Reply 07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]
What are your thoughts about marriage? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:13 am
I know some people that think marriage is ''stupid'' and just a ''big waste of money'' and that ''anyways, it ends up with a divorce''...

I heard this from guys....
My friend's boyfriend don't want to get married, my friend said she doesn't mind...

I believe I want to get married. I want to celebrate the union of two people that love each other and want to build a life together... Weddings are expensive, but I'll just make one in my budget...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:32 am
      gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright
        I want to get married one day and, like yourself, weddings can be ridiculously expensive but I'll just budget.

I like the idea of marriage, not everyone does and that's fine.

I don't think it's a waste of time. It's a celebration, a day to always remember.

Ahh... I'm heart feels all fluffy now! redface

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Malice Melantha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:06 am
It scares me a little since my parents never married and things are really bad right now.. But I really want to get married. I want to buy a wedding dress, cut a cake, wear a ring and be happy with someone ><  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:37 am
i really really really want to get married. i love the thought of being bound to someone: mentally, physically, and legally-- even though that sounds weird. marriage is like the pinnacle of commitment to me.

i want to be the happy, blushing bride walking down the aisle, my father on my right side, mother on my left, so they can hand me off to my husband at the altar, who look ravishing in his tuxedo as he smiles at me. i want the works of a traditional wedding. i want the ring, the veil, the bouquet of flowers, everything.

ehh, a budget's nice and all, but to gain some leeway to more expenditures, i have resolved to have my wedding in the Philippines where it'll cost less than having it in America. plus most of my family is there.  

hoenest

Darling

Kitty of Music

Lucky Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:31 am
XXXXXX"Curiouser and curiouser."
User Image

XUser ImageI would like to get married.
Marriage is not stupid it actually sometimes is important to people because they know they have found their perfect match who is willing to spend time with them and etc.

It isn't really a waste of money because you can make it cheap and memorable if you want.
If I got married I would have my family help me make it happen.

User Image
XXXXXXXXXX"Yay! Tea Time."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:06 am
I think what you're really talking about is weddings. Marriage is what happens after the party is over and you have to live with that person day in and day out.

My living situation is a lot like being married, with a elderly (grand)parent thrown into the mix. You really get to know someone when you live with them, and there's always surprises. Then again, we haven't lived together that long... some days I think the most mentally stable person in the apartment is the cat - or at least the most consistent in his insanity. cat_rofl

I just wish we could get married, you know? It would make a lot of things so much simpler for us...

That being said, I hate those big, over-the-top weddings. It's like some sort of competition, see who wastes the most money on a party to make yourself look better than other brides. Seriously?

The prettiest wedding I've ever been to was
three years ago, when a friend of the family married his sweetheart that he'd dated since middle school. (Wow.) It was small, on a shoestring budget, and the bride and groom asked than instead of gifts people make a contribution toward a down payment on a home they wanted to buy. They had just family and close friends over, and did everything in the backyard of her parents' house, with a BBQ dinner. OMG their blueberry-bourbon BBQ sauce, is to die/kill for... I'm still trying to get that recipe!

The horridest wedding I've ever been to was
a few months after that. One of my mother's goddaughters. Big dress, a dozen bridesmaids (on a positive note, their dresses were great), flowers out the wazoo, reception at a huge hall with music that was WAY too loud, too much booze flowing too freely, and the food was both expensive and mediocre. Everybody and her sister serves poached farm-raised salmon at their wedding, and it was pretty tasteless, to boot.

I would want my wedding to be more like the first one... except at someone else's location, so I don't have to do any cleanup work whatsoever. cat_xd  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Jessie0611

Tipsy Lover

15,400 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Over Easy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:54 am
I don't think it's stupid really but I do believe it is overrated and a bit unnecessary, it's just not really my thing.. yet anyway.
Me and my boyfriend have only been together for like a year.., too soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:28 am
I believe the part that most people believe is a big waste of money is the wedding. Some people like to go all out on those things as it's a "once in a lifetime" thing for some folks, so they pour all this money into it to make it a huge party. I myself wouldn't want that, but I don't look down on the people who do. It's their wedding, their party, they do what they want and it's okay with me.

Personally I'd love a small party, I want to get a dress, have some flowers, food and a cake. The flowers, food and cake are all things for my party goers to have there, something we can all crowd around and enjoy while talking to each other after the actual ceremony. The dress is just something nice I'd like to have to remember the wedding other than the ring. The ring is significant of course, but I've always loved wedding dresses and they're important to me, so having one would just be wonderful. I love fabrics/clothing, feeling them and remembering why I got them, where I wore them to and who I was with when I wore them. I suppose that sounds a bit weird, but it's just something I do. sweatdrop

I want to get married to my boyfriend. We'll be four years in October and have actually recently called each other husband and wife to our friends. My boyfriend introduces me as his wife and I do the same for him, as we have every intention of getting married. It's just not the right time financially and he wants to be able to get me a ring first. I don't think marriage/weddings are stupid, but you can't help it if someone does, is how I see it. As long as you don't let people change how you feel, it's all good.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:06 pm
XxAriaxX
I know some people that think marriage is ''stupid'' and just a ''big waste of money'' and that ''anyways, it ends up with a divorce''...

I heard this from guys....
My friend's boyfriend don't want to get married, my friend said she doesn't mind...

I believe I want to get married. I want to celebrate the union of two people that love each other and want to build a life together... Weddings are expensive, but I'll just make one in my budget...

I can understand why people do not want to get married. In today's society, marriage does not look stable and it's too expensive, or so people think. Actually, marriage is really cheap if you just do the courthouse method, but many like the big ole traditional weddings. I am not gonna lie, I want a nice wedding one day. I am not afraid to become legally bonded to the one I love. It's what I believe is the natural way of life.

I have two friends who are engaged and they are both so excited and happy to be getting married. I will be a bridesmaid for both weddings and I am excited for that opportunity. I believe anyone can have a beautiful wedding for a decent price.

I find how many people talk about marriage really sad and it's the image of marriage we see on tv or in magazines that make us afraid. Just because you get married does not mean you will get divorced. Having a mindset like that does not even seem healthy for a relationship in general! If you truly love the person you are with, you should not be afraid of a commitment like that.

To be honest, most married couples who get divorced have refused to work things out. My parents were married for 21 years before my dad came home with divorce papers. My mom suggested marriage counseling, but my dad refused. If two married people find themselves arguing, then maybe they should try to save their marriage first. They need to remember why they married in the first place and perhaps they can save their relationship. In some cases, that will not work, like in abusive situations.

For the most part, people these days are selfish and marriage is not a one way street. You cannot be selfish to make marriage last. Marriages will work if both people work together.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:20 pm
I don't really want a wedding. I wouldn't mind getting married, though, if I met the right person. Not one of my "life goals" though.  

Illegitimate Princess

Intellectual Lunatic

KawaiiBrielle

Romantic Darling

14,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:50 pm
every girl had this wonderful dream wedding yet some of other are afraid of commitment.

Well i also wanted to get a simple wedding and simple celebration with closes family and friends who had been part of our life yeah someday....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:05 pm
I would like to get married someday but I'm quite ambitious so I think it would take a while before I decide that I'm ready.  

Claddily

Conservative Noob

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:05 am

My partner and I are starting to talk about weddings. We don't want anything big, my aunty wants us to have it in her backyard (checking it out at Christmas~). I don't plan on using real flowers (fabric bouquets are much more sentimental), making the decorations myself and we'll probably just have a BBQ, homemade dessert table and ask our guests to contribute to the liquor table instead of gifts. Oh, god, my family sounds like a bunch of alcoholics... emotion_facepalm
Our honeymoon will be huge though. Matt's always had his heart set on Tahiti~

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:00 am
I think marriage is a big way of saying "she/he is mine now!"

The only reason I would want to marry is to make the wedding all lovely. emotion_kirakira
Otherwise, it's not for me.

I mean, if you're happy together, then just be happy together. You don't need a big show of it.
Plus...there would be no problems if you break up ever. Just take what's yours and leave.
If there's children, then...let them decide, if they are old enough.
Just take life as it comes.

I feel that marriage is just...expectations of the other.
What if those expectations are not met for whatever reason?? You're still married and now married life sucks.  

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

Le Honey

Tipsy Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:02 pm
I would like to get married one day....
Just the thought of being with that person makes me happy.
Of course marriage is not always happy. It has ups and downs but people need to know how to forgive when something goes wrong and not get a divorce as fast as that problem occurs.

07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff