Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:51 pm
You don't have to reply.
I just need to get this out. rolleyes

I work in a preschool--ages 2-5. A mom comes in today and sits next to her child at lunch.

The fruit bowl is sitting right in front of Bailey. She starts to get a large spoonful. It was her second spoonful. I notice and take hold of her arm. "You didn't ask." I say.
The mom didn't like that. burning_eyes
Bailey is trying to force against me and spills it on her lap. She starts to cry. Mom's mad now.
I say under my breath, "Oh, Bailey, stop being such a baby..."
"Excuse you??"
"Oh, I'm sorry. That was rude."
Bailey stops crying in 30 seconds. We go on with the meal.
like a minute later, Bailey says, "My mom doesn't like you."
I ask why and the mom answers "I don't like you touching my child like that." She walks to the kitchen where the rest of the staff are(who are not eating the lunch).

burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

When she sat back down, Bailey had her foot up on the chair that was her mom's. I went along with the "no touching" crap and said "Bailey, where do our feet belong?" Her mom comes up and says "Get your feet off the chair." in a mean way and swipes her feet off the chair and sits to glare at me.

Now, Bailey is 4. So she's past infancy, so yes, technically I was wrong. I was expecting a 4 year old to be adult.
Plus I realize it was rude to say that in front of a mother.
I realized it, admitted I was rude and apologized.

I have brain damage and thinking before I speak is beyond my capabilities. All the staff know this.

I was not hurting her. She cried because she spilled fruit on herself, not from pain, you nasty asswipe of a mother.
I was quick, that was all.

She could have been a good person and said, "oh, that's ok." I bet you speak before you think too lady!! She could have been understanding!! Granted she doesn't know about the damage, but she did afterwards.
She told on me evil and the teacher told her that I'm just this way.

Look, Dawn. Bailey is a strong willed child. I know her personality, because I am the exact same way. I know how to deal with her s**t. I am dramatic and overly emotional, just like her. I wouldn't doubt that I did some of the same things she's doing now when I was her age.
You are a bad parent. If you want Bailey to grow up a strong and good person, you should treat her like I am, damnit!
Bailey is a good girl. She just doesn't know how to limit herself. I know how frustrating that is. and you should too. but you can't let her energy and willpower go full swing. you have to LIMIT her.
Let her cry and beg. Let her see she won't get anything without asking nicely, god damnit! That's the only way she'll learn. burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate bad parents!! god they don't know anything!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 pm
Somehow this thread's title caught my eye..

Anyways, I'd say that the mother misinterpretted the cause of Bailey's cry. It seems more like Bailey was crying due to the spilled bowl...

From what you said, it doesn't sound like you touched her in any offensive or harmful way...

How the mother moved the child from the chair seemed worse.

Her actions make her seem a bit hypocritic.

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:51 pm
r a i n i i_d a i s
Somehow this thread's title caught my eye..

Anyways, I'd say that the mother misinterpretted the cause of Bailey's cry. It seems more like Bailey was crying due to the spilled bowl...

From what you said, it doesn't sound like you touched her in any offensive or harmful way...

How the mother moved the child from the chair seemed worse.

Her actions make her seem a bit hypocritic.

Sorry.
My cat crawled all over the keyboard and did something funky.
But it's fixed now.

That has been bothering me all day. I just needed to rant.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:45 pm
I could rant for days about one of my former friends parenting. Ugh I defriended her from everything, real life included because of it. I know the feel gonk  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:13 pm
madelynheston
I could rant for days about one of my former friends parenting. Ugh I defriended her from everything, real life included because of it. I know the feel gonk

I recently learned that as an infant, Bailey was blue from her mother.
Bailey is not a trouble maker. She's just doing and talking like how she was taught.
She's not bad.
I don't know the story but apparently, when she was an infant she was going to be taken away.
I'm so sad for her. I give her hugs and even kiss her and say I love you Bailey.
I don't know what else I can do.
Nina(head teacher) does house calls. She goes to the house and checks if it's child appropriate.
There's nothing I can do but sympathize.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:07 am
Green_crayon42
madelynheston

I recently learned that as an infant, Bailey was blue from her mother.
Bailey is not a trouble maker. She's just doing and talking like how she was taught.
She's not bad.
I don't know the story but apparently, when she was an infant she was going to be taken away.
I'm so sad for her. I give her hugs and even kiss her and say I love you Bailey.
I don't know what else I can do.
Nina(head teacher) does house calls. She goes to the house and checks if it's child appropriate.
There's nothing I can do but sympathize.
Thats so sad :c  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers