They looked so light and beautiful, with their gold and silver shining like the sun and moon joined in one place. But as she looked from the lovely masks that lay in their row, to her "siblings" who stood in a row - all in varying versions of nerves - she smiled, red eyes gleaming with just a spark of pride.

One by one, they each stepped forward to stand in front of Stillwater. He spoke words to them, they said them back, and then the mask was placed upon their face. It didn't seem like much at all!

And then it was her own turn. Her wings thrummed, unable to stay still, not until she folded them roughly to stillness. She stepped forward, and she was hyper aware of the world around her. Her siblings stared at her with their different-colored eyes, each already wearing a mask which obscured them to neutrality. The air seemed to become thick and heavy around her, running across her fur like molasses, leaving behind the impression of it's passing. She took in a breath, saying a silent prayer to the Grand Weaver to still her beating heart for just a moment. And then she stood in front of Stillwater. He looked down upon her much as she would have look down at a cub. But there was a look there, in his ever-watching eyes, a look of equality. "You stand before me, understanding that the path you follow will lead you to paths unknown and that you must swear this oath ONLY to the Grand Weaver. You will have no other allegiances and take no sides during your travels. What you record, you must keep private and bring back to the Grand Library to be recorded here for all. Do you swear this?" Najwa breathed in deeply, and nodded. "I do." Stillwater nodded back, a small smile there. "Repeat the oath and take up the mask."

The mask was laid upon her head, and she felt suddenly weighed down by a sense of purpose. Her version was narrowed, her features obscured. This was what it was to be in the realm of unknown. She stepped back, and felt the cloth shift down her neck, concealing more of herself. "You are a Chronicler now, your duty is sacred, your mission vast. Serve the Grand Weaver well." Stillwater said, bowing his head.

Najwa stepped back, and rejoined her fellows, looking between them all. Now, they were not her siblings, they were but ghosts on the same mission as she. What a strange feeling....

The Quiz
Please provide proof of activity in RP || [X] --N/A currently.

Can this character record the happenings of the Ice Tribe? Why or why not? Not. The Ice Tribe is currently unreachable to the Chroniclers, and thus are wrapped in mystery.

How many flings are allowed per B'alam? They do not fling. They will only ever lifemate.

Where is the Guild, and the Grand Archives, located?
Guild - located on the borders of Mirro te Weavia.
Grand Archives - located actually in the capitol.

Are you allowed to post in anyone's rp with this character to fulfill their duties? If it is open to Chroniclers, then yes.

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:19 pm
I Stalk the Darkness

Basic Information
Your SN || Ice_Dragon_Demon
Do you agree to the rules of this event? Aye
Are you willing to be available for rp? Always if able, I do work quite a bit usually
Is there anyone or anything you are not comfortable rping with? Nothing that will appear in this shop I don’t think. If something makes me uncomfortable I will let you know right away.
Are you available on AIM? Always well when I am not at work that is but leave me a message when AIM isn't being a butt I usually will get it.

About the Character
B'alam name || Duskmourne
xxName Meaning |Dusk – the transition from day to night| Mourn – to grieve or lament
Personality || Wholly devoted to her task, Dusk puts her duty above all else. She is quiet and mysterious. Dusk almost never raises her voice for when she does it rises above the rest. However, she never raises her voice when on duty she is simply an observer in the ever-changing world. She is a shadow in the night, one of many blending with the rest. Dusk is cryptic and has a mystical aura about her. When Dusk does speak often she confuses any who listen because of the way she speaks when on duty. When off duty she is a little less confusing. Dusk often seems like she knows something you don’t (which she probably does.) Dusk seeks to discover and explore when she isn’t on duty. One isn't simply always in the right place at the right time.

Relations ||
xxRelation to Stillwater A great mentor, he is ever patient and ever watchful over us all.
xxRelation to the Scribe We share much, she is as much my mentor and ‘mother’ as my friend. I respect her for all she has taught me and cherish our friendship.
xxRelation to their "Siblings" I hold my siblings close to my heart with gentle affections. Though we often only see each other all together once a year, I pray to the grand weaver for their safety.

Plots ||

Weaving of life – The weaving of a balam is a sacred thing. There have yet to be any who have truly actually seen the grand weaver actually create life. (As far as I know) That would be a story for generations to come.

A newly discovered species- another new species has been discovered! This would be another momentous occasion as there is certain more strange creatures (*coughs*Bobsaggets*coughs*) to discover This plot would again require the help of the staffers. Would be a good meta the discovering of the new creature.

A uniquely cultured colony in an isolated part of the Balam world - A Colony would have to be actually found for this plot.

Meet the rest of the tribes and colonies – there are so many new colonies appearing and Tribes age old traditions to be recorded! There is always a sight worth seeing and recording somewhere in the world.

First contact the mysterious ice tribe! - Meet the ice tribe sort of; the mystery of the ice tribe is just too intriguing to let slide. Venturing to the very edge of the territory, but as far north as she could go(without freezing) she would happen to potentially see a slaver capturing another balam or exile of another balam by the ice tribe!

Love? - For Duskmourne this would be a possibility in the far future. Her duty to her job comes before love. If it even happens would have to be plotted around her work. Thus rather than a balam outside the Guild she would probably fall for another chronicler(Once more are added) who shares her duty and understands. Any Children would be most likely also raised by the water tribe so they could grow and become chroniclers themselves. There would be a whole family line of them. The first family line of chroniclers perhaps!

Short RP Sample ||

It had been fine when it was night but the sun had inevitably some up. Dusk had covered the windows, extinguished and dimmed what light there was in the archives making herself more comfortable. The light here was so brilliant it hurt. She had to squint all the time to protect her sensitive eyes. She was often lead around by the others. Making it to the lessons had been difficult especially when no one was around. No one else had trouble seeing in the light her eyes just made it impossible. But no one else would know the wonders of the night. They were hers to truly behold, the only ones she was privy to. She was the only one there, everyone was preparing for the ceremony. Dusk was to stand with her brothers and sister. They were to have the ceremony in a dark cave so that she may also be present.

Where all the brothers and sisters were around during the day she, woke as the sun set. She saw everyone but briefly. Her light brother’s horn even glowed too brightly for her. She had only read what few stories of the dark tribe in the archives which was very little. It would be nice to see others like her for the first time even if it was simply to observe. Dusk stared at the blank piece of paper in front of her. Dusk repeatedly tapping it with her quill in the corner.

I am the shadow that consumes the light; now mourn the night as comes the light. she wrote neatly on a piece of parchment her friend and mentor had given her. Now what would go well with that? Dusk wondered. Dusk then heard someone tumble into the archives. She hadn't expected anyone in her surprise she looked up from the start of her poem. Scribe was in the doorway or well in the doorway sort of tumbled over the books.

“head Scribe,” she spoke softly placing her quill down she went to assist her friend moving gracefully in the dark. The scribe thanked her and smiled as she began to mention that it was almost time for the ceremony.

“Lead me,” she asked the scribe covering her face in a black veil to shield her eyes. A blindfold would have worked just as well, but this made her seem infinitely mysterious.

They arrived as fast as they were able. Scribe handed Dusk off to one of her siblings smiling at them all Scribe went and took her place beside the water magus. Though she could not actually see them very well she could sense they were ther. She too could feel the pressure of the air around them, heavy with the great weaver’s magic. Duskmourne felt almost nervous, she’d been preparing for this for so long. She was usually so calm. Everything they had been learning lead up to this point. They would become what they were most meant to be. This was not something new. It had been explained to them already but with this they would finally set out on their respective journeys.

The cave got darker as the ceremony progressed and her turn finally came. It must be time then. Dusk removed her veil as the scribe placed the heavy mask gently on her face and she stepped in front of the water tribe magus. Her magenta eyes locked onto the magus as she recited her vow.

She bowed and smiled before stepping away gracefully. This was her calling in the world, and she would fulfil it. That much had never changed and she never doubted.

The Quiz
Please provide proof of activity in RP || [X]

Can this character record the happenings of the Ice Tribe? Why or why not? Nope, The ice tribe is too Isolated

How many flings are allowed per B'alam? None ever, for all Balam seek the other half of their soul. Lifemate only!

Where is the Guild, and the Grand Archives, located? The Guild is located within the water tribe capital or on on the edge of it, while the archives are within the capital itself.
Are you allowed to post in anyone's rp with this character to fulfill their duties? Nope they have to be marked in the thread title for the chronicler to be allowed entry. “Chronicler friendly” is the tagline.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:37 pm
Kindle the Flames

Basic Information
Your SN || Hoshi Lockhart
Do you agree to the rules of this event? Yup.
Are you willing to be available for rp? Always.
Is there anyone or anything you are not comfortable rping with? SniperNo one.
Are you available on AIM? Always on when I'm home.

About the Character
B'alam name || Eulalia
xxName Meaning || to talk well
Personality ||

Who said you can't be a chronicler and have fun, too? Eulalia hopes no one. Or if they do, she'll prove them wrong!
Eulalia is a bit of a two-sided coin. Without the mask, she enjoys a good conversation and adventure. With it, she's composed and has eyes only for the world around her. She takes her job seriously. In fact, this only strengthens the side of her without the mask. The longer she sits quietly, the more energy is stored up that needs to be drained out by the time she's allowed a rest. This makes her quite hyper nearly all the time she's free to talk and smile. Despite her vow of secrecy about what she's stored in her memory as part of history, she never seems to lack in things to talk about.

Relations ||

xxRelation to Stillwater She knows she can't swear loyalty to him, but she still wants to make him proud for helping give her this chance.

xxRelation to the Scribe Basically the same as Stillwater. She will always respect the two of them greatly and not soil the honor put upon her.

xxRelation to their "Siblings" Eulalia would hope to have a good relationship with the others and would be happy to see them, even if she might not be allowed to show it at the time.

Plots ||

This is the most difficult part of any form for me, as I prefer to let the ideas flow with RP. But there are a few things I'd like to see.

- Giving her trouble for being so playful. I could see a few not thinking she's up to the task or she's going to blow it by blabbing about what she's seen. Only to discover she's talking about a bird she watched while traveling in search of something to record.

- Someone, perhaps a youngster she met on down-time, not quite understanding what it means when the mask is on.

- Watching this kind of personality settle down into a relationship and raising a family with this kind of job is always amusing.

Short RP Sample ||

Eulalia was trying very hard not to bounce on the balls of her paws, since that, of course, wouldn't be very becoming of what she was here to do. Or preprare to do, rather. To see the wide world and all the fun things and other creatures in it. She wanted to make lots of friends. So long as they weren't from the Ice Tribe. Though she supposed the ones that also wandered couldn't be too bad. There was no land to kick her out of.

Did those of the cold wander? She supposed some did. Not everyone could be comfortable just staying at home. That was the whole reason it was difficult to stand still, though stand still she did, her tail flicking slowly back and forth at the tip.

But of course she knew the real reason she was here today. It was not all fun and games for Eulalia. She was just as eager for the opportunity to show off her memory and record all the wonderful stories out there. Perhaps she would even try making some up on her own. See how far they traveled. It would be fun to hear a story she came up with later on down the road told back to her.

Eulalia watched the others ahead of her taking the oath. She was not nervous in the least. Nothing to be nervous about. She wondered if they were. What the others thought of her. She knew she wasn't what most would think of when they heard the word chronicler. She was like two in one body. She had practiced staying still and observing, watching the wildlife for most of her personal time already. Making sure she was as ready as could be. She could do this, even if some might think otherwise. She would make Stillwater proud.

Now her time came and she stepped forward, letting the practiced stillness of serenity wash over her.

The Quiz
Please provide proof of activity in RP || [X] I have one to reply to, but none within this shop as of right now.

Can this character record the happenings of the Ice Tribe? Why or why not? No. The Ice Tribe lives in isolation and is wary of strangers.
How many flings are allowed per B'alam? None, they mate for life.

Where is the Guild, and the Grand Archives, located? The guild sits along the border of Mirro te Weavia. The archives are within the capitol.

Are you allowed to post in anyone's rp with this character to fulfill their duties? Only if the RP is marked.

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

The Grand Weaver
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:33 pm
Geyser Eelborn

User ImageUser Image

Hoshi Lockhart
User ImageUser Image

~Twilight...Angel~
User ImageUser Image

kamileunaire
User ImageUser Image

Ice_Dragon_Demon

User ImageUser Image

Mewsings of An Angel
If you would like the wind male, since he had no entries, you are welcome to him! If not, please let us know so we can contest him off later!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:46 pm
Congrats to you lucky gaiz!
Ah... :'3
Thanks for offering me the colorful boy... though I fear I wouldn't play him to justice - I'm not as good at expressing males unless they're very feminine males. And I'm not sure you guys would go for that in this role.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

The Grand Weaver
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:53 pm
Mewsings of An Angel
Congrats to you lucky gaiz!
Ah... :'3
Thanks for offering me the colorful boy... though I fear I wouldn't play him to justice - I'm not as good at expressing males unless they're very feminine males. And I'm not sure you guys would go for that in this role.

;; No worries! I figured that I could offer~ I'll get a runner's up prize up in a bit. :3 Wind boy will be put on hold for now.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:15 pm
The Grand Weaver

You don't have to do that!
I was pleased that I even managed to get an entry in with all the stress the past week.
xD <3  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

The Grand Weaver
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:34 pm
Mewsings of An Angel
User ImageUser Image