Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last time we had 50!)
  +1
View Results

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:56 am
Hey guys, it's Monday again and that means it's time for Ask The Guild!
-throws confetti-
Please feel free to send any questions and concerns you have about Gaia to usertalk@gaiaonline.com. I'll be sending my e-mail after the ATG has concluded!

So, here's a re-cap of what happened last week on Gaia:

o Bundles galore! x x x x x
o Flynn showed up. Again.
o This month's RIG came out: Nouvelle Lune
o Extreme Coupon glitch

What do you think of Gaia's mass bundle release? Is it to combat inflation or simply to gain more money?

What's new in the Guild:

o We're taking a stab at the Avatar Arena again! If you're interested, please visit this thread.
o One of our members has taken it upon herself to make a video about what's happening on Gaia! If you'd like to help her out, check out this thread. It's a big task, so I'm sure anything you can offer would be appreciated--even if it's just your opinion about Gaia.
o And a little something from Pwnder R:G - Gaia's Weekly Site Traffic & Revenue Reports

How do you feel about Gaia over-all? I've noticed activity has severely decreased all over the site. Guilds, Arenas, Forums, Towns... it seems like everything has slowed down (except maybe CB). I feel most people have been overtaken by an apathetic attitude. I see more and more posts from people saying "I'm just here until the site crashes" or stating they're completely quitting Gaia.

What's your take on this?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:52 am
The bundles are kinda like the 'recolours' for me, so many coming out and making me even less interested.

... and seriously, whats a 'Noivce' sister?
There was Little sister, Big sister, Step sister and then they do, Novice sister? What does that even mean? Shouldn't they have gone the next logical step? 'Half Sister'? Since That's a real thing and I'm pretty sure Novice sister isn't rofl

Basically all I'm saying is that recolours and bundles are sort of Not that special or exciting anymore. They've... whored it out a bit too much in my oppinion, like Flynns booty.

Speaking of Flynn... emotion_donotwant

I am excited about the new CI though! Finally new items to have a look at instead of recycling re-colours and items of the past! 3nodding

SighingNight

Fluffy Cleric

13,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100

Ceeshnia

Omnipresent Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:55 am
♥♋♡
∰ ♡ Cee says ◦◔ ⩊ ◔◦ ☛

When it comes to the bundles, they were a good idea
to begin with. When they saw they could make a lot
of money off of them, however, they decided to ramp up
how many they put up.
Which has in effect cheapened the idea and is no longer
appealing.

It's sad since it was a good idea, but now it's overdone already.

I agree with the idea to stick around until this place is in
cement. Unless things change for better soon, that
is exactly what is going to happen. I don't tell people
about Gaia anymore because it's not a fun place
to be in this day and age as it's too money grubbing.

☚ ◦◕ ᴥ ◕◦ so listen ♡∰
♡猴♥

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:15 am
Ah yes, the dream bundles. I actually am for them. I think they really do battle the inflation, and gaia is not taking that much cash for these bundles even though they probably could take like 2000gc for one of the bundle items. Thanks to the bundles being fairly cheap alot of people are getting some nice items. And some people might think the bundles are bad because of re-releasing, because then their precious account worth will drop... =u=; Well, I think more people are happy that they finally can afford some nice items, whether they are buying them from the MP or la victore. The only part I don't like about them is that they are taking the place of potential new items. However, this downside isn't as great as you might think. We always want new items, but we actually already have thousands of items, so a few re-releases so that we can actually afford the items we want is good.

Ah, but I do think they are releasing too fast, at least wait a week between the bundles! o.o Let people have some time to breathe and save up for the next "sale" (I basically see these bundles as items on sale)

Also, I've recently thought about it, gaia's focus on cash affects the free parts of the site and the fun things alot more than I thought. Not only that the features that are free don't get updated and that stuff. I was talking to another gaian about the cross stitch shop. Seeing that gaia is completely lazy and have no ideas for items the cross stitch shop is perfect! Gaians would make items for free, heck some would even pixelate them themselves, all gaia would have to do is put them in the shop. But there aren't that many contests, and they are really restricted as to what is allowed. Why not allow a gaian to create a cash shop quality item? It would be a fun thing and alot of gaians would appreciate that, but gaia can't do that because then someone might not buy cash because they can just buy nice items int he gold shop... -__-;

And that's not all! Gaia seems to change the original designs of the artists who win the cross stitch contest, I don't know about others, but both me and this person I was talking to can confirm that our designs have been changed for the worse. I get the feeling that they are trying to keep down the quality of the items so people will not be satisfied with only these items. I think it's really disrespectful to do something like that. I also think gaians should be allowed to vote, so we can get the items most of us want. :I I highly suspect that the reason the cross stitch shop is like that is simply because it might increase the money gaia earns, just a little. And a little is enough for gaia it seems. =.=;

Sorry for the long rant, I really wish things would change. gonk  

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

roses of evil bloom

Devoted Genius

7,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:15 am
they abuse their ability plus the way things are now make me sick sighs.
nothing they release now is really worth interest to me confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:19 am
SighingNight

There was Little sister, Big sister, Step sister and then they do, Novice sister? What does that even mean? Shouldn't they have gone the next logical step? 'Half Sister'? Since That's a real thing and I'm pretty sure Novice sister isn't rofl

Hahaha! I couldn't agree more! xD How can you be a novice sister? Half sister or even something like middle sister or baby sister would have been better.  

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

roses of evil bloom

Devoted Genius

7,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:24 am
dark pillow
SighingNight

Hahaha! I couldn't agree more! xD How can you be a novice sister? Half sister or even something like middle sister or baby sister would have been better.

hmm i know what baby sister is i know what a middle sister i know what older sister is ... wtf is novice sister? what is it an inexperienced sister?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:39 am
I'll be at work for most of the day but I'll stop in when I can. Have a great monday and ATG everyone!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 am
I hope that Flynn's ship explodes & she dies out in space.
Seriously, every time the marketplace looks like it's going to even out finally, another Flynn's Booty is released, & the marketplace gets all screwy again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:05 am
FaithBlack
Seriously, every time the marketplace looks like it's going to even out finally, another Flynn's Booty is released, & the marketplace gets all screwy again.

This made me chuckle but I feel the same way!  

eclaire5

Shy Protagonist

eclaire5

Shy Protagonist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:09 am
I feel like Booty Grab has been made slower/harder recently. Just feels like I'm slogging through the tank & my computer is not slow. Don't know if anyone else has noticed because it's been a slower change but I have. I've always made like 60 percent of my gold there & as they push the cash crap more & more, I've noticed that I get less & less gold from Booty Grab. I've worked hard here for my gold. I know that goes against the trolls that have taken over Gaia but I'm staying because I've earned my place here. Sure don't want to see it go under!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:16 am
I would prefer bundles to only come out on holidays =n = it just seems more appropriate

They put into bundles, already pixelled items at low prices and they aren't RIGS = little effort + most return in terms of revenue.
I suppose it makes them more affordable for people who want those items in particular, so half half. It's not really lowering the inflation for the whole marketplace though.

Flynn needs to GTFO forever and ever and ever and ever or just come back from space-hunting and make items instead, that would be nice. Piracy is a dishonest career, let's not set a bad example for the young'uns now emotion_awesome

;u ; I still love the stories that come with EIs and the RIGs with their artwork and new items *^ * if they stopped with those I would just... Orz  

Luscenta

Draconian Raider

26,775 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

RockerWolfie1616

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:41 am
I'm surprised no one has spoken about the whole coupon fiasco. > > I was one of the lucky few who got 10 private messages at once offering COUPONS for discounted GC. Seriously? I already have to look at giant banners about new bundle releases and GC..gaia now sends out tons of announcements each week filled with GC junk. Getting real tired of it. Not everyone can afford the gaia cash. They should make it optional to see all the cash related things..if there was such an option I'd definitely click the 'Do not want to see'  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:44 am
dark pillow
SighingNight

A Novice Sister (From what my Google search came up with) is a newly inducted nun. However I think Gaia was taking a darkly look at sister hood with Novice Sister, seeing the blood and what not. I think I's more of an older sister who until this point in her life was a only child, thus she doesn't know how to handle a little sibling and is thus a Novice.  

Necra Eclips

Alien Warrior

16,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:30 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Hey guys, it's Monday again and that means it's time for Ask The Guild!
-throws confetti-
Please feel free to send any questions and concerns you have about Gaia to usertalk@gaiaonline.com. I'll be sending my e-mail after the ATG has concluded!

So, here's a re-cap of what happened last week on Gaia:

o Bundles galore! x x x x x
o Flynn showed up. Again.
o This month's RIG came out: Nouvelle Lune

What do you think of Gaia's mass bundle release? Is it to combat inflation or simply to gain more money?

What's new in the Guild:

o We're taking a stab at the Avatar Arena again! If you're interested, please visit this thread.
o One of our members has taken it upon herself to make a video about what's happening on Gaia! If you'd like to help her out, check out this thread. It's a big task, so I'm sure anything you can offer would be appreciated--even if it's just your opinion about Gaia.

How do you feel about Gaia over-all? I've noticed activity has severely decreased all over the site. Guilds, Arenas, Forums, Towns... it seems like everything has slowed down (except maybe CB). I feel most people have been overtaken by an apathetic attitude. I see more and more posts from people saying "I'm just here until the site crashes" or stating they're completely quitting Gaia.

What's your take on this?

And we're back to our amusing event. smile
I'll check out the AA thread.

Anyway, I'll answers by parts:

The latter, which reflects on the lack of proper updates and also this.
As usual, they see us as cash flippin' cows and act like little brats: "Give me money, pls!". scream

As for the MP, I've noticed that the prices suddenly are going down, despite the red haired b1tch and her "minions"(Santa Sack and Rosamund) coming back from the "black hole" so many times.
And it has been a long time that the site has been losing more and more users. I once read that Gaia used to have more than 20,000+ people online everyday in the "old days". eek

Due to all the mess that the site has become and people wanting nothing but picking up fights with each other in SF and GCD, people are indeed becoming "downhearted" in all aspects, and saying things along the lines of "This isn't the Gaia that wasn't used to be".
Not to mention the slowdowns, lags and the time(s) the site went offline - www.isitdownrightnow.com/gaiaonline.com.html

I seriously wish that Gaia have better days and that 2014 be the year where this MMOG rises from the ashes like the legendary Phoenix avian being. heart

FaithBlack

We all hope the same, my dear.
But it seems that Gaia wants to really give spotlight to gold generators and recolors nowadays. neutral  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff