View Results

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:49 am

We are currently hiring extra mods and contests hosts for our upcoming cookout! These positions will be paid! Look Here For more info and PM me if interested.

User Image
7/28/14

Hey everyone! Welcome to this week's Ask the guild! Here are some of the hot topics this week detailing both Gaia at large and this guild:
Gaia Stuff!
Cash Shop
More bundlemas and re-releases. I'm starting to get annoyed by the constant barrage of recolours for items that JUST came out! Also the girlie items really aren't doin' it for me anymore.

Gold Generators
Well they've made the jump from 155b to 1 TRILLION gold as the max payout on their disgusting generators. How do you feel? Are you as upset by this as I am?

Luckily it appears that the average payouts are getting lower. Still, ANY gold in the economy is bad! I highly encourage all of you to remind your friends of the harmful effects of gold gens. Tell them NOT TO BUY. If they have to spend GCash encourage them to spend it on deflation bundles and limited items or Mc's.

I also want to take a moment to remind everyone that this guild does not tolerate the use of Gold Generators. Any member caught purchasing and using these destructive items will be banned.

Club Verge Sales
Still silent on the verge front. Do you think it's been abandoned?

Gold shop releases
We got the recolour of dark heart! What do you think? I personally am not very fond of the item and I wish something more gender neutral would have won. It's good quality though.

Guild Stuff!
Our Summer Cookout is coming up on August 8-11 Check out our guild feedback sticky to tell us what you think, give us ideas, and help us make this event SUPER FUN!

Starting next week our arena entries will be re-vamped. The first theme is "Revolution". Make an avi that best embodies your idea of our guild. Tag it with "RevolutionGaia" in the arenas and don't forget to include a link or mention of our guild in the description.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are so many things that you can do as a member to get your voice out even if you are not a thread maker.

-Dress your avi and submit a statement to the Avatar Arenas. Heck! Write something or draw something! People will see it.
-Use that Aquarium Message in a Bottle to tell other Gaians about something important
-Tips and up-votes can really help those who are trying to make a valid point.
-Make your statement in your signature for everyone to see, why not? everyone else is doing it, take a look see.
-Sign those petitions! They are waiting for enough members to just say "hey, I sign'

Even the little things that we do as Gaians, to support each other, will bring more voices to the forefront of the Gaia staff.
Its a whole community effort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sign Petitions] [Express It With Your Avatar] [Send a Letter] [Revolution:Gaia Magazine]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:24 am
Yay First post <3
Yea I love the dark heart Item but I do wish something more gender neutral had won.

The re releases are just a pain :/  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

its a curse

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:36 am
I saw a post in the GCD a couple days ago, I got linked from SF.
It basically was an artist (I don't want to name drop) saying that recolors are pretty hard to do and there's so many layers and it takes sooo much time.

Anyone else call bs? xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:37 am
It's clear Gaia is running out of ideas. I fear the end is nigh if they continue this pattern. :/ I mean, it's so bad they had to send that dumb survey! And with a decided lack of support from the most loyal Gaians, it's going to be even harder to keep themselves on top.

I wish I could help out with the Cookout! But I don't have the time or creativity. OTL  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Has A Cunning Plan

Dapper Bibliophile

27,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:58 am
Izzy Derp
Yay First post <3
Yea I love the dark heart Item but I do wish something more gender neutral had won.

The re releases are just a pain :/

Gender-neutral would have been awesome. :sigh:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:26 am
Gold gens, what are you doing? talk2hand I do have to say though, it seems announcements lately are more item oriented than gold gens, or so I noticed. It's not a good thing or a bad thing, but at least I couldn't mention the current gold gen at LV, and we have 3 CIs at the same time, so I guess it could be worse.

The only recolor I liked was the whatever Thrall I'm wearing, because of the flexibility it has with the type of avis I make and the lack of leg mods that aren't crooked or in a weird pose, and that I happen to like. I actually really liked the leg mod in this one, so I said, I might as well.

The current limiteds are so weird; it's the first time I see something non-girly and totally breaking the mold being a limited. I liked them, and I'm inclined in getting them.

The Dark Heart recolor is meh, I didn't like the original either. The only thing I liked about it was the purple hair with Summer Haircut. But then again, SC can make almost any weird hair look actually wearable. Still, for 2B, I won't be getting it for just 1 pose. I don't even have the money.

Blood-Splattered Sundress

Vermillion Shapeshifter

Ewui

Smitten Mage

44,775 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • New Fan 50
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:34 am
User Image {The gold gens are still as annoying as ever. When are they gonna realize that eventually their ploy will not work. Users are slowly turning away from them, and the people that do buy them, are becoming irritated by the low payouts.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:56 am
its a curse
I saw a post in the GCD a couple days ago, I got linked from SF.
It basically was an artist (I don't want to name drop) saying that recolors are pretty hard to do and there's so many layers and it takes sooo much time.

Anyone else call bs? xp

I understand the amount of layers but honestly even if you take into account that most Gaia items have around 50 layers for all the positions it is STILL easy to make recolours when all you're doing is sliding the hue slider...not to mention that there are plenty of plug ins to allow you to do this to multiple layers at once and I KNOW they use those. It's BS. I used to be friends with one of the artists that worked for Gaia previously and she said that she usually had her items done very quickly. And that was for creating a whole new item, not just recolouring an old one.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:16 am
I've been seeing more people showing support for Gold Gens in SF and GCD. It's getting quite disturbing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:23 am
I am a little angry at the price of it more then what it is. Seriously, 2 bil is a lot to me and something I could never get.  

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:28 am
I don't like the fact that completely new items seem to only be released as LQIs or GoFusion items... When does CrosStitch start holding another contest?
Also, upping the amount of gold reward in the DC is nice, but I'm worried about that gold plus the big amounts of prize gold of the Beach Party art contests going into the economy.

On the other hand, I'm glad it seems possible to collect charms in the DC. I also can't wait for the cookout~ emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:36 am
Punktz

On the other hand, I'm glad it seems possible to collect charms in the DC. I also can't wait for the cookout~ emotion_bigheart

I'm glad about this too since it gives even newbies a chance to gain some gold or create a rare item.

The only thing that bothers me about this are the people that are saying "You have that, now you can't whine about inflation".  

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:47 am
I have basically stopped even caring about gaia's economy... Sure, it is still annoying, but it doesn't seem like it will get better no matter what we do, and there's also the fact that it is just pixels, I can live without it. xD
The only thing that actually still upsets me is that so many gaians waste their money on pixels. And that gaia is encouraging them to use more and more money, and to gamble with gold generators and such. Most of the users still using real money on this site are probably underage too. It's so frustrating! But I guess that is how this "business" works. =.=;
I wish it was easier to show the other gaians using real money that they are wasting their money completely and gaia is just using them. Surprisingly enough that doesn't seem to be so easy. o.o  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:21 am
*comes out of lurker mode*

General Thread Response
I actually haven't paid much attention to Gaia last week or even this past weekend. Too busy with real life. sweatdrop

I've been bored of their item updates for ages. It gets boring seeing a ton of items that don't interest you, and when they do they're overpriced beyond belief for one reason or another.

Gold gens/economy doesn't even...I almost don't care anymore. The only reason I do care is because Gaia's pretty much using the terrible economy as an excuse to treat events and LB as gold sinks, instead of treating these features with the respect and dignity they deserve as well as neglecting, excluding, and to some, punishing, any users who are poor/slow gold earners on top of that.

(I like the Dark Heart recolor, but don't like the price, even when compared to the Gold price of the original. I think they should have grabbed a masculine item, and an item with more feminine poses and released both. Not like it would have hurt anything.)

I'm also annoyed that Gaia seems so against releasing older item generators. We really do need way more of them. New item gens are nice, but they only cater to gold rich and GC users.

gonk I had no idea they were treating Club Verge so terribly. I knew they started treating it as a "general advanced chance", but to ignore it entirely. Shame on you Gaia, for shame. emotion_donotwant

Darius Runan

I don't think Gaians are becoming more "supportive" of gold gens. I think these are users who have always purchased gold gens, but are starting to speak out about the crap odds and whatnot. They've certainly gotten more brave about it since that sticky in SF was put up. At least that's what it looks like to me.

Personally I don't mind it. Not talking about it or shunning everyone who participates in buying gold gens doesn't make the issue go away. The shunning would probably make them buy 'em more as a "******** you" to those who shunned them. At any rate, talking about it in a negative fashion brought about from negative personal experiences makes people think twice imo.

I could be wrong tho, and it could be a slew of new people supporting these things. A thought which makes me gonk

Punktz

I'm so happy to see charms in DC as well. I wasn't expecting the star charms as well, and just seeing the heart charms there would have placated me. I think they went above and beyond with that update. Here's hoping they don't stop adding items that require just heart charms to GoFusion.

I like the gold reward increase in the DC. I think of it as a deterrent to Gold Gens. Anything that makes it easier to earn gold and keep up with this economy, while it increases inflation for a bit, it decreases the chances of someone opening up a gold gen and chucking 1 trillion into the economy because they got very lucky. The issue, of course, isn't solved. it's more of a matter of "lesser of two evils". At least that's how I think of it.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:40 pm
Andromeda Phoenix
Punktz

I like the gold reward increase in the DC. I think of it as a deterrent to Gold Gens. Anything that makes it easier to earn gold and keep up with this economy, while it increases inflation for a bit, it decreases the chances of someone opening up a gold gen and chucking 1 trillion into the economy because they got very lucky. The issue, of course, isn't solved. it's more of a matter of "lesser of two evils". At least that's how I think of it.

I guess that makes sense... *phantom tip*
Having a balance between helping gaians get up on their feet and not putting more gold into the economy is hard. confused  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff