Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
*Practical Practitioners Club Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morbid Obesity

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 pm
Welcome to the Practical Practitioners Club!

You walk into an empty classroom one day, perhaps not looking where you are going, and find it isn't empty. There are students, and students of all houses. An enthusiatic first-year Hufflepuff who goes by Mo grins and waves you over, so you head over.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Hello! Welcome to my club! I decided that there should be a place where people can practice homework and socialize at the same time! We use the back half of the room for human practice, such as dueling or human transfiguration, and this front half for item or animal spells, like levitation or item or animal transfiguration. There's a doorway just over there that leads to a cupboard filled with old books from different subjects and years, but if it's queit studying you're after, try the library. Here we actually practice the spells, not just the theory. We do ask you to be kind and not attack anyone unprovoked, make sure your practice partner is agreeable to practice. If you would like help with anything, feel free to ask, either myself or another knowledgeable student will be sure to assist you. Would you like to look at the books? Some of them are damaged so all the information isn't there, but if you're up for a bit of reading, there's plenty to learn! Now if you'll excuse me, I was practicing disarming with a second-year Ravenclaw boy who's a bit cute...." Morbid winks and hurries off, polishing her wand on her skirt to rub off the smudges.

You look around, and decide to read the list of rules posted by the door before approaching anyone:

Do not practice Dark Magic.
Do not perform curses or jinxes that you do not know the countercurse or counterjinx for.
Any unprovoked attack can be reported to a teacher, so please don't do it.
Do return all books back to the shelves when you are done, to borrow books visit the Library.
No food or drink unless it is being used for spellwork; example water into wine.
Be polite at all times, there are no houses here, this is a common club.

Mo waves at you again, to let you know you are welcome.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:46 pm

10 Inch Inflexible Mahogany Wand, Dragon Heartstring Core
First Year, Hufflepuff

Mo waves goodbye to the person she had been practicing disarming with. She goes to the closet of books, and grabs a book at random, then opens it up to the middle.

"Augementi..."

She reads the paragraph, then starts waving her wand as the book instructs.

"Here goes nothing!"

Morbid Obesity

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 pm
Kenzie, excited to have something to do hurries down the hall to the room. She stops to read the rules posted on the door. Kenzie smiles and opens the door. Kenzie scans the room, and notices Mo out of the corner of her eye, she turns and starts walking towards her, but instead walks straight into a wall of water. "Oh!" Kenzie stands there stunned. "Oops." Kenzie looks down at herself and then back up at Mo, and starts laughing. "That was a good spell. Which one was that?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:08 pm

First Year, Hufflepuff

"Augementi- to produce a jet of pure water. I've been practicing a bit, that was only the second time it worked for me! It's a short wave with a bit of a flick. It's a third year spell, but I like reading ahead. I was also looking at Furnuculus- sprouts boils all over the targets body. I don't know the counter-jinx though, it's probably in a healer's spellbook, but I don't know if we have any of those in here. These are all books donated by past students.

Would you like to look at the books? Some of them are damaged so all the information isn't there, but if you're up for a bit of reading, there's plenty to learn!"

Morbid Obesity

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:23 pm
"I've been wanting to practice Petrificus Totalus. I can't find the counter curse for it, though I hear that Finite Incantatum works pretty well to counter most common curses and spells." Kenzie looks around nervusly.
"That and I have terrible aim." She mumbles.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:13 pm

First Year, Hufflepuff

"It IS Finite, would you like to practice? In the back here, there are many cushions to lay out on the floor, so if I fall over i'll be unharmed."

Morbid Obesity

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 pm
"Ok. If you're sure." Kenzie walks over to the cushions. Kenzie takes a deep breath and steadies her hand, then carefully waves her wand. "Petrificus Totalus." Kenzie's curse zooms past Mo and hits a lone chair behind her, causing it to topple over and crash to the floor. Kenzie turns beat red as every pair of eyes turn to her. Kenzie mumbles to the floor "Sorry. I really do have terrible aim."  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:00 pm

First Year, Hufflepuff

Mo laughs out loud.

"Don't worry, that's the point of practicing! Go on, try again. And i'll try and repel your spell with Protego once your aim is better, my shield charm isn't very strong but it's good to have some challenge when practicing."

Morbid Obesity

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Cotton Kitten

Invisible Star

8,450 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:32 pm
Kori walked into the classroom she had heard voices in. She finds to students practicing spells. "Hello!" she says.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 am

First Year, Hufflepuff

Morbid waves, "Hello! Would you like to practice with us? Right now we're practicing the full-body-bind curse, Petrificus Totalus, and the shield charm, Protego! Whoa!" Morbid barely ducks in time to avoid the curse shot at her.

Morbid Obesity

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:03 pm
Kenzie laughs, "I almost got you that time!" Kenzie turns to Kori, "She says she's practicing Protego, but honestly I haven't come close to hitting her yet. If you want you can join and we can take turns, some times I learn better when I watch someone else do the spell, though I've been told I aim better when I think less. My little sister, who shared a room with me when we were younger, says that I have impeccable aim when I'm asleep, no matter where she hid in the room I could hit her with a pillow without waking up." Kenzie laughs, "One time she even hid in the closet but left the door open and was sleeping on the other side of the room where the door would have blocked me from seeing her, and I got the pillow up and over the door and still hit her, after that our parents let us have our own rooms."

((occ: True story only we never got our own rooms, sometimes on trips we would sleep in the same bed and she said It was like I fought ninjas in my sleep. I told her that when I would go to bed late if she was already asleep she would sometimes talk to me. My boyfriend was the one who figured out that when i'm asleep I react to changes in my environment. If I fell asleep on him I would breath in sync with him and when he changed his breathing I would twitch. Only recently did I put two and two together. Kat would talk to me in her sleep and so I would throw something at her in my sleep, cause she was changing the environment. I'm also have really really bad aim in real life, so it makes the event of me hitting her in my sleep even more shocking. ))  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:24 pm
"Sure! I would love to practice with you!" Kori replied. She took out her wand. "My names Kori, whats yours?" She said.

((Wow. The sleeping thing is pretty cool!))

Cotton Kitten

Invisible Star

8,450 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:33 pm
"My name is Kenzie. And this is Mo. We're from Hufflepuff!"

((It's funny in story but it sucks on dance team trips [I compete in collegate level dance], cause I get kicked to the couch in the hotels.))  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 am
Rabbit walking into the club ,only to see a lot of water all over the place "soooo ,did a pipe break in here or something"Rabbit said .Rabbit then spotted Kenzie and Mo "Merlin ,i felt like i haven't spoken to you guys in a while"  

Tibbers Dream

Sparkly Vampire

Cotton Kitten

Invisible Star

8,450 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:14 pm
"Oh, hello." said Kori. "Have I met you before? I'm Kori." She looked at the puddle on the floor for the first time. "Wow, how did I not notice that. Do you know any drying spells?"  
Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff