Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[FIELD CLASS] The Theory of Existential Crisis | WRAP PG3! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:49 am
One day, out of the blue, a hand-written notice appeared on the school bulletin board.

Quote:
The Theory of Existential Crisis

A story of dire consequences. And minipets. Mandatory Optional, but you are highly encouraged to attend!

Classroom 13
Frightday, 10am

Latecomers will have to submit a haiku about minipets before leaving class.

OOC NOTES
- Class will end before 1st March.
- Rounds will be 20 to 36 hours long.
- ONE student/pony/hunter per player please! So you can't play both Tom and Timmy; you have to pick either one!

- Contact me if you have questions! IM: XDragain | Gaia: Dragain

- LET'S DO THIS THING!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 am
When you arrived in the classroom, you realized that the lights had been dimmed - most probably so that your attention would go towards the glowing blue light at the other end of the classroom. As you neared it, you realized that it was actually a door with a portal built into it. A sign - written in the same hand writing as that of the notice on the school bulletin board - had been taped to the side of the doorway.

Quote:
Please step through the doorway. I'll be waiting on the other side.

<-----------------------------------

Stepping through the portal was like trying to walk through water, although it was only for a brief second. After leaving the classroom, you found yourself standing on lush, green grass. The pumpkin sun was shining through the glass ceiling above you, and although it was pretty chilly outside, it was pretty warm... Wherever you had been teleported to. It smelled like moist earth - pleasant to some, but not to others.

"So... Welcome to my private minipet center. Will talk more about The Theory of Existential Crisis after this activity," Malcolm greeted the students as they appeared, hastily handing over a small cage-trap with a piece of minipet fear candy inside as bait to each student, "Our target is a minipet. Will explain more later when we gather again. Go set up the cages first please."

OOC INSTRUCTIONS

- This round will serve as "sign ups" - but your student will not be barred from joining the class after! Take this as warm up.
- Basically, have your student pick one of the following spots, and RP them setting up their cage-trap there.
- Use the form found below; put it at the bottom of your RP post.
- You have 24 hours!

Trapping Spots
  1. In a bush where red berries are growing.
  2. In a bush near a sandy area.
  3. In a bush under the shade of a tree.
  4. In a bush near a rocky formation.

[color=orange][b]I PUT A TRAP CARD FACE DOWN ON THE FIELD[/b][/color]
[size=11][b]Student name:[/b]
[b]Spot chosen:[/b] 1/2/3/4[/size]

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:21 am
Reserved for list of students ouo  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:22 am
Another post because why not?  

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Sable Eye Cerena

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:56 pm
I PUT A TRAP CARD FACE DOWN ON THE FIELD
Student name: Tansy
Spot chosen: 3

Though Tansy had her doubts about the portal (not necessarily about making it through in one piece but rather whether it was going to leave permanent marks on her clothes), her excitement about her first Amityville Academy class finally won her over.

When she stepped through, she noted almost instantly that she was the first one there -- and glad of it, too. The underwater sensation had caused her tail to completely poof out, disturbing her customary cupcake tail capelet which drooped sadly off to one side, unable to hang properly over the stiff bristles of her fur.

Murmuring a too-soft-to-be-heard greeting the professor, Tansy distractedly accepted the cage-trap in one hand while she scooped her tail to her chest with the other. She turned to the suggested trapping spots and immediately looked for a hiding spot.

The tree looked like her best bet -- she disappeared behind its trunk for a moment. It was only when her fur was properly back in place and her clothing smoothed back down that she stepped back out. She squatted down to consider the suggested trapping spot, placing her cage up against one of the roots of the trees and making sure that the door was latched open. Now that her appearance was no longer at the forefront of her mind, it struck her that the bush with the berries might have been the better spot -- it certainly looked more appealing, and it seemed like it would be easier to trick a hungry minipet into a cage if it was already looking for food.

But picking the cage back up and moving it might draw more attention to herself than she wanted. Tansy ritualistically smoothed her dress over her hips and straightened her shoulders, trying her best to look like she was someone who knew a lot about the best place to trap a minipet.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:42 pm
Student name: Trisha
Spot chosen: 1

Class? Didn't it say mandatory? but it was optional? she was so confused. However, there was mention of minipets. She liked minipets. Mandatory minipets.

And Theory, were they learning about FEAR at all? But minipets.

Trisha arrived at the classroom expecting it to be full of people. instead, she found a portal? Oh cool... where was the guardian though? She looked around a moment wanting to say hello but didn't see anyone. Rude. her cheeks puffed up briefly before she tromped through head held high.

she listened to the professor wondering what kind of minipets they were catching.

She thought maybe it would like berries. She likes berries. She set up her cage there, though it took her some time. Trisha wasn't quiet used to the concept of catching or setting things up. Normally the help would do that. It took her a long time but she managed to get the cage mostly right.  

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:12 am

Throw a balrog an underwater sensation, and he'll be out the other side all sparks darting around his exposed skin in protest. They vanished as quickly as they came once his brain caught up to his eyes at least, but his body was tense. He was not underwater. He was not anywhere near water. Scolding himself for the ridiculous behavior. At least here was warmer than from where he'd come. Though... that has him casting a few skeptical looks around. He'd come here with the unease of if the class really was optional. Better to avoid trouble if he could. How much he was already regretting his choice.. eh. Fifty-fifty.

A simple explanation for their location was given, and though he still wondered how far they were from the school, he took the cage-trap with... well. Another skeptical look, lifting it up to eye level to peer at the device. Namely the strange bait. Raising a brow slightly to the professor, he moved to the only location that seemed especially comfortable to the boil: near the rocky formation. Minipets could hide among the crevices, couldn't they? He was trying to trap them, not crawl in after them.

Or at least... that was the goal. Assuming the trap he set up actually was set up right. Didn't these things come with instructions? Crouching down by his attempt with the device, he glanced at the others gathered in the class. How big would this get?

Student name: Neithan
Spot chosen: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:49 am
Minipet classes with a practical aspect often involved being out in the sun. Siddie wore a hood, and was pleased to see that she'd guessed correctly when she stepped through the portal. They were indoors, but the pumpkin sun shone through the glass ceiling. A greenhouse? Or maybe a blackhouse, with lovely poisons?

She made a little curtsy to Professor Malcolm, accepted the trap, and went to set it up in a nice shady spot.

Student name: Obsidian
Spot chosen: 3

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Alicia Firestar

Fluffy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:57 am
Millie stared at the portal for a few minutes before entering and was pleasantly surprised to be outside.
After being handed a trap and feeling a little confused at what they were doing, Millie picked a spot where some red berries grew.

What happened to the theory thing? she couldn't help but wonder to herself. Eventually, she decided that getting a potential new pet was better than any class.

Student name:Millie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:57 am
Student name: Mayaa

Mayaa normally didn't attend classes not because she didn't want to but because she just plain forgot. But this class was about minipets. MINIPETS. Never not minipets.

And so she signed up, completely zoned out as the professor talked about stuff about minipets but there weren't any minipets, and went to set up her trap near a bush with berries. Because snacks.

But then she saw Trisha and totally forgot about minipets (for just a moment) and snacks and tackled the ghoul.
"TRISHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OH WOW I am so happy to see you are you trying to catch minipets too??!"

phantompanther13
never not harassing

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:17 am
"Mayaaaaaa!" Trisha took the tackled and hugged her best friend. Best friends forever.

"Yes, I'm trying to catch mini pets too.... though, I've never really caught minipets before. Well... I caught my fish but that was on lines... not in cages. I should show you my koi pond one day. Well not really a pond, more of a big Tank, but I caught a lot." Trisha loved her minis, even if it took forever to catch them all.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"We shall catch all the minis."

[A.V.]
Hello friend. XD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 am
Student name: Xaejil
Spot chosen: 4

One of the few things about Amity that she'd grown to like were the minipets. Her own stayed back at her dorm, were very strictly and properly trained, and were her favorite things in the world.

Not that she'd admit it.

The portal hadn't phased her in the slightest and the beholder ghoul took her trap dutifully. Rocks reminded her of home so she headed towards that location only to find some boil there.

She gave him and harsh glare. He better not tamper with her trap or try to steal her minipets.

Kailey Koreco
Glaring at you :O

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:36 am
Upon returning to Amityville following his mother's surprise Scarentines summons, Brenley hadn't made any effort to leave the reaper dorms. With enough food and water in his mini fridge to keep him alive through weeks of self-confinement and plenty to think about, there was no real need to. Even after he had pored over her words until they held barely any meaning at all, Bren still had his experiments. At least this time he'd remembered to regularly brush his hair.

What had finally lured him back outside was a strange summons to research the Haunted Library. He'd been promised rare enchanting materials; all he'd gotten was a headache, dry mouth, and a whole lot of questions. Oh, and a little perspective. Staying in your room for so long that the pumpkin sun burned your eyes when you emerged was one of the most effective ways to make you feel like a crazy shut-in, and the way his room had reeked when he'd gotten back only served to add weight to that assessment.

He'd noticed the sign tacked to the bulletin board on his excursion and if he was slightly late to class, it was only because he couldn't figure out what to wear. His favorite pair of casual short pants had been ripped during his adventure and he hadn't made time to mend them. Showing up to class in fancier clothing than that would probably be bad, considering the messes he'd gotten into in the past, and he really didn't feel like putting up with the scratchy confinement of jeans today. In the end he wore them anyway, shuffling off to class in a combination of formal and casual that made him vaguely uncomfortable for reasons he couldn't pinpoint.

When he reached the classroom and found only a portal, Brenley stopped and frowned. Portals were not really his favorite way to travel, and he very nearly turned around and abandoned the very idea of attending this class when he heard approaching footsteps. Crouching behind the closest desk, the boil watched a trio of ghouls enter the room and walk through without hesitating (much) at all. Bren sighed. If they could do it, so could he.

Emerging on the other side, he paused to recover from the odd weightiness of passing through the portal before looking around the area. Students and traps. Bren nodded distractedly as he was handed one of his own, then took a deep breath, cleared his throat, and headed off to set it up near an inviting patch of sand.

Student name: Brenley
Spot chosen: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:42 am
"Oh, koi pond? That sounds really neat!!"
She just... had to remember fish were friends, not food. At least, fish minipets that belonged to her friends. Why did two of her closest friends have to have fish minis? :C

"I caught some minis too, but never with traps."
She eyed them curiously, wondering how it would work.
"And yes! Minis! I'm so excitedddddddddddddddddddddd!!!"

phantompanther13
emotion_kirakira

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:51 am
"Yep. Oh what did you catch?"

Trisha stared at her trap one more time. "I think we will scare them away." Minis are small and like quiet. And not to be stepped on.

"We should let them find the traps now...." She gave a sage nod, as if she really did know what she was doing and started off towards where the professor was.

[A.V.]
now to wait for traps.

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas