Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:56 am

User Image
11/4/2014

Hey everyone and welcome to this week's ATG, now on TUESDAYS! There's a lot going on with Gaia right now so let's dive on in!

Guild Stuff:
I would like everyone to welcome our two new staff members: One of You and Love Renewed! <3 Please show them the same care and respect that you show the rest of us!

-If you were going to participate in certain movements we coordinate, what would they be?
A walkout or protest?
The arenas?
Moar letters?
A forum takeover?
A dressup day/week?
Let us know! We haven't seen much participation in our attempts recently and I want to get that number up. We need to show the rest of the community how passionate we are!

-Have you checked out the shops here in the guild lately? Pwnder, myself, and others are offering items at low prices just for you!
-There are also plenty of giveaway threads, contest and raffles going on around here that you guys need to jump on before they are all gone heart

Gaia Stuff
Did you check out ATS last night? I wasn't able to pop in until the end but it felt rather short to me. Not as many answers for sure.

How do you think Gaia should deal with the obvious cheating in the Halloween event?
Anything I missed? Let me know!

Added By Pwnder:

Let's keep supporting each other. Nenanah has recreated a guild update petition that pretty much every Gaian should sign
The Ultimate Guild Update Petiton Sign it!! emotion_donotwant

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are so many things that you can do as a member to get your voice out even if you are not a thread maker.

-Dress your avi and submit a statement to the Avatar Arenas. Heck! Write something or draw something! People will see it.
-Use that Aquarium Message in a Bottle to tell other Gaians about something important
-Tips and up-votes can really help those who are trying to make a valid point.
-Make your statement in your signature for everyone to see, why not? everyone else is doing it, take a look see.
-Sign those petitions! They are waiting for enough members to just say "hey, I sign'

Even the little things that we do as Gaians, to support each other, will bring more voices to the forefront of the Gaia staff.
Its a whole community effort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sign Petitions] [Express It With Your Avatar] [Send a Letter] [Revolution:Gaia Magazine]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:57 am
Also, my son turned 3 yesterday!!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:10 am
I didn't get to show up at ATS yesterday either, because I had to work all day gonk
I barely made 1 question in last weeks ATS before it closed emotion_facepalm

I hadn't gotten a chance to read through yesterdays ATS yet. I am curious though. It does seem like they are getting shorter because they are putting more effort into answering questions, meaning that people have less of a reason to show up for them. Not sure if that is good or not. But I mean once they clear the air on everything that has piled up over the last year they can go back to answering those dorky questions that the ATA used to consist of before the Cashocolypse.

Ugh, really, I wish they would take suggestions in this ATS versus SF.

I want them to mint a 1 Trillion Coin for Barton Boutique. xp
Really though, if you think about it, the irony/poetry of that is just amazing. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:10 am
Hey there guild staff! Thanks for always hosting this.
Recently I've been trying to be a little more gaia-active, asking questions in the ATS and posting in site feedback, even if I've been short on guild Participation. ^^"

I did however take part in that last Gaia Walk-Out, and spent like 4 days without logging in.
So I would for sure participate in another.

Also, It's been a while, but I did check out some of the shops, and Pwnder bought some of my Caches off me a while back as well, which was really great!

Lastly, I'm confused about "the obvious cheating" in the halloween event you're talking about. Can someone fill me in on how others are/were cheating?
I had all my kills wiped at one point, and some people told me they did that to users because of 'cheating' but I can't think of how I possibly did. :/  

Sellesion

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:32 am
I wish I could help but I don't know what cheating there was either.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:57 am
From what I understand, I believe there was some sort of glitch with the bosses and thus people were getting much higher scores on the leaderboards than what possibly would be normal. I didn't know there was a glitch, considering I never beat a boss, but I have seen leaderboard scores that said people had beaten the boss a thousand times over.

I believe when that question was raised, someone answered that they would clear the leaderboard and if they catch anyone cheating, they'd revoke the prize they won or something like that.

I had completely forgotten about AtS yesterday, though I did catch up with what questions were answered. A lot of the 'questions' were requests for guild updates, more frequent gold shop updates, specific recolors, and possible features for the site. Of course, they were all essentially 'put under consideration'.

I did find a few interesting ones though. Apparently they'll give us an update on what's going on with zOMG soon. And there were a few questions dealing with the manga/plot, but of course staff couldn't say much without spoiling.  

Troupe du Gothique

Enigmatic Superstar

24,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bold Glow 150

Sellesion

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:24 am
Oh, alright, that makes sense. I saw people on the leader boards with scores in the thousands as well. I only beat the first 2 bosses, once each.
Exploiting glitches is not ok, and I can understand how that's cheating.

Anyway, interesting update from the ATS Loyal, thanks. I forgot about it yesterday too, and got carried away baking.
Though, I suspected not much would be answered. I went to the last two ATS' and never had a question answered- not even when other people asked the same things I have.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:48 pm
I think our next step should be to try to limit the amount of announcement spam or suggest some sort of filters

yay or nay?  

Etrikia

Shy Dabbler

23,175 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Married 100
  • Olympian 200

serafym_angelkynd

Amorous Receiver

27,215 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:54 pm
i beat the bosses only cuz i have those green potions....i didn't know there was any glitch except for the ones where your potions didn't heal you and it erased everyone's kills on day 2! i hadn't really killed anyone cept maybe 30 people and i couldn't stay healed at all cuz i was running a healing thread (before they finally established a safe haven format) and demons kept coming and killing us. also they claim that the angels were somehow cheating only know one was willing to give details.....

also i'd suggest some long red gloves or fancy red gloves as a recolor item.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:30 pm
I was able to post in AtS yesterday.
I got a lot of answers to my questions.
Apparently Gaia has no plans to update guilds anymore, which sucks.
I'm thinking about making a detailed petition for a guild update, I've noticed that the past guild petitions were either not maintained or just flat died out.
So... I'll probably make one tonight.

And to the people exploiting that glitch in the event, I hope they get beat to death by a ban-hammer. emotion_donotwant
They ruined the event for everyone. Not cool.
I wish Gaia would have take the event offline to fix the glitch then relaunch when ready. =/  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

Ewui

Smitten Mage

44,775 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • New Fan 50
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:32 pm
Hated the event, that is very true.
Unable to take two minutes of participation without meeting an unfair doom.
Waiting to be healed was no better...
Would rather sit in horrid stormy weather.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:52 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Also, my son turned 3 yesterday!!
happy belated birthday to your son gaia_kittenstar  

Cerulean Miko

Blessed Warrior

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:09 pm
Quantcast and Google Trends show a burst on traffic at Tentacl from June to August. Afterwards, activity rapidly declined. And the #2 result for a Google search of Tentacl is an unfavorable review from Wired UK. I don't think Tentacl would live to see its first anniversary.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:20 pm
Alexius08
Quantcast and Google Trends show a burst on traffic at Tentacl from June to August. Afterwards, activity rapidly declined. And the #2 result for a Google search of Tentacl is an unfavorable review from Wired UK. I don't think Tentacl would live to see its first anniversary.

That review was hilarious. rofl
SPOT ON THOUGH!  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:51 pm
Yay for AtG!

*waves* Hi everybody!!

I missed AtS yesterday due to Mondays and my new schedule being crazy, but I reviewed a lot of it along with all of the staff answera, and I agree with Pwnder that if we don't take the opportunity to get our questions out there (especially now since staff and admin are finally answering/communicating with us again,) AtS might be reduced to the drivel questions (OMG! What did you have for lunch today?????) questions. Or even worse, we'll have posted pictures of larvae or bugs or something idiotic that will take over the thread and turn it into a RtS (Romp with the Staff) session.

Ugh.

Please consider posting questions for next week in our AtS Question Thread, or I'll be happy to go back through this one to grab questions for next week.

I'm going to try like crazy to attend and help ask these questions!!  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff