Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Muggle Postal Service Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:07 pm
User Image
*clears throat*
Hello students and staff and house elves it seems several of the staff have been missing for several months but through my magical genious i discovered they had taken to living with muggles and have been avoiding magic in all its forms.
I did however, managed to convince most of them to return to the school but they only agreed to return if all of Hogwarts were to use the muggle post office. eek I cant see why we need this post office when owls do just as well some times better anyways, but due to my curiosity I agreed to complete a test run. And i thought to myself if we have a test run, maybe sending each other gifts can make it a little more fun. Without further ado, see below for more details

| Intro | Rules | How it Works | Our NPCS | Version One | Version Two | Version Three | Prizes |

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:16 pm
Rules

1. Follow ToS of Gaia and HPGOG RULES, Inappropriate behavior will result with consequences.
  2. Gifts will all be given anonymously for this event.
  3. Make sure to add a clue hinting you're from the guild, to those you send gifts to.
  4. If you want to try the Staff Gift Guessing Game you will need to send a trade with 1k gaia_gaiagold to Professor Adonis (These funds are used to help with gifts)
  5. Clearly state which version(s) you want to be a part of.
  6. Please be polite to others, we don't want to add more rules but they will be if needed.

| Intro | Rules | How it Works | Our NPCS | Version One | Version Two | Version Three | Prizes |

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:28 pm
How It Work's

After hearing a few stories of Muggle Post, I got excited and decided to Make More then one version of the gift exchange, I was shooting for 6 Versions, but the Heads of Houses said that was to many crying , So I made Three Versions ! blaugh
Version One
Guild members shall send a trade with a small fee of 1k to adonis
Then the seven NPCs listed on the following post will send those who participated gifts, These gifts however will be anonymous ! With only a clue from which NPC they received it from ! These clues will not be simple after receiving your gift and want to take a guess at who sent it, PM Techpriest35 with your guessed answer but be careful you only have two tries, Whomever wins this scenario will not only get the prizes they received but will also get a handsome gold prize. Don't forget more than one can win !

Version Two
In Version Two, this is a gift giving bonanza ! You may give a gift to whomever you would like (As long as they are participating in this version) and your gift has to be a minimum of 1000 Gold. Besides that there is no cap limit on what you can spend ! Also for those participating do not become stingy on gifts received some people have a budget, besides you received a gift be happy biggrin All gifts are anonymous

Version Three Requires no sign up fee ! In this version after the deadline is complete you will get a random partner from among those who are participating, you will gift one gift worth at least 5k to your partner and try to guess whom your partner is based on what they sent you GIFTS WILL BE ANONYMOUS, remember to leave a note it's from this guild event

We are going to be putting a deadline for when to sign up for the event, so that way people can decide what to get for someone, after the gift giving exchange happens be sure to say thank you, two weeks before the event is over if you have't guessed who gave you your gift, all secret gift givers, can state who they gave gifts too ! if you have any questions regarding how this works PM Techpriest35 the deadline to sign up for the gift exchange is JULY 1 7:00 PM PST

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:38 pm
Our NPC's

Dobby: House Elf in the Kitchens
Professor Adonis: Headmaster of Hogwarts
The Bloody Baron: House Ghost of Slytherin
The Grey Lady: House Ghost of Ravenclaw
The Fat Friar: House Ghost of Hufflepuff
Nearly Headless Nick: House Ghost of Gryffindor
Rita Skeeter: Hogwarts Monthly Editor

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm
Participants For Version One

Tohru_luvs_catz
Mothette x
animefreak-01
Aunt Slappy

ApostleOfTheWind13

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:40 pm
Participants For Version Two

Aunt Slappy
Mothette x
animefreak-01
Tohru_luvs_catz
ApostleOfTheWind13

Professor_Adonis
Captain

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:08 am
Participants For Version Three

Tohru_luvs_catz
TheBlackCheshireCatsLover
Mothette
Aunt Slappy

animefreak-01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:25 pm
Prize Winners

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:52 pm
I'd like to participate in One and Three. Though I don't understand how to send an anonymous gift. Could someone explain that?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:59 pm
I´ll like to work with versions 1 and 3 also  

Tibbers Dream

Sparkly Vampire

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:03 am
I'd like to sign up for all three.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:29 am
Tohru_luvs_catz
I'd like to participate in One and Three. Though I don't understand how to send an anonymous gift. Could someone explain that?

If a person is enabled to receive anonymous gifts (go to account > preferences > feature options > receive gifts from: [set to everybody] so that you can receive anonymous gifts) then you can give them something by going to your inventory, picking out the gift and clicking on it, and an option "gift item" should be there for most things. That'll take you to the gifting page, where you can choose wrapping, the recipient, check that you want to be anonymous, and add a message.  

SharpProcess

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:24 am
Mothette x
Tohru_luvs_catz

If a person is enabled to receive anonymous gifts (go to account > preferences > feature options > receive gifts from: [set to everybody] so that you can receive anonymous gifts) then you can give them something by going to your inventory, picking out the gift and clicking on it, and an option "gift item" should be there for most things. That'll take you to the gifting page, where you can choose wrapping, the recipient, check that you want to be anonymous, and add a message.

Ok! Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 am
Signing up for all three ! emotion_awesome

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers