DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Link to official GW page.

So is anybody else going or considering going to the Warhammer World Invasion on May 26th July 23rd? My wife and I have tickets to the doubles tournament, taking Imperial Guard and Sisters of Battle.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:31 pm
Pilan
DarkElf27
Pilan
Tournament day?
Warhammer World Invasion on May 26th.
huh, cool. I'll have to talk to the game store I go to and see if he knows anything about it

I know a bunch of the UK Games Workshops are sending teams to compete at it, so if you're within a few hours of Nottingham, your local GW might be taking sign-ups.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Pilan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:37 pm
DarkElf27
Pilan
DarkElf27
Pilan
Tournament day?
Warhammer World Invasion on May 26th.
huh, cool. I'll have to talk to the game store I go to and see if he knows anything about it

I know a bunch of the UK Games Workshops are sending teams to compete at it, so if you're within a few hours of Nottingham, your local GW might be taking sign-ups.

Sadly, I'm in the US ^.^;'  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:22 am
Pilan

Sadly, I'm in the US ^.^;'
Hehe, I've only just recently moved, so I'm taking advantage of my proximity to the place.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 am
Unfortunately I'm a couple of hundred miles south of Nottingham. I've been bugging the manager of my local GW about a team.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:01 pm
Pixie Femboy
Unfortunately I'm a couple of hundred miles south of Nottingham. I've been bugging the manager of my local GW about a team.
My GW's setting up transportation to and from the event, and rolling it into the cost of the ticket, and we're a good 70 miles or so away. I suppose it all comes down to a matter of interest, so if you want to convince them, try getting 10 or so people to pledge to participate if they put together a team.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:07 pm
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy
My GW's setting up transportation to and from the event, and rolling it into the cost of the ticket, and we're a good 70 miles or so away. I suppose it all comes down to a matter of interest, so if you want to convince them, try getting 10 or so people to pledge to participate if they put together a team.
I'm sure there are a few people that are interested. It's just getting them to speak up. If you don't mind me asking, where abouts in England are you living?  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 pm
Pixie Femboy
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy
I'm sure there are a few people that are interested. It's just getting them to speak up. If you don't mind me asking, where abouts in England are you living?
About halfway between Cambridge and Peterborough, so probably quite a bit north of you. xp

A list of names and an estimate for a coach there and back would go a long way towards convincing your staff, methinks.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 pm
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy
About halfway between Cambridge and Peterborough, so probably quite a bit north of you. xp

A list of names and an estimate for a coach there and back would go a long way towards convincing your staff, methinks.
It's a little way away, though I've done the journey north many times.

I think there are some people trying to get a list together. The problem is finding the time for it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm
Pixie Femboy
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy

I think there are some people trying to get a list together. The problem is finding the time for it.
I feel the pain there, I'm trying to put together a 600pt Tallarn army for my side of the doubles team, and it's hard to get a chance to work on it. sweatdrop  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:29 pm
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy

I feel the pain there, I'm trying to put together a 600pt Tallarn army for my side of the doubles team, and it's hard to get a chance to work on it. sweatdrop

I've been speaking to a friend about doing a doubles tournament sometime later this year, maybe next year. With the way work is going it's getting difficult to concentrate.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:36 pm
Pixie Femboy

I've been speaking to a friend about doing a doubles tournament sometime later this year, maybe next year. With the way work is going it's getting difficult to concentrate.
Mhm, definitely. Work, class, and an almost-2-year-old. sweatdrop  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:46 pm
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy

I think I'm going to attend an event this year and use it as a means to get painting. I don't know whether to do an Ad-Mec army or a HE Lothern Sea Guard army.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Pixie Femboy
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy

I think I'm going to attend an event this year and use it as a means to get painting. I don't know whether to do an Ad-Mec army or a HE Lothern Sea Guard army.
Nothing quite like a deadline to give yourself a mental kick in the a**. ^^  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:56 pm
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy
DarkElf27
Pixie Femboy

Nothing quite like a deadline to give yourself a mental kick in the a**. ^^
Well... I did try that with Kill Team back in December but that failed miserably.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff