Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:58 am
Oh the great battle of game consoles is on once again!!

Much debate at the workplace over consoles. Seeing it all over T.V. too.

Features they offer, online game play options, game titles Rawwrr!!

Which do you prefer and why?

For myself, it's always been Xbox, I never had interest in Playstation, nor do I own any games. But with all the new games coming out for it soon I'm hard pressed to ignore that price tag. I'm really looking forward to the new title from Bungie - Destiny my son wants Watch Dogs which the release date got pushed back - I would imagine so that it can be formatted for play on Xbox one, who knows.

Anyway..........

*this topic will remain here for a bit before it is moved to the Anything Goes Chat subforum*  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:13 am
Xbox one you have to be online 24/7 to play a game, Plus its impossible to rent games since you need to buy or. "enter a code" to activate it. So this year I'm a Playstation 4 boy.  

Uba_Diawara

Nimble Cleric

6,900 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:27 am
The Exiled Child
Xbox one you have to be online 24/7 to play a game, Plus its impossible to rent games since you need to buy or. "enter a code" to activate it. So this year I'm a Playstation 4 boy.

Oh, some information I had not looked up yet. I see no problem with keeping my system online constantly, but yeah, renting a game I can see how it would be an issue, especially for companies like GameFly  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:32 am
Pwnder
The Exiled Child

Oh, some information I had not looked up yet. I see no problem with keeping my system online constantly, but yeah, renting a game I can see how it would be an issue, especially for companies like GameFly

Its a shame since I usually pick up all systems. but I live in a VERY bad zone for online. I have hugesnet which is terrible.  

Uba_Diawara

Nimble Cleric

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:33 am
The Exiled Child
hugesnet

gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:37 am
Pwnder
The Exiled Child
hugesnet

gonk
Better than what I had a few months ago, Dial-up  

Uba_Diawara

Nimble Cleric

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:37 am
i will prefer my PS2 and 360 over the newest consoles. none of the games at this time interest me one bit. i have played for around 15 years and i see the same old stories repeat themselves. i won't waste money buying something i've already seen under a different name.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:39 am
What is this 'high-speed' Internet that you speak of? o.Ol|l

Personally, I'm a generation or so behind. The games dictate my choices, not the consoles

So I'm primarily Nintendo. Derp  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

A Thief Appears

Shadowy Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:43 pm
The push for the "next generation" is annoying at best.

I have every console except the older ones, as in I don't have an SNES (anymore) nor a Dreamcast. I still have my Gameboy and actually prefer playing Pokémon Gold over Black, which I do have.

I also built my own Gaming PC, which back in January, when I built it, was considered Mid to High end. It still is, as games have really yet to take advantage of the next generation of CPUs and GPUs, of which I'm thankful for. AMD is already working on massive improvements, so I'm sure we'll see some new, good, models coming out. (For all you Intel fans, silence yourselves. I refuse to drop the extra god knows how much cash just for their brand name. And I don't just game, I do a crapload of computing all at once, so AMD is best for me.)

I prefer the PS1/2 over the PS3. The new games coming out these days are not as interesting as the older ones, but it makes sense. Square Enix is pretty much dead to me. I ignore Bioware and EA, too. The main exclusive they had for the PS3, The Last of Us, is just another zombie game trying to be special, and to me that just made me dislike it. I'm done with zombies, and although Naughty Dog has a decent reputation with me as I used to play Crash, I just didn't care for it. On that note, I wanted to try Journey but it feels as if it's heavy on the Multiplayer, which is something I avoid. We also got Little Big Planet for free when Sony had their security crisis, though I haven't played it in about two years.

Microsoft has been having a lot of problems. They have shown themselves untrustworthy, and their ONE exclusive, Halo, will now be coming to Playstation. They also love grabbing rights when they can, as seen with Bethesda with Skyrim when they only released the DLC on 360 first. PC and PS3 players were forced to wait for EACH DLC.

Not only that, but they have a lot of NSA influence, which I'm sure Sony does just as well (but has not told you,) and the One received serious backlash in that regard. However, Microsoft got their s**t together last minute and fixed the issue, for the most part.

There are no interesting games, to me, that will not already come to PC. Shooter games are fun and all, but good lord do they get boring fast. I used to play competitively on L4D2, so I'm pretty much done with shooters. Dark Souls II is coming to PC, so I'm only looking forward to that. (Hopefully better than it's original DS port. I cannot tell you how messed up this poor thing is...but at least they fixed the framerate issue.)

All in all, this push for new consoles is just another lame way to confuse gamers and make cheap, breakable stuff. It's a bit of a shame that Guilty Gear Xrd is coming out for the PS4, because Sony has some serious issues with how touchy their controllers are. And of course, Blazeblue: Chrono Phantasma is coming for the PS3...Ugh, that joystick is going to murder me, guys.

But, hey! Don't look too far yet, guys. Cheap and affordable gaming is coming your way with Steam. emotion_awesome Possibly, anyway. We'll see how Valve pulls this off.

tl;dr: As a big time gamer across all consoles but mostly PC, I think Sony and Microsoft are full of themselves. Seriously, they have their heads so far up their asses that they're likely stuck. If you ignore the fact that Valve hates us and refuses to give us any insight on whether or not there actually will be an HL3, they are pushing for the home console business and, should it take off, you can save a LOT on gaming. I haven't spent more than $20 on a new game in ages.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:14 pm
I'm leaving Xbox and Sony alone from now on. I'm going Nintendo and PC.

My consoles so far are:

GameBoy
GameBoy Color
GameCube
Wii (2nd Gen)
3DS XL

Xbox 360 w/Kinect

Cellphone (active and extra)
Gateway Windows 8.1 laptop.  

Hamsterliciousness

Codebreaking Gawker

14,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:30 am
You didn't include the Wii U? cat_eek

I don't actually own any of the three, but all the consoles I have are the ones from Nintendo (although I bought a broken Playstation from a garage sale), so the Wii U was going to be the one I got next (if they come out with more Pokemon games).  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:28 am
I'm a big DS fan. I have a 3DS and my kids have older the generation DS. I'm also a pretty big fan of PC games.

If it comes to Playstation and X-Box though I prefer Playstation just because I like more of the RPG type games and such that come out on Playstation. Plus I don't like how the new X-Box wants you to leave it connected all the time. I heard that the new technology for the X-Box is kind of creepy. I think it was originally supposed to be able to sense when people were in the room or some crap but I don't remember very well. I think they removed that feature because... well... it's freakin creepy. I haven't been reading up on it much since like I said I'm more into PC games.  

Nemone

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:13 pm
Kangit
You didn't include the Wii U? cat_eek

I don't actually own any of the three, but all the consoles I have are the ones from Nintendo (although I bought a broken Playstation from a garage sale), so the Wii U was going to be the one I got next (if they come out with more Pokemon games).

But that was released last year gonk

I have a Wii and it is less commonly played in my house compared to the Xbox or the 3DS. Nintendo is falling behind quickly when it comes to game consoles. They don't offer any good forms of internet connectivity and interaction. No decent DVD or music features. The controllers constantly have to be calibrated or reconnected, which is bothersome. I really wish they would offer an alternative control other than flailing around to play. You know, like the couch potato button mash. But eh... it's still cheaper than the others. I'll still play Mario and Zelda forever heart  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:15 pm
Nemone
I'm a big DS fan. I have a 3DS and my kids have older the generation DS. I'm also a pretty big fan of PC games.

If it comes to Playstation and X-Box though I prefer Playstation just because I like more of the RPG type games and such that come out on Playstation. Plus I don't like how the new X-Box wants you to leave it connected all the time. I heard that the new technology for the X-Box is kind of creepy. I think it was originally supposed to be able to sense when people were in the room or some crap but I don't remember very well. I think they removed that feature because... well... it's freakin creepy. I haven't been reading up on it much since like I said I'm more into PC games.

I'm tempted to get a 3DS for myself to play Link Between Worlds. Don't want to borrow from the kids because then the game will get hogged and possibly my profile deleted stare I want the purple one surprised  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:07 pm
Pwnder
The Exiled Child

I do, if they're keeping the feature with the Kinect that lets other people look inside your house... whether you're home or not... since you're not allowed to disconnect... even if there's a thunderstorm that puts your electricity out and just red-rings you.  
🎭Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff