Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:54 am

User Image
10/6/14

Hey everyone and welcome to this week's ATG! There's a lot going on with Gaia right now so let's dive on in!

Guild Stuff:
-Revolution: Gaia is HIRING again! Check out This Sticky for details!

-We need your input! How do you celebrate fall? Halloween? Dia De Los Muertos? Thanksgiving? We know our members come from everywhere and we want all of you to be represented in our upcoming fall event.

-If you were going to participate in certain movements we coordinate, what would they be?
A walkout or protest?
The arenas?
Moar letters?
A forum takeover?
A dressup day/week?
Let us know! We haven't seen much participation in our attempts recently and I want to get that number up. We need to show the rest of the community how passionate we are!

Gaia Stuff
-The Leetgate scandal was closed with a very unsatisfying answer from Zero about the whole situation. How do you feel?

-Gold shop gold gens? What's your opinion on them. How do you think the guild should treat these? Personally I don't like them. I pretty much expect Gaia to up the payouts without telling us so that what was a gold sink turns into yet another economy ruining tool.

-The new user-artists seem to have a hand in the colouring and some less "popular" but more varied colour schemes are comin' out. Are you happy about that?

Anything I missed? Let me know!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are so many things that you can do as a member to get your voice out even if you are not a thread maker.

-Dress your avi and submit a statement to the Avatar Arenas. Heck! Write something or draw something! People will see it.
-Use that Aquarium Message in a Bottle to tell other Gaians about something important
-Tips and up-votes can really help those who are trying to make a valid point.
-Make your statement in your signature for everyone to see, why not? everyone else is doing it, take a look see.
-Sign those petitions! They are waiting for enough members to just say "hey, I sign'

Even the little things that we do as Gaians, to support each other, will bring more voices to the forefront of the Gaia staff.
Its a whole community effort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sign Petitions] [Express It With Your Avatar] [Send a Letter] [Revolution:Gaia Magazine]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:15 am
I dont know how to feel about gaia anymore.. I honestly have really given up hope that it will ever be what it formerly was..
at this point i predict it probably wont make it another 5 years but i've put so much time (10 years) and formed strong bonds with many people here that i feel obligated to sit it out and watch rome burn to the ground instead of running away early.

I've accepted gaia's demise. I just wish it didn't have to go.

I suggest writing more letters. I have already sent 12 myself. I didnt get any back but it makes me feel proactive about saving the site. eventually they will have to get tired of it and do something, i feel hopeful when i see the minor improvements they have done.  

PudgieBeans

Beloved Sex Symbol

serafym_angelkynd

Amorous Receiver

27,215 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:20 am
what is the leetgate scandal? i tried to "search" and got nothing. walkouts don't work and i can't afford cash for gold generators anyway. how about protesting the high prices at the marketplace? a forum about that?quote me so i know i got a response.......  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:19 am
(Opinions are coming from a user who is viewing Gaia like they're an internet troll. With all that's been going on lately, trolling is the only thing Gaia's doing. They're doing it well, and the amount of people with no problem with Gaia's trolling is astounding.)

The closest I come to celebrating fall is my birthday and the occasional stocking up of candy for kids who never come to our house anymore for Halloween. Prolly doesn't help that there's very few kids in an my area. sweatdrop
Use to do it through Gaia's events, but they've really, really sucked since before inflation kicked in. emo

If a forum takeover wouldn't get us reported like whoa, I'd easily participate in taking over every forum on this site. The amount of people who are concerned about the direction Gaia is taking, but won't do anything to find out why it's gone this way is ridiculous. I'd also dress up my avi. I think I'm starting to get lazy with these things. Everything users do to help Gaia get a clue Gaia either ignores or turns it around to favor themselves in a sick, trolling way.

Leetgate - I'm not surprised. Gaia answers everything that way. It's like watching a celebrity say they're sorry. Why are we making them apologize? We know they don't care you've been offended/betrayed/etc etc right? Anyway, we don't have any way of stopping them even if they were to continue. We're not talking about corruption of the US government here.

GS Gold Gens - I don't like 'em. The message that anyone who uses them is telling Gaia is "We like gold gens". That may not mean what YOU mean, but that's the only part Gaia is gonna listen to. I expect to see Gold Gens in the CS in full force very soon. It also fully displays my issue with the views of users on this site and within this guild. Get a clue people. Gold sinks =/= always good.

User artists? You mean the user created items? Can't make an opinion aside from "Nice, but mostly don't care". They're items I and most users on the site will mostly never attain. When they apply this to gold shop updates call me back. Then I'll probably be pleased...unless staff makes the GS prices ridiculously high, which they will.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:11 am
angelkynd1_uzumaki-san
what is the leetgate scandal? i tried to "search" and got nothing. walkouts don't work and i can't afford cash for gold generators anyway. how about protesting the high prices at the marketplace? a forum about that?quote me so i know i got a response.......

Link to the original 133tgate thread.
Basically the staff was manipulating the market and got caught.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:14 am
Andromeda Phoenix
(Opinions are coming from a user who is viewing Gaia like they're an internet troll. With all that's been going on lately, trolling is the only thing Gaia's doing. They're doing it well, and the amount of people with no problem with Gaia's trolling is astounding.)

The closest I come to celebrating fall is my birthday and the occasional stocking up of candy for kids who never come to our house anymore for Halloween. Prolly doesn't help that there's very few kids in an my area. sweatdrop
Use to do it through Gaia's events, but they've really, really sucked since before inflation kicked in. emo

If a forum takeover wouldn't get us reported like whoa, I'd easily participate in taking over every forum on this site. The amount of people who are concerned about the direction Gaia is taking, but won't do anything to find out why it's gone this way is ridiculous. I'd also dress up my avi. I think I'm starting to get lazy with these things. Everything users do to help Gaia get a clue Gaia either ignores or turns it around to favor themselves in a sick, trolling way.

Leetgate - I'm not surprised. Gaia answers everything that way. It's like watching a celebrity say they're sorry. Why are we making them apologize? We know they don't care you've been offended/betrayed/etc etc right? Anyway, we don't have any way of stopping them even if they were to continue. We're not talking about corruption of the US government here.

GS Gold Gens - I don't like 'em. The message that anyone who uses them is telling Gaia is "We like gold gens". That may not mean what YOU mean, but that's the only part Gaia is gonna listen to. I expect to see Gold Gens in the CS in full force very soon. It also fully displays my issue with the views of users on this site and within this guild. Get a clue people. Gold sinks =/= always good.

User artists? You mean the user created items? Can't make an opinion aside from "Nice, but mostly don't care". They're items I and most users on the site will mostly never attain. When they apply this to gold shop updates call me back. Then I'll probably be pleased...unless staff makes the GS prices ridiculously high, which they will.

I agree with you on the gold gens and the gold sinks to some extent. While I do my part and donate to all of the gold sinks, it doesn't mean I think they're a fix-all. I know the gold sinks have a more nefarious purpose but in the end it's either help a little or help not at all and I'd rather help a little.

As for the user-artists, a couple of regular users (Winter hue, Dakokkatz (That name is spelled wrong I know) and some others were hired to help out with recolours.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:26 pm
I do love the new recolors though I can not afford any of them. I have sold almost all my high end items or they have all defeated to be worth nothing. But I do enjoy looking at the amount of green.xD
As for the 133T scandal I am not surprised with Zero's response. I am disgusted with Gaia. And find it total bs that they removed the PUBLIC information. Users had a right to know. And see the proof. Just gah I just going to end there.
And lastly I hate these new gold gens. I think they are a ploy to get people addicted and attempt to get people to buy them with cash.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:53 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Andromeda Phoenix

I agree with you on the gold gens and the gold sinks to some extent. While I do my part and donate to all of the gold sinks, it doesn't mean I think they're a fix-all. I know the gold sinks have a more nefarious purpose but in the end it's either help a little or help not at all and I'd rather help a little.

As for the user-artists, a couple of regular users (Winter hue, Dakokkatz (That name is spelled wrong I know) and some others were hired to help out with recolours.

I'd rather not "help" at all concerning gold sinks when it means that a portion of the site is left out of event after event and gold shop update after gold shop update because that portion just happens to earn gold more slowly than others. I can't see how such things wouldn't do anything but more harm than good. But that's just me. *shrug*

Ah I see. Thanks for the info. Goodness knows Gaia needs some fresh artists who actually care about how their end products look.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:58 pm
Andromeda Phoenix

Maybe we could plan on taking over the chatterbox. Spamming that forum is fine, right? Our problem, however, is how we would out-spam the rest of the CB.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:56 pm
I am not going to win any popularity contests with this post, that's for sure, but since this is ATG and not ATA where we are heavily censored and/or ignored, I'm going to post and face the risk of being banned from this guild:

I don't take this guild seriously anymore. I say that as someone whom has been a part of this guild (almost) since the beginning with GC Revolt and the Madame Xiva days. Maybe it's the passing of time, or maybe it's just the sheer fact that many have already given up, but for me, a large part of it is that I don't see many of the crew here outside of Pwnder and sometimes Fate really being involved in this guild anymore.

It's just flat, and it almost feels unmonitored with strange chat posts being left in the main forum that have nothing at all to do with anything of interest to anyone outside of one or two people. I would cite examples, but I'm not going to do so since it would serve no purpose. It just seems anymore like the main forum is the dumping ground for whatever kind of thread anyone wants to start, and then it's just left sitting there.

In my humble opinion, things like THIS should come from R:G staff, or at the very least warrant specific mention somehow so that it's not missed. Obviously, not all of us can frequent the forums, and these are current topics of interest and discussion for all of us.

It just seems like none of this matters, and we're all just kind of told what to do and what it is that we should be interested in, even if the majority of us aren't interested in it, such as the Manga. Yet, we all have a very big interest in matters that concern staff transparency and global matters of the economy, which was the foundation of this guild.

So, I don't participate in much of anything here now. I used to wear my SOS sign like a beacon, but now it just gathers dust. I guess it's just me now, but I just don't feel the same about the cause anymore since there are so many mixed signals about what's acceptable (GGs or not; Buying items for cheap and then relisting for a profit; Cash Shop or no Cash Shop; are we taking a stand or not; what exactly IS the stand anymore).

I'm sorry to bring this up, and I'm preparing myself to be bashed, but it's been heavy on my mind since I'm really only interested in Pwnder's thread these days.

Do I have the answers? No.
Do I have hope? Yes.
Would I like to see more crew involvement? Yes.

I've always loved the avi arenas as a means of having our voices heard, but interest has waned.

I also love the idea of a dressup day or even meeting up in Towns 2 like the ever-loved Grunny event.

Even if we didn't wear the same item, a certain color might get our point across. All black? All red? Don't know.

With Gaia and 133T-gate, I hate that Gaia covers everything up, but at the end of it all; we all still choose to stay even though we know that staff and admin don't care what we have to say. We've tried and tried, but sometimes I wonder if it even matters at all anymore.

Cash is King, and Gaia is making it VERY tempting to spend that cash, but at the end of it all, Gaia is, was, and always will be about the community, and I miss this R:G community very much.

I'm just having my voice heard, and I hope that I won't be made to suffer for having spoken up.

Peace everybody.
-One of You  

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:57 pm
Alexius08
Andromeda Phoenix

Maybe we could plan on taking over the chatterbox. Spamming that forum is fine, right? Our problem, however, is how we would out-spam the rest of the CB.

The first thing that came to my head was a spam bot, then a bunch a reasons why that wouldn't work either followed. I'm stuck with the response, "Good Question." XD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:29 pm
Also, while I'm at it, I'm going to post again rather than edit my previous post and say that I don't like the idea of having a token figurehead as the "Captain" of this guild. It puts a false air of accountability and responsibility out there, and this whole "Guild Council" thing doesn't sit well with me at all, and it never has.

While I understand the idea in theory, this only lends to the idea that there is some secret faction discussing us behind closed doors, and we get that enough from Gaia staff and admin; I, for one, don't want it here.

If we, as a guild, were able to recruit some high-level Gaian members (like Menstrual Cramps and several others,) we might stand a better chance of helping to spread the word. Are there any site Mods in this guild? Perhaps we have them featured as Spotlight Consultants or something like that.

At the end of it all, it all comes down to having a face; a name; a person behind the cause that's truly helping to lead us to where we all want to be. Even if there's still a Guild Council or whatever it is, transparency would go a long way in helping to put all of us back on the same page, and to take us back to a time when we all knew that GC Revolt and/or Madame Xiva were standing at the front of the line ready to face whatever came our way.

Agan, I'm prepared for the bashing that I'm sadly afraid will ensue from my having the nerve to speak up, but I just couldn't bite my tongue any longer.

Peace everybody.  

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:44 pm
One of You
Also, while I'm at it, I'm going to post again rather than edit my previous post and say that I don't like the idea of having a token figurehead as the "Captain" of this guild. It puts a false air of accountability and responsibility out there, and this whole "Guild Council" thing doesn't sit well with me at all, and it never has.

While I understand the idea in theory, this only lends to the idea that there is some secret faction discussing us behind closed doors, and we get that enough from Gaia staff and admin; I, for one, don't want it here.

If we, as a guild, were able to recruit some high-level Gaian members (like Menstrual Cramps and several others,) we might stand a better chance of helping to spread the word. Are there any site Mods in this guild? Perhaps we have them featured as Spotlight Consultants or something like that.

At the end of it all, it all comes down to having a face; a name; a person behind the cause that's truly helping to lead us to where we all want to be. Even if there's still a Guild Council or whatever it is, transparency would go a long way in helping to put all of us back on the same page, and to take us back to a time when we all knew that GC Revolt and/or Madame Xiva were standing at the front of the line ready to face whatever came our way.

Agan, I'm prepared for the bashing that I'm sadly afraid will ensue from my having the nerve to speak up, but I just couldn't bite my tongue any longer.

Peace everybody.

You have every right to say your peace, fear not because you are not alone.

____

@Everyone

I have a bold idea to propose if anyone wants in, we remember how integral artists like MistyMary24 or Kitalpha Hart are to the overall Revolutionary Efforts, right?

Why not recruit more artists like them or at least request their aid?

I am asking it because I believe some of them may help us if they hear the plight, and there's one in particular I'd be asking about.

Could we get aid from the likes of SpazMuse of Deviantart by chance?

I figure that if we work together, we can help her so she may be able to help the cause if she chooses.

It's believed that if we also assist her in this project, she may even go so far as to help us with the Revolution if we help her with the Project.

Anyone has thoughts to this idea to see if it gets results?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:10 pm
One of You

Peace everybody.

You're definitely not alone in this because I don't like it either. The council thing makes it seem like "We are going to talk about you and not tell you anything and then we're going to decide things for you and if you don't like it, then gtfo." I don't like that and I remember the GC and Xiva days too. They ran this guild with compassion and a drive for the revolution and they were always there at the front of the pack for us.

For all this guild concil stuff, I see an awful lot of disconnect and people being on different pages right down to the core foundation of the guild with different beliefs on how the guild market runs and whether or not it's okay to buy gold generators or buy items from the cash shop. I'm confused about what's okay and what's not, and it all comes back to having a real captain to go to that is out there with us. A captain that's posting actively and has a crew that does the same.

I miss the days when the captain, crew and members of this guild were all on the same page.  

Herdez

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:42 pm
Herdez
One of You

Peace everybody.

You're definitely not alone in this because I don't like it either. The council thing makes it seem like "We are going to talk about you and not tell you anything and then we're going to decide things for you and if you don't like it, then gtfo." I don't like that and I remember the GC and Xiva days too. They ran this guild with compassion and a drive for the revolution and they were always there at the front of the pack for us.

For all this guild concil stuff, I see an awful lot of disconnect and people being on different pages right down to the core foundation of the guild with different beliefs on how the guild market runs and whether or not it's okay to buy gold generators or buy items from the cash shop. I'm confused about what's okay and what's not, and it all comes back to having a real captain to go to that is out there with us. A captain that's posting actively and has a crew that does the same.

I miss the days when the captain, crew and members of this guild were all on the same page.

I reckon that makes about 3 of us, this kind of problem's prevalent in groups outside this one, because apparently other groups wounded up with the same thing.(I.E Not Everyone's Majority agreed to get anything done.)  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff