Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinzuko

Gaian

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:13 pm
What do you listen to? Most people listen to what they think goths should listen to and its usually stereotyped as dark and morbid(love that word) But this is'nt right. So what do you listen to and whats your opinion on this subject?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:21 pm
I'm going to move this to the music subforum

Dearest Darling`

Mttin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:22 pm
Sinzuko
What do you listen to? Most people listen to what they think goths should listen to and its usually stereotyped as dark and morbid(love that word) But this is'nt right. So what do you listen to and whats your opinion on this subject?

Listening to Rammstein at the moment.

Personally like Death From Above, The Vertical Struts, The Libertines, The Weakerthans, French Kicks, Tegan and Sara, Metric, Big Wreck, The GooGooDolls, Sarah Slean, Sarah Mclaughlin,Old Time Religion, Trail of the Dead, The Clash, The Future Heads, Cuff the Duke, The Streets, BA, Immacualate Machine, Evansecence, ... this list is getting long. I like alot.

Stereotyped - yes.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:06 pm
I'm not really a goth music fan, I like the modern emo music and screamo. But, I have a friend who is convinced MCR in goth. O.o;;;;

And, for MCR fans, he says the song "The Ghost of You" is blues.

And that H.I.M is punk rock.

This is what I deal with everyday. gonk  

Little Miss Lunacy

Mrs. Pink Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:22 pm
I listen to goth-rock, deathrock, post-punk, and punk. Because you know, I'm goth like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:12 pm
The Sisters of Mercy, The Mission U.K., Souxsie and the Banshees, The Creatures, The Cure, The Bauhaus, Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Dead Can Dance, David Bowie, The Rasmus, Enya, Type O Negative, Morrissey, The Smiths, A Fire Inside, Peter Murphy, Depeche Mode, She Wants Revenge, Dresden Dolls, Stellastarr*, Marilyn Manson, Brian Eno, Android Lust, Audra, Autumn's Grey Solace, Dark Sanctuary, Arcana, My Bloody Valentine, Mira, Soulwhirlingsomewhere, Loveliescrushing, Votaire, Fear Falls Burning, Attrition, Lycia, Bleak, Mors Syphilitica, ect.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=2390273
This thread has most of my music on it  

Sulhir

Rykukai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:33 pm
The Cure, Enigma, Evanesense, Anthrax, Metric, Miyavi, Gackt, Our Lady Peace, Psycho le Cemu, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slipknot.

A lot up there; Goth Rock, New age, rock, JRock, Metal, and a bit of punk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:23 am
I listen to a bit of everything witha few exeptions.
Some goth bands I listen to are Siouxie and the Banshees, Bauhaus and the Cure.

Dearest Darling`

Danthalas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:52 pm
[ .Deadly_Doll. ]

Tsk... cant believe you left out Depech Mode... Just kidding, though i do enjoy/love those bands, i guess the list of them just isnt complete without Depech Mode to me, heh.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:56 pm
I love the song precious by depeche mode! so awesome. Heard it on CSI.
Um...I listen to , LoLa Ray, Panic! at the disco, interpol, placebo, um...s**t like that.  

Southern Belles

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm
Danthalas
[ .Deadly_Doll. ]

Tsk... cant believe you left out Depech Mode... Just kidding, though i do enjoy/love those bands, i guess the list of them just isnt complete without Depech Mode to me, heh.

XD
I like them too, it just slipped from my mind.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:25 pm
well...... i listen to MCR alot also good charlotte and blink 182 and i dont care if you dont think their goth tom duelong rocks we have so much in common both of our names are tom and he was born on dec. 13 like me not sure if he was born on friday the thirteenth but i was  

glasssamurai

alice from weirdland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:18 pm
My fav bands are:
-Siouxsie and the Banshees
-The Doors
-Led Zeppelin
-Black Sabbath
-The Sex Pistols
-Specimen
-Bauhaus
-David Bowie
-The Creatures
-The Cure
-Sisters of Mercy
-New York Dolls
-T Rex
-Depeche Mode
-New Order
-The Damned
-The Ramones
-The Clash
-The Misfits
-Plasmatics
-Echo and the Bunnymen
-Adam Ant
-Roxy Music
-Blondie
-Public Image Ltd
-The Cult
-Guns N Roses
As you can see, a lot of my music isn't strictly goth and is a lot of different genres, but most of them are off shoots of punk  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:53 am
I listen to a very wide range of stuff. My favorite singers/bands are Bella Morte, Voltaire, APC, Sarah Brightman, Weezer, and a bunch of other, totally different stuff. I just listen to what I like. smile  

ringwraith10

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:55 am
[ automatic girl ]
I love the song precious by depeche mode! so awesome. Heard it on CSI.
Um...I listen to , LoLa Ray, Panic! at the disco, interpol, placebo, um...s**t like that.
I like Panic! at the Disco only because they have great titles for their songs... and a great name to begin with. And... because of a joke between my friend and me.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff