Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zolbat

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:47 pm
Anyone seen this yet?

Lanzer seems to be trying to soften the blow.

I'm not feeling it.
Sorry, but it feels like more of the same.

"We try our best to move forward and I know we cannot do every single thing that makes everyone happy. And for the reasons stated previously, there will be more features and items to drive funding support for our site, and it’s something we have to do. What I do promise is that we will continue to address the core concern for many of you who wish to be rewarded for participating in the Gaia community. From different ways to earn items, to other types of rewards and prizes, we will continue to make more features that will levitate the concerns over the economy, marketplace, and rarity of items. It's going to involve many events and updates for us to balance things out, but we've never stop thinking about how to address your concerns, and we're always listening."

tch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:49 pm
...I

Tool.
Tool. Tool. Tool.

I'm sorry, but ban my account if you so wish. That is a Grade-A Tool right there.

But first let me save my data on my guilds, Gaia. That is all I ask.
Good gods.  

A Thief Appears

Shadowy Bookworm

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:49 pm
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
Anyone seen this yet?

I'm not feeling it.

"We try our best to move forward and I know we cannot do every single thing that makes everyone happy. And for the reasons stated previously, there will be more features and items to drive funding support for our site, and it’s something we have to do. What I do promise is that we will continue to address the core concern for many of you who wish to be rewarded for participating in the Gaia community. From different ways to earn items, to other types of rewards and prizes, we will continue to make more features that will levitate the concerns over the economy, marketplace, and rarity of items. It's going to involve many events and updates for us to balance things out, but we've never stop thinking about how to address your concerns, and we're always listening."

tch.

I'm at the point of wondering if it's even Lanzer on that account anymore.
What a sham.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 pm
I got excited when I saw the announcement.
But then I knew it was going to be the same .-.

I mean, who knows. We don't know what they have in store for us, maybe it will be good. But to me, it sounds like it probably won't ._.  

Jar of Sin

Shy Contributor

iChibuKitty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 pm
I just read it...ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:53 pm
I don't even think they are making excuses. Its to the point where they are essentially saying "We know some of you don't like it. But people are still paying, so sorry, but we are going to keep doing what we are doing. We might be listening but that doesn't really mean we care."

That's all I see from them now.
That...hurts.
That actually hurts.

zolbat

Lunatic

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:56 pm
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
Anyone seen this yet?

I'm not feeling it.

tch.

I never thought that several nails in the coffin would be delivered in one day
gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:58 pm
Going to move this here, since two threads for the topic seems redundant...

Lanzer is trying to drive home the same thing the last update said, but without using phrases like "our investors" and "our bottom line" that make us sound like commodities. Instead, the message tries to appeal to our sense of gratitude for what they do offer us for "free" (read: ad supported)

You know what else is entirely free? Requires artists, servers, full time staff, and costs A WHOLE LOT LESS? And DOESN'T CONTAIN ADS?

Dungeons and Dragons Online
Lord of the Rings Online
Star Wars: The Old Republic

Those are just the first things that come to mind. They are full games that operate with 3D graphics and massively multiplayer environments, and have never, in my experience, asked for $50+ on one entirely cosmetic virtual item... for $15 you can typically get a HUGE SET of additional content. When they DO ask for $50, it's for collectors edition content, and those are MASSIVE!

The real point is still being missed... we understand that cash is needed to run any site, particularly a free to play social site, but we need to see the panhandling be less frequent and more reasonable!  

Alias Facade

Dapper Dabbler

15,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Mark Twain 100

A Thief Appears

Shadowy Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:00 pm
Alias Facade

Lanzer is trying to drive home the same thing the last update said, but without using phrases like "our investors" and "our bottom line" that make us sound like commodities. Instead, the message tries to appeal to our sense of gratitude for what they do offer us for "free" (read: ad supported)

You know what else is entirely free? Requires artists, servers, full time staff, and costs A WHOLE LOT LESS? And DOESN'T CONTAIN ADS?

Lord of the Rings Online

Those are just the first things that come to mind. They are full games that operate with 3D graphics and massively multiplayer environments, and have never, in my experience, asked for $50+ on one entirely cosmetic virtual item... for $15 you can typically get a HUGE SET of additional content. When they DO ask for $50, it's for collectors edition content, and those are MASSIVE!

The real point is still being missed... we understand that cash is needed to run any site, particularly a free to play social site, but we need to see the panhandling be less frequent and more reasonable!

s**t, you get a better deal with Blizzard than with Gaia!
And god dammit I need to shut up right now before I lose my guild data.

Give me a little bit, guys. I need to secure some stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:03 pm
Alias Facade
.....t we need to see the panhandling be less frequent and more reasonable!

Sadly, I don't think we're going to see that anytime soon ever again.  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

zolbat

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:04 pm
Alias Facade

Lord of the Rings Online

Sorry about that, we seem to have noticed his post at the same time.

They say our money is paying for things, but what exactly?
I still don't see anything but them asking for more of my money.
Maybe I need to dig through announcements or SOMETHING to find proof of the stuff they say they've been doing, idk.
But I don't want to keep paying for a... useless broken product.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:06 pm
✄ Wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords.
    Wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords.

"Put simply, we are a business and our job is to ensure that Gaia as a company is healthy that continues to grow."

I misread this sentence. I saw what I wanted to see. I read community instead of company. The only reason I caught my mis-read was because I had to go back and re-read the sentence because of the grammatical error.

Lost Retort

Cluttered Shapeshifter

16,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100

zolbat

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:11 pm
...This is going to sound really pathetic, but I just...
This is so infuriating and upsetting.
Gaia means, or meant I guess, so much to me, and today its like they are telling me and others that have been here all these years that they'[ve been taking advantage of our support.

...I am sorry, but how ******** dare you take advantage of people like that.
People trusted you and this is their reward? This unrecognizable wreckage?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:18 pm
I've played Everquest, just as long as I have been on Gaia.

I've never had an issue with their item sales, they only proved to make my game play better. Regardless of the lack of features comparative of WOW, I don't complain much because they are NOT forcing me to buy or play.

Whatever... Everquest is a b***h.... but Gaia........F%%&* Whore!!  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Lily_Divihn

Beloved Noob

20,190 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:18 pm
i think its quite pathetic that they try to dodge the situation like they always have. I mean with the tickets and everything come on! I've been on here since '06 and all this has become is a greedy money machine i love this website to death. I met so many wonderful people on this website and how it was runned before the gaia cash came in. Sure it was a little dull and i thought it was great they came out with the cash, but the way they run the gshop is WAY PASS THE BORDERLINE. Admins and everyone think $100 for some pixel wings? I'm disgusted and so far disappointed as a long time user.  
📌Important Information & References

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff