Has Lanzer left us too?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:02 pm
My apologies if I've missed this, loves, but I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed that Lanzer hasn't logged into Gaia since October 2013.

Has he gone on hiatus? A three-month honeymoon? Sabbatical?

Or has he left us too?

I've noticed that staff no longer wants anything at all to do with site members, and I'm more than disappointed and a bit sad.

What other Gaia staff members are confirmed as being gone now?

Which ones have gone MIA?

Which ones are still around, but just refuse to acknowledge we're alive?

I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm very concerned about the lack of many members of the staff we all once knew and loved.
crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:40 pm
Yep, Lanzer's basically gone; I don't recall details or dates, but he might pop in every once in a blue moon. I don't know what he does when he is on, though...  

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:53 pm
I remember someone saying that whoever goes on Lanzbutt's account is more literate than him, to go by his spelling. He might have been gone for even longer than then  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:20 pm
Kitalpha Hart
I remember someone saying that whoever goes on Lanzbutt's account is more literate than him, to go by his spelling. He might have been gone for even longer than then

Yeah, I've heard that, as well. It would make sense.  

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:25 pm
It think it has been a few years since we haven't really heard much from him. I was really convinced when the Oct 16th announcement from him came out. It was so brutal and uncaring (imo) that it just did not seem like something our beloved creator would be/say. Beside, before that, we hadn't seen him much at all for anything. His account is nothing more than a figure head/ mule for the community to worship. Like the great and powerful wizard of Oz. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:29 pm
Pwnder
His account is nothing more than a figure head/ mule for the community to worship. Like the great and powerful wizard of Oz. rolleyes
nice comparison ou o  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:57 am
I gonna go with Pwnder on this one. It seem like the most logical thing. Because that really isn't something he would have ever said.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:24 am
I'm thinking that staff members don't really own their accounts any more than they own the artwork or software they produce while working for Gaia.
Gaia would own the rights to all of the above.

So whoever is talking for Lanzer could be anybody. Or...anything. Help! It's a ZOMBIE ACCOUNT!! gonk  

Great Lakes haze

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35

Princess Voltari

Cheery Treasure

15,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:35 am
Wow...I never really encountered much of the staff to begin with...so I didn't really think of it...but yeah, I guess that's all very possible... That's...just so sad though...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:03 am
Pwnder
It think it has been a few years since we haven't really heard much from him. I was really convinced when the Oct 16th announcement from him came out. It was so brutal and uncaring (imo) that it just did not seem like something our beloved creator would be/say. Beside, before that, we hadn't seen him much at all for anything. His account is nothing more than a figure head/ mule for the community to worship. Like the great and powerful wizard of Oz. rolleyes

Yeah. That was a very suspect announcement. Obviously it was one of those "faceless" staff team of this current leadership, who wants to be as anonymous as possible.
And, reallly, how can you trust people like this who like to go in hiding and blatantly refuses any kind of contact ? Why so many secrets ? neutral
Are they doing something illegal or embarrassing that we don't know ? Are they anti-social ? Are they aliens or something ?
Just stop with the secrets already. neutral

At least in the past you knew who was who in the former staff.

Now ? If you ever mention even the "figurehead" guy, your comment will mysteriously "vanish in the air" and you risk getting your a** banned for no reason. rolleyes

Besides:
They're basically self-destroying themselves along with this site due to their immature behavior. First they close AtA, now they spam the crap out of us with GC stuff and hand waves all the problems away (when it doesn't simply ignore them).
This is why you get stuff like this:
Quote:
To those that are wondering, I'll throw some information into the pot. Lanzer sold Gaia to a Chain Company well known for sucking sites dry then spitting them out for lower end companies to play with. Only 1 or the original Admins remain. This is why Gaia's been pushing sales every single day. From my understanding the last remaining Admin is being used to assist in running Gaia since they know the site better and they only need 1 person to do this job. Unless Lanzer buys Gaiaonline back, the odds of Gaiaonline's survival all depends on how deep our pockets are and the company it ends up being picked up by.

And this:
Quote:
Actually this doesn't surprise me at all, and Lanzer is no longer any part of Gaia for those that believe he still is. Lanzer sold Gaia to a chain that destroys websites, so if Gaia doesn't come back. Look for other things to do. If you're a hardcore gamer, put your skills to the test on LimitRO, like dressing up your char and killing stuff, Eden Eternal's for you. Btw for those of you that don't know, Gaiaonline has a death timer that's counting down.

It seems that all the former staff is gone but the Admin.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:23 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1060/#1060

Maintenance coming through.  
🎭Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff