Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Flying Lessons Fall Term 2013 lesson 1 due december 11th Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HPGOGMadameHooch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:49 pm
User Image

Welcome to flying class where you will learn to fly and learn the basics of quiditch rules my name is madam hooch  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:48 pm
RULES

1. Follow all of gaia TOS
  2. Follow all guild rules
  3. Please post in house colors!
  4. Hufflepuffs please post in either orange or bold black yellow hurts my eyes thank you
  5. Homework will be worth 5pts each classwork will be worth 10points each
  6. All home work will be sent to either Aunt Slappy or techpriest35
  7. Please label all homework as flying classhomework in the subject of the pm
  8. Have fun
  9. Don't steal others answers
  10. Don't fly off on your broom without permission we don't want students getting hurt
  11. Rules are subject to change if necessary

HPGOGMadameHooch

HPGOGMadameHooch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:50 pm
Current lesson
Flying basics lesson 1: basics of flying
The first thing a witch or wizard does when they want to fly is stand next to your broom, hold your hand out above the broom at waist height then summon the magical energies inside you and command the broom with a strong pull of determination and say with force "UP!" If done correctly it should rise up into your hand. Some brooms seem to have a personality of their own if you are a talented or skilled flyer the broom will obey with little effort if you are not strong willed enough the broom may not want to turn or dive or might just toss you off and fly a short distance, usually no more than 5 miles.
After taking hold of your broom you then mount your broom with the stick in front of you and the twigs behind you. The broom should have about 2 feet of wood or metal behind you. When the time comes crouch down and push off, the broom should go up into the air. Remember the harder you push off the higher up you will go and you will go faster on your vertical climb.
Now stay perfectly balanced and you will hover but if you shift your weight to the left or right you will start to turn the direction you leaned. To go higher pull up on the broom stick while leaning back as if you were resting in a comfy chair by the fire. To go lower you must lean forward and press down on the broom stick. To go faster you must make yourself as aerodynamic as possible most brooms can only go so fast there are several different kinds of brooms all with differing qualities. Now the school uses the cleansweep series which is older and easier to control broom for beginners.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:51 pm
Homework/classwork
This class will have very little home work and lots of classwork as its easier to learn to fly by doing rather reading.
Lesson one classwork
OK students line up
There are several brooms one for each of you
For this class we will only get to hovering
Every one stand next to your broom place your hand over your broom and say "up!"
(roll a 20 sided dice then refer to this table)
1-5 nothing happens
6-8 broom raises up smacking you in the face or some other body part small bruise appears
9-10broom raise up too high you cant mount
11-13broom is at a little below average and is shaky you may squat and mount
14-16 broom raises up to average level very slowly you may mount
17-18broom raises at a comfortable speed to the proper height you may mount
19-20 you were born to fly the broom seems eager to have you as a rider

After you have mounted gently push off the ground hover 10 feet off the ground then slowly return to the ground
To hover roll a 100 sided dice
Then check your result here
1-10 you push off but you are not balanced and fall off your broom the broom flies into the air crashing onto you leaving a small bruise
11-20 you fall off the broom but are uninjured
21-30you manage to fly 20feet up and come down a little fast
31-40 you go up 10 feet and come back down as your supposed to
41-50 you fly to the left and don't rise above the ground
51-60 you fly to the right and don't rise
61-70you fly to the right and raise 30 feet
71-80 you fly to the left and raise 30 feet
81-90 you fly upward in spiraling circles and then fall off your broom from 50 feet and land in a bush you have cuts and bruises and are kind of sore
91-100 you manage to fly straight up and don't hurt your self but it was not quite perfect

HPGOGMadameHooch

HPGOGMadameHooch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:37 pm
Final
This will be a fun surprise

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:39 pm
Post this in class to sign up
Usernsme
Rp name
House
Year
How much flight experience you have and the coolest flying manuever you have seen and a little about what you think you know and what you would like to learn

HPGOGMadameHooch

HPGOGMadameHooch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:59 pm
ENROLLED STUDENTS These are the students currently enrolled in this class 
Gryffendors 

Ravenclaws 
Appostleofthewinds
Slytherins
Mothette x 
Chiru-pon 
monkey2979
 Hufflepuffs  
Nikkiquin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:50 pm
STUENTS POINTS
this is where i will post the points for each student and the grade of each student

Gryffendor

Ravenclaw
Appostleofthewinds13=10pts
Hufflepuff

Slytherin
Monkey2979=20pts
Chiru-pon=15pts
Mothette x=15pts

HPGOGMadameHooch

HPGOGMadameHooch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:52 pm
FUTURE POINTS
These are house points that need to be added to the hour glass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:26 pm
Username: ApostleOfTheWind13
Rp name: Hailey Redgrave
House: Ravenclaw
Year: Second
How much flight experience you have and the coolest flying maneuver you have seen and a little about what you think you know and what you would like to learn: I have no flying experience and the coolest maneuver I have seen would probably have to be the Hawkshead Attacking Formation. The only thing I really know about flying would be how to accelerate and decelerate in mid-air.

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:05 pm
Usernsme Mothette x
Rp name Crystal Quills
House Slytherin
Year 3rd Year
How much flight experience you have and the coolest flying manuever you have seen and a little about what you think you know and what you would like to learn Quite a bit, starting as a child; n/a; only what is intuitive; quidditch!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:35 pm
Username Chiru-pon
RP name Chi Riverhowl (lol just made this up based on my Pottermore name cause I usually don't RP.. xD)
House Slytherin
Year 1st
How much flight experience you have and the coolest flying manuever you have seen and a little about what you think you know and what you would like to learn I have no experience, but am willing to learn. The coolest maneuver would be the Starfish and Stick..seems rather dangerous. I would like to learn the basics of flying. I'm not very athletic, so even just the basics are good enough for me.

Chiru-pon

Chiru-pon

Tricky Bunny

14,965 Points
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100

monkey2979

8,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Username: monkey2979
RP name: Elise
House: Slytherin
Year: 1st
How much flight experience you have and the coolest flying manuever you have seen and a little about what you think you know and what you would like to learn I have no experience and the coolest maneuver, I think, is the Sloth Grip Roll.

SharpProcess rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:12 pm
"UP!"

Nothing happens. Crystal mumbles something about the worst part of flying being broom insubordination.

SharpProcess

ApostleOfTheWind13 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:54 am
Hailey steps up to her broom and says, "UP!"

The broom shakily raises up to about her thigh so she reaches down and grabs the handle and mounts.

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff