Drums
  Trumpet
  Trombone
  Saxaphone
  Other
View Results

McHuggies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:54 pm
I play rhythm guitar in my band, but I always wanted to try the drums or trumpet. I used to know how to play the trumpet, but it's a lost art on me now...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:25 pm
I play guitar, and I sing. wink

But I can play Trumpet, or Trombone.
Learnin' Tenor sax. soon too. O;  

Electric Uncle Akuma

McHuggies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:56 pm
Electric Uncle Akuma
I play guitar, and I sing. wink

But I can play Trumpet, or Trombone.
Learnin' Tenor sax. soon too. O;

Nice. I actually do back-up vocals too when it's needed.
I should've kept playing my trumpet though, so I'd be more musically diverse. I have everything I need to learn except patience sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:16 pm
I do lead vocals and play rythm guitar in my ska band.
But sometimes I play lead guitar, bass, or tumpet, depending if the other guys can learn their parts. 3nodding I would just play bass, but it's hard to play a sick bassline while singing.  

Yaktafu

McHuggies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:29 pm
Yaktafu
But sometimes I play lead guitar, bass, or tumpet, depending if the other guys can learn their parts. 3nodding I would just play bass, but it's hard to play a sick bassline while singing.

That's funny, our bass player is usually our lead singer. He's always been a huge fan of Fat Mike from NOFX, so he was pretty advent on getting some lead vocal action.

It's usually him or our lead guitarist that does vocals, but we tend to do a lot of quartet-ish stuffs which is really fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:35 pm
McHuggies
Yaktafu

That's funny, our bass player is usually our lead singer. He's always been a huge fan of Fat Mike from NOFX, so he was pretty advent on getting some lead vocal action.

It's usually him or our lead guitarist that does vocals, but we tend to do a lot of quartet-ish stuffs which is really fun.

That's cool. My friends hardcore punk band's bassist sings for them.
But I've actually never heard them play, so I have no idea if they're any good.

Yeah. I'm not really sure. Either I suck at bass, or my basslines are too complicated. confused  

Yaktafu

McHuggies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:58 pm
Yaktafu
Yeah. I'm not really sure. Either I suck at bass, or my basslines are too complicated. confused

lol I wouldn't know, I've never played bass before. People have told me that bass is easier to play, but it's more complicated to play and sing than with a guitar. Vocals + power chords = our lead guitarist xd

Find out if playing a simpler bassline helps while trying to sing and just step it up a notch over time until you're playing some hardcore basslines... that's what I'd do anyway sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:34 pm
in my ska band i play drums, but i also play guitar (both lead and rhythm i suck at lead though) and i can play keaboard but mostly im a drummer  

AnonymousJoe

NoFingersMcKenzi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:48 pm
I can sing and can play trumpet, guitar, bass, and keyboard.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:25 pm
AnonymousJoe
in my ska band i play drums, but i also play guitar (both lead and rhythm i suck at lead though) and i can play keaboard but mostly im a drummer

Our new lead guitarist can play the drums and bass too, so it's like having extra band members, which helps a lot sometimes.

NoFingersMcKenzi
I can sing and can play trumpet, guitar, bass, and keyboard.

Sounds like you're a one man band, that's awesome! Our sax-a-ma-phoner also played keyboard because he took classical piano lessons growing up. He was probably the only one in our band that actually had talent xd  

McHuggies

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:35 am
I AM in a ska band, and i play trumpet razz

it is my love heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:47 am
I had a band that started as a 7-piece ska band, but by the end of its run it was a 4-piece punk band. Shortly after the only other original member returned to the band, we broke up. Which was like this Saturday I think we finally disbanded. Not even year old and the band can be divided into 5 eras. And the band (past and present) has gone through a total of 20 members. Thats just ridiculous. Don't ever make yourself suffer that much.  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

Asthen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:53 pm
a few days ago my friend asked me if i wanted to play trumpet in a ska band he's trying to get started,
so yeah, i guess i play trumpet in a ska band. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:32 pm
koolbeanzkt
I AM in a ska band, and i play trumpet razz

it is my love heart heart heart

Really? This is cool, a lot of people in the guild are in a band it seems blaugh

Our trumpeteer is a girl too. I used to play trumpet, but we needed someone for rhythm guitar and I volunteered.  

McHuggies

McHuggies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:39 pm
Ivan_The_Punk
I had a band that started as a 7-piece ska band, but by the end of its run it was a 4-piece punk band. Shortly after the only other original member returned to the band, we broke up. Which was like this Saturday I think we finally disbanded. Not even year old and the band can be divided into 5 eras. And the band (past and present) has gone through a total of 20 members. Thats just ridiculous. Don't ever make yourself suffer that much.

lol That's why I like RBF's song 'Don't start a band'. Our band fell apart because a few members moved out of town after graduation, but we didn't have any serious aspirations to make it big or anything, it was just for fun.
It's coming back to life now though, with new memebers, so we're havin lots of fun with it.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff