Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:18 am
So we skipped a week....not intentional, but a lot has happened over this time so you might have missed a few things. Here we go....

Thanks to all the wonderful guild support in the ATG today an idea hatched!
This kinda thing happens when you get enough like minded people with different ideas, perspectives and knowledge together in one place.
The user account holders of gaiaonline.com request the cease of "Gold Generator" releases and sales. Regain our trust!

Onward.....

- I'm quite sure Gaia broke their 5 announcement a day record in this time.

But at this point who can count anymore, we are all just irritated beyond belief.

- Most importantly Uncle Kenny gave his farewells to Gaia Interactive on Februrary 12, last Monday. You can find his journal entry here for confirmation.

- Sadly he was not the only one, February 14th ubermegAtrOn also bid his farewells in his journal entry here..

We lost two precious Devs last week and they will be sorely missed.

- We were threatened with the possibility of no Valentines Day event this year when Uncle Kenny stated in the forums that he hadn't "received any instructions or material in order to put an event together" posted on Feb 8th.

We find out later that he had his last day at Gaia on Feb 12th.

- We did get some appreciation and consideration from some of our remaining beloved Gaia staff with 5 Days Of Love

So we know there are still people looking out for us
Although at first not announcement worthy it came in the form of Staff Alerts on Feb 22 and later via the announcement.
The event came, it had few frills that the Gaia community was used to for so many years like Holiday Themed Background, Wing Stickers, Mad Lib Valentine Card Exchanges, and NPC shop interaction, but it did come with the newly expected Switchem (which seemed hastily implemented due to its over all appearance and particular item grants) and it's own holiday forum. One could look at this years Valentines event in several different ways, that Gaia is no longer interested in keeping up events or it simply being a side effect of Uncle Kenny's untimely departure. We shall see when future events are expected to occur.

- Gaia's 11th Anniversary came upon us the same time as Valentines Day in the form of a sale

Yet again with no frills.

-On the actual Anniversary date did we get this, with our free Anniversary Item.

For me there is something about the delivery announcement and the item its self, that speak volumes to me about the direction that Gaia is going. Again, in light of the recent loss of Uncle Kenny, I'm willing to give future events the benefit of the doubt.

- On Feb 11th Gaia called for and In-Office Feeback Session

Quite short notice, which called for people who live in the area to visit HQ to participate in a tour and feedback session and have a look at the happenings at Gaia Interactive. Of course all participants are subject to Non disclosure agreements and cannot share several things with the community.

- We did get a Gold Shop Update, hallelujah!

What do you guys think of these items? Some don't like the dresses but I think they are alright

- Aside from all the Bundles Galore we were given our daily dose of Gold Generators, plus a new one!!:

The release of 11 gold generators in the past 14 days, including the introduction of a new one, Gambino's Prized Jewels. This constitutes a statistic of 1.25 gold generators a day.
Candy Hearts x 3
Roses and Romance x 2
Divinity's Reach x 2
Coin Toss x 1
Flynn x 1
Let It Ride x 1
Pick A Card x 1
Gambino's Prized Jewels !New!

Carnival Day!Super New! Only 5 hours old!
All within the past 14 days... What is the point Gaia??!.

Inflation is at an all time high now. Is there anything that can be done to combat this situation? Or do they intend to increase the gold cap? Suspicions are high that it might already be increased or in the process. In the Marketplace, many items are being listed for more that the known gold cap at 4,294,967,295g rather than the previous amount of 2,147,483,647g. Where do we go from here?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:49 am
With regards to the inflation specifically, it's so sad how bad it has gotten. Remember those days when $100 = 10 million gold? Well if you look at Candy Hearts which seems to give the greater GC to gold conversion, then $100 = 773 million. And if you got one of those 35% off GC sales, then $100 = 991 million gold. It's absolutely ridiculous.  

Zandy

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 am
Pwnder
So we skipped a week....not intentional, but a lot has happened over this time so you might have missed a few things. Here we go....

- I'm quite sure Gaia broke their 5 announcement a day record in this time.

But at this point who can count anymore, we are all just irritated beyond belief.

- Most importantly Uncle Kenny gave his farewells to Gaia Interactive on Februrary 12, last Monday. You can find his journal entry here for confirmation.

- Sadly he was not the only one, February 14th ubermegAtrOn also bid his farewells in his journal entry here..

We lost two precious Devs last week and they will be sorely missed.

- We were threatened with the possibility of no Valentines Day event this year when Uncle Kenny stated in the forums that he hadn't "received any instructions or material in order to put an event together" posted on Feb 8th.

We find out later that he had his last day at Gaia on Feb 12th.

- We did get some appreciation and consideration from some of our remaining beloved Gaia staff with 5 Days Of Love

So we know there are still people looking out for us
Although at first not announcement worthy it came in the form of Staff Alerts on Feb 22 and later via the announcement.
The event came, it had few frills that the Gaia community was used to for so many years like Holiday Themed Background, Wing Stickers, Mad Lib Valentine Card Exchanges, and NPC shop interaction, but it did come with the newly expected Switchem (which seemed hastily implemented due to its over all appearance and particular item grants) and it's own holiday forum. One could look at this years Valentines event in several different ways, that Gaia is no longer interested in keeping up events or it simply being a side effect of Uncle Kenny's untimely departure. We shall see when future events are expected to occur.

- Gaia's 11th Anniversary came upon us the same time as Valentines Day in the form of a sale

Yet again with no frills.

-On the actual Anniversary date did we get this, with our free Anniversary Item.

For me there is something about the delivery announcement and the item its self, that speak volumes to me about the direction that Gaia is going. Again, in light of the recent loss of Uncle Kenny, I'm willing to give future events the benefit of the doubt.

- On Feb 11th Gaia called for and In-Office Feeback Session

Quite short notice, which called for people who live in the area to visit HQ to participate in a tour and feedback session and have a look at the happenings at Gaia Interactive. Of course all participants are subject to Non disclosure agreements and cannot share several things with the community.

- We did get a Gold Shop Update, hallelujah!

What do you guys think of these items? Some don't like the dresses but I think they are alright

- Aside from all the Bundles Galore we were given our daily dose of Gold Generators, plus a new one!!:

The release of 11 gold generators in the past 14 days, including the introduction of a new one, Gambino's Prized Jewels. This constitutes a statistic of 1.25 gold generators a day.
Candy Hearts x 3
Roses and Romance x 2
Divinity's Reach x 2
Coin Toss x 1
Flynn x 1
Let It Ride x 1
Pick A Card x 1
Gambino's Prized Jewels !New!

All within the past 14 days... What is the point Gaia??!.

Inflation is at an all time high now. Is there anything that can be done to combat this situation? Or do they intend to increase the gold cap? Suspicions are high that it might already be increased or in the process. In the Marketplace, many items are being listed for more that the known gold cap at 4,294,967,295g rather than the previous amount of 2,147,483,647g. Where do we go from here?

I had to quote this just so I could read your tiny, size 7 text...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:32 am
the anniversary gift was bullshit.

"here, let's throw together a depressing halo to give to our wonderful users instead of working on an actual decent, anniversary-worthy item."

that's what i got from the item. i am so insulted.

that said, the gold shop updates are no where near as frequent as they should be. not the mention, compared to the cash shop items, the gold shop items are very low quality and tbh they're getting uglier and uglier.

neutral  

sharkling

Shy Hellhound

13,875 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100

l N C E P T l 0 N

Big Trash

35,140 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:47 am
I have to say I am very sad that Uncle Kenny is leaving. I didn't know him personally, but he was a big part of my Gaia life. It's almost like Gaia is falling apart with him leaving.

D8.

But aside from that, I am up in arms about these stupid Generators. I don't understand why they are killing the marketplace with so much gold.

The inflation is getting stupid but they don't seem to care. D8

What kind you do?

#gaia problems.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:12 am
I am so incredibly sad that Uncle Kenny is leaving. While I'm glad that he had an opportunity for advancement, he was the one that made the events so great. In the current atmosphere, I don't know that we will ever see those type of things will happen again. But we will see, I guess.  

eclaire5

Shy Protagonist

Zelda Faye

Interstellar Muse

15,175 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 am
Happy Pants Salesman

"here, let's throw together a depressing halo to give to our wonderful users instead of working on an actual decent, anniversary-worthy item."

that said, the gold shop updates are no where near as frequent as they should be. not the mention, compared to the cash shop items, the gold shop items are very low quality and tbh they're getting uglier and uglier.

neutral
i agree...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:45 am
Happy Pants Salesman

neutral

Ugh, I couldn't agree with this more! The anniversary item was a complete joke. And as someone who has been on here since '07 and has been pretty darn loyal to Gaia I was pretty insulted with this sad little item, too.

And the Gold shop updates, don't even get me started. Seeing all these Cash shop items, which are all so beautiful and amazing, the Gold shop items pale in comparison. You would think that instead of all the recolors of items they'd work on the Gold shop items!

Also, does anyone else think Club Verge is bullshit? People who have shown extraordinary support by buying what was it, 9999 GC? I think that it should be open to people who've been on here for 10+ years. -_- We can really see where Gaia's loyalty lies.  

MyDyingLight

Timid Nymph

21,415 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Master Converter 500

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 am
I just wish there was somebody we could talk to about the way the Gaia staff have been pushing their cash and ignoring the user base. Like the BBB or something. xD But I don't think anybody handles "Free to play" sites like this that bully their users. Specifically since we are NOT paying for services if we're not buying GC and we can leave any time we want.

It's really depressing though because we've totally been shut out and they are ignoring EVERYTHING. No staff will post in the forums about what's going on. They keep shoving GC stuff in our faces and pushing multiple announcements. It's all just getting worse.

I wonder how much longer they'll keep it up before they just quit working on Gaia at all or shut it down. I also wonder if we'll get a notice in advance or if one day it'll just be gone...

BTW for anybody who doesn't know, you can block Jet and Cygnus (Or whatever their names are) from the drop down menu under their avatar in one of their posts. You'll still get the announcement bubble but when you click on it, it'll tell you you're unable to view the post. You can unblock them at any time from the MY GAIA tab.

(I do still wear GC items but I do NOT buy GC, nor have I ever. Everything I have is from earning pure gold.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:35 am
the booty sucks and seriously why do we need so many item generators especially because its the same damn item again and again so those go too cheep where as other go to for insane more!

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

Umioko

Playful Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:51 am
Yay, it's baaaaack! e 7e <333 Thanks for hosting this again.
- - - - - - - - - - -

Gaia's At-Least-5-A-Day Announcements Advertisements: Full of recolors, bundles, last minutes, and other GC related spam. I'm so sick of these! I wish they would put up a weekly schedule like so many people have suggested already. >m<
- - - -
Uncle Kenny's and ubermegAtrOn's Farewells: Noooo! D': I didn't know uber too well, but any developers who leave Gaia always make me feel bad, and a bit paranoid. They and the other two will be missed! Uncle Kenny was mostly our go-to for communication between the users and Gaia too. It's sad to see him go, but I'm glad he's still around to pop in and out, and that he's gotten a better job closer to home.
- - - -
"Valentine's Day Event": I know I might be called ungrateful, but it wasn't much for me. I appreciated the items we got, but honestly it was really low-grade compared to the past events. The 5 Days of Love was late, the Valentine's forum was late, and the only things that were on time and prepared for Valentine's Day was, of course, the sales and gold generator. They even released that generator well after Valentine's Day! D:< What, like a week after? That's total bogus.
- - - -
Gaia's 11th Anniversary: Again, I might be called ungrateful for this too, but this was also pretty bad! A dumpy little grey halo to celebrate 11 striving years of Gaia. "Thanks for staying with us. Here's a cruddy little halo, and oh wait, to show your loyalty, HERE'S A SALE." There were tons of threads on the topic of the anniversary, and I guess once they saw all the complaints, they shoved out a quick little halo. And grey?! What a depressing color for Gaia's anniversary. I hated how they used the old Gaia's logo too, that blue and pink one. I love that logo, but to use it now was cruel. emotion_0A0
- - - -
In-Office Feedback Session: I heard it went well. I had thought Lanzer was gone and out, but apparently not, and he was there! O: Lookie here. That picture cheered up my whole week, haha. I'm glad they had fun and the feedback was well-received.
- - - -
Gold Shop Update: Finally! I think the items are alright. Glad they didn't forget about it.
- - - -
Gold Generators: I'm so convinced that these are permanent and will never stop. Soon they'll be releasing 1-2 generators a day, everyday. Just watch. emotion_facepalm
- - - -
Inflation: Can be solved if they just stopped releasing gold generators completely and utilized a great gold sink that everyone could be part of. I saw some pretty good suggestions in the Site Feedback forum. A lottery, and such. Other than that, it'll just keep on getting worse.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:56 am
If Sisky leaves, I'm leaving too. emotion_donotwant
This is getting so out of hand.

Everything that made Gaia great is dying off...
I'm really hoping that this, too, is a phase, and that in a few years Gaia will be improving again.

Management can change more than once, right?

By the way, I sent a message to the email address provided to inquire where the office was, as I met all the requirements, and they never replied back at all.
Not even a "Thank you for your time, but we are no longer accepting applicants."
Not even an answer to my question.
I was pretty disappointed. sad

I hope whoever attends/attended spreads the word that many Gaians are unhappy, and reminds the higher-ups of why, or suggests some solutions.

As a regular community member, I sometimes feel so powerless.  

fuzzy . chaos

Cat

15,590 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cat Fancier 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:08 am
A mourning halo to mourn the loss of a Gaia anyone cared about o.e  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:10 am
So... We were just told, probably on purpose, by someone leaving Gaia that we now have only TWO devs left on staff. Two.
I no longer question why the recolors look so bad. These poor devs are being told to pop out enough items for 7 announcements a day, I'd be half-assing it too!

But there's no excuse for this shitty a** anniversary item. I honestly don't think that this was a planned thing at all. I think people assumed that the ending on the V-day event was supposed to be the anniversary event, & when enough people bitched about it, & the fact that all we got for the anniversary was a cash shop sale, Gaia went "Oh ********, they're really mad! Quick! What do you have in stock that we can change the color on & pop out?!"

I was so upset, that I changed my avi. As it says in my sig, my avi represents my mourning for the death of Gaia (because yes, it's dying) & the giant s**t that Gaia has taken on it's users - Especially having to do with the anniversary.  

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 am
Kegokec

BTW for anybody who doesn't know, you can block Jet and Cygnus (Or whatever their names are) from the drop down menu under their avatar in one of their posts. You'll still get the announcement bubble but when you click on it, it'll tell you you're unable to view the post. You can unblock them at any time from the MY GAIA tab.

You need to tell everyone this. Go post this in feedback. Make it "Feedback" by asking for a better method to stop the madness, & then add at the end that you can do this & it's the best method we've got.
It blows me away that so many people are seeking a way to turn off cash shop announcements, & this is the best we can come up with.  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff