Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cusworthington

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:32 pm
Any ideas anyone?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Dont do the usual metalic color. Id suggest picking up some old metal necron minis and filing off the dull pewter to make em shinny and add in alittle chaos black to s**t off the depths of the mini and something for the eyes  

Reddemon

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:53 am
Reddemon
Dont do the usual metalic color. Id suggest picking up some old metal necron minis and filing off the dull pewter to make em shinny and add in alittle chaos black to s**t off the depths of the mini and something for the eyes

Ignore this man.
Leaving bare pewter does not count as painting.
You'd have done ONE color on the model by this method. Black. Tournament legal armies require 3 colors minimum.
There's a big ol' painting guide in the 'cron codex if you can get a look at it.
Also -
http://uk.games-workshop.com/necrons/rusty/1/
RUSTY Necrons, perhaps?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:59 am
Cagalli Yura Attha
Reddemon

Ignore this man.
You'd have done ONE color on the model by this method. Black. Tournament legal armies require 3 colors minimum.
There's a big ol' painting guide in the 'cron codex if you can get a look at it.
Also -
RUSTY Necrons, perhaps?
Oh yes. The infamous 3 colour min. Though Cag I suggest you try it sometime on a sword or something. It really stands out  

Reddemon

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:11 am
Reddemon
Cagalli Yura Attha
Reddemon

Ignore this man.
Also -
RUSTY Necrons, perhaps?
Oh yes. The infamous 3 colour min. Though Cag I suggest you try it sometime on a sword or something. It really stands out

A skilled painter has no need to cut corners like that. How hard is it to drybrush on a silvery colour over black spray?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:59 pm
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
Reddemon
Cagalli Yura Attha
Reddemon

Ignore this man.
Also -
RUSTY Necrons, perhaps?

A skilled painter has no need to cut corners like that. How hard is it to drybrush on a silvery colour over black spray?
True. But compare a silver paint job to the shine from the pweter when scraped  

Reddemon

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:03 am
Reddemon
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
Reddemon
Cagalli Yura Attha
Reddemon

Ignore this man.
Also -
RUSTY Necrons, perhaps?

Wouldn't that ruin the composition of the piece? Like doing a pencil drawing and then colouring in the guy's face in pink felt tip?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:23 am
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
Reddemon
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
Reddemon
Cagalli Yura Attha
Reddemon

Ignore this man.
Also -
RUSTY Necrons, perhaps?

Wouldn't that ruin the composition of the piece? Like doing a pencil drawing and then colouring in the guy's face in pink felt tip?
Not as much as you may think. It might comeout alittle pitted but it looks like it has been used  

Reddemon

Eldar Pheonix Lord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:55 pm
anyone got C'tan nightbringer painting tips?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:02 am
Might I suggest you use NONE of the metallic colors for your Necrons?

You can find a lot of resources for painting non-reflective metal surfaces online, and one of the best examples I've seen is in the (HERETIC!) Rackham Miniatures Confrontation Store. Their in-house painters produce beautiful work but never use "shiny" paints.

They used to have a faction of people completely sealed up in Knight-style armor, but I can't find them anymore. Just browse around. Anyhow, it produces a much better look in my opinion than any GW metallics. It looks more 'natural' and less 'glitterpaint'.

IMHO, of course.  

FlashbackJon

Eldar Pheonix Lord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:05 am
Wellll thats a good plan but im a lazy guy so i use Boltgun Metal Primer and do some small touchups with paint  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:22 pm
well i would use black primer,green for the eyes and cord on the gun, mix of bolt gun metal a mitherl silvar every were,rusty washsis every were.
cheaper than most minis and it looks cool!!  

knight of awsome

Eldar Pheonix Lord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:31 am
try dybrushing on a layer or two of firey orange on top of a layer of black it makes it kinda rusted look mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:26 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
Reddemon

Ignore this man.
Also -
RUSTY Necrons, perhaps?
NO, polishing it right is a legitimate technique. I hear it's pretty hard to get right.  

Tableau

Eldar Pheonix Lord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:08 pm
any c'tan ideas other than not using matalic colors  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items