Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
What items would you like to wear to show support? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like this idea?
  Yes
  No
  I think a different idea would be more effective.
View Results

GC Revolt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:45 pm
Another one of our ideas was to wear a certain item or items that show we are all united in the same cause.
Some previous ideas were the "Save Our Shops" picket sign or any teacup item (as per the Boston Tea Party).

Someone brought up a good point in a PM, though.
-l S 0 U L l-
As for items....I was thinking more of a T-shirt. As for the price part. They were complaining about gold sinks. What better way? They would listen to us more of we could find ways to make gold sinks. Even if its a small amount.

What are your ideas?

**Pegasaurus Rex has 64 SoS signs, so if you're having trouble finding one please let her know. Thanks, Rex!
**Madame Xiva has 30 SoS signs! Feel free to contact either one of these generous ladies if you need a sign.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:48 pm
Hm....*thinks*
I spent a few months a couple years back wearing nothing but gold shop, free grant and event items, all the way down to my hair, "makeup" and eyes. It's tricky to do without becoming bored though. *thinks*

I always thought we had enough gold sinks, but Gaia doesn't make them attractive enough to use when you pit them up against all the Cash Shop items. Like if we add another shop, all we wind up with is another shop gaia doesn't update, full of items that are either too cheap or too expensive + hard to use, to have much of any effect on any inflation/high prices that users are worried about and sick of (to a point).  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Xiled Realms

Ice-Cold Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:32 pm
That is why I didn't agree with new shops.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:57 pm
Peasant Clothing has always been my option for protest like things. I did it in the past for events, so it might work for this.
I say peasant clothing because that is how I feel the new CEO treats the non-CV members now. The teacup and S.O.S would work with it.  

I killed the bucket

Xiled Realms

Ice-Cold Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 pm
In full honesty, we need a banner, and a redirect link.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:00 pm
I'm sure a banner is being worked on.
If we could submit banners, that'd be cool too.
Size and design would need to be discussed, no?

As for items/clothing, its gotta be something that is Gaia centric, and easily accessible to people of the guild.

Would it need to be the same teacup for everyone? I know of several cup like items, so this is a small concern.
Peasent items or old original items would work as well. Event items like the SOS signs are also good. I'll look around and see if there are other appropriate items if you guys would like.
Would there be a point in time to wear these items, or would we be wearing them all the time?

zolbat

Lunatic

GC Revolt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:35 pm
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
I'm sure a banner is being worked on.
If we could submit banners, that'd be cool too.
Size and design would need to be discussed, no?

As for items/clothing, its gotta be something that is Gaia centric, and easily accessible to people of the guild.

Would it need to be the same teacup for everyone? I know of several cup like items, so this is a small concern.
Peasent items or old original items would work as well. Event items like the SOS signs are also good. I'll look around and see if there are other appropriate items if you guys would like.
Would there be a point in time to wear these items, or would we be wearing them all the time?

-l S 0 U L l-
In full honesty, we need a banner, and a redirect link.

Unfortunately, I have neither the time nor the resources to make a banner. I am completely open to suggestions. There are a few users who have said they might make something, and I think it's good to have a few to choose from, don't you?

I think it's too much to ask to wear the items ALL the time, unless it's something not very intrusive--like the teacup (I was thinking the cups from Buttercup Cafe).  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:32 pm
Mm, I will see about making one, but my time fore such things is a little short as well.
Any particular size they need to be? It would be good to have something small, but beyond that, designs are also a factor.

Let me know if I should set a thread for banner input.

I wouldn't mind having an item on all the time, but that requires something small, and as you said non intrusive.

zolbat

Lunatic

GC Revolt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:41 pm
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
Mm, I will see about making one, but my time fore such things is a little short as well.
Any particular size they need to be? It would be good to have something small, but beyond that, designs are also a factor.

Let me know if I should set a thread for banner input.

I wouldn't mind having an item on all the time, but that requires something small, and as you said non intrusive.

That would be a big help, and a very generous offer. Once we get a banner, I think we'll become known a lot quicker. I have mentioned to a few members that the PMs I sent out to all of you got me in a bit of trouble. Apparently it's considered spam by the Admins. I'm not sure how, but I didn't argue--getting on their bad side is the last thing we need.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:10 pm
Wearing something tea related would probably be a good start. This could resemble the Boston Tea Party. With Gaia's proposed tax increase in the marketplace to cover for inflation caused by their Gaia Cash pushes, it would flow well.  

Impulsive Button Pusher

Wealthy Genius

11,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500

Seltzer Cole

Tipsy Citizen

10,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:03 pm
Maybe the wingding with the letter "R". I am also down for peasant clothing though.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 pm
Threw this together quickly before bed.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Provides the peasant clothing as a touch for the fact many cannot get gaia cash nor want to. We are fine with gold. That is where the sash and star implement it.
The teacup/S.O.S sign is there, and either can be optional.
The flower I added in for the simple fact this is a peaceful thing.
This would be for standard users.

Now, others in the guild who wish to speak up in the ATA/have their voice heard outside the guild:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The buckle itself is important. Moneybag item included with a broke heart or a disapproval mark.

-------------

It would be awesome to have someone dress up like Johnny Gambino. (I know I got the spelling wrong, but I'm off to bed)  

I killed the bucket

TheRoseLife

Clever Aggressor

17,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:46 pm
I do like the Peasant Clothing idea. but in the avis you made above are a bit pricey for those who don't really smob and such. In matter of cost I'd say kept it to 7k at the very most. Maybe just wear the peasant top/shoe and let the user add a few other items if they wish. Or give a theme, for example a few weeks ago my clan had a "white and black" met. It turned out quite well where everyone was just wearing the same colours. Or even a ninja suit or something.
User Image

Like this (I tried to recreate the ninja suit)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. All pretty simple clothing for about 1k. As seen in my pic, with this outfit people are free to use different hair styles and faces or weapons. All the same, but different.
PS- Soul, I love your avi.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:05 am
Maybe clear out all the gold shops of everything they have and replace with new stuff.
Having a warning period beforehand will get people to buy as much as they can before it disappears.  

Dwindling

Romantic Man-Lover

12,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:49 am
Dwindling
Maybe clear out all the gold shops of everything they have and replace with new stuff.
Having a warning period beforehand will get people to buy as much as they can before it disappears.

Is this an idea as to what the site should do?  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff